Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536789 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 12:23am On Apr 27, 2016
shrekandfiona:

Please let her take her time and read thru that thread before applying. Info there is priceless. From transcripts to burden of proof to POE experiences....
I applied when I was 30 weeks gone. Travelled at 36 weeks. She still has some time. However, if you feel she's fully prepared next month, it's fine

Thank you. We are both reading the thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:46am On Apr 27, 2016
Nicesoul:

Thank you. We are both reading the thread.
GOod. While there, hopelly ul discover what a budget sheet and burden of proof is
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayokunle07(m): 7:03am On Apr 27, 2016
Please ooooo, helpppppppp

Ayokunle07:
Hello guys
I have been keenly following this thread, read through many transcripts, and they've been very insightful. My wife and I have applied to visit the US in August for 3 weeks for our annual vacation. Appointment is next week.
Our destination is New Jersey (Newark) and this is because of its comparatively lower accommodation cost and proximity to New York. We will be hoping to do a lot of sightseeing in New York and perhaps see a little of Newark/New Jersey (as I see there aren't a lot of interesting attractions in New Jersey by itself).
Will I need to reflect my answer to why I am visiting, around New Jersey ONLY or I can state that I'll be seeing New York too? I have booked a hotel for 3 weeks in Newark but I'm considering the possibility of touring other states. Will I need to mention that too?
Our US point of contact is wife's cousin in Chicago whom we do not intend to visit (we just filled her name as our contact person) but she is a legit immigrant (visa lottery I think).
Also, in 2013, I submitted a DS-160 to visit my friend in Idaho but I never booked an appointment (he is a student and I was still single). Will that have any implications on this particular application?
Me and wifey are both bankers, earn a combined sum of about 600 monthly, newly got married in Dec 2015, with the honeymoon in Dubai. No travel history for me except Dubai and Ghana. Wifey has visited the UK twice in 2007 and 2010 as a small geh with her parents (doubt if that will count). Wifey is also into clothing business.
Are there any specific things I'd need to note? Any advice we can get from the good people here?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 27, 2016
Nicesoul to make it a little easier type phema into the search box go through her posts she also applied for visa when she was pregnant and came with with our burden of proof English, she did the budget sheet and put the pictures up, so just edit to suit your occasion abi purpose

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:06am On Apr 27, 2016
Ayokunle07:
Please ooooo, helpppppppp

The only advice is for you to read the thread and pick up the tips already given. You will not be asked any other questions different from the usual or what you were asked before.
Ps: why did you put a contact person when she is not your contact person?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:21am On Apr 27, 2016
nikkyshyne:
Madam.. My point is, a visiting visa isn't meant for you to relocate to the United state. His brother have been in America for 9years. The vo prolly assumed he came in with a visiting visa and perhaps he changed his status. Nicesoul is applying for a visiting visa which isn't expected he stays that long...

And who is misleading whom? Where in my post did I say a resident holder must travel in and out??
VO assumed that ke? Oga, was almost getting to do a man to man talk with you, just noticed you are a 'madam'.... Your views as expressed are misleading. VOs won't assume such, they will most definitely know, just to quickly correct you. Thought you were only questioning the inviter's comfort, which of course I also have ought against. Was wondering at what point the poster said or insinuated that the US contact came in on a visa that shouldn't be overstayed leading to the body of knowledge so formed by you? Easy Sis, easy, lots of people come here to read and learn oh

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:32am On Apr 27, 2016
"abujaniv:

Hello slightlyMad,

The first question usually asked is something along the lines of "tell me why you are traveling to the U.S." That is the applicant's first chance to tell the officer why they are traveling and to explain their plans. We do not typically look at documents such as bank statements, wedding invitation or general invitations. Many applicants give one-word answers and don't use the opportunity to explain where they are going and why they are planning that specific trip. Applicants can ask questions during the interview - not afterwards about why they were issued or refused - to help explain their ties and their intent.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team"
LadyGuinivere:
So just to have gist this weekend. Based on this post by the VO on their thread with emphasis on the bolded...

Maybe we should adopt a new style in answering questions for example
Q: why are your going to the US?
A: for vacation. I have been working for 3 years now and saving up and I feel I deserve a trip to wind down. Moreover, I have always wanted to see the empire state building since I watched kingkong so this is my opportunity to fulfill that long time dream
Or
A: Family visit. My brother lives in connecticut and since he travelled in 1988, we have not seen. This would be a great opportunity for my family to meet his wife Shanikwa and 3 kids Ada, Obi and Oko. We always speak on the phone but the chance to see them face to face will be a pleasure on both ends.

In this kind of situation, you have created avenues to lead the vo to ask you the questions you want. I believe you will also show boldness. This was the strategy I adopted for my interview in ninteen kpirigidim.
When asked why I waasnt travelling with oga, I said cos he's busy and we just came back from uk. I felt the lack of travel history was the reason I was refused the last time so I led the interview path there. And sure enough, the next question was, ' oh , you have travelled before?'
Lead the interviewer to your strenghts.
#namyopinion
LadyG, this is one sweet thing (since jollof rice) I have come across on NL, with that particular "ability to ask questions DURING interviews" addition to it also by the VO. Wow! I remember I did make a post with that semblance previously on this thread too....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:39am On Apr 27, 2016
OmoBendel24:

IMO, these questions are asked during interview to elicit and gauge your firm grasp of reasons for your travel. I still believe that this is the best time to make your first impression, a well crafted itinerary in your mind becomes very handy to pull out here via the agency of your mouth. I will answer these three questions simultaneously in a coherent whole format if asked one. "I'm going to so and so place for this and this.... For so and so purpose.... From so and so date to that and that date". Just an opportunity to prove you know when, how, what and why amongst other variables you are going to the States methinks. The other follow-up questions will come hereafter, just make do with these first questions to lay some solid foundation for starters
Yeah, there you have it. #NowConfirmed

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:48am On Apr 27, 2016
Seyewest, BenIyoha01 & Chloe07, greetings oh. Been some time! Hopefully, you guys are all doing great, regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayokunle07(m): 10:33am On Apr 27, 2016
Thank you LadyG,

The form says we can put the name of anyone we know/that can identify us in the US, and since I will be disclosing that we know her (being my wife's cousin), we used her name. I was made to understand it doesn't have to be the person whom we are visiting.

Will the fact that I didn't follow a previous application up with an appointment have any effect on my current application?

LadyGuinivere:

The only advice is for you to read the thread and pick up the tips already given. You will not be asked any other questions different from the usual or what you were asked before.
Ps: why did you put a contact person when she is not your contact person?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ayokunle07:
Thank you LadyG,

The form says we can put the name of anyone we know/that can identify us in the US, and since I will be disclosing that we know her (being my wife's cousin), we used her name. I was made to understand it doesn't have to be the person whom we are visiting.

Will the fact that I didn't follow a previous application up with an appointment have any effect on my current application?

The fact that u didn't follow up on an application alone will not be an issue. However, if there are material differences in the form, there could be a possibility of an issue. Your details are already on the system. Any vo interviewing can access your former ds 160. So if there are inconsistencies, it is only natural that a reasonable man would have a degree of bias about your honesty
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
OmoBendel24:

VO assumed that ke? Oga, was almost getting to do a man to man talk with you, just noticed you are a 'madam'.... Your views as expressed are misleading. VOs won't assume such, they will most definitely know, just to quickly correct you. Thought you were only questioning the inviter's comfort, which of course I also have ought against. Was wondering at what point the poster said or insinuated that the US contact came in on a visa that shouldn't be overstayed leading to the body of knowledge so formed by you? Easy Sis, easy, lots of people come here to read and learn oh
Thank you for this I thought it was only me reasoning this way, I kept on correcting her and she changed the whole thing in a bid of not wanting to accept what she said was misleading and wrong, I was even driving in traffic so I couldn't continue the argument with her angry

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayokunle07(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
Thank you LadyMummyG smiley

LadyGuinivere:

The fact that u didn't follow up on an application alone will not be an issue. However, if there are material differences in the form, there could be a possibility of an issue. Your details are already on the system. Any vo interviewing can access your former ds 160. So if there are inconsistencies, it is only natural that a reasonable man would have a degree of bias about your honesty
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayokunle07(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
This is a public service announcement. To whom it may concern.
Etihad is currently flying to JFK, New York (from Lagos) at about 180k. Tested dates in May as well as November 2016. And yeah, the downside is that you get to spend a night (7 hrs) at the Abu Dhabi airport on both legs of the trip. I found the fares on flyboku.com just in case you're interested.

P.S. I am not a sales agent/marketer; just contributing some value to this beautiful thread. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by collinsfbi(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
(In November 2015, I applied with my wife and our 10months old baby as family for xmas vacation in New York but we were denied for no reason, so I decided to re-apply again and we went for interview at V.I Lagos on 20th April 2016 and below is the comprehensive interview questions and answers without adding or removing a single word from it.)
Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning (sfrom the first experience, I was a bit tense and shivering)
VO: All your passports (I handed it over, she glanced through my passport, my wife’s passport and my baby’s pp)
VO: (she turn to my wife) ma place your four fingers on the scanner.
VO: (After she turn to me) please place your four fingers on the scanner
VO: why are you going to the US
Me: we are going for family vacation
VO: where are you going in the US (she was typing)
Me: Tyler in Texas
VO: Do you know anybody in the US
Me: Yes
VO: How related are you? (she paused and look at me)
Me: He is a friend and in-law (she did not even ask his name, where he works or where he stays but I have already fill in his information in DS -160 but the person in question happen to be my in-law, he got married to my cousin and both are living in Tyler, Texas with their baby)
VO: What do you do?
Me: I am a video director and movie producer. I direct music videos, short movies and documentaries
VO: What type of documentaries?
Me: It’s about culture
VO: Have you travelled out of your country before?
VO: Where?
VO: I have been to South Africa, United Arab Emirate and United Kingdom
VO: In any of these countries did you shoot anything video there?
VO: Where?
Me: South Africa
VO: What kind of video did you shoot?
Me: Short Movie
VO: What is the title?
Me: “The Memoir”
VO: (she turned to my wife) Ma, have you travelled with your husband before?
My wife: Yes
VO: To which country
My wife: South Africa
VO: What do you do?
My wife: i am a Professional Make-Up Artist
VO: (She turned back to me) When you went to the UK, did you shoot any video?
Me: No
VO: What is your purpose of visit to the UK
Me: Holiday
VO: (she continues typing and after a while she brought a white paper and said) your visa has been approved, go the address in 3 days and pick up your passport.

Note: The only difference from my pass interview and this one is when they asked me what i do. From the interview in November, I said " I owned Lakeside Production where i worked as director, producer and cinematographer and VO never bother to ask me any questions related to my work and she just give me a denial letter." So i think they wanna know more about your job responsibilities and not the company you work with. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
^^^^^^ congratulations grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shemshem: 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
shrekandfiona:
For those that had previously asked about applying for children when parents have visas already, can't remember your monikers but this is my experience:

I applied for visa for my 2 older kids as hubby, I & my last kid have visas/citizenship for the last.

I set up a different profile for them as I couldn't add them to my profile on cgi website. Used my 2nd email address for that.

Interview was today and they were granted. Transcript as follows

Vo: gm
Me: gm

Vo: passports pls
Me: passed him 2 passports, he asked for the others I said it's just the 2 of them applying.

Vo: i need your own passport mam
Me: gives him

Vo: starts typing, says I love honest people, I can see you declared your pregnancy at your interview, most don't. So where are you guys off to
Me: disney world orlando florida

Vo:asked my kids their ages
Kids: am 7, am 5 showed hi-5

Vo: okay enjoy your trip.

No questions asked, no receipts nor statement asked . didn't take any sef.

I thank God for all smiley

Now, this is to the lady that said the VO denied her 11 months old daughter when both parents have visas. Am sorry I don't know your story but your infant was denied cos of you. Check your story.

They don't interview kids from my experience. Their decision to grant or not is dependent on the parents story.

I may not comment here again but I wish all visa hopefuls success and pls honesty pays. Peace kiss
Congrats. I don't know what you mean by checking my story. I was granted a 2 years visiting visa based on honesty. I didn't even give birth in the USA despite the fact that I was few months pregnant. I applied to go for vacation then and I was given. So the issue of my story and honesty doesn't apply here.
The V.O just asked why we were traveling to the USA. I think my mistake was that I only gave a one word answer and didn't explain well for the VO to actually know that I have ties and don't plan staying over. Just like lady G said earlier which was a wonderful post, that the first question usually bn why are you travelling to the USA should be well expantiated to convince the VO.
Thanks all for your contribution. You are a wonderful family.
I have reapplied and interview is 3rd of May. Pray along with me and pls I don't mind ur advises ooo. It helps alot.
Chao
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Azzyllaid: 5:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hello everyone, am new in this group. Am married with a son and we received invitation fro our church branch in USA for Anniversary and church conference this August but we are yet to apply. I want to know when to apply for the visa and documents we need to prepare before the interview, also, i will like to know likely questions for this type of visa. Thanks all, waiting for your reply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
Azzyllaid:
Hello everyone, am new in this group. Am married with a son and we received invitation fro our church branch in USA for Anniversary and church conference this August but we are yet to apply. I want to know when to apply for the visa and documents we need to prepare before the interview, also, i will like to know likely questions for this type of visa. Thanks all, waiting for your reply
Please follow the directions on the on the CGI website - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.asp. You will need to complete the DS 160 and pay your fees, but no additional supporting documents are necessary.
Apply as sOon as possible.
Go throughread and read the poisted transcripts. Those are the likely questions
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
Azzyllaid:

First work on very strong proof that you will return home.
Then work on healthy funds and bank balance and statements.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OGreene: 7:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
let me go and the prev pages grin

worry359:

First work on very strong proof that you will return home.
Then work on healthy funds and bank balance and statements.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Intrepid01(m): 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hello LadyG, please I am currently filling my DS-160 form online, I have gotten to the stage where it is asking if I have made specific travel plans. Meanwhile I have not made any travel plan. Could there be any implication if I say No? Please guide me, thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
Intrepid01:
Hello LadyG, please I am currently filling my DS-160 form online, I have gotten to the stage where it is asking if I have made specific travel plans. Meanwhile I have not made any travel plan. Could there be any implication if I say No? Please guide me, thanks.

No implication.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Intrepid01(m): 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
kennycanny:

No implication.

Thank you Boss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
kennycanny:

No implication.
Yup. No implication. But at least u sabi where u de go sha? For interview @poster

I just remembeed the tuface song implication grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
shemshem:

Congrats. I don't know what you mean by checking my story. I was granted a 2 years visiting visa based on honesty. I didn't even give birth in the USA despite the fact that I was few months pregnant. I applied to go for vacation then and I was given. So the issue of my story and honesty doesn't apply here.
The V.O just asked why we were traveling to the USA. I think my mistake was that I only gave a one word answer and didn't explain well for the VO to actually know that I have ties and don't plan staying over. Just like lady G said earlier which was a wonderful post, that the first question usually bn why are you travelling to the USA should be well expantiated to convince the VO.
Thanks all for your contribution. You are a wonderful family.
I have reapplied and interview is 3rd of May. Pray along with me and pls I don't mind ur advises ooo. It helps alot.
Chao
My apologies if my post implied you were dishonest. Never meant that just wanted to point out that kids are either granted or not based on their parents records.

Your lil one will get the visa this time around by God's Grace.

Best smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yemi352(m): 6:54am On Apr 28, 2016
abeg abeg mak una no live me behinde abeg hw much be usa visa for visiting
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nextedge: 8:12am On Apr 28, 2016
You are pushed forward in Jesus name.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:32am On Apr 28, 2016
Yemi352:
abeg abeg mak una no live me behinde abeg hw much be usa visa for visiting

Are you so lazy you won't do a simple research? Go to GTBank with your passport.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Akkord4gov: 11:06am On Apr 28, 2016
Pls guys,we are scheduled for interview on may 3rd. We are 3 being invited by our brother.
Are we going to be interviewed together?
What are d likely questions and answers to be given?
Our chances?
Advices
Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nicesoul(m): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2016
chloe7:
Nicesoul to make it a little easier type phema into the search box go through her posts she also applied for visa when she was pregnant and came with with our burden of proof English, she did the budget sheet and put the pictures up, so just edit to suit your occasion abi purpose

Thank you sis. Saw the document and it will really help.

Our purpose of visit now is strictly on childbirth, when VO ask why are we going to US, do i answer or just allow my wife answer the Q? I'm sure she will be equipped and ready after going through all pages of childbirth on NL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.