Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528604 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
Thanks to everyone who assisted in answering my queries. I have another question, after submitting the applications and the payment been made, I discovered that my 3 years old son's appointment date is a day prior to the rest of us ( I paid his application 2 days before the rest 3). I'd like to ask if it's something I should worry about?, because canceling/changing the appointment date will attract lost of 77$ user fee and some other long process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hello everyone, justwise: ekpotek and other. Please I need your help... I was denied my first application with foolish excuse. The docs I submitted was not checked and in the refusal letter, all the stuff they used to consider my application was not related to me. let's fastfwd... I have reapplied and I'm trying to link my new GWF with TLS but it keeps bringing the old GWF number. Please what can I do to rectify it? I don't want to created another profile on TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zibe(m): 8:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
Finally got my passport today with Tier 2 work visa issued.

Timeline:
2 August 2018 - Biometrics (paid for priority)
2 August 2018 - Passport transferred to UKVI
3 August 2018 - Got mail from UKVI confirming receipt and consideration by ECO
15 August 2018 - Passport collected

The above shows a 2week timeline (9 working days) instead of the 5 working days they said. In between the dates I've had to call UKVI twice and even visited TLS twice before finally getting it today. I'm not sure what's causing the current delay in returning visa as I met people with same delay issue. wahala dey o.

Off to book my flight. Goodluck everyone.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2018
zibe:

Timeline:

The above shows a 2week timeline (9 working days) instead of the 5 working days they said. In between the dates I've had to call UKVI twice and even visited TLS twice before finally getting it today. I'm not sure what's causing the current delay in returning visa as I met people with same delay issue. wahala dey o.

please PM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
zibe:

Timeline:

Bro pls can u get me a link for this tier 2 visa with good sponsors
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Winduke(f): 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
solaiphones:

An introduction letter from your school
School fee receipt
School id card
Admission letter
An evidence to show you have strong social and economic tie to your home country

Thank you very much. I just wanted to ask if there was any suggestions as to what would constitute as evidence of strong social and economic ties.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Winduke(f): 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
ekpotek:

You don’t need to worry. The old site is still functional. Go for your appointment. All the best.

Ok thanks a lot �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amaeve(f): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
Please what is the new website for standard visitor visa application? Please do I need to put my own address on the cover letter? Please respond. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
zibe:

Timeline:

Congrats on your visa! I know nothing about Tier 2 visas. Almost switched from a tier 4 visa 6 years ago but skipped because I moved to the US.

Can you tell me a bit more please? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zibe(m): 5:06am On Aug 16, 2018
marylanderr:

Congrats on your visa! I know nothing about Tier 2 visas. Almost switched from a tier 4 visa 6 years ago but skipped because I moved to the US.

Can you tell me a bit more please? Thanks

Oh I got a permanent role with the UK office of my current place of work hence I was required to apply for a work visa before resuming there. I guess one's employer has to be one of the licensed sponsors before the visa can be granted. I sha didn't do anything extra so I'm not sure how you can independently apply for jobs with recognised sponsors.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:25am On Aug 16, 2018
please how can i withdraw an application that was just submitted on monday ... The passport is being requested for by the Canadian embassy next week. Thanks ... (very urgent)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:10am On Aug 16, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:
please how can i withdraw an application that was just submitted on monday ... The passport is being requeated foe by the Canadian embassy next week. Thanks ... (very urgent)

Why not send them an email and explain the why you need your passport. They could return the passport why still processing your application. To me this should be the first approach before withdrawing the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hopeyemi10: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2018
Lee310:
Hello everyone, justwise: ekpotek and other. Please I need your help... I was denied my first application with foolish excuse. The docs I submitted was not checked and in the refusal letter, all the stuff they used to consider my application was not related to me. let's fastfwd... I have reapplied and I'm trying to link my new GWF with TLS but it keeps bringing the old GWF number. Please what can I do to rectify it? I don't want to created another profile on TLS

Exactly this was my case too....I have every reason to believe my documents were not checked...
The decision was made without any assessment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okemoney14(m): 9:31am On Aug 16, 2018
Good morning all, please is compulsory to add my utility bill and birthday certificate for application of uk visit visa? And is it also compulsory to select primetime for appointment? because I didn’t select it in my application. Pls I need your response ASAP. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 10:09am On Aug 16, 2018
zibe:

Timeline:

Congrats bro...did you later get a mail from UKVI or you just went there again to check? Cos i paid for priority too and its 4weeks now and i havent gotten any email that i should come collect my passport...i have called UKVI twice and they said decision has been made...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zibe(m): 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
iapt:

Congrats bro...did you later get a mail from UKVI or you just went there again to check? Cos i paid for priority too and its 4weeks now and i havent gotten any email that i should come collect my passport...i have called UKVI twice and they said decision has been made...

Nah I didn't get a mail from them. Went there for the third time and got it. I think they brought it same day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:21pm On Aug 16, 2018
okemoney14:
Good morning all, please is compulsory to add my utility bill and birthday certificate for application of uk visit visa? And is it also compulsory to select primetime for appointment? because I didn’t select it in my application. Pls I need your response ASAP. Thanks

Utility bill is necessary only when you residing on own property.

Birth certificate is necessary to proof your age

Use prime time if you can afford it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetgold5: 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
I am really enjoying this platform.

Pls I also submitted my application 30th of July its going to be 15 working days tomorrow and I got a mail today from VISAINFO. SHEFO that my application is not straight forward so they can't meet the stipulated time they usually process application so I still need to wait cos its still under process. (This is the 2nd mail I am receiving from them the 1st one was they have received my application and its under process). I applied for a standard visitor visa (Non Piority) and this is not my first application I have been given their visa more than 3 times.

I dont know whats happening oo... Pls has anyone seen this kind of mail and what was the end result..... Pls what should I do.....do I need to call them?

Pls kindly respond.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2018
sweetgold5:

Pls I also submitted my application 30th of July its going to be 15 working days tomorrow and I got a mail today from VISAINFO. SHEFO that my application is not straight forward so they can't meet the stipulated time they usually process application so I still need to wait cos its still under process. (This is the 2nd mail I am receiving from them the 1st one was they have received my application and its under process). I applied for a standard visitor visa (Non Piority) and this is not my first application I have been given their visa more than 3 times.

I dont know whats happening oo... Pls has anyone seen this kind of mail and what was the end result..... Pls what should I do.....do I need to call them?

Pls kindly respond.
Thanks.

Many people got that email too. My friend got it. He submitted in June, escalated two weeks ago, nothing yet.
I heard this time of the year is always busy for them; summer break and international students starting their courses in September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by go4itng: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
You can go with any of the dates which ever you prefer. Register on the TLS site as a group. Happened to me, my son had an earlier date and i went with his.

fakmurphy:
Thanks to everyone who assisted in answering my queries. I have another question, after submitting the applications and the payment been made, I discovered that my 3 years old son's appointment date is a day prior to the rest of us ( I paid his application 2 days before the rest 3). I'd like to ask if it's something I should worry about?, because canceling/changing the appointment date will attract lost of 77$ user fee and some other long process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thanks God bless you.

go4itng:
You can go with any of the dates which ever you prefer. Register on the TLS site as a group. Happened to me, my son had an earlier date and i went with his.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okemoney14(m): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
ekpotek:

Utility bill is necessary only when you residing on own property.

Birth certificate is necessary to proof your age

Use prime time if you can afford it.

Thanks a lot. Have already filled and submitted the form online without using the primetime. How can I change it to primetime?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
okemoney14:

Thanks a lot. Have already filled and submitted the form online without using the primetime. How can I change it to primetime?

if you have filled the form and got an appointment day already, y use prime time again?? just go and attend your appointment...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2018
zibe:

Oh I got a permanent role with the UK office of my current place of work hence I was required to apply for a work visa before resuming there. I guess one's employer has to be one of the licensed sponsors before the visa can be granted. I sha didn't do anything extra so I'm not sure how you can independently apply for jobs with recognised sponsors.

Good luck.

Right, I see. Makes sense. Used to be an option to switch from T4 to 2 when I studied. Thanks.

Enjoy working in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugolinze123(m): 11:33am On Aug 17, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
sorry about this. Please is this your first uk visa or renewal.
My first
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omicron(m): 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
sweetgold5:

Pls kindly respond.
Thanks.
Got same mail on 13th working day. Today is 25th working day, nothing yet. Called twice and it didn't help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
Pls how can I calculate the 15 days is it from the day of submission or when UKVI received it... Cos I submitted on 30th July and they sent me mail they received it on 6th of this month and my travelling date is near on 25th of this month I haven't heard anything from them ... Pls help I need your advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by saintbizero: 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
I am a first time UK visa applicant, I did my biometric enrolment on 15th of August. what amazed me is that the person that did my biometric told me to look up at the camera up and say my name and my date of birth. Is this how they did for everyone?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
saintbizero:
I am a first time UK visa applicant, I did my biometric enrolment on 15th of August. what amazed me is that the person that did my biometric told me to look up at the camera up and say my name and my date of birth. Is this how they did for everyone?
yes that's what they asked me to do and say your date of birth

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by saintbizero: 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
@olugerm. thanks for your response, when was that and did you get your visa approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
saintbizero:
@olugerm. thanks for your response, when was that and did you get your visa approved.
Youre welcome... that was on 30th of July and I was yet to receive the mail for pickup even in the tracking info decision has not been made...just hope for the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.