Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533894 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:27pm On May 21, 2016
nefertitiram:

Or dubai
I wish I have folks dashing me 1.5m cry
I promise I will invest it in Naija grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:31pm On May 21, 2016
Elizabeth40:

Thinking of following that route. But I hope I ll not be turned back, because I stated that I ll be going to Maryland for family function in June. And the function has even be postponed to September.

Will it be a big deal to enter through Newyork?
Elizabeth you can enter through New York but buy your New York to Maryland ticket before flying into New York...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 8:54pm On May 21, 2016
nefertitiram:

Or dubai
UAE generally is cool. I've sent you a PM, plz reply, if you don't mind. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purpleblood: 8:57pm On May 21, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I wish I have folks dashing me 1.5m cry
I promise I will invest it in Naija grin

Plz enlighten me.. grin it's not late!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2016
purpleblood:

You got it wrong. I was blank before I got here. But now, am better informed. I don't know what SA has got to do with my request. I know I didn't have to explain my plans in details as I did, but i needed explicit explanation and it paid off. All posts on this regards had been heplful. Anyway I will let you guys know how it goes finally.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:09pm On May 21, 2016
Elizabeth40:

Thinking of following that route. But I hope I ll not be turned back, because I stated that I ll be going to Maryland for family function in June. And the function has even be postponed to September.

Will it be a big deal to enter through Newyork?

Not a problem. Hold ur connecting flight tkt. Buy from Expedia using your debit card
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by itstpia8: 11:40pm On May 21, 2016
^ did you check expedia first?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cap4soul: 11:41pm On May 21, 2016
Dear VO,
Please I need your advice...I am planning on applying for a visiting visa to the USA. I presently work and my sister is having her birthday coming up July and she already sent me an invitation letter together with her passport page. Please VO, what other things does she need to send to me? And also what do I need to prove to the consular at the interview point so that I can be given the visa. My sister states in the invitation letter that she will be responsible for my stay in the state and I Don't know which other documents I need to put together to be able to convince the consular. I work in a financial institution.

I am also planning to use Abuja not Lagos for the interview date. Please kindly guide me. I am presently not married which many people have been denied on this and because of my age although am getting married this year. So am thinking of I should put MARRIED in the form and also include my wife name.

Thanks as I await your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by itstpia8: 11:45pm On May 21, 2016
I Don't know which other documents I need to put together to be able to convince the consular

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cookiejar99(f): 3:39am On May 22, 2016
Hello house,i already filled my visa form and i have an appointment date already,but i filled my original salary were i earn just 120000 but i have other things i do by the side and my monthly take home is about 250k...do you think i should refill and chnge my salary or stick to the original 120k??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by influential01: 5:21am On May 22, 2016
Thanks to all nairalands for their advice and experiences share on here. May God grant you all your heart desires and may God bless the founder of this site abundantly.

Here i am, i witness alot of experience here in AMERICA, This is my fourth state in am staying in america. this is best state to rebuild your life and career. INDIANA.

CHEAP HOUSES AND LOW BILL AND YOU GONER EARN GO ONE WAREHOUSE JOB ,THAT YOU AFFORD TO TRAVEL TO AFRICA AS YOU WISH WITHOUT WITHOUT DEPENDING ON YOUR TAX RETURN OR DOING FRAUD.

INDIANA STATES MAKE LIFE EASY FOR RESIDENTS, EVEN CITIZEN FROM ANOTHER STATE RELOCATE TO INDIANA.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Elizabeth40: 5:57am On May 22, 2016
nefertitiram:

Not a problem. Hold ur connecting flight tkt. Buy from Expedia using your debit card

Thanks so much. The rumors that they usually send people back if you are entering from a different poe was what was scaring me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Elizabeth40: 5:59am On May 22, 2016
nefertitiram:

Thanks so much!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:59am On May 22, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

You will alwats be asked different questions at poe. If you do not have a satisfactory answer u will be turned back. So if you are cutting cost, u explain your reason shikena.
Lagoes to Ny- u can get for between 160-200k
NY to MD/VA axis u can get a greayhound between 20-45 dollas plus/minus tax depending on how early u book. The only challenge is if you are a first time traveller and never learn how to find your way around via train in NY, e go hard u

thanks for your response so far? what do you mean by greyhound? like a new coy? or is it train? how can one book for train from ny to md in nigeria?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:08am On May 22, 2016
@all, please dont laugh at this question.
does the vo speak audible and slow enough? or do they talk fast?

ive once failed an interview in png about 9 years ago because i could not hear the questions from the white guy in the interview panel. he just talked too fast
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cap4soul: 7:37am On May 22, 2016
Dear LadyG
Please I need your advice...I am planning on applying for a visiting visa to the USA. I presently work and my sister is having her birthday coming up July and she already sent me an invitation letter together with her passport page. Please VO, what other things does she need to send to me? And also what do I need to prove to the consular at the interview point so that I can be given the visa. My sister states in the invitation letter that she will be responsible for my stay in the state and I Don't know which other documents I need to put together to be able to convince the consular. I work in a financial institution.

I am also planning to use Abuja not Lagos for the interview date. Please kindly guide me. I am presently not married which many people have been denied on this and because of my age although am getting married this year. So am thinking of I should put MARRIED in the form and also include my wife name.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sexaddict08(m): 9:07am On May 22, 2016
please how do I locate , US Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic drive, Abuja ? I'm coming from East part of Nigeria. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2016
mercylicious:

thanks for your response so far? what do you mean by greyhound? like a new coy? or is it train? how can one book for train from ny to md in nigeria?
GreyHound is like our God is good or ABC/Chisco
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:40pm On May 22, 2016
sexaddict08:
please how do I locate , US Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic drive, Abuja ? I'm coming from East part of Nigeria. thanks
Take a taxi to the Ship house...Ministry of Defence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:41pm On May 22, 2016
cap4soul:
Dear VO,

Bros remember you won't get that visa if you keep lying.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:40pm On May 22, 2016
cap4soul:
Dear VO,

What does your sister need to send to you? Nothing. The voo does not care about how well your sister is doing, rather how well youare doing in Nigeria.
What do u need to put to get a visa? Nothing. The vo wil evaluate your ties based on your personal circumstances. Tour ds 160 speaks for you.
Will u be married as at the time you fulll your form or at the date of interview? If the answer is no then you will be materially misrepresenting and that's an offence. Technically speaking it should be your status as at the day you sign and submit the form. If you are engaged, that is not a marital legal status but u can tell the vo that you are engaged if you are asked verbally
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:47pm On May 22, 2016
mercylicious:
@all, please dont laugh at this question.
does the vo speak audible and slow enough? or do they talk fast?

ive once failed an interview in png about 9 years ago because i could not hear the questions from the white guy in the interview panel. he just talked too fast
Thats a very valid question. Ask the vo to please speak a bit slower that you can't undrstand him. Or ask him to repeat any question u don't get. No do small small meskayarn there o! grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:53pm On May 22, 2016
mercylicious:

Its a bus. A lovelier version of God is good o. Free wifi and charging point. Plenty leg room. The bus is rarely full. From ny you l stop at delaware before to buy fast food. (Like ore cheesy)
Use google and check for them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sexaddict08(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2016
seyewest:
Take a taxi to the Ship house...Ministry of Defence.

thanks...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hilda2016(f): 10:39am On May 23, 2016
Pls anyone with this issue or how to solve it. Kindly englighten me .
I was at the Lagos Embassy today for my interview but was not allowed in.
I was told my ds-160 code does match with barcode of the appointment letter and was given the below form..
Pls,what do I do now to schedule a new appointment without paying again.

pls am anxiously waiting for reply

thanks.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:49am On May 23, 2016
Hilda2016:
Pls anyone with this issue or how to solve it. Kindly englighten me .
I was at the Lagos Embassy today for my interview but was not allowed in.
I was told my ds-160 code does match with barcode of the appointment letter and was given the below form..
Pls,what do I do now to schedule a new appointment without paying again.

pls am anxiously waiting for reply

thanks.
Chai madam! Read the paper u posted na. The solution is wrritten there. Fill a new ds 160, print confirmation, wait for 2 days and reschedule appointment NOT a fresh booking.
Mbok read that paper
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hilda2016(f): 11:03am On May 23, 2016
Thanks.
I know thats what am suppose to do but, I was thinking if there is any other thing I need to know.

cheers!!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:24pm On May 23, 2016
Hilda2016:
Thanks.
I know thats what am suppose to do but, I was thinking if there is any other thing I need to know.

cheers!!!!
That's the only route and remember to change your DS160 number this time around.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by eziafakise: 12:34pm On May 23, 2016
please kindly advise...
I applied for a B1/B2 visa last year November 2015 to go shop for my wedding, unfortunately for me i was refused a visa, and months later the supposed wedding was called off ,now i intend applying again but this time want to go with my friends this summer who already have valid USA visas. please my question is this is it too early to reapply and my reason for visit has been changed and i don't intend to lie to the interviewer for any reason. thanks await your response. Also i stutter , should i also indicate or tell the interviewer that i stutter a little ? please advise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:52pm On May 23, 2016
@eziafakise The official wait time is 3 months and I believe you've exceeded that and you're free to apply anytime. You traveling with your friend will not help or affect your application but all the same it won't be a bad idea including your friend in your application.
It's a good idea to let them know before the interview that you stutter... I believe that will put that into consideration. Good luck in your next application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 12:58pm On May 23, 2016
eziafakise:
please kindly advise...
I applied for a B1/B2 visa last year November 2015 to go shop for my wedding, unfortunately for me i was refused a visa, and months later the supposed wedding was called off ,now i intend applying again but this time want to go with my friends this summer who already have valid USA visas. please my question is this is it too early to reapply and my reason for visit has been changed and i don't intend to lie to the interviewer for any reason. thanks await your response. Also i stutter , should i also indicate or tell the interviewer that i stutter a little ? please advise

Your past application will not affect you if everything was honest.
Tell them that your engagement fell through, it happens all the time and they understand.
You must work on very strong ties to prove that you will return home after your trip.
Then have good finance records and balance to show that you can afford the trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:29pm On May 23, 2016
eziafakise:
please kindly advise...
The issue is not how long you have waited . BUT the change that has happened since your last application in terms of your home ties. Think about it...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.