Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534671 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
burgessdon:
Please ,I want to confirm if the embassy still accept ds 160 confirmation page without uploaded pic on it. ...i tried uploading mine but was unable to do it..
You must upload your passport if not they won't allow you in for interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leopower(m): 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
Get d specify size of 2by2 inch and it will work
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bravedude(m): 11:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
seyewest:
You must upload your passport if not they won't allow you in for interview.

That is not true they still allow for interview.Go with a passport photos they will help u scan it at the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 11:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
@seyewest, ladyG, all,
Need help pls.
Oh yes, I'm still in school so pls help me how i will it up till date.
Also, do you mean i start from University-Secondary OR Secondary-University?
I'll be waiting.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
bravedude:

That is not true they still allow for interview.Go with a passport photos they will help I scan it at the embassy.

See @the highlighted part please.... Have you been there lately, and observed that which you are saying? Even the VOs on their thread are singing this as a song currently!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bravedude(m): 12:05am On Feb 15, 2017
Was there last week and I didn't upload passport, they helped me out at the embassy and my visa was approved.they still allow d160 without photo.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bravedude(m): 12:06am On Feb 15, 2017
OmoBendel24:

See @the highlighted part please.... Have you been there lately, and observed that which you are saying. Even the VOs on their thread are singing this as a song currently!

Yes I was there last week,they do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by smog1(m): 7:36am On Feb 15, 2017
Morning peeps, pls when are the right and advisable months to go for vacation in the US?
And pls, how do one knows he has been ban to apply for US visit visa?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry357: 8:03am On Feb 15, 2017
smog1:
Morning peeps, pls when are the right and advisable months to go for vacation in the US?
And pls, how do one knows he has been ban to apply for US visit visa?
Thanks

Anytime between January and December is advisable time.
You might do some research first before asking questions. America is a huge country with both summer and winter attractions.

I suggest that if you are asking questions about a ban that you know you have done something that merits one!
Best way to find out is to ask at the visa office.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 15, 2017
Is anyone here going for OTC?
Have you applied

Kindly respond

Thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:09am On Feb 15, 2017
bravedude:

That is not true they still allow for interview.Go with a passport photos they will help u scan it at the embassy.
that means those they returned on monday did not go to the real US embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2017
Kirri:
Is anyone here going for OTC?
Have you applied

Kindly respond

Thanks in anticipation

what is OTC
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
seyewest:
what is OTC

Offshore Technology Conference.... Houston, every May. Oil money dey show H-town this period wella! #Conduit

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dpresh(m): 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
Good Morning Beautiful People,
I am posting this from my hotel room in San Francisco, California.
Wanted to give back to this forum, in appreciation of the wonderful help I got here in making this trip possible.
Immense thanks to all the gurus in the house---LadyGuinivere, OmoBendel24, Justwise etc...

My Visa application that was placed on 'Administrative Processing' was finally approved and issued after two weeks.
I already posted transcript of my interview at Abuja earlier on this thread (on page 300).
I got my passport 3 days after the approval, and quickly got a flight on Travelstart. Turkish Airlines.
The two weeks Administrative Processing really affected my travel plans as I didn't know what the eventual outcome would be.
We arrived San Francisco on Sunday, 12th Feb (the conference starts Monday, 13th), and there was no issue whatsoever at POE.
The lady simply asked for my purpose of visit (IT Conference and IBM Summit), how long I intend to stay (10 days), and how much cash I have ($2,100 and my Credit Cards). That's all. She said that's cool, and stamped me in for 6 months.
The first conference is ending on Friday (17th Feb), and IBM Connect Summit starts at the same venue on Monday (20th Feb), to end next Friday (24th Feb).
I'll visit a few friends, and then head back to Nigeria in March.

For those worried about POE issues, my take is that you just have to be composed and confident. Carry relevant IDs (work ID, Govt issued IDs, etc.), dress well, and answer all questions truthfully. Your entry will be smooth.
This is my first time in America, and I must confess it's a beautiful place.
God bless you all.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Offshore Technology Conference.... Houston, every May. Oil money dey show H-town this period wella! #Conduit
nice one.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
dpresh:
Good Morning Beautiful People,
I am posting this from my hotel room in San Francisco, California.
This is my first time in America, and I must confess it's a beautiful place.
God bless you all.
I'm happy for you and thank you for informing us that Nigerian can fly to the U.S with middle east airlines and turkish airline.
Have a nice stay.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by floboyza: 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
Guys getting this visa is only through divine favour. Pray and trust God, be honest and you will get this visa with ease.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bravedude(m): 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2017
seyewest:
that means those they returned on monday did not go to the real US embassy.

Really,Wowi was lucky then,they did mine for me early this month.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Funjay(m): 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2017
Please I need help,
I have finished submission of our DS 160 form [me and wiffy] before I saw the latest instruction on compulsory passport upload. What can I do as I can no longer edit the form after submission. I tried to create another DS 160 profile and made attempt to update the new DS 160 number generated on my interview appointment page but it's only giving me option to update my own without bringing my wife information page. My interview is on the 27th Feb. Pls help a brother.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zulee: 10:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
Dear VO,

I got a US visa in Feb 2014, didn't travel that year cos I got pregnant n lost the baby with a complication. Got pregnant again after 2 months and decided to have the baby in US Aug 2015. Paid all my bills. Visa expired Feb 2016, applied Jan 2017 but was denied because the VO wondered why I didn't travel in 2014, explained to him what happened. Showed him my receipt from the hospital but he complained it showed "pending final bill" and that's all I got. He also raised that in 2014 I said I wasnt going to seek for medical, I explained what led to that. Was surprised when he said we didn't qualify. Refused my husband and son too. I want to have a baby mid 2017 in the US. What do you advice pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyTomi: 12:25am On Feb 16, 2017
burgessdon:
email them. ..they will send you a temporary password... They just resolved a similar case for me now. .

Thanks guys, I just gave it a try this evening an it went without requesting for temporary password, I clicked on create new user and it scheduled successfully
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyTomi: 12:36am On Feb 16, 2017
burgessdon:
Please ,I want to confirm if the embassy still accept ds 160 confirmation page without uploaded pic on it. ...i tried uploading mine but was unable to do it..

1st try getting the correct size 2x2,
2ndly ensure the quality of the passport is good(my baby's passport was rejected at first cos it was over edited and the white background became blury)
3rdly try getting the right body measurement in the passport, I think the head is not suppose to be more than 1" (my baby's 2nd passport was also rejected the second time because her head occupied most of the space). So I Google for the right mesurement/dimension and worked on her passport to fit that with her head not more than 60% if the photo and it worked.

The rejection of passport always comes with an error message at the top, read the message and correct your passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 2:28am On Feb 16, 2017
zulee:
Dear VO,

I got a US visa in Feb 2014, didn't travel that year cos I got pregnant n lost the baby with a complication. Got pregnant again after 2 months and decided to have the baby in US Aug 2015. Paid all my bills. Visa expired Feb 2016, applied Jan 2017 but was denied because the VO wondered why I didn't travel in 2014, explained to him what happened. Showed him my receipt from the hospital but he complained it showed "pending final bill" and that's all I got. He also raised that in 2014 I said I wasnt going to seek for medical, I explained what led to that. Was surprised when he said we didn't qualify. Refused my husband and son too. I want to have a baby mid 2017 in the US. What do you advice pls?

When you got your first visa, you must have indicated it was for vacation... you didn't, rather you traveled to have a baby. This is one of the reasons i speak about the "excuses" people give here. That VO has heard your "explanation" 20.000 times before... What you did is called abuse of a visa.

My advice is that you have your baby in Nigeria. There are hospitals there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 2:29am On Feb 16, 2017
bravedude:
Was there last week and I didn't upload passport, they helped me out at the embassy and my visa was approved.they still allow d160 without photo.

Sigh... the day Nigerians decide to follow simple instructions...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:04am On Feb 16, 2017
TWoods:

When you got your first visa, you must have indicated it was for vacation... you didn't, rather you traveled to have a baby. This is one of the reasons i speak about the "excuses" people give here. That VO has heard your "explanation" 20.000 times before... What you did is called abuse of a visa.

Chai! Shebi worry has corrupted you? grin grin why hast thou becam harsh? cheesy

@zulee post this in the appriorpate forum. Lemme add my 15kobo. All hope never loss sha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bogolobango(m): 8:09am On Feb 16, 2017
Americans visa wey people dey go cele Church find Na him You come get free of charge No Use Am dey One kind excuse abg try Canada abg that Usa visa dey hard for You to get or make You kuku go born for Osogbo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cally26: 8:34am On Feb 16, 2017
Hello guys, God will reward you for the wonderful work you are doing here. I am attending a conference in march and have my appointment scheduled for 1st March, but the issue is this, I did not have my passport uploaded while filling my DS-160 as I plan to bring it along on the interview date. Now hearing of the new instruction of compulsory passport upload, I tried to retrieve my application to upload it but since it is more than 30days I submitted my form, it can't be retrieved. What do I do guys please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by milayo(f): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2017
Good morning guys... please I need your advice. myself , husband and our 17months old son travelled to south Africa early January for a 9days vacation although we intend going last year Christmas period but couldn't due to some reasons. Now we intend applying for US visa in March but we don't know if it's not too early considering the fact that we just came back from one vacation.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by buchhogonzalez(m): 9:14am On Feb 16, 2017
cally26:
Hello guys, God will reward you for the wonderful work you are doing here. I am attending a conference in march and have my appointment scheduled for 1st March, but the issue is this, I did not have my passport uploaded while filling my DS-160 as I plan to bring it along on the interview date. Now hearing of the new instruction of compulsory passport upload, I tried to retrieve my application to upload it but since it is more than 30days I submitted my form, it can't be retrieved. What do I do guys please?

Good day,
I have filled the Ds160 form and scheduled and appointment... Is it possible to access the submit DS 160 form for personal review purpose before my interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zulee: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2017
[quote author=TWoods post=53754814]

Well it's not up to you where I would give birth fortunately!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunzo: 9:58am On Feb 16, 2017
I entered US through Washington DC airport yesterday with my wife for the first time I will give detail about the POE later.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:02am On Feb 16, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Chai! Shebi worry has corrupted you? grin grin why hast thou becam harsh? cheesy

@zulee post this in the appriorpate forum. Lemme add my 15kobo. All hope never loss sha

Lolz! Twood na 'jaguda' like @Worry na cheesy no chill pill at all, badt gon! 'Wikeed somborees' dem

Abeg, hep we sista sha, for me, her excuse fit be cooked but e no bad like that (there was time in between and the complications could have understandably changed the tide you know), na only say that holiday wey we people dey refuse to first go before dem go back for birthing no dey make matas gel at all, e dey cause unnecessary kasala for demsef and area.

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.