Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,940 members, 7,841,614 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1542349 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
100dollarbills:
LadyGuinivere grin The 5-Star General. How have u been? Biko Ur disciple here dey find cheap ticket to NYC come March next year o. In case u get any coded tunes. grin
Nwanne hmmmm na you be this? Lol
Try on black friday. Na so me take get 160k last year.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hello everyone am new here, just a few question, pls i will be glad if i get my answer. Got someone inviting me over to the USA (met him online) , i just want to know the necessary document he needs to send to me, he is inviting me as fiancee, he is an American citizen and never been to Nigeria. Thanks alot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
Savvyij:
Hello everyone am new here, just a few question, pls i will be glad if i get my answer. Got someone inviting me over to the USA (met him online) , i just want to know the necessary document he needs to send to me, he is inviting me as fiancee, he is an American citizen and never been to Nigeria. Thanks alot
Check the us embassy website
Or
Read like 10 pages back...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
Savvyij:

if he wants to invite you as fiance, he must come to Nigeria or both of you meet in any part of the world in person...

just an invitation letter from him hold little chance or no weight

also read their embassy website you will know more
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 100dollarbills(m): 12:07am On Nov 22, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Nwanne hmmmm na you be this? Lol Try on black friday. Na so me take get 160k last year.
...... When everyone else fails try LadyG cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ngobaby2264: 5:26am On Nov 22, 2016
Please can I enroll to a community college with a visit visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 22, 2016
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cuteebonyprince(m): 8:59am On Nov 22, 2016
2012 November i got admission into University of TROY Alabama and in 2013 January i applied to the US embassy in Lagos for study visa but unfortunately my visa was denied and in the application then i answered my status as married and the name of my woman then was mentioned and in the later year the relationship didn't work out and now planning to do my wedding and want to apply for visit visa to US for my wife and i as a place for our honeymoon immediately after wedding, now my only fear is that her name is different from the lady i was with during my 2013 student application, I need your candid, sincere and helpful advice on what is the right thing to do Please!!!.

Thanks...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:36am On Nov 22, 2016
cuteebonyprince:
2012 November i got admission into University of TROY Alabama and in 2013 January i applied to the US embassy in Lagos for study visa but unfortunately my visa was denied and in the application then i answered my status as married and the name of my woman then was mentioned and in the later year the relationship didn't work out and now planning to do my wedding and want to apply for visit visa to US for my wife and i as a place for our honeymoon immediately after wedding, now my only fear is that her name is different from the lady i was with during my 2013 student application, I need your candid, sincere and helpful advice on what is the right thing to do Please!!!.

Thanks...
Candid nd sincere advice. You misrepresented the ist time. Now you have to tell the truth on your form and during the interview.
Mind you, if u are yet to get married, she is still not your wife and hence cannot be called such on your form. With your history of marital misrepresentation, it would be better for u to apply after you are actually married for your honeymoon
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oriagome: 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
sugah:

I think he means if he should take the kids along for the interview.

Yes oriagome, you are to take the kids along for the interview.

Thanks for the best answer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oriagome: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
Family/Group Applications

I am traveling with my family or as part of a group. Can I create a family or group application?
Yes. When you select “Email Confirmation” on your Confirmation Page, you will be directed to a “Thank You” page. On the “Thank You” page you will see an option to create a family or group application. When you select this option, certain information from your application, such as destination, will automatically be imported to and displayed on a new application. Please note that if you use this option you must create an individual application for each family member or for each individual within the group.

from the above copied from ds-160 frq ask que.

Please cant i use one ds-160 form for my entire family. Must i fill four form for my family of four
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oriagome: 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
booking for appointment

if choose lagos u get this options to choose from bellow

B1 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS
B1/B2 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS AND PLEASURE
B2 - VISITOR FOR PLEASURE OR MEDICAL TREATMENT

If choose Abuja u see this options

B1 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS
B1/B2 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS AND PLEASURE

Why the difference
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Gibsondesicario: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
slightlyMad:

if you have an immediate relative in the USA, you wont get a non-immigrant visa.
VO here will tell you it is still possible to get it but NO, they will waste your cash and time.
post your interview transcript here when you have it and pls quote me

Hello guys am new here and I need your help as to this issue.. A friend of mine apply for the USA non-immigrant visa and then find out he made a mistake while filling the form that his birth month instead of march he fill inn april.. will that be an issue for denial? ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iluvweed(m): 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Wow this Drop box renewal process is very very easy and stressless!!!....Submitted at DHL last week monday, got an email to come pick up passports on thursday!...Is it that easy?.... grin grin grin....and just passports only oh!..no need for documents or bank statements, very easy and fast...and all visas were issued also lol....thanks to Nairaland travel section...bless you all!

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cuteebonyprince(m): 9:15am On Nov 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Candid nd sincere advice. You misrepresented the ist time. Now you have to tell the truth on your form and during the interview.
Mind you, if u are yet to get married, she is still not your wife and hence cannot be called such on your form. With your history of marital misrepresentation, it would be better for u to apply after you are actually married for your honeymoon

Thank you LadyGuinivere, i appreciate your kind and candid advice, The right word you used and that i totally agreed with you in your statement was marital misrepresentation, and how do i defend this before the VO in my next application?. Meanwhile, just like you have advice and i will say the truth in my next chance and my wife and i next visa interview application is going to take effect originally after our wedding.
One more thing that is not clear to me in which i needed you to share more light, About those applicants that were likely denied either once or couple of times and yet reapplied again, before or during their new interview, does the visa officer opened any of their previous application whether to check and relate their information if they are tally or for decision or judgement ?

I commend the initiatives and conveners of this unique forum, Kudos to you all.

Thank you and God bless...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:27am On Nov 23, 2016
cuteebonyprince:

does the visa officer opened any of their previous application whether to check and relate their information
if they are tally or for decision or judgement ?

Everything that you have ever submitted or said is on your computer record forever.
The Visa officer can check everything to find un-truthes.
They may even have automatic systems now where the computer does the checking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:59am On Nov 23, 2016
@cuteebonyprince
How do u defend a lie? You don't. U admit that u lied when asked.
Yes. All your previous applications are on the record

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 23, 2016
cuteebonyprince:

Thanks...

wait till you are married to the lady or you can do a court marriage while processing. then explain when you reach there but make sure you are married.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 23, 2016
You know this are not Nigerian officials so whatever you do never lie to them. Be truthful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cydophobia(m): 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
Good day Lady G and the gurus in the house.

I intend to apply for visit visa which i will be staying in a hotel through-out my stay in US

My question is that should i book for hotel reservation before my interview?Or when is the appropriate time to book for hotel reservation.

Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hello NL,
I did my interview today and got denied,before I share my transcript,I want to let you all know dt a mistake was made during the filling of my DS-160 form..and the mistake is filling NO,instead of yes in the question that says have you traveled outside Nigeria before in the last five years...
My transcript.
VO-Good morning
Me- Good morning
VO- passport please
Me- passed and said thank you
VO-why are u going to the US
Me-for my annual vacation
VO-where
Me-New York
VO-what do u do
Me-Am an operator with Nestle Nigeria old
VO- Are u married
Me-No am.single but engaged
VO- Have you traveled outside Nigeria before,
Me- Yes,I have being to Dubai and Ghana once,but unfortunately i observed a mistake was made by filling NO instead of Yes after my appointment had being booked.....
She paused and looked at me when I said ds....and later continued typing
VO- do u have any kids
Me-Nope
VO-how long have u being working
Me-4 years
And this was when she said sorry,u are not eligible to a visa now,but i welcome you to reapply
I just said thank you and jejely collected my passport.
N:B- she didn't even looked at my passport to confirm the authenticity of my claim...and neither did she asked me for any documents...
Good people....help me touch light and let's know where d problem emanated from.....

Failure is only a postponed success........I dey wait Una......thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by indianteddy007: 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
Good afternoon VO. my interview is coming up. I am applying with my two boys 6yrs and 4yrs without their dad.

1. Is it okay for them to wear their school uniform?

2. Can i also wear my own Branded uniform we wear at work since i will be going to work after the interview?

3. I was denied last year march because i did not apply with the boys.. we travelled to dubai last yr December now we want to travel to the States.. what are my chances?

4. We are not applying with my husband. What are the chances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lonzo(m): 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hello House

What if someone has traveled 7 years ago. Does he full yes in the last 5years because a friend of mine filled No in that section and when he went for the interview the VO didn't even give him a chance to explain concerning travel history and he got denied.

Please she'd more light

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
indianteddy007:
Good afternoon VO. my interview is coming up. I am applying with my two boys 6yrs and 4yrs without their dad.

1. Is it okay for them to wear their school uniform?

2. Can i also wear my own Branded uniform we wear at work since i will be going to work after the interview?

3. I was denied last year march because i did not apply with the boys.. we travelled to dubai last yr December now we want to travel to the States.. what are my chances?

4. We are not applying with my husband. What are the chances?

yes they should put on their school uniform. The day I went for my interview, people came with their kids on school uniform.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2016
I think you should have mentioned that you made a mistake, before the interview began or alternatively you could have called the embassy and mentioned the mistake you made. All the best in your next interview.
BelieveAndrew:
Hello NL,
I did my interview today and got denied,before I share my transcript,I want to let you all know dt a mistake was made during the filling of my DS-160 form..and the mistake is filling NO,instead of yes in the question that says have you traveled outside Nigeria before in the last five years...
My transcript.
VO-Good morning
Me- Good morning
VO- passport please
Me- passed and said thank you
VO-why are u going to the US
Me-for my annual vacation
VO-where
Me-New York
VO-what do u do
Me-Am an operator with Nestle Nigeria old
VO- Are u married
Me-No am.single but engaged
VO- Have you traveled outside Nigeria before,
Me- Yes,I have being to Dubai and Ghana once,but unfortunately i observed a mistake was made by filling NO instead of Yes after my appointment had being booked.....
She paused and looked at me when I said ds....and later continued typing
VO- do u have any kids
Me-Nope
VO-how long have u being working
Me-4 years
And this was when she said sorry,u are not eligible to a visa now,but i welcome you to reapply
I just said thank you and jejely collected my passport.
N:B- she didn't even looked at my passport to confirm the authenticity of my claim...and neither did she asked me for any documents...
Good people....help me touch light and let's know where d problem emanated from.....

Failure is only a postponed success........I dey wait Una......thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
If you are travelling with your kids, your travel date should fall in the months when schools are on break (it raises alarm when you are taking the kids for break, when schools are in session). If you have proof that they will be on break, bring it along, oit might be helpful.
lymelyte:
yes they should put on their school uniform. The day I went for my interview, people came with their kids on school uniform.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
So long as you have travelled out of Nigeria before, click yes.
lonzo:
Hello House

What if someone has traveled 7 years ago. Does he full yes in the last 5years because a friend of mine filled No in that section and when he went for the interview the VO didn't even give him a chance to explain concerning travel history and he got denied.

Please she'd more light

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
KaptainAfrika:
I think you should have mentioned that you made a mistake, before the interview began or alternatively you could have called the embassy and mentioned the mistake you made. All the best in your next interview.
Yes...you are right....I think that was d reason of the denial,cos she didn't bother to open the passport to check if I was saying the truth....Gods time will come
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
BelieveAndrew:

Yes...you are right....I think that was d reason of the denial,cos she didn't bother to open the passport to check if I was saying the truth....Gods time will come
People have made that same mistake and still got visas.
She simply ws not satisfied with ur ties

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2016
lonzo:
Hello House

Please she'd more light

Thanks
What does the column ask for? Travel within the past 5 year?
How long ago was the travel? 7 years ago.
So why are u asking this question? Where is the confusion? Which light do you wany folks to shed? The light of nansense form filling? Please fill your ds 160 apprioprately.
There's an opportunity to answer to any travel history during the interview

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

People have made that same mistake and still got visas.
She simply ws not satisfied with ur ties
The woman was simply thinking what to do,written all over her face was the taught
However,same ties was used by my colleagues to get visas....so I think d issue of mistake affected....same ties and same status.....its just Gods time,so I see
I go reapply in three months time
Thanks LadyG

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.