Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532560 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dagzy(f): 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello good people, LadyG, Justwise - please I need some expert advice:

Is there any way possible to get a visiting visa appointment date between today and next week?

Background story: My parents would like to attend my graduation. Both of them were previously scheduled to be at a work conference in Paris on that day so we dropped the notion initially. Now, the conference has been rescheduled due to recent happenings in Paris. They have filled out DS-160 forms and paid the visa application fee and are applying together but the earliest date available is Jan 11, 2016 which is not useful as the ceremony is on the 19th of December.

Please is there any way anyone can help with this, getting a date before 11th December? Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Also, I keep refreshing and refreshing till the system tells me I have reached the limit and limit will be reset the next day.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Justcul(m): 7:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
greeting to ya'all in the house, please i plan to visit NewYork in march but i need an affordable accomodation for 10 days. i need the information so i can use it on my 160 form.

CC. justwise

Your response(s) are welcome
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
dagzy:
Hello good people, LadyG, Justwise - please I need some expert advice:

Is there any way possible to get a visiting visa appointment date between today and next week?

Background story: My parents would like to attend my graduation. Both of them were previously scheduled to be at a work conference in Paris on that day so we dropped the notion initially. Now, the conference has been rescheduled due to recent happenings in Paris. They have filled out DS-160 forms and paid the visa application fee and are applying together but the earliest date available is Jan 11, 2016 which is not useful as the ceremony is on the 19th of December.

Please is there any way anyone can help with this, getting a date before 11th December? Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Also, I keep refreshing and refreshing till the system tells me I have reached the limit and limit will be reset the next day.
11th? That is highly impossible! And they don't even quality for an expedited appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Atmmachine(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
neks31:
LadyG Biko nwanne I trailed u to this thread!! I have a lot of kweshions to ask.. My elder sis want to apply for visit visa to come join me n help me with my lo when I give birth but she has virgin passport n zero travel history ... She works in one land rig with an oil producing company n she will be due to go on leave in Jan n she just started working there for a year!
Now my qts is ; should she apply dat she is going on vacay n do a reservation with a Newyork hotel cos she plans to visit there too or should she use d accommodation addy that I will be staying in d Us at d time of her interview?? D name she is working at her place of work with is diff from her bank statements n bank details tho she has a affidavit to back up her change of name before she got d job. Pls help me advise her n she is single n early 30s too!! Thanks n God bless

What is a virgin passport ??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Atmmachine(m): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
There's nothing like a virgin passport.
I know how the American embassy works.

What they only do is a thorough secret background check on you.
Even if you got your passport that very day, you will be given a visa.
Before you even come to the interview, they already know if you will get the visa or not, the interview is just to physically see you.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
[Funny people... US.quote author=dannie007 post=40408744]Hello house!! Transcript of my oga in my place of work! Him, his wife and 6 months Old son:

Him: good morning madam!
Vo: good morning.
Vo: where are you going to?
Him: Jamaica queens, New York.
Vo: Reason for travel
Him: Family vacation, shopping and sight seeing
Vo: where do you work
Him: work as a branch manager @ ******
Vo: how much do you earn
Him: 315k
Vo: Traveled out before
Him: yes south africa
Vo: reason for travel
Him: company assignment to inspect brick/block machines that we bought!
Vo: ok, have you traveled with your family out of the country before
Him: no
Vo: sorry you are not qualify reapply

What's ur advice house? Right now is considering going to Dubai for his vacation with his Family, then probably apply next year during easter![/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Justcul:
greeting to ya'all in the house, please i plan to visit NewYork in march but i need an affordable accomodation for 10 days. i need the information so i can use it on my 160 form.

CC. justwise

Your response(s) are welcome

www.booking.com

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by suemie4ever(f): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
suemie4ever:
2013 my uncle and his wife who are both citizens invitedus to their house warming ,we are taking care of our expences except accomadation (we will bestaying in my uncles house ) my husband is into business in which i am a director we have four kids and they are allin school our company is registered with cac and we pay our company and income tax faithfully we own properties worth millions but at that time we had no personal saving account though we started working on it after the denial We made a mistake when filling our form 2013 as a novice i didnt give much information i thought that all i needed was to carry all our documents but unfortunately we were not asked to show anything we were denied on d base that there was no socioeconomic ties 214b my family and i wants to apply again do we need to tell them that we are being invited again and my husband will not be accompanying us this time around is any other thing we are leaving out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onmyteflon: 8:45am On Dec 04, 2015
lebbyent:
About a month ago I threw a question on this forum about the chances of myself and my family visiting visa to united states and I got no reply but the good news is we got our visa application approved yesterday 30 Nov. and we are so glad.

For people who intend to travel for US visit , all I will say is keep believing. The thing is all odds were against us in this and reason being that I have never traveled out of the country likewise my wife and we've never had experience of family vacation outside of the country. It was a virgin passport but we were able to convince the vo we will be coming back to Nigeria 2which is very important.

I thank the whole members of the forum and especially the owner of the forum, you contributions, experience shared on this forum proved to be very helpful. Have a blessed day
Can you please share your transcript with us
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Justcul(m): 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunexman: 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
Please I made a mistake while making my appointment I mistakely used my old DS-160 form number instead of the new one.please help me because the appointment is done with the wrong DS-160 form.its very urgent my appointment is very soon.please.....Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:31am On Dec 05, 2015
tunexman:
Please I made a mistake while making my
appointment I mistakely used my old DS-160 form
number instead of the new one.please help me
because the appointment is done with the wrong
DS-160 form.its very urgent my appointment is very
soon.please.....Thanks
Send an email to the embaSsy. Cite the new ds 160. They l ask u to scan ur data page then swap it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunexman: 10:36am On Dec 05, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Send an email to the embaSsy. Cite the new ds 160. They l ask u to scan ur data page then swap it
. Thanks.Will i have to reschedule or reprint another appointment confirmatiion page
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 10:59am On Dec 05, 2015
Good morning LadyGuinivere, Justwise and all members of NL.
Please I want to make payment for NIV with FAMILY OF 5. But I needs some clarification on how to make the payment.
1. Please do I needs to make combine payment of #156,000 for 5 of us and get one receipt (MRV)? OR pay separately #31,200 and get separate receipts?.

2. How to use one receipt or individual(seperate) receipts to schedule family appointment and have individual confirmation page that will match each member of family Ds-160 barcode number?.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2015
adefas:
Good morning LadyGuinivere, Justwise and all members of NL.
Please I want to make payment for NIV with FAMILY OF 5. But I needs some clarification on how to make the payment.
1. Please do I needs to make combine payment of #156,000 for 5 of us and get one receipt (MRV)? OR pay separately #31,200 and get separate receipts?.

2. How to use one receipt or individual(seperate) receipts to schedule family appointment and have individual confirmation page that will match each member of family Ds-160 barcode number?.
Thanks
I have no idea but I'll use common sense.
To book appointment u need a reciept nos so I guess ul need to pay individually
2. U use group booking
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I have no idea but I'll use common sense.
To book appointment u need a reciept nos so I guess ul need to pay individually
2. U use group booking
I thought group booking was for a minimum of 10. He should be the principal applicant and add them as dependents when booking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:17pm On Dec 05, 2015
iRyan:
I thought group booking was for a minimum of 10. He should be the principal applicant and add them as dependents when booking.
You are probably right. Thats why I gave d caveat at d begining
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
iRyan:

Ok Thanks LadyGuinivere and iRyan but which receipt number (MVR) I will input, my own or space for the remaining family member will be available after have add them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeomadiniru: 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2015
Hi I will be going for a visiting interview very soon and I dont know how to go about it.....pls who can help me out with some questions. ..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2015
adefas:

Ok Thanks LadyGuinivere and iRyan but which receipt number (MVR) I will input, my own or space for the remaining family member will be available after have add them.
yours first then every other member of the family. After you add yours you'll see a box written add dependents. When you click on it, it would let you add other members of the fam.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
iRyan:
yours first then every other member of the family. After you add yours you'll see a box written add dependents. When you click on it, it would let you add other members of the fam.

Thanks My brother, happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
ifeomadiniru:
Hi I will be going for a visiting interview very soon and I dont know how to go about it.....pls who can help me out with some questions. ..

Pls refer to page one and read through to this current page. You can also click the link in page one by reading from part one of this tread. You will find a lot of excerpts and information that will definitely help. Cheers.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dedayo: 11:01am On Dec 07, 2015
Visa approved. Transcript loading in a bit.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:36am On Dec 07, 2015
Dedayo:
Visa approved. Transcript loading in a bit.
Nwanne why u comot the transcript na?
Congrats!
I found the winter coat story quite hilarious ehhh! cheesy . Haba to you sef! Harmattan never reach Lagos? Maybe na harmattan cold de worry them. cheesy
Puff puff for the house oooo!
One of us is travelling today. We expect your poe story ooooo! U know who u are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dedayo: 11:53am On Dec 07, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Nwanne why u comot the transcript na?
Congrats!
I found the winter coat story quite hilarious ehhh! cheesy . Haba to you sef! Harmattan never reach Lagos? Maybe na harmattan cold de worry them. cheesy
Puff puff for the house oooo!
One of us is travelling today. We expect your poe story ooooo! U know who u are

Nwa nne m eweliwe biko. No be small harmattan cold my sister. Thanks for the good work you are doing. Enough puff puff loading.

I had my interview this morning and it would be totally unfair for me not to post my transcript after having gone through the thread for guidance. So here goes:

VO: Good morning ma'am
Me: Good morning
VO: Please pass me your documents
VO: Where are you travelling to?
Me: New York
VO: Why are you going to New York?
Me: For tourism
VO: I am sorry?
VO: What do you intend to do while you are in New York?
Me: I intend to visit the Empire State Building, Times Square, The Statue of Liberty, definitely see a broadway show and do some shopping
VO: How long do you intend to be in New York?
Me: 13 days
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes I have
VO: Where to?
Me: UK, Ghana, Pakistan, Kenya and Dubai (some more than once)
VO: Why do you travel so much?
Me: It's the nature of my job. I am Bleep at Bleep and it entails a lot of travel
VO: Were all your trips on business?
Me: No. My trips to XX and XX were for tourism
VO: How long have you been with your organisation?
Me: I joined in XX last year
VO: Ok ma'am. I am going to approve your visa, please pick it up at Bleep in Bleep days time.

Honestly, I did not hear the rest. I was just happy for God's favour. I had heard people say it's hard when you are young and unmarried but like the gurus on here would always say - the most important thing is proving to the VO that you have no intention of absconding if granted the Visa. None of my documents were checked, not even my international passport whilst I was in front of the VO.

On a lighter note, some people do themselves a great disservice - starting from that queue outside. The lady in front of me was with 2 of her kids all garbed in winter jackets. Seriously? In this harmattan? Abi that is 'dressing the part'? She kept yelling at her daughter in Yoruba and English -"if you take off that jacket again, I would beat the hell out of you". I am no VO but in my mind I am thinking this has got to be the joke of the century. Or the guy who says he is a businessman in front of the VO and then proceeds to explain how borehole is linked to cement - seriously? After the epistle, the next thing I heard was "I'm sorry..."

VOs dey try - They must have a lot of rib cracking tales to tell.

Thanks to everyone doing an amazing job on this thread and God's favour to all.

11 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 3:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
Congrats Dedayo.

Please is ID number (application number) the same with confirmation number (bar code number)? My own is the same, hope I can proceed to schedule appointment?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dedayo:

Nwa nne m eweliwe biko. No be small harmattan cold my sister. Thanks for the good work you are doing. Enough puff puff loading.

I had my interview this morning and it would be totally unfair for me not to post my transcript after having gone through the thread for guidance. So here goes:

VO: Good morning ma'am
Me: Good morning
VO: Please pass me your documents
VO: Where are you travelling to?
Me: New York
VO: Why are you going to New York?
VO: I am sorry?
VO: What do you intend to do while you are in New York?
Me: I intend to visit the Empire State Building, Times Square, The Statue of Liberty, definitely see a broadway show and do some shopping
VO: How long do you intend to be in New York?
Me: 13 days
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes I have
VO: Where to?
Me: UK, Ghana, Pakistan, Kenya and Dubai (some more than once)
VO: Why do you travel so much?
Me: It's the nature of my job. I am Bleep at Bleep and it entails a lot of travel
VO: Were all your trips on business?
Me: No. My trips to XX and XX were for tourism
VO: How long have you been with your organisation?
Me: I joined in XX last year
VO: Ok ma'am. I am going to approve your visa, please pick it up at Bleep in Bleep days time.

Honestly, I did not hear the rest. I was just happy for God's favour. I had heard people say it's hard when you are young and unmarried but like the gurus on here would always say - the most important thing is proving to the VO that you have no intention of absconding if granted the Visa. None of my documents were checked, not even my international passport whilst I was in front of the VO.

On a lighter note, some people do themselves a great disservice - starting from that queue outside. The lady in front of me was with 2 of her kids all garbed in winter jackets. Seriously? In this harmattan? Abi that is 'dressing the part'? She kept yelling at her daughter in Yoruba and English -"if you take off that jacket again, I would beat the hell out of you". I am no VO but in my mind I am thinking this has got to be the joke of the century. Or the guy who says he is a businessman in front of the VO and then proceeds to explain how borehole is linked to cement - seriously? After the epistle, the next thing I heard was "I'm sorry..."

VOs dey try - They must have a lot of rib cracking tales to tell.

Thanks to everyone doing an amazing job on this thread and God's favour to all.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lovettett(f): 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
We left lagos on emirate at 2.40 pm..food on board was ok.got to dubai wt just 2 hours 3 mins transit. Just enuf to get us to our gate for onward trip to new york. The trip to new long is not beans o.long sha. Landed jfk at 8 am.went tru immigration.dey were very friendly n professional.the officer just asked what my relationship was wt my kids.dat was all. Stamped us for 6 months..customs was a breeze.thank God

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Justcul(m): 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
Studying in Germany, booked my interview few minutes ago.. Hoping to get the visa from the US embassy here in berlin. I just hope I get the visa (visit).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
Justcul:
Studying in Germany, booked my interview few minutes ago.. Hoping to get the visa from the US embassy here in berlin. I just hope I get the visa (visit).
Wish you the best.
What is available date please?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.