Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535597 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kratoz(m): 12:58am On Apr 26, 2016
Timmi98:
Hello, my mum and I applied for US visa separately. we are not traveling together and I am 18 already. Is it possible for us to have our interview together?

nope
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:42am On Apr 26, 2016
iRyan:
Hi everyone. Long time no hear. Lady G and chloe. Miss u all.
Werrcome aunty!

Chloe u never return? Shoooo! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 4:00am On Apr 26, 2016
TOSINSESI:
Well done to the whole house for the great work u guys are doing. What's the difference between the blue, yellow or green paper given to people after been denied @ the embassy.

Well, I got the yellow paper first time I applied and they give you that if they require further proof or documentation before a final decision can be made. The chances of getting the visa afterward is good.

Aim for the white paper though grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 6:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Hi Lady G and the gurus,
My USA visa will expire in August 2016. I am qualified for drop box. I am thinking of submitting the following documents for renewal. Pls kindly advise if I am good to go.
1. International passport
2. Completed DS 160 form
3. 6 months bank statement
4. Letter of invitation for a conference in November 2016
5. Letter of introduction from employer
6. Two passport photograph

Is there anything I am missing or what documents do I submit? I will appreciate responses from those that have done dropbox renewal lately. Thanks and God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TOSINSESI: 7:53am On Apr 26, 2016
overlord77:

Well, I got the yellow paper first time I applied and they give you that if they require further proof or documentation before a final decision can be made. The chances of getting the visa afterward is good.

what time do u suggest one reapply?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Demiyike: 8:11am On Apr 26, 2016
ekpotek:
Hi Lady G and the gurus,
My USA visa will expire in August 2016. I am qualified for drop box. I am thinking of submitting the following documents for renewal. Pls kindly advise if I am good to go.
2. Completed DS 160 form

Is there anything I am missing or what documents do I submit? I will appreciate responses from those ,that have done dropbox renewal lately. Thanks and God bless.

You only need international passport ,completed DS 160 form,2 passpoprt photograph and the receipt. Thats all dont add any other thing if not DHL will return it back to you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 26, 2016
overlord77:

on two occasions that I was refused I was given the white paper, so please don't aim for white paper aim for an approval instead grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2016
ekpotek:
Hi Lady G and the gurus,
2. Completed DS 160 form

Is there anything I am missing or what documents do I submit? I will appreciate responses from those that have done dropbox renewal lately. Thanks and God bless.
this question you are asking has been overflogged already secondly since you are qualified for dropbox a quick check on the website of the us embassy won't hurt, you were active on this thread at some point and I thought you knew this information, you can go ahead and submit all these documents you have stated above it will sure help your visa application very very very much infact.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 26, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Werrcome aunty!

Chloe u never return? Shoooo! cheesy
grin I've always been around
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkyshyne(f): 8:57am On Apr 26, 2016
Nicesoul:

Morning all,

Interview took place today in Abuja and the outcome was negative. See below the script

VO: Good morning

US: Morning

VO: Why are you going to US

ME: My bro live and work in Maryland and he has been away for 9 years. Since his left the country, i have been married and have a child. He has not met my family and i believe this is an opportunity for his family to meet mine. Also, my wife is going to have a baby in the US.

VO: What do you do?

ME: I work as IT/Technical Support for XYZ company

VO: Why has your bro not visited you in Nigeria.

ME: It's difficult for him to travel because he has two jobs and also in University.

VO: To my wife; what do you do ma?

MyWife: I'm a stylist with interest in beads making. I also sell human hair.

VO: What will you do when you get to US?

MyWife: I'm going to have a baby and family visit.

VO: Why US? Why not go to somewhere else where child birth is cheaper?

MyWife/ME: My wife didn't give a satisfactory response to i cut in: Me: We chose US because we want quality child care. Also, the last time our family doctor visited Nigeria, he assessed my wife and advised she visit US and have her baby.

VO: Why cant the doctor come to Nigeria and treat your wife?

ME: He comes to Nigeria once in every year. We visited him during his visit. Also, he's based in US and a senior doctor in his hospital.

VO: Types continuously and the decision came.

He didn't ask about travel history, how much i earn, job description & etc.

Next plan:
I was thinking of reapplying immediately. Can we reapply as a family again or my wife alone should just go considering her health position? Left to me alone, i don't think i want to reapply again anytime soon.

Your sincere advise will be highly appreciated.

Regards
your responses failed you. The fact you mentioned your brother has been there for 9 years and can't come because of 2 jobs and school failed you already. Vo prolly think you will end up like him. They need to be convinced you will be back and that you have strong ties to your country.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 26, 2016
nikkyshyne:
your responses failed you. The fact you mentioned your brother has been there for 9 years and can't come because of 2 jobs and school failed you already. Vo prolly think you will end up like him. They need to be convinced you will be back and that you have strong ties to your country.
did he say his brother is there illegally?? If he is busy and can't come to naija to visit is that a crime?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayokunle07(m): 10:17am On Apr 26, 2016
Hello guys

I have been keenly following this thread, read through many transcripts, and they've been very insightful. My wife and I have applied to visit the US in August for 3 weeks for our annual vacation. Appointment is next week.

Our destination is New Jersey (Newark) and this is because of its comparatively lower accommodation cost and proximity to New York. We will be hoping to do a lot of sightseeing in New York and perhaps see a little of Newark/New Jersey (as I see there aren't a lot of interesting attractions in New Jersey by itself).

Will I need to reflect my answer to why I am visiting, around New Jersey ONLY or I can state that I'll be seeing New York too? I have booked a hotel for 3 weeks in Newark but I'm considering the possibility of touring other states. Will I need to mention that too?

Our US point of contact is wife's cousin in Chicago whom we do not intend to visit (we just filled her name as our contact person) but she is a legit immigrant (visa lottery I think).

Also, in 2013, I submitted a DS-160 to visit my friend in Idaho but I never booked an appointment (he is a student and I was still single). Will that have any implications on this particular application?

Me and wifey are both bankers, earn a combined sum of about 600 monthly, newly got married in Dec 2015, with the honeymoon in Dubai. No travel history for me except Dubai and Ghana. Wifey has visited the UK twice in 2007 and 2010 as a small geh with her parents (doubt if that will count). Wifey is also into clothing business.

Are there any specific things I'd need to note? Any advice we can get from the good people here?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2016
chloe7:
this question you are asking has been overflogged already secondly since you are qualified for dropbox a quick check on the website of the us embassy won't hurt, you were active on this thread at some point and I thought you knew this information, you can go ahead and submit all these documents you have stated above it will sure help your visa application very very very much infact.

Thanks Chloe7. Yes I used to be active on the this thread, that was when I was able to share my experiences. It just that I have never done Dropbox before. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 11:30am On Apr 26, 2016
nikkyshyne:

Thank you for your contribution nikkyshyne. I'm not sure you know my brother's status in the US before you responded to my post. Please note that he didn't enter US with Tourist Visa, him and his wife left Nigeria 9 years ago as Immigrant and now a US citizen.

The VO has the right to think whatever he likes but the truth is no work in US can earn me what i'm making in Nigeria monthly without US education. I haven't been there but i have got couple of folks there (my blood brother inclusive). Visiting is just for temporary stay of Max of 2 weeks.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 11:31am On Apr 26, 2016
chloe7:
did he say his brother is there illegally?? If he is busy and can't come to naija to visit is that a crime?

Thank you jare my sis wink. Good question.

Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Timmi98: 11:53am On Apr 26, 2016
kratoz:

nope
Even if we chose the same time??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkyshyne(f): 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
chloe7:
I did not say so plsssss.. What I meant is that America prefer u come and go. Citing a situation where by a brother did the contrary might fail you. They wldnt care to listen on how he did.
@Nicesoul
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
nikkyshyne:
I did not say so plsssss.. What I meant is that America prefer u come and go. Citing a situation where by a brother did the contrary might fail you. They wldnt care to listen on how he did.
@Nicesoul

My brother is a Citizen. He has blue passport and not non-immigrant visa. Why will he go & come? Must he go & come? please tell me what i don't know.

@nikkyshyne.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkyshyne(f): 2:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nicesoul:

My brother is a Citizen. He has blue passport and not non-immigrant visa. Why will he go & come? Must he go & come? please tell me what i don't know.

@nikkyshyne.
*sighs* never mind. No vex biko. *sighs*
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
nikkyshyne:
@Nicesoul
my point is if he is a resident and has papers there in America, there is no requirement that states that he must visit Nigeria regularly please stop misleading people!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nicesoul:

@nikkyshyne.
egbami o undecided

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
chloe7:
egbami o undecided
Lol! He must o! By force!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkyshyne(f): 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
chloe7:
my point is if he is a resident and has papers there in America, there is no requirement that states that he must visit Nigeria regularly please stop misleading people!
Madam.. My point is, a visiting visa isn't meant for you to relocate to the United state. His brother have been in America for 9years. The vo prolly assumed he came in with a visiting visa and perhaps he changed his status. Nicesoul is applying for a visiting visa which isn't expected he stays that long...

And who is misleading whom? Where in my post did I say a resident holder must travel in and out??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
nikkyshyne:
Madam.. My point is, a visiting visa isn't meant for you to relocate to the United state. His brother have been in America for 9years. The vo prolly assumed he came in with a visiting visa and perhaps he changed his status. Nicesoul is applying for a visiting visa which isn't expected he stays that long...

And who is misleading whom? Where in my post did I say a resident holder must travel in and out??
your prior comments indicate that, if he relocated on a visit visa the V.O will know he did that lipsrsealed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
nikkyshyne:
Do people with relatives in the US get visas? Yes
Do they count against him vis a vis home ties? No
Just had to chip in . Let's always ask questions to get further details so we don't inadvertently mislead people. If his brother got an F visa or went by visa lottery and is working 20 jobs is that bad?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
chloe7:
on two occasions that I was refused I was given the white paper, so please don't aim for white paper aim for an approval instead grin

Lol, my bad. I take that back
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wunmi38: 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
it was success story at the interview for my family we went for 7am and went dis way
Vo(male)- good morning
Me - morning
vo-why r u going to the us
me-annual vacation
vo- to where
me-San Diego
vo-to visit who
me- a friend
vo-when last did u see him
Me- Dec 2014 during my fathers burial
Vo- where do you work
Me- ayx
Vo- As wht
Me- xyz and dis and dat
Vo - to my wife what do u do
My wife - house wife and also has a shop in front of the house
Vo - ao many children
Wife- one
Vo - Ao old
Wife - 2
Vo- have I travelled out b4
Me - yes
Vo- where
Me - UK
Vo- both of u and wen last
Me- yes and my was ten 2015 still have valid visa till 2016 she went went with son in 2014 August till December
Vo - you have bothe travelled to UK twice
Me - yes
Vo- pick up ur visa at DHL apapa
We thank you guys and pray we are all successful in the interview.
I want to point something I feel decision are taken b4 we get to the embassy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
@wunmi congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
@ nice soul,
Pls don't reapply immediately. How many months gone is your wife? Let her/you go thru the giving birth thread and let your visit be strictly medical (B2).

She needs to get a doctors correspondence, hospital, draw up a budget sheet etc.

I will advise wifey applies alone for now. When she's gone, then you can apply to be with her at childbirth.

Best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 11:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
shrekandfiona:
@ nice soul,
Pls don't reapply immediately. How many months gone is your wife? Let her/you go thru the giving birth thread and let your visit be strictly medical (B2).
She needs to get a doctors correspondence, hospital, draw up a budget sheet etc.
I will advise wifey applies alone for now. When she's gone, then you can apply to be with her at childbirth.
Best.

Thank you for your contribution.

Her EDD is last week in August/early September. We have doctors correspondence and hospital. Budget? I'm only told the cost of delivery for now. Will next month be a bad timing?

Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 12:02am On Apr 27, 2016
For those that had previously asked about applying for children when parents have visas already, can't remember your monikers but this is my experience:

I applied for visa for my 2 older kids as hubby, I & my last kid have visas/citizenship for the last.

I set up a different profile for them as I couldn't add them to my profile on cgi website. Used my 2nd email address for that.

Interview was today and they were granted. Transcript as follows

Vo: gm
Me: gm

Vo: passports pls
Me: passed him 2 passports, he asked for the others I said it's just the 2 of them applying.

Vo: i need your own passport mam
Me: gives him

Vo: starts typing, says I love honest people, I can see you declared your pregnancy at your interview, most don't. So where are you guys off to
Me: disney world orlando florida

Vo:asked my kids their ages
Kids: am 7, am 5 showed hi-5

Vo: okay enjoy your trip.

No questions asked, no receipts nor statement asked . didn't take any sef.

I thank God for all smiley

Now, this is to the lady that said the VO denied her 11 months old daughter when both parents have visas. Am sorry I don't know your story but your infant was denied cos of you. Check your story.

They don't interview kids from my experience. Their decision to grant or not is dependent on the parents story.

I may not comment here again but I wish all visa hopefuls success and pls honesty pays. Peace kiss

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 12:07am On Apr 27, 2016
Nicesoul:

Thank you for your contribution.

Her EDD is last week in August/early September. We have doctors correspondence and hospital. Budget? I'm only told the cost of delivery for now. Will next month be a bad timing?

Regards
Please let her take her time and read thru that thread before applying. Info there is priceless. From transcripts to burden of proof to POE experiences....

I applied when I was 30 weeks gone. Travelled at 36 weeks. She still has some time. However, if you feel she's fully prepared next month, it's fine

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.