Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538602 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
getostar:

@seyewest, pardon my naivity, i'm a 1st time traveller. The only reason I am considering landing @nyc is the cost. I could save as much as 200k+ if I do so. I have read of some being turned back at the POE and don't want to experience such. Do u then feel my tellin them the decision to fly to NYC first was because of the cost is weighty enough for the strictest personnel to waive such. My final destination is about 3hrs from nyc.‎
My conference was in Atlanta but I came in through JFK all they asked for was my domestic ticket to Atlanta.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olantua: 1:50pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hello house.....visa was approved on Thursday, transcript uploaded. Please can anyone help with the description to the gss document collection center in VI? I'm not a lagosian. Please help before I loss for road tomorrow

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
seyewest:

My conference was in Atlanta but I came in through JFK all they asked for was my domestic ticket to Atlanta.

Ok. Great.
I'm guessing it can be a one-way ticket.
Tnx, now I can have more money to shop with
*winks*
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
seyewest:
I see them but most time they do airport change or take you through countries you need to have at least transit visa just to pass through.

NOPE
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lonzo(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Full transcript

Warning: unless you're driving down don't go with electronic devices

phones
earpiece
bank tokens
etc

or else you pay 1k for storage

2. don't listen to any of those touts, your documents checklist have been stated here

ds 160 confirmation page
Interview appointment letter
gtbank receipt
International Passport
2 Passport photographs
and the rest are personal docs if you want to carry, I didn't carry any

Those touts will come to you to tell you to make photocopy of your bio data page on your passport that it will be used for biometric .. FAT LIE that's another 1k
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lonzo(m): 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
now to my transcript

after all checks and biometric

VO : Goodmorning, what brings you to the embassy
Me: going for my vacation
VO: Vocation?
Me: * thinking hope say this my waffi tongue no go dull me today* switch mode to phonetics straight. ' replied Vacation
VO: oh ok nice
VO: starts typing, have you traveled before
Me: yes I have been to the UK, Netherlands
VO: so tell me about your work
Me: I am the business project manager of my firm
VO: can you explain your role in the firm
Me: I am responsible for the SWOT analysis of all investments coming into the firm and also been sent out, also responsible for the Project design and WBS for all our LPG plant installation, I also monitor the projects from start to completion
VO: So your firm is like in the Oil sector
Me: yes it is an oil and gas firm with major concentration on LPG facilities
VO: do your firm operate an LPG plant or you sell, or just tell me about any of the Projects you handled
Me: * na here I laugh say VO has come to swim in my river * started explaining the breakdown of how to get an LPG plant working for design specification, to acquiring licenses to the building, fabrication of materials and meeting all standards set.( VO face lit up when I said licenses don't know why sha)
VO: did you get this job through and open application or you know someone there
Me: Open application ma
VO: you're kind of your young to be doing all these
Me: *from here I knew coast is clear* replied well been working since I left school
VO: I will be issuing your visa and brings out white paper
Me: just smiled and said thanks

that's how sleep come catch me on my way home,

my people go and get your visa and flex jare. lonzo signing out

texas, new york here I come.

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ajebutteroteh(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
lonzo:
now to my transcript

Me: * thinking hope say this my waffi tongue no go dull me today* switch mode to phonetics straight. ' replied Vacation
Me: I am responsible for the SWOT analysis of all investments coming into the firm and also been sent out, also responsible for the Project design and WBS for all our LPG plant installation, I also monitor the projects from start to completion
VO: do your firm operate an LPG plant or you sell, or just tell me about any of the Projects you handled
Me: * na here I laugh say VO has come to swim in my river * started explaining the breakdown of how to get an LPG plant working for design specification, to acquiring licenses to the building, fabrication of materials and meeting all standards set.( VO face lit up when I said licenses don't know why sha)
Me: *from here I knew coast is clear* replied well been working since I left school

Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
lonzo:
now to my transcript

Congrats bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
getostar:

Ok. Great.
I'm guessing it can be a one-way ticket.
Tnx, now I can have more money to shop with
*winks*

Sometimes, a return ticket will be cheaper than two one way tickets. Check well, especially if you already know the date you will connect back to New York.

Safe travels.

Emirates is offering $1100 approx to NY today (Global sales- till 18th Jan. for travel between 16 Jan to 15 June). Typically their online Naira prices should reflect. Check their conditions sha: the funny people may limit baggage allowance.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
lonzo:
now to my transcript

Congrats!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Alternatively.
Colonize the corner of one area, preferably near where the sockets are. Make sure you carry adaptor, you will make many friends through this (your new friends, will come in handy, when nature calls and you need to leave your kingdom). Frown your face at anyone trying, to waylay your little kingdom. Keep your hand luggage as pillow or as leg rest. Invite a fellow Nigerian, to discuss things only a Nigerian will appreciate

I remember using my laptop at airport, about 4 people come at once to use USB port to charge they phone, I drink free drink for they head, use the lounge free Wi-Fi download movie full my laptop, honestly if not in rush I like stop over flight.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
seyewest:

please how do you get a domestic flight ticket, do you book it from here or when you get to JFK ?. person need to get full knowledge of this. thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
def111:

please how do you get a domestic flight ticket, do you book it from here or when you get to JFK ?. person need to get full knowledge of this. thanks

expedia it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
I tap into your blessing bro
lonzo:
now to my transcript

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
olantua:
Hello house.....visa was approved on Thursday, transcript uploaded. Please can anyone help with the description to the gss document collection center in VI? I'm not a lagosian. Please help before I loss for road tomorrow

The DHL office is on Muri Okunola Street. If getting to VI by public transport, you can get a Keke from many parts of VI to take you there. If driving from the mainland or from Ajah, head towards Mobil House on Ozumba Mbadiwe: Muri Okunola is two streets away behind Mobil House and you can stop at the Mobil Filling station beside Mobil House to ask for directions.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 10:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
def111:

You can do either. If you buy it from here (likely the cheaper option), give yourself a lot of time between when you arrive and when your connecting flight will leave (in case of any delays).

About buying it on arrival, I don't know about US airports (yet), but in many countries, you can find airlines desk/office within the airport. I guess you will want to buy it before reaching the CBP.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
bigbus:

Sometimes, a return ticket will be cheaper than two one way tickets. Check well, especially if you already know the date you will connect back to New York.

Safe travels.

Emirates is offering $1100 approx to NY today (Global sales- till 18th Jan. for travel between 16 Jan to 15 June). Typically their online Naira prices should reflect. Check their conditions sha: the funny people may limit baggage allowance.

Makes sense.
Tnx man.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by holysinner01: 6:54am On Jan 10, 2017
Good morning, is it possible to take a different passport photograph fromthe one i uploaded online to the embassy or do i have to take the same passport photograph??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ralfoosha: 7:39am On Jan 10, 2017
olantua:
Uber will be your safest best. Where is thy transcript sir/ma? Tnx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ralfoosha: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2017
holysinner01:
Good morning, is it possible to take a different passport photograph fromthe one i uploaded online to the embassy or do i have to take the same passport photograph??
You can use any recent passport photograph (I guess with a specific dimension)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vitus101: 9:23am On Jan 10, 2017
Just got back from the US consulate. Here's my transcript:
Vo: Good morning
Moi: Good morning
Vo: Why are you going to the US
Moi: My brother is getting married
Vo: Are you married?
Moi : Yes
Vo: Do you kids?
Moi: We are expecting our first child
Vo: Sorry you're not qualified...

I dunno what went wrong.. House, what is wrong ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
Did u apply alone?

When asked if you have a kid, so long as the kid hasn't yet been born, the answer is no, if you say yes, where is the birth certificate? You get?

Have you been rejected before?

Why are you going to the US? My brother is getting married (very weak answer, better to have said, you are representing his family from Nigeria in your brother's wedding and that you guys have been close since childhood).

I hope your brother is in the US legally?

vitus101:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BedLam: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hello pls I mistakenly deleted my application number from my note pad. How do we get it back to log back in and complete the form ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2017
vitus101:

IMO, you did nothing wrong
An unborn child is a tie
Going for a wedding is a purpose
I hve been here long enough to see the trend change. Back in the day, vos were ok with marriage alone. But your naija brethren have been flying withour perching so the vos are now shooting and reloading at the same time; no stopping!
I am not your vo. Don't know about your job, lenght of work, salary or travel history. The vo saw all these and was not satisfied. The day the vo will be ok with your ties, you can even have ' to touch the empire state building ' as your purpose.
Pele.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
It won't be bad if wikileaks can ehmm 'accidentally' hack into the US Embassy in Nigeria and leak the reasons, why the VO's deny people. grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lucas101: 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
I once tried the diversity visa way back in 2012 with a wrong date of birth n now my passport bears the correct date of birth. I did not win in d lottery but now 2017, married with kids and a good job n wants to attend a conference in Georgia. Do I stand, will my past error not haunt me. Plz advice

@Seyewest
@kaptainAfrika
@ladyG
@All who knows
@lagosNIV
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vitus101: 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
Thanks LadyG .. I remember now, he asked if I have ever traveled outa Nigeria and I told him I have been to two countries in Africa.. Tanzania and Ghana. That was before he asked abt my marital status. Tanzania was work related and Ghana was personal. Do you think I need to have more travel history before I reapply? But my brother's wedding is in Feb.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
lucas101:
I once tried the diversity visa way back in 2012 with a wrong date of birth n now my passport bears the correct date of birth. I did not win in d lottery but now 2017, married with kids and a good job n wants to attend a conference in Georgia. Do I stand, will my past error not haunt me. Plz advice

@Seyewest
@kaptainAfrika
@ladyG
@All who knows
@lagosNIV

Why did you tried the DV lottery with a wrong date of Birth?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
BedLam:
Hello pls I mistakenly deleted my application number from my note pad. How do we get it back to log back in and complete the form ?
Go to your appointment profile and get it there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lucas101: 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
seyewest:

Why did you tried the DV lottery with a wrong date of Birth?

I listened to all sorts of input if asked I want to come out with the truth that I listened to all sorts of input. How far will my plea go
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
lucas101:

Hope it was not entered knowingly? Since you were not picked for the Diversity Lottery, you seem to be in luck here. Apply, and sin no more.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vitus101: 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Did u apply alone?

When asked if you have a kid, so long as the kid hasn't yet been born, the answer is no, if you say yes, where is the birth certificate? You get?

Have you been rejected before?

Why are you going to the US? My brother is getting married (very weak answer, better to have said, you are representing his family from Nigeria in your brother's wedding and that you guys have been close since childhood).

I hope your brother is in the US legally?

Well, if I have a child of course I would have my child's birth certificate. Secondly, it's my first time at the embassy and Yes my brother is there legally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.