Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534542 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
davton69:
@ladyG please help.. i made a silly mistake.. i just got the DS-160 code and went ahead to schedule an appointment without filling the form itself.. this is my first time .. now pls how do i correct this silly mistake of mine.... PLEASE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP SHOULD HELP ME PLS... THANKS..
Question : Why did you not follow the clear rules stated ? Why are you in a hurry?
Fact: unless you make a mistake on the present ds 160 or the submitted ds 160 does not match the appointment, you can still proceed. However, verify that both match.

@future applicants. Please follow the processes as laid out. The ist step to a successful application is getting the form process right. I don't get the shortcuts.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ashanalova69(m): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
barnaby04:
Just 48K pere!

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
tofunmi222:
hello everyone. new on this trend.
i have been to the usa twice, first with hubby, next visit alone cos of tight husband schedule. now i wanna take my kids for the next vacation but without hubby cos he is always busy and wouldnt be available to travel with us. want to apply for visa for my kids for a 2 weeks vacation sometime next year. need your advise pls. Are my good to go. i am scared cos i read the post of a lady whose baby was denied visa. will give it a trial though but i need your advise and suggestions. children are 8yrs, 6yrs and 2 years and all girs. work in a reputable organisation and very well placed. will be having my dropbox bfore applying for the kids.
await your responses pls

You have a very good chance of your children getting granted.
Just be prepared to explain confidently why and places you want to take the children to visit and Why your husband will not be traveling with the family. once you can explain that convincingly you are as good as been granted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Petaocky: 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
Thanks so much for that information. Does anybody have a clue of what the VO always type on the Computer.
Secondly, what do you advice as the best dress style for a family going for interview. Is it advice for the whole family to put on the same dress for the interview?
Thirdly, is it true that it will no longer be possible to schedule appointment in August
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
tofunmi222:
hello everyone. new on this trend.
i have been to the usa twice, first with hubby, next visit alone cos of tight husband schedule. now i wanna take my kids for the next vacation but without hubby cos he is always busy and wouldnt be available to travel with us. want to apply for visa for my kids for a 2 weeks vacation sometime next year. need your advise pls. Are my good to go. i am scared cos i read the post of a lady whose baby was denied visa. will give it a trial though but i need your advise and suggestions. children are 8yrs, 6yrs and 2 years and all girs. work in a reputable organisation and very well placed. will be having my dropbox bfore applying for the kids.
await your responses pls
What you needed is letter of consent from husband,his international passport data page,a copy of his U.S visa and make his phone available throughout your flight to the U.S. At POE they may want to know if your husband is aware and also if you will return.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
Petaocky:

Secondly, what do you advice as the best dress style for a family going for interview. Is it advice for the whole family to put on the same dress for the interview?

Im sorry but this is just funny grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
sugah:
Petaocky:

it is Anco...abi na shanco grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
seyewest:
it is Anco...abi na shanco grin grin grin
Visa aso ebi grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
Petaocky:
Thanks so much for that information. Does anybody have a clue of what the VO always type on the Computer.
Thirdly, is it true that it will no longer be possible to schedule appointment in August

1. Notes of your interview

2. Quite surprising and funny but no big deal if that brings you all the confidence and comfort to do excellently well on D-day, odd though. Having difficulty piecing this together sha

3. How in the world is that possible about this period, what necessitates such? Awkward!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
sugah:

Visa aso ebi grin grin grin
lolzzzzzzzz @LagosNIV It means couple or families wearing the same patterned dresses
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:54am On Jul 02, 2016
gullity:

Thanks dearie, @LadyGuinivere for not too over-assuring me that it's going to be without hitch. This is the kind of response I look forward to.

Aside that, what other assumptions you think can come from the VO?

Cheers.

Why hasn't dad filed for immigrant visa for you since?

It's going to be very dicy, not a prophet of doom, but it's most likely you will get there and integrate with your existing family, dad will file for you while you are there, and u may end up abusing the NIV visa.

No harm in trying but these your ties with your step siblings will favour you more for immigrant visa. So why dont you quickly get to it? Are you married? I think it's easier if you are unmarried
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:01am On Jul 02, 2016
Petaocky:

Me sef I want to know.

Deep inside me, I think the VO is updating facebook profile or chatting with his colleagues! grin As per forming activity.

Abeg oga VO na play I de o!

But when I went for germany interview the VO was typing out my verbal answers. She was even stopping me at intervals so that she won't make mistakes when typing. She said what she is typing will assist the person approving the visa to make a decision.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:07am On Jul 02, 2016
The vo types records the interview as verbatim as possible (as we see cbps refer to this at poe)
I believe they also make notes of their opinions (based on a Transcript where a subsequent vo stated that desperate was penned to an applicant's Profile. )
@peta please we're warreva you guys re comfortable in. If you guys are comfy in 'andco' you wear na. Though I find it cheesy and as if you are trying a bit too much (my personal take)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 5:56am On Jul 02, 2016
sugah:

My dear, hilarious! Maybe they should use Ankara and make matching uniforms. Lol grin

Back to her question. Just dress and look smart, doesn't really matter.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Abbey1987: 10:45am On Jul 02, 2016
overlord77:

My dear, hilarious! Maybe they should use Ankara and make matching uniforms. Lol grin

Back to her question. Just dress and look smart, doesn't matter really matter.

Please can anyone send me list of upcoming conferences? I will so much appreciate it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tofunmi222: 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
seyewest:
What you needed is letter of consent from husband,his international passport data page,a copy of his U.S visa and make his phone available throughout your flight to the U.S. At POE they may want to know if your husband is aware and also if you will return.
Thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tofunmi222: 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
kennycanny:

You have a very good chance of your children getting granted.
Just be prepared to explain confidently why and places you want to take the children to visit and Why your husband will not be traveling with the family. once you can explain that convincingly you are as good as been granted.
thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abbey1987:

Please can anyone send me list of upcoming conferences? I will so much appreciate it.

Any conference? Google can do a whole lot off good here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
The vo types records the interview as verbatim as possible (as we see cbps refer to this at poe)
I believe they also make notes of their opinions (based on a Transcript where a subsequent vo stated that desperate was penned to an applicant's Profile. )
@peta please we're warreva you guys re comfortable in. If you guys are comfy in 'andco' you wear na. Though I find it cheesy and as if you are trying a bit too much (my personal take)
I believe the computer screen is divided into 2... a space for data input and another space for summary of your DS160. There's a probability system that weigh the information you provide against the one in your ds160 form,also the V.O's opinion and a place where the V.O can counter the computer conclusion based on body language and new information provided by you. I have not seen the screen but I believe this is how it should be especially when the V.O have to defend every applicant denied and approved. I know @LagosNIV will disagree.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abbey1987:

Why should we do that for you? You should have a reason to travel to the U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by murphy29: 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
I have been a silent reader of this trend since last year

I went for my first us interview last january and I was denied I don't really know why but the last question I could remember is that "have you ever travelled out of the country?" Which the answer is no

Now I want to reapply yet without traveling experience pls room I need your cogent advice so that I wouldn't waste my visa fee again pls all response are welcome

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
murphy29:
I have been a silent reader of this trend since last year

I went for my first us interview last january and I was denied I don't really know why but the last question I could remember is that "have you ever travelled out of the country?" Which the answer is no

Now I want to reapply yet without traveling experience pls room I need your cogent advice so that I wouldn't waste my visa fee again pls all response are welcome

Thanks
Go add travel experience. Aside the travel history thing touched, what in your adjudication has changed since your last interview at the embassy? A proper transcript may help here cos sometimes one may zero in on travel experience as the cause of refusal, and engage in some quality travels however, and still be refused visa at the next interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
seyewest:
I believe the computer screen is divided into 2... a space for data input and another space for summary of your DS160. There's a probability system that weigh the information you provide against the one in your ds160 form,also the V.O's opinion and a place where the V.O can counter the computer conclusion based on body language and new information provided by you. I have not seen the screen but I believe this is how it should be especially when the V.O have to defend every applicant denied and approved. I know @LagosNIV will disagree.
Lolz! Your "Jack Bauerism" no be here oh. Since that aunty talk say Dem dey carry hand hover around between the approval and refusal paper while looking and waiting for the system to come up with God knows what, you still dey hold on to that Probability System assumption thing guy? You even don add "countering" join now, especially as she say Dem don refuse before but come shout "wait, wait" then come change mind grant the visa. That calculation long sha. The truth may just be something close to this oh! Adonbilivit though. Na US "government magic" be that, VOs Dem dey scatter am for we eyes the more sef.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TCann(m): 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Go add travel experience. Aside the travel history thing touched, what in your adjudication has changed since your last interview at the embassy? A proper transcript may help here cos sometimes one may zero in on travel experience as the cause of refusal, and engage in some quality travels however, and still be refused visa at the next interview.

Abeg, people should stop this funny trend of "you were denied because you have no travel history". For a fact, nobody gets denied a visa (especially UK or US) strictly or narrowly for not having travelled out before.

I read this thing on several fora and it makes me laugh...how people gets misguided to start chasing south African, Ghana or Dubai visas to "disvigin" their "pali" (ie passport) so as to stand a better chance when applying for UK or US.

I stand to be corrected, but from my practical information, good people, there is nothing as such...with your freshly minted passport acquired last week, painstakingly fulfilling 95% of visa conditions, without having travelled out of naija before, you can most definitely get your UK or US. I'm cock sure about this.

People should dismystify this visa procedure thingy and don't make it always look like it's based on some funny myths...Majorly by researching the procedure deeply and personally, we can achieve a position of less of what "Justwise said" and more of "discovered facts backed by immigration rules and regulations"....every material needed is available on the internet.

I hear all sorts even from people that are supposed to know(outside NL o), they will say "you want to waste your money abi?" I laugh them off (because I know what I ve researched deeply into even immigration regulations) and everytime, I get my visa and that of my family anyways.

Success to us all and those of us not travelling this year too. Lolz.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
TCann:

Abeg, people should stop this funny trend of "you were denied because you have no travel history". For a fact, nobody gets denied a visa (especially UK or US) strictly or narrowly for not having travelled out before.

Is that really in contention here? But then, is travel experience part of what your research has shown you adds some advantage to your application? There are cases, and there are cases. Also, did you read of the last question he was asked according to him before the refusal paper was handed to him and did you read between the lines to ascertain why a proper transcript was requested? Lolz

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
TCann:

I read this thing on several fora and it makes me laugh...how people gets misguided to start chasing south African, Ghana or Dubai visas to "disvigin" their "pali" (ie passport) so as to stand a better chance when applying for UK or US.

I stand to be corrected, but from my practical information, good people, there is nothing as such...with your freshly minted passport acquired last week, painstakingly fulfilling 95% of visa conditions, without having travelled out of naija before, you can most definitely get your UK or US. I'm cock sure about this.

People should dismystify this visa procedure thingy and don't make it always look like it's based on some funny myths...Majorly by researching the procedure deeply and personally, we can achieve a position of less of what "Justwise said" and more of "discovered facts backed by immigration rules and regulations"....every material needed is available on the internet.

I hear all sorts even from people that are supposed to know(outside NL o), they will say "you want to waste your money abi?" I laugh them off (because I know what I ve researched deeply into even immigration regulations) and everytime, I get my visa and that of my family anyways.

Success to us all and those of us not travelling this year too. Lolz.

Dude deal with your inferiority complex and let me out of this because you can't read anywhere here or other threads where I told anybody that they were refused purely because of travel history.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by murphy29: 10:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Is that really in contention here? But then, is travel experience part of what your research has shown you adds some advantage to your application? There are cases, and there are cases. Also, did you read of the last question he was asked according to him before the refusal paper was handed to him and did you read between the lines to ascertain why a proper transcript was requested? Lolz

Thanks the transcript went thus

Me...gud am
V.O...replies
VO..where are you goin in the states
Me...indianapolis to visit my elder sister on an important issue

VO...what do you do
Me...an electrical engineer at -----company as -------manager

VO...how much do you earn
Me .... #....

Vo...are you married
Me...of course am happily married with a kid

Vo....have you ever travelled out of the country
Me ... No

Vo... Mr X am sorry you re not good to go now

He hands me the blue paper
It was so sadden though but it was a great experience
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
murphy29:

Me...gud am
V.O...replies

VO...what do you do

Me .... #....

Vo...are you married

Me ... No

Good family tie back in Naija! But you have a SISTER in the US (legally I presume), no travel history for you as well as no concrete reason for travel per se from your answer. How old were you and your pay as at the time of this interview? @Tcann; can you string this together now too?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kenkelewu: 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
murphy29:

Me...gud am
V.O...replies

VO...what do you do

Me .... #....

Vo...are you married

Me ... No

I think you should work on your purpose of visit to the US. The world has become such a small place with many avenues for communication, that if you need (to see or speak with) your sister on an important issue she should be a phone call away, WhatsApp call/msg or via Skype. You must be articulate and convincing that you have a genuine reason for travel. If it's for vacation, then you must be able to outline your travel plans and interest, if for business or training, you must be articulate and professional. Honestly I think our naija style of "visiting for uncle's wedding anniversary" and the likes, sound very flimsy... My 2 kobo opinion

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by murphy29: 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Good family tie back in Naija! But you have a SISTER in the US (legally I presume), no travel history for you as well as no concrete reason for travel per se from your answer. How old were you and your pay as at the time of this interview? @Tcann; can you string this together now too?

Yup my sister was in the us since 12years trough lottery now married I was going to meet her so sign an official document of our late dad

And she was too busy as a nurse to come to naija
Am 29yrs off age wen I applied and I earn bout 260k monthly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TCann(m): 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
justwise:

Dude deal with your inferiority complex and let me out of this because you can't read anywhere here or other threads where I told anybody that they were refused purely because of travel history.

Bro, a haha...take a chill (inferiority complex bawo shocked) The statement was just in a manner of saying generally...not meant to bash you...or refer to any specific statement from you.
In retrospect, I could have put "XYZ said", my bad. Apologies Justwise.

@OmoBendel, my post was just triggered by what I read earlier in your post and not necessarily in specifics, addressing your post. Apologies to you too.

Bottom line, that someone may be educated...and Justwise may weigh his opinion in too. We are all learning.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
murphy29:

Yup my sister was in the us since 12years trough lottery now married I was going to meet her so sign an official document of our late dad

And she was too busy as a nurse to come to naija
Am 29yrs off age wen I applied and I earn bout 260k monthly

Your travel purpose scores low here, really. Unfold your pay/salary part (okay, seen now, good too), and again I ask, "Aside the travel history thing touched, what in your adjudication has changed since your last interview at the embassy?"

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.