Stats: 3,152,618 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533772 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
seyewest:
Egypt Air
Los-JFK = 295K

Nothing will stop me from spending at least a week in U.S with these lovely price I'm seeing. grin grin grin
Oga, be mindful of winter oh. Enjoy your stay smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JulietteO(f): 11:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello all, please I'd like to procure a US permanent resident visa and I'm told I'll need a letter of invitation which I don't have..... please what can I do house?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 2:29am On Jan 13, 2017
JulietteO:
Hello all, please I'd like to procure a US permanent resident visa and I'm told I'll need a letter of invitation which I don't have..... please what can I do house?

Two ways - be sponsored by family members or by an employer. You cannot get a permanent resident visa on your own.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 2:39am On Jan 13, 2017
holysinner01:
Am a final year student of a private uni, planned t go on vacation with my aunt and her husband, they both had valid visas.
Transcript

V.O - why are u going to the us

Me : going on vacation with my aunt and her husband

V.O - where are u going??

Me - orlando florida

V.O - how long are u staying for

Me - 3 weeks

V.O - why are u not going with ur mum??

Me - she has a lot on her hands right now and my aunt promised me if i made 4.5 GP in my last exams, she will take me on vacation

V.O - Are you single

Me- Yes( am suprised she asked this cuz am only 19 years)

V.O - How long are u staying( she asked again)

Me - 3 weeks

V.o - sorry blah blah ( blue paper)

People that said 10 days were given visas but 3weeks, 4 weeks were given blue paper.

Now i dont know if i should re apply and change duration to 10 days.
Am so sad cuz every thing i said was true and i was still denied.

I feel quite sorry for you. It seems to me that you should be a genuine candidate for a visa. I was in the very same spot you were when i got my first US visa - 19, just finishing my 4th year in college and going for a vacation on the invite of my aunt. I got the visa without much ado. But that was just a few years ago, things have certainly changed since then... and much of it has to do with Nigerians themselves. People lie blatantly at the embassy... you all claim you have ties and will return but end up never doing so. Fake documents, false reasons for traveling... i don't blame the VOs... theirs is a hard job. How can you tell who is genuine from the liars?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:59am On Jan 13, 2017
TWoods:

I feel quite sorry for you. It seems to me that you should be a genuine candidate for a visa. I was in the very same spot you were when i got my first US visa - 19, just finishing my 4th year in college and going for a vacation on the invite of my aunt. I got the visa without much ado. But that was just a few years ago, things have certainly changed since then... and much of it has to do with Nigerians themselves. People lie blatantly at the embassy... you all claim you have ties and will return but end up never doing so. Fake documents, false reasons for traveling... i don't blame the VOs... theirs is a hard job. How can you tell who is genuine from the liars?
Nwanne Naija has changed
Before, married folks got visas one hand
Before , being a student was a tie
Before, once you could afford it, birthing visas came kpa kpa kpa
Before, NY poe was bae
Before, US visa was 29k.
Before, ud rarely hear that folks got called in for interviews or were refused during dropbox renewal.
And you are right. Nigerians themselves caused it

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by crisycent: 8:48am On Jan 13, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Go thru the form first

Lady G! Please does this mean I will have to create two profile for her and the daughter?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by holysinner01: 9:07am On Jan 13, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@holysinner sorry about the refusal
And your refusal isn't about you wanting to stay 3 weeks. I have never filled more than 3 weeks for any visa application. Your refusal is about lack of ties.
I gave you a VERY subtle hint a while ago. You are 19, not married, no job. You are not travelling for a life and death matter.
I know a 25 year old who's going to do his ist degree. So at 19 , one can easily a) get another admission or b) get married.
Do not bother reappplying. The outcome will not be different.

@lady G Thanks, am thinking of going to france instead but i dont seem to see any schengen thread on nairaland and how to process it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by spikearlo: 9:13am On Jan 13, 2017
spikearlo:
Thumbs up for all the good work!. I am qualified for the drop box. After filling out the ds160 and making the necessary payment for visa application fee,do i have to schedule an appointment to use the drop box or i should just send the ds160confirmation page , visa payment receipt and int'l passport and supporting doument through designated dhl. thanks
pls assist me! lady Geeeee,seye west. abeg
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:35am On Jan 13, 2017
spikearlo:

Some questions are left unanswered because it is clear the poster haas not done any previous research or has not even gone through the process to check the options.
When you log into your profile, follow the prompts for dropbox application. No appointment date is needed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:15am On Jan 13, 2017
crisycent:

Lady G! Please does this mean I will have to create two profile for her and the daughter?

Are you the primary applicant? If yes; you'll have to add your dependent (daughter) when scheduling your appointment. Follow the instruction from where you'll see "Add by name" click and add your dependent. Both of you will be interviewed as family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by crisycent: 10:32am On Jan 13, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:

Are you the primary applicant? If yes; you'll have to add your dependent (daughter) when scheduling your appointment. Follow the instruction from where you'll see "Add by name" click and add your dependent. Both of you will be interviewed as family.

Thank you sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Nwanne Naija has changed
Before, married folks got visas one hand
Before , being a student was a tie
Before, once you could afford it, birthing visas came kpa kpa kpa
Before, NY poe was bae
Before, US visa was 29k.
Before, ud rarely hear that folks got called in for interviews or were refused during dropbox renewal.
And you are right. Nigerians themselves caused it

@LADYG na real old skool... visa at N29K and we complained like mad when it was that amount.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
spikearlo:

yes you should take the document to DHL
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
@Spikearlo; this may be of help. However, do read up, the thread is replete with answers to your question. Happy New Year y'all! Seye, LadyG, Tzetzefly, etc I greet una oh. @Twoods, I dey like you and your views sha oh, but you resemble person wey i be like too wey somehow disappear from this thread come show with another moniker for mi eyes sha oh!
OmoBendel24:

Okay, will help thee. Just fill and be done with your DS160 stuff, then attempt to follow the interview scheduling thing, answer the questions as they come, if your answers qualifies you for dropbox the system will generate a Dropbox Confirmation slip for you and allow you input the receipt number for a non-existent interview. Print the slip and your DS160 confirmation page, take these along with your international passport and passport size photograph to the DHL office you chose and submit for onward transmission to the US Embassy. Once your visa is ready you will be notified to pick up from DHL, just as you may also be asked to come in for an interview.

N.B.
Don't forget to change the old DS160 number to the current one in your profile as you do all of these o

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZennyOlabode(f): 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pls I wanna ask this..
My husband went for an interview at the embassy in Lagos and was approved on a Wednesday and till Friday he's yet to get an email so as to go pick his passport up in DHL office. What can we do pls??
And he has a misunderstanding with a frnd that claims to works in the embassy who threatened he'll put a STOP to the Visa process. Now I'm scared,is it possible and can he get access to do anything bad even after the Visa was approved??
Pls help me out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
ZennyOlabode:
Pls I wanna ask this..
My husband went for an interview at the embassy in Lagos and was approved on a Wednesday and till Friday he's yet to get an email so as to go pick his passport up in DHL office. What can we do pls??
And he has a misunderstanding with a frnd that claims to works in the embassy who threatened he'll put a STOP to the Visa process. Now I'm scared,is it possible and can he get access to do anything bad even after the Visa was approved??
Pls help me out

He can track his visa online
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
ZennyOlabode:
Pls I wanna ask this..
Pls help me out
He he hee! #agentthingz
Forgive me for laughing o!
My dear. Anybody can stop the issuance of a visa. As simple as sending an email...
But the pertinent question is; does your husband have any reason to be worried? If his hands are clean then ish no dey. If on the other hand he haff do one thing one thing when be misrepresentation then be very afraid
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZennyOlabode(f): 2:19pm On Jan 13, 2017
Oh really?? Pls tell me how,I can do that for him or send him the link to track..
Thank you so much

He can track his visa online[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZennyOlabode(f): 2:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lol.. pls feel free to laugh oo..
He has no reason to be worried and everything is clean.
He he hee! #agentthingz
My dear. Anybody can stop the issuance of a visa. As simple as sending an email...
But the pertinent question is; does your husband have any reason to be worried? If his hands are clean then ish no dey. If on the other hand he haff do one thing one thing when be misrepresentation then be very afraid[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:38pm On Jan 13, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

He he hee! #agentthingz
But the pertinent question is; does your husband have any reason to be worried? If his hands are clean then ish no dey. If on the other hand he haff do one thing one thing when be misrepresentation then be very afraid

Lolz! I somehow just feel the hunter here is the likely greedy "agent" @Immigration1on the VO's NIV thread.... I for like make una cast una sef sha oh @Immigration1 and @ZennyOlabode make wetin una do for darkness for come to light. Kikikikikiii! Make una kontunu. Una berra go "serve" the guy juju with "the sacrifice" make him calm down or push am enter kasala sharperly before him craze enter market, seems an injured lion is let loose on you guyz now. #AVeryBadAndNonsenseSomebori

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
OmoBendel24:
@Spikearlo; this may be of help. However, do read up, the thread is replete with answers to your question. Happy New Year y'all! Seye, LadyG, Tzetzefly, etc I greet una oh. @Twoods, I dey like you and your views sha oh, but you resemble person wey i be like too wey somehow disappear from this thread come show with another for mi eyes sha oh!

Happy New Year Bro...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2017
OmoBendel24:
@Spikearlo; this may be of help. However, do read up, the thread is replete with answers to your question. Happy New Year y'all! Seye, LadyG, Tzetzefly, etc I greet una oh. @Twoods, I dey like you and your views sha oh, but you resemble person wey i be like too wey somehow disappear from this thread come show with another for mi eyes sha oh!

A Happy New Year to you too wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
This friend that has the power to stop and start visa processes, please report him to the Lagos consulate office, ASAP.

ZennyOlabode:
Pls I wanna ask this..
Pls help me out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by spikearlo: 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2017
@omobendel ,lady Geee, tzetzefly thanks to y'all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by crisycent: 6:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
Please o! What is receipt number? I paid the visa fee today at GTB and was given transaction reference but there was no "AA" but on the website it says it should begin with the AA and 8 digit code.

Is receipt number different?

Please urgent help needed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by crisycent: 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
I don enta yawa!!! I scheduled an appointment before filling the ds160 form. I thought I could submit the form anytime. What should I do??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ola2017: 9:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
seyewest:

@LADYG na real old skool... visa at N29K and we complained like mad when it was that amount.

Hi. I'm new here. Really don't know if I'm posting it the right way.
My question is... can I renew my b1/b2 US visa 3 months b4 expiry?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ola2017:
[color=#000099][/color]

Hi. I'm new here. Really don't know if I'm posting it the right way.
My question is... can I renew my b1/b2 US visa 3 months b4 expiry?

Yes, you can.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by influential1(m): 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
chloe7:
have you read back the thread or searched Google at all?

hello
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:43am On Jan 14, 2017
crisycent:
I don enta yawa!!! I scheduled an appointment before filling the ds160 form. I thought I could submit the form anytime. What should I do??

Apparently, this is not your first time applying for a US visa. How did you schedule an appointment without entering your DS-160 Number? This can only be possible if you've already created and updated your profile. Perhaps you carelessly proceeded using the old DS-160 number you have in your profile without editing it to the current one which is only possible when you start a new application.

Each time you start an application, a new DS-160 number will be generated to you, therefore the DS-160 number on the appointment confirmation must be the same with what you have on the application confirmation otherwise you'll not be admitted to the consulate/embassy for the interview.

If you've already schedule an appointment using the old DS-160 number; it can only be edited by GCI.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by crisycent: 7:35am On Jan 14, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:

Apparently, this is not your first time applying for a US visa. How did you schedule an appointment without entering your DS-160 Number? This can only be possible if you've already created and updated your profile. Perhaps you carelessly proceeded using the old DS-160 number you have in your profile without editing it to the current one which is only possible when you start a new application.

Each time you start an application, a new DS-160 number will be generated to you, therefore the DS-160 number on the appointment confirmation must be the same with what you have on the application confirmation otherwise you'll not be admitted to the consulate/embassy for the interview.

If you've already schedule an appointment using the old DS-160 number; it can only be edited by GCI.

This is the first time. I have cancelled the appointment and I am filling the ds160 form now. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:41am On Jan 14, 2017
Here is a wonderful Idea, if you have been successful in your visa application and you are asking for help, please quote your transcript when asking for help, or tips you used when you applied. And if you haven't posted your transcript or your tips, please do that, before asking for help.

Lets do MMM for help - PH and GH. grin

where PH - Provide Help and GH - Give Help

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80