Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,216 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1537590 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
mzjennypher:
Good day House,
i applied for us visa this yr july but was rejected under 214b (am single and never travelled out before.) i applied for south africa visa got it in september and travelled in oct. is it wise for me to apply for us visa again say in jan especially when the only thing that has changed is my travel history?

they don't give odds in getting visa,.. let this be know, traveling to Africa countries as traveling experience doesn't count in US visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olaniyisal: 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
Can we still go for the interview together irrespective of the maidem for madam

LadyGuinivere:

1. Madam can apply in her maiden name. It is permissible. My passport has been renews in ma maiden name nd that's what I'm still using. The descicion to change the name is a personal one and does not affect visa issuance
2. There will also be no difference in outcome. Whether you pick vacation or honeymoon as purpose of trip, the primary consideration still remains your ties. If the vo is satisfied with your ties, you can state that you are just going to charge your phone
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olu101: 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hey Kunzo... if you read my message vividly, i stated that i need an advice. Does your reply "This is a mere desperation" sound like one? Pls lets all try to respect each other and not sit behind computer/phone or whatever gadget you use and act like a kid.

Thanks for replying tho.
kunzo:

This is a mere desperation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olu101: 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hi LadyGuinivere, thank you for replying. I get your point and i appreciate!

Bless!

LadyGuinivere:

Can u apply as a tourist and use hotel reservation? Yes
Can you run another business? Yes
Can you claim you do not have family? That would be a lie and misrepresentation? No sir. We cannot advice You to do that. Why do u feel you need to lie to get a visa? Do people with families in the us not get visas?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olu101: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
God bless you for this! A quick one, we are applying to go to a different state this time or do you think we should still maintain that we are going to the same state where my uncle reside? And then follow your advice that he will be our tour guide etc.

And if going to another state is ok, if the VO ask us why have we choosed a different state and not where we know someone.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank You.

unclephilio123:
1.U can apply as tourist wit ur wife,and book hotel accomodatn,buh dnt lie,coz it is already on ur profile that u are having US contact.U can simply say u are having someone in U.S but u are using Hotel coz u dnt and ur wife dnt wanna be burden to his family,and he wil stil remain ur tourist's guide.
2.Yes u can another business name.......since evry1 is clamouring for better life.
Note:Ensure u enter how much u earn as a salary frm d bisness
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
olu101:
God bless you for this! A quick one, we are applying to go to a different state this time or do you think we should still maintain that we are going to the same state where my uncle reside? And then follow your advice that he will be our tour guide etc.

And if going to another state is ok, if the VO ask us why have we choosed a different state and not where we know someone.

Thank You.

DESPERATION it actually seems to me now even the more, I hereby acquiesce to what the other responder told you on that note! Can't you see you don't even know "why" you want to travel (which of course is key in every VO's mind), neither do you have a good travel plan as an individual? All you just want is for people to help you pad your "story-story". Sorry if that hurts, abuse all you can, but we will punish your type with the truth always. Bon voyage!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aphixiano(m): 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
I don't seems to get why people will ask a question and the next reply will be that of primary school student, all he needed is an advice and not trying to tell him he is desperate to get a visa. Everyone seeking for visa have a different purpose and reason for traveling , I know probably he is seeking to get the visa and run away but let the VO judge that and stop acting like you are God of visa advice or something. Let us all respect each other and be thankful to God of which ever position we are and stop stylishly mocking people who life is difficult for in this country and seeking a better life in another country I
OmoBendel24:

DESPERATION it actually seems to me now even the more, I hereby acquiesce to what the other responder told you on that note! Can't you see you don't even know "why" you want to travel (which of course is key in every VO's mind), neither do you have a good travel plan as an individual? All you just want is for people to help you pad your "story-story". Sorry if that hurts, abuse all you can, but we will punish your type with the truth always. Bon voyage!

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
aphixiano:
I don't seems to get why

Another J.J.C. telling us that we should support every desperate or illegal application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
aphixiano:
All thanks to Almighty Allah, I have been a silent reader and just got approved of visa this morning at Lagos embassy. Transcript coming soon

Imagine this yet-to-pass-kindergatten stage individual! Dude, you ain't got no monopoly of this insultive turf, I bet you that! Shebi that is the transcript an "idiotic/thieving/grabbing/bitter" you ought to have posted since? Fly!!! Just go away.... Who be this one? Mtcheeewww! #TFYouThere

aphixiano:
I don't seems to get why people will ask a question and the next reply will be that of primary school student, all he needed is an advice and not trying to tell him he is desperate to get a visa. Everyone seeking for visa have a different purpose and reason for traveling , I know probably he is seeking to get the visa and run away but let the VO judge that and stop acting like you are God of visa advice or something. Let us all respect each other and be thankful to God of which ever position we are and stop stylishly mocking people who life is difficult for in this country and seeking a better life in another country I

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunzo: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
olu101:
Hey Kunzo... if you read my message vividly, i stated that i need an advice. Does your reply "This is a mere desperation" sound like one? Pls lets all try to respect each other and not sit behind computer/phone or whatever gadget you use and act like a kid.

Thanks for replying tho.

So sorry bros. Good luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bogolobango(m): 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
@worry359 100% of Nigerians applying for USA visa always lie Atleast one or 2 changes in order to get thier visa approved so the issue is not being desperate all he was trying to do is just some changes so that he could scale through easily that's all and I think everyone of us seek for advise some even send pm to themselves let's stop being petty and move on

One love Usa visit visa

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bogolobango(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
@aphixiano

Gbam well said

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
olu101:

Thank You.

It is ok to want to visit different places at different times.
You should know why you want to visit that location however. Its not for nairalanders to tell you why. Something must have prompted you to decide to visit a location.
Read the transcripts. Get a feel of the process and be yourself. Fake and rehearsed answers irks any sane person

@olu yes . You may both apply together with different names. Many have done so. Read this thread well
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olu101: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
Thank you for you reply. Im sure if you took your time to read my post you wont stylishly pass across an insult. You said i dont know why i want to travel or neither do i have a travel plan, right? Do you expect me to come pour out my travel plan on here? Pls becareful of what you say. I dont want u to come pad my story ok like u said.

What i asked was simple.. i asked if i can claim i dont have an uncle (which i hv a good reason n cant say in public) and also asked bout using my new business name... How does DESPIRATION set in or me not having travelling plan?

I've bn travelling to UK for the past 15yrs with a valid 10yrs Uk visa at the moment so im not JJC bout traveling, i just dont know bout USA. I read ur msg insulting aphixiano.. c'mon is there a need for that?

Anyways thanks for your msg and God bless us all.

OmoBendel24:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olu101: 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
BOGOLOBANGO and APHIXIANO thanks for showing good maturity and patiently trying to understand where am coming from withmy question. @LADYGUINIVERE thanks for keeping up and @BENDEL24 thank you aswell even if you've assumed i was gonna come insulting you with your reply. I dont have any reason to do that but with you suggesting i should abuse all i can that means you know your msg calls for such.

Thank you all and God bless

bogolobango:
@aphixiano

Gbam well said

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
bogolobango:
@worry359 100% of Nigerians applying for USA visa always lie Atleast one or 2 changes in order to get thier visa approved so the issue is not being desperate all he was trying to do is just some changes so that he could scale through easily that's all and I think everyone of us seek for advise some even send pm to themselves let's stop being petty and move on

One love Usa visit visa
This comment you made was the reason this thread was created:
To destroy the myth that Nigerians have to lie to get a visa.

Whatever you call it 'changes' or baptise, with any fancy name, it If it isn't true, it is misrepresentation. I speak for myself now when I say this: Why are we proud to defend lies and sharp practices? When did it become wrong to state the obvious? Which is, fill your form without looking for 'better stories'?
Sometimes, I admit the sarcasm is heavy, but that seems to be the only method that drives home the point.
Yes. Folks may pm. What they do in the privacy of their emails is their business. But this thread by the grace of God will not be a haven for untoward practices and advice.
Ok. Let's be practical.Lemme use a scenario- Some fellow applied previously and put a different business. Now he's scared to put another. Why? I know not. I changed jobs and never blinked twice when I filled my second form. So in a situation where an applicant is adviced to make changes, he now has to defend it at an interview and at any subsequent interview. Then the fellow will be back in a few months time with a new moniker and another sob story.
This is the point where you youngsters will now say ' so who you epp?'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olu101: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
@aphixiano blessing!!!!

aphixiano:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aphixiano(m): 9:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
Funny man always looking for someone to fight with on the Internet. Keep fighting and insulting bro The lord is your strength.Thanks
OmoBendel24:

Imagine this yet-to-pass-kindergatten stage individual! Dude, you ain't got no monopoly of this insultive turf, I bet you that! Shebi that is the transcript an "idiotic/thieving/grabbing/bitter" you ought to have posted since? Fly!!! Just go away.... Who be this one? Mtcheeewww! #TFYouThere

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

1. Madam can apply in her maiden name. It is permissible. My passport has been renews in ma maiden name nd that's what I'm still using. The descicion to change the name is a personal one and does not affect visa issuance
2. There will also be no difference in outcome. Whether you pick vacation or honeymoon as purpose of trip, the primary consideration still remains your ties. If the vo is satisfied with your ties, you can state that you are just going to charge your phone
To spend that much just to charge phone @LadyG no go kill me with laughter
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
Please oooo Xmas is around the corner... Make una cool down oooo ''NO FIGHTING''
Anyway my own is that the truth may not get you visa now but it will get you visa at the right time... I still insist that you need to read your DS160 form very well before filling it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by berryice(f): 11:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hi everyone..pls I need help I have neva travelled befr..but planing to travel to the US don't knw how to go about it...actually I ve someone dah is an American citizen..but I wanna stay dere permanently,don't knw wah to do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 30, 2016
berryice:
Hi everyone..pls I need help I have neva travelled befr..but planing to travel to the US don't knw how to go about it...actually I ve someone dah is an American citizen..but I wanna stay dere permanently,don't knw wah to do

Okay, you're in the wrong thread!

This right here is a visit visa thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by berryice(f): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2016
DMeanMan:

ok Tnk u so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by berryice(f): 9:12am On Nov 30, 2016
DMeanMan:

pls can I pm u? Wanna ask some questions
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrmofasa(m): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
Hello House,
Reading these threads have been enlightening. I had an interview sometimes last week.
Okay, I prayed and fasted but I also did plenty research. Chose an early morning appointment (7:15am) because of work and dressed in my office garb - suit and tie. Because it was a very hot morning, I just hung the suit on my arm and went through the process. Surprisingly, I was calm.

Here's a transcript of my interview.

Me: Hello. Good morning.
Visa Officer(VO): So why do you want to visit the US?
Me: I want to visit my uncle. I also plan to visit the *****, spend some time in the Museum District, see places like the Museum for Natural Sciences, Fine and Contemporary Art, *****, then see the USS Texas. It is under renovation at the moment but hopefully when I go in March, the renovations would have been concluded. I would also like to see the Milton Outdoor Theatre because I have not had that experience before.
VO: Have you travelled before?
Me: Yes.
VO: Where?
Me: Singapore once, India twice, Ghana twice
VO: What do you do?
Me: I am a ****** with ******
VO: How long have you worked there?
Me: This is my third year.
VO: Are you married?
Me: Not yet. But I have a mom whom I am partially responsible for. I am an only child and she has been a single mom for as long as I can remember (true).
VO: Thank you. You can pick up your passport in 3 days. The information you need are written on this sheet. (Passes me a white sheet of paper)
Me: Thank you and have a good day.

I was out of the Embassy before 8am. My full day was ahead of me!!

All glory to God. Special appreciation to the active members of the thread LadyG, seyewest etc.
Most especially to all those silent readers who share their stories, keep reading and sharing.

20 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
mrmofasa:
Hello House,
Reading these threads have been enlightening. I had an interview sometimes last week.
Okay, I prayed and fasted but I also did plenty research. Chose an early morning appointment (7:15am) because of work and dressed in my office garb - suit and tie. Because it was a very hot morning, I just hung the suit on my arm and went through the process. Surprisingly, I was calm.

Here's a transcript of my interview.

All glory to God. Special appreciation to the active members of the thread LadyG, seyewest etc.
Most especially to all those silent readers who share their stories, keep reading and sharing.

Best Transcript so far... You got everything on spot.. This should be a reference point... Congrats by the way... You rock... Don't forget to share your POE experience and transcript with us. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by esseycoy(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
gud day everyone pls I need gurus here to elighten me, Is dir anytin like non appearance visiting visa. one of my friend jst introduce somebody to me and d guy told me about us a visa non apperance and it goes for 1.2m pls I need comment if it's possible or not
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Drazeen(m): 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

It is ok to want to visit different places at different times.
You should know why you want to visit that location however. Its not for nairalanders to tell you why. Something must have prompted you to decide to visit a location.
Read the transcripts. Get a feel of the process and be yourself. Fake and rehearsed answers irks any sane person

@olu yes . You may both apply together with different names. Many have done so. Read this thread well

Hi, please I'm having my interview soon. Please can you help me with the passport photo format to be submitted? I mean the size.

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrmofasa(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
Drazeen:

Hi, please I'm having my interview soon. Please can you help me with the passport photo format to be submitted? I mean the size.

Thanks.
If you are referring to the passport you will take with you to the embassy, any size will do.

However, your DS-160 requires a passport with a specific format (which can be seen when filling the DS-160.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
esseycoy:
gud day everyone pls I need gurus here to elighten me, Is dir anytin like non appearance visiting visa. one of my friend jst introduce somebody to me and d guy told me about us a visa non apperance and it goes for 1.2m pls I need comment if it's possible or not
Hnmmmmmmmmmm it does not exist except you hold a diplomatic passport, don't allow them to 419 you ooo....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by esseycoy(m): 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
seyewest:
Hnmmmmmmmmmm it does not exist, don't allow them to 419 you ooo....
ok, tank u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ragolis13: 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
esseycoy:

Of course it's possible, but is not very common, they usually package it with those people traveling on an official assignment, like the government parastatals, you don't have to appear at the embassy for that, but the visa duration is only 6Months and I guess you'll be having your Bio metrics done at the Port of entry and you'll be stamped 3Months or less, I know someone that traveled to the US with that like 3years ago, but you should be very careful and be sure the offer is really genuine.. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.