Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:20 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1547029 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Khez: 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
Thanks a lot for replying me boss, I am happy.
So my side business has just jumia Id card as evidence as for the other people I go to market for, I can gather some receipts by then,
I have a land and a car receipt, that should do na abi boss, as my tie.
Will my in law provide an document proving his my in law? Or just a letter from him and personal statement??
Thanks baba, reply pls.
justwise:

You need to read this thread regarding documents to submit because we have answered this sort of questions far too many times.

Whether you want to sponsor the trip or your brother inlaw you still need to proof that you have a strong tie to Nigeria, looking at your salary level you will need to spend more than 5months of your salary on 5days trip.

If your brother inlaw wants to sponsor you he can but you still need to provide those documents to support your tie to Nigeria.

Your side business without any document to support it will hardly be taken seriously.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bisi16(m): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
Good day everyone. Can somebody plz point me to a sample cover letter? Someone mentioned page 418 earlier but its not there.

Also, is applying in Sept for a Dec trip too early?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tswise: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
Goodday Oga Justwise and other gurus here.

My wife, our last child and I were issued six months visa in march this year and we traveled with it in May using ten days as stated in our application.
I wish to apply for my remaining three kids. I want us to travel before expiration of our visa in September. My questions are...

1. Is it not too close for us to travel again in September since we just came back in May.

2. How will Eco view our application since we will not have other family tiles in Nigeria as we all intend to go on this trip?

3. Will our account balance of N2.5 million be sufficient in the Eco's eye? (Though we also have another N3 million investment on Treasury Bills).

4. Hope my first son age of 16 years won't be an issue? I mentioned all my children name and submitted their birth certificate during our application in February this year.

I will appreciate more insight on these matters sir and ma as I do not want UK denial. The whole family had been denied US visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameW: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hello everyone, I asked a question a while back about my budget whilst filling my application. I got my passport back yesterday with a 6 months visa. I did my biometrics on 2nd July at Ikeja, got an email for collection on 25th July.Documents submitted:
6 months payslips
Letter of introduction from my employer
Proof of ownership of our residence
Evidence of husband’s ownership of other properties
Husband’s payslips and evidence of employment
Son’s birth certificate and bio data page of passport ( he’s traveling with me but he doesn’t need a visa)
Bank statements (salary n savings)
Husband letter of co-sponsorship (he’s not traveling with us)
Letter of invitation from sister-in-law and a copy of the bio-data page of her British passport
Cover letter- I explained the lodgement of some funds into my account by my husband in January.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
Pls anybody can tell me more about this primetime appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Notes: 7:58am On Jul 28, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Notes: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2018
bisi16:
Good day everyone. Can somebody plz point me to a sample cover letter? Someone mentioned page 418 earlier but its not there.

Thanks.

A sample of cover letter is on page 419,see link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/418#66422172

Three months before your travel date is the earliest you should go, something like 15th September to 14th December.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 9:50am On Jul 28, 2018
This is for those who wants to join the entry clearance officers in issuing and denying visas grin. click to apply

https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/6612-Entry-Clearance-Officer-11-18-ABJ/en-GB
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 9:56am On Jul 28, 2018
Khez:
So my side business has just jumia Id card as evidence as for the other people I go to market for, I can gather some receipts by then,
Will my in law provide an document proving his my in law? Or just a letter from him and personal statement??
Thanks baba, reply pls.

print your account statement from jumia too.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2018
ekpotek:

I don’t think your friend was denied because of the family visa category. Nevertheless a family visa is when you have an invite from a family member to visit. A tourist visa does not necessarily requires an invitation. So your friend is right to choice family visit. A family visitor must have a family member in the UK which can be a spouse, siblings, parents, or close and distance relatives. A tourist visitor may or may not have any family member in the UK but must have credible travel history.

I have no travel history, will that affect my application for tourists visa??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
justwise:

I really don't want to discourage you on this because i think your mind is made up already.

Reading in between the lines it appears that you are planing to visit the UK and live illegally with somebody you never met before.

The visa you are applying for will not allow you do anything other than visit and see places, you can't work, study, do business, rent a house or open bank account in the UK.

Forging payslip is never a good idea because if the embassy run a check on that you will be looking at 10yrs ban from the UK.

You really need to find out more about the person inviting you and willing to send his personal details.

Thanks for your response boss... I appreciate.
What's your advice please?
@justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
Khez:

Thanks baba, reply pls.

Yes include your land and car receipts and your in law should also send your any evidence that will proof that he is your inlaw and his bank statement and many other documents that has been listed here over and over again.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
tswise:
Goodday Oga Justwise and other gurus here.

My wife, our last child and I were issued six months visa in march this year and we traveled with it in May using ten days as stated in our application.
I wish to apply for my remaining three kids. I want us to travel before expiration of our visa in September. My questions are...

1. Is it not too close for us to travel again in September since we just came back in May.

2. How will Eco view our application since we will not have other family tiles in Nigeria as we all intend to go on this trip?

3. Will our account balance of N2.5 million be sufficient in the Eco's eye? (Though we also have another N3 million investment on Treasury Bills).

4. Hope my first son age of 16 years won't be an issue? I mentioned all my children name and submitted their birth certificate during our application in February this year.

I will appreciate more insight on these matters sir and ma as I do not want UK denial. The whole family had been denied US visa.

1. I think that looks too soon to travel again, if you or your wife work or both then one will wonder how you managed to get leave from work twice a year. So think about that.

2. That doesn't really matter as long as you can comfortably afford the trip and support that with your source of income.

3. You need to do the trip budget first then see if that amount will be enough for the whole family trip

4. It will not be a problem he is still a teenager.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
MadameW:
Hello everyone, I asked a question a while back about my budget whilst filling my application. I got my passport back yesterday with a 6 months visa. I did my biometrics on 2nd July at Ikeja, got an email for collection on 25th July.Documents submitted:
6 months payslips
Letter of introduction from my employer
Proof of ownership of our residence
Evidence of husband’s ownership of other properties
Husband’s payslips and evidence of employment
Son’s birth certificate and bio data page of passport ( he’s traveling with me but he doesn’t need a visa)
Bank statements (salary n savings)
Husband letter of co-sponsorship (he’s not traveling with us)
Letter of invitation from sister-in-law and a copy of the bio-data page of her British passport
Cover letter- I explained the lodgement of some funds into my account by my husband in January.

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2018
will i need to attach a passport photograph at the front page of my application as directed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
solaiphones:
will i need to attach a passport photograph at the front page of my application as directed

No you don't need to attach a passport

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by STENON(f): 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
abnot:

Give them a call to find out though I heard its not free as there is a charge for such calls
Good day to you. I got admitted to university of Glasgow for MSc in september 2018 Theoretical Physics and I need you to put me through some things. Thank you. Please reply your pm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tswise: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2018
justwise:

1. I think that looks too soon to travel again, if you or your wife work or both then one will wonder how you managed to get leave from work twice a year. So think about that.

2. That doesn't really matter as long as you can comfortably afford the trip and support that with your source of income.

3. You need to do the trip budget first then see if that amount will be enough for the whole family trip

4. It will not be a problem he is still a teenager.

I appreciate your response sir. We are entitled to to 20 working days leave. We took ten days out the 20 working days for the May trip. It was also stated like this on our cover letter during our application.

Am thinking of shifting it to December for Xmas since it looks so close.

Thank you. God bless you sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bisi16(m): 5:37pm On Jul 28, 2018
Notes:

A sample of cover letter is on page 419,see link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/418#66422172

Three months before your travel date is the earliest you should go, something like 15th September to 14th December.

Many thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by labiowo: 10:05pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hello House,I am planning to pay a visa to my Cousin in UK in December 2018,He is the one inviting and made provision for all my expenses throughout my stay in UK.I earned 225k as monthly salary .I was denied UK student visa in 2009.Please guru in the house ,do I have any chance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
solaiphones:
Pls anybody can tell me more about this primetime appointment

it is meant for those that can not make their appointment time or that never had appointment, so they will have to pay N30,000 so as to allow them submit their documents without appointments either working days or weekends.

you will have to pay N30,000 at Tls contact or better still you can cancel your application and get a refund if you haven't done your biometrics already...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
bisi16:

Thanks.

sorry my mistake I mention 418 instead of 419...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 9:03am On Jul 29, 2018
ekpotek:

UKVI will not ask you any question. The onus is on you to submit documents to show the relationship and your ties to Nigeria.
thank you boss MI. I don't know that they won't ask me any question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 9:20am On Jul 29, 2018
Pls boss is it right to tell the eco that I'm getting the family who invite me to the UK a gift family photo frame 12pounds that they going to use that to remember me when I come back to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
Olugerm:
Pls boss is it right to tell the eco that I'm getting the family who invite me to the UK a gift family photo frame 12pounds that they going to use that to remember me when I come back to Nigeria

What do you mean?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
iapt:

You are good to go sir...but i willa advice you state it in a cover letter from which account will the trip be sponsored (you or madam) because with your balance of 1.4m, i dont think you can sponsor the family...but you can state how much your wife will be contributing from her account for the trip....i wish you all the best...

Thanks bro, I will do just as u have advised. I am contributing 1M out of a balance of 1.5M now while my wife will support with just 300k. What do u think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kaleydd2000:

Thanks bro, I will do just as u have advised. I am contributing 1M out of a balance of 1.5M now while my wife will support with just 300k. What do u think?

Back in 2002 when I first applied for a UK visa, I had a balance of about 400k in my account (a not-inconsiderable amount at the time for those who can remember that the naira once had value). I can't remember precisely, but I think Lagos-London flights were in the region of 80k at the time (EgyptAir was offering about 60k, I think). In any case, I had worked out a budget of some 120 or 130k for the trip.

At that time, visa interviews were mandatory, and when I was interviewed the interviewer explained to me that they considered that it was illogical for me to want to spend about a third of my readily available cash on a holiday as this was one of the things they were required to consider. As to my other circumstances, I had been working for about a year and was unmarried, etcetera. It was my first denial.

To the best of my knowledge the guideline requiring some thresholds for assessing reasonable holiday expenses still subsists. I agree it may not always be uniformly applied (for instance, my brother, who is a doctor and unmarried, was granted a visa despite having only the total of a few months' salaries in his accounts - he was buying property at the time - I'd say he was granted because the chances of his transformation into an illegal as a doctor were naturally assessed as being very low), but if you're not in a comparable situation where your "rootedness" - i.e. ties and circumstances weighing in favour of a return is assessed as high, I strongly doubt your proposed expenditure of 1 million out of total available funds of 1.5 million would pass the proportionality test.

Just my opinion, naturally.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Olugerm:
congratulations dear friend plz how long does it take b to get your visa

Congrats Dami so happy for u. God blessed all our efforts. All the best

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bisi16(m): 3:21am On Jul 30, 2018
alert20:

sorry my mistake I mention 418 instead of 419...

I've seen it.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
STENON:
Good day to you. I got admitted to university of Glasgow for MSc in september 2018 Theoretical Physics and I need you to put me through some things. Thank you. Please reply your pm

Congratulations! I did some courses there at the Uni of Glasgow when I attended the Uni of Strathclyde smiley you will love Glasgow and the people.

There is a separate thread entirely about tier 4 visas. It is usually second on the travel forum after the USA visas.

Wish you the best!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
Olugerm:

Do not jeopardize your application by giving unnecessary information.

Now you mention family, is it a family member inviting you or a friend who is sponsoring your trip. Do not give too much information that will come back to bite you.

Make your additional info sheet simple short and straight to the point. Do not add sentimental sentences.

Is someone other than yourself paying for the trip? Explain why without saying too much. ........is sponsoring my trip as a gift to me, etc or whatever is not complicating.

Say what you plan to do in the time of your visit (and use days instead of weeks - they don’t like to see weeks so if you are going for 2 weeks, say 12 days or 14 days instead)... do you plan to visit museums, the London eye, a football fan? The stadium maybe and then return back to your studies and part time job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.