Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535713 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:19am On Mar 01, 2019
tallestguy:
@justwise and other, pls help me with the form filling,

I was invited by my cousin and am fill in the form now but see some question need your help

1: Do you have another income or any savings?
You can select more than one option.

Other regular income
Savings
Or
I do not have any other income or savings

2: Give details of the main purpose of your visit and anything else you plan to do on your trip.

If you don't have any other source of income then state that and explain things you plan to do in the UK if given a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:22am On Mar 01, 2019
missoredipe:
Good evening Justwise,

Please I'm trying to apply for a post graduate diploma which will take up to 12 weeks of study in London. I currently have a 2-year visit visa and I saw online that I have to apply for a short term study visa. Could you please advise me on how to go about this or direct me to a thread for short term study visa.

Many thanks

Its the same process as visiting visa application but you need to provide evidence of that short course and any document from the school to you regarding the program you are attending.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Courage19: 10:59am On Mar 01, 2019
I had my biometrics 16th January and not yet gotten mine as well. I have called and sent several mails, same response. The application is still under consideration.
Please does anyone know the process of withdrawing an application and how long it takes. I need my passport for another trip.
Favourme84:
Please how long does it take your Friend to get the visa back because i did my Biometric.....25 Jan,2019
I got a mail that my application was not straightforward on 7th Feb 2019 and i got another not straightforward mail on 22nd Feb,2019.
I called them on monday 25th Feb,2019.still have not heard from them.Today makes it 24 working days.I am worried and it is 6 months visitor visa..

Happened to my friend in Sept last year. We called them several times, yet nothing. He received another not straightforward after the first one. Anyway, his visa later came out, even when the date of the exam he was supposed to come to the UK had passed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tallestguy: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2019
But what about Savings they asked for?

i use to get title income sometime which not pass 150k from friends last year to my salary account, but someone send 300k to me in January 25th, did i need to explain the source of the money since i don't have any other source of income?

Supporting Documents 2 Car and 2 house Document, both car on my name but one house was mine and second was my mother name.

justwise:

If you don't have any other source of income then state that and explain things you plan to do in the UK if given a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OvaSabi1(f): 12:20pm On Mar 01, 2019
justwise:

If this conference is not important then i suggest that you save your money and prepare for the PhD application

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
tallestguy:
But what about Savings they asked for?

i use to get title income sometime which not pass 150k from friends last year to my salary account, but someone send 300k to me in January 25th, did i need to explain the source of the money since i don't have any other source of income?

Supporting Documents 2 Car and 2 house Document, both car on my name but one house was mine and second was my mother name.

Do you have any savings?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tallestguy: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2019
I have close to 1.2k in my salary account now and i spend up to 700k from the account from December to January 25th before i got the 300k from a friend.

700K Was more for the hospital bill.

I have another saving account with the money going to from FG and running Unionkorrect on it which the bank deducted every month from the account.

justwise:
[b]

Do you have any savings?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olalekank(m): 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
Olalekank:

Good day Justwise

I just got Goldman internship offer in London.
I'd like to PM you to ask a few questions please.

Please kindly quote back lemme delete this post. Thank you

Please ask your question here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olalekank(m): 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2019
justwise:

I've not gotten information about accommodation and all those stuffs.

I'd like to know what the cost of living is like, how much accommodation is and feeding cost. This would enable me to know how much I'd need to bring for the first month.

I'm yet to get info about the whole details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Mar 01, 2019
Olalekank:

I've not gotten information about accommodation and all those stuffs.

I'd like to know what the cost of living is like, how much accommodation is and feeding cost. This would enable me to know how much I'd need to bring for the first month.

I'm yet to get info about the whole details

Which area of London will the internship be taking place? I mean the company's location
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abdquadr: 12:33am On Mar 02, 2019
Prof justwise....pls I need your email add or maybe you can send a mail abdquadr@gmail.com

I have an important issue to discuss with you as regards this thread
Thanks sir.
Bless!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:41am On Mar 02, 2019
justwise:

abdquadr:
Prof justwise....pls I need your email add or maybe you can send a mail abdquadr@gmail.com

I have an important issue to discuss with you as regards this thread
Thanks sir.
Bless!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mosky47: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2019
Hello Justwise et al.

I've got a few questions:

1. I have a letter of invitation from a family friend in the UK. Do I need to get their bank statement and data page as well? Or is the invitation letter sufficient?
2. I am sponsoring myself for the journey. How many months of bank statement do I need? Or is a closing balance enough?
3. In my bank account, there was a large deposit which is from maturation of Treasury bills purchased 6 months ago. I plan to attach the treasury bill purchase certificate which shows date of purchase and date of maturation. I hope this is okay.
4. For the residential address, I live in my family house; been here for nearly 20 years. No C of O. Do I need to submit anything at all?

Thank you for the guidance on this page.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bumzy8: 10:03am On Mar 02, 2019
i greet u all. i will be straight forward n truthful with my questn. i want to apply for uk visa. my monthly salary 70k n i av bn working for 2yr+.in my 30+ bt nt married.a friend dat z a citizen over der z ready to send me an invite with all d necessary documents i will b needing.he is not married too bt we r nt dating. i av like 2M in my savings acct n i av som1 dat z ready to sponsor my trip.av nvr traveled bf whc means am with a virgin passport.pls i need a guide, advice n steps to take on dis.
note:i jst want to go for a visit. i will b waiting ,tnx.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 02, 2019
Doublej805:
Yes.... but do u know if i can get cheap yamaha keyboard over there.... because my uncle is going back to UK next week...

to be honest i don't know anything about keyboards, but i am sure your uncle should be able to find out when he arrives the uk. can your uncle bring in some documents for me??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abdquadr: 1:51pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hello justwise and whole of the house.

I am a MSc Student at North Cyprus and I am here with my wife who is also an MSc student here.

My father is a British and he wants me and my wife to come and visit him in the UK during the summer. In the letter, he’s going to explain that he will sponsor the trip.

My question is that, do I need to prove I have some funds as well?
How do I convince the consular to a reasonable extent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olafamzy87(m): 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
Please can i have your email address so that i can message you privately. Thanks
Mario8732:
Hello family,
I am new here.i applied to join the british army and they have sent me an accessment letter to travel to the uk for my interview and accessment.from the start of the application the army made me aware they are responsible for my visa. So i have to apply for a visitors visa.
1.please i want to know the documents my sponsor in the uk should provide me to add to my application
2.i am working already so i want to know the document to add to support my application
3.i visited the uk in 2012 when i was in the university and in my final year i wanted to visit again but i was refuse.please will that affect my new application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olafamzy87(m): 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
@justwise, please i need your advice. Am about to apply for visit visa but here is my issue. My boss is directly responsible for the payment of monthly salary meaning he pays me directly from his personal account. Please how do i go about the payslip issue?
I will sincerely appreciate your contribution.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
mosky47:
Hello Justwise et al.

I've got a few questions:

1. I have a letter of invitation from a family friend in the UK. Do I need to get their bank statement and data page as well? Or is the invitation letter sufficient?
2. I am sponsoring myself for the journey. How many months of bank statement do I need? Or is a closing balance enough?
3. In my bank account, there was a large deposit which is from maturation of Treasury bills purchased 6 months ago. I plan to attach the treasury bill purchase certificate which shows date of purchase and date of maturation. I hope this is okay.
4. For the residential address, I live in my family house; been here for nearly 20 years. No C of O. Do I need to submit anything at all?

Thank you for the guidance on this page.

1. yes you have to

2. 6 months bank statement, you should do your budget to know how much the trip will cost you and how much you should have in your account

3. Yes

4. No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2019
Bumzy8:
i greet u all. i will be straight forward n truthful with my questn. i want to apply for uk visa. my monthly salary 70k n i av bn working for 2yr+.in my 30+ bt nt married.a friend dat z a citizen over der z ready to send me an invite with all d necessary documents i will b needing.he is not married too bt we r nt dating. i av like 2M in my savings acct n i av som1 dat z ready to sponsor my trip.av nvr traveled bf whc means am with a virgin passport.pls i need a guide, advice n steps to take on dis.
note:i jst want to go for a visit. i will b waiting ,tnx.

All the info you need is in this thread if you read few pages back but your salary is low, the attention may not necessarily on your savings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
olafamzy87:
@justwise, please i need your advice. Am about to apply for visit visa but here is my issue. My boss is directly responsible for the payment of monthly salary meaning he pays me directly from his personal account. Please how do i go about the payslip issue?
I will sincerely appreciate your contribution.
Thanks

If you can't get payslip from your company then explain your payment method in the form.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
abdquadr:

Hello justwise and whole of the house.

I am a MSc Student at North Cyprus and I am here with my wife who is also an MSc student here.

My father is a British and he wants me and my wife to come and visit him in the UK during the summer. In the letter, he’s going to explain that he will sponsor the trip.

My question is that, do I need to prove I have some funds as well?
How do I convince the consular to a reasonable extent.

Is your daddy ready to send you his bank statement and transfer money for your ticket?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Xplorezee: 4:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hello learned seniors in the house. This is my first post here and I have some questions, although am asking for a friend. She's proccessing her Uk immigation and she is asked to do UK Naric. After reading up on it, I think it's more or less an educational credentials assessment, she would be issued a comparability statements, that is she will be given something like a statement of the equivalence of her international in UK education system. The part I don't understand is the English language proficiency. Is she going to be sitting for an exam or they are also going to determine that from are certificates too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mosky47: 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
Okay. Thank you very much.

justwise:

1. yes you have to

2. 6 months bank statement, you should do your budget to know how much the trip will cost you and how much you should have in your account

3. Yes

4. No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abdquadr: 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2019
Yes sir.
He’s going to send his bank details and tickets. And he’s going to feed and accommodate us.
justwise:

Is your daddy ready to send you his bank statement and transfer money for your ticket?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Doublej805: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2019
Irenenwaka:

to be honest i don't know anything about keyboards, but i am sure your uncle should be able to find out when he arrives the uk. can your uncle bring in some documents for me??
what kind of documents if i may ask?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baggie887: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hello Justwise and everyone, here is my issue. Am having an interview (face to face) with an organization in uk and i was told i will need to provide my flight and accommodation by myself but they will send me an invite letter.
A friend of mine is ready to assist with out with accommodation and feeding over there for the period of stay while my brother is providing my flights ticket and transport(sponsor).
My salary here is not that fat 50k per month.
Please, i need your advice on what documents to provide for my visa application.
Am a first timer here.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sashaa(f): 11:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
@justwise please the part of the application where one is asked if there's any other information one needs to add about the application but was not able to, is that for detailed information like what should be on the cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NanaOne1: 12:04am On Mar 03, 2019
Mario8732:
Hello family,
I am new here.i applied to join the british army and they have sent me an accessment letter to travel to the uk for my interview and accessment.from the start of the application the army made me aware they are responsible for my visa. So i have to apply for a visitors visa.
1.please i want to know the documents my sponsor in the uk should provide me to add to my application
2.i am working already so i want to know the document to add to support my application
3.i visited the uk in 2012 when i was in the university and in my final year i wanted to visit again but i was refuse.please will that affect my new application

Hello House,

Please I need information on applying for the UK Army. Is it possible to apply when you are not in the Uk and don't have a visa. Im asking because in filling the forms you are asked about your visa and Uk details

This may not be the right thread but I cannot find any so please provide me with the information if you know
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.