Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535237 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:00am On Feb 16, 2017
Try Canada. Only problem is the length of application. And the difference in getting a doctor.

[quote author=zulee post=53760296][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Terminalia(f): 11:27am On Feb 16, 2017
hello house, pls i needn your advice. im atlanta bound but i have not been getting good deals for direct flight as they are very expensive. a friend is suggesting i go through new york. pls advise on which is cheaper and also on how to get reasonble flight tickets. thank u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Terminalia(f): 11:30am On Feb 16, 2017
Hello house. Thanks for the good works, I must tell that I learnt a lot from here. DH n I went to our interview on the 8th of february and below is the transcript:
Vo: hello, passports please. So why are u going to the US
Dh: Vacation
Vo: OK, where do work
Dh: I work wt bla bla n my duties are.........
Vo: What server does your company use (DH is an engineer)
DH: (told him)
Vo: so what is the most challenging part of your job
Dh: (didn't hear that so I spoke)
Me: told him
Vo:hmmm seems you know a lot about your husband's job, is he a supervisor
DH n I : no
Vo: (to me) so u work with beep as a customer service officer, tell me what you do
Me.: told him
Vo: what is the most challenging part of your job
Vosadlooking surprised) why?
Me: well I have to make sure our ATM pays our customers
Vo: so you call your husband when the ATM is down right? (general laughter)
Me: No, we don't work with the same organization
Vo: do u have any contact in the US
Me: No, that's why we booked an hotel. U wanna see the confirmation
Vo: no. Any children yet?
DH n i: no
Vo: have traveled out for the country before
Vo: OK, pick up your visa on Monday.
He gave us d white paper n said some few things which I didn't hear.

Thanks Ladyguinevere, kaptainafrika and the rest. God bless y'all
P. S. Though I used an agent, I made sure he filled our forms with the truth( dh already paid him before I stumbled on this thread). He advised us to lie, that we should tell the vo that we have a kid but I declined. The truth always pays. I have made up my mind not to use an agent again, they might spoil one's chances.
Also, prayer works. We prayed like we didn't plan. We studied our ds-160 forms like we were to write an exam on it.
My observation: a lot of people were issued visa that day. Guess twas a good day at the embassy.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
cally26:
Hello guys, God will reward you for the wonderful work you are doing here. I am attending a conference in march and have my appointment scheduled for 1st March, but the issue is this, I did not have my passport uploaded while filling my DS-160 as I plan to bring it along on the interview date. Now hearing of the new instruction of compulsory passport upload, I tried to retrieve my application to upload it but since it is more than 30days I submitted my form, it can't be retrieved. What do I do guys please?
fill another form and inform them that you want to change your DS160 form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Lolz! Twood na 'jaguda' like @Worry na cheesy no chill pill at all, badt gon! 'Wikeed somborees' dem

Abeg, hep we sista sha, for me, her excuse fit be cooked but e no bad like that (there was time in between and the complications could have understandably changed the tide you know), na only say that holiday wey we people dey refuse to first go before dem go back for birthing no dey make matas gel at all, e dey cause unnecessary kasala for demsef and area.
exactly... they should fulfill the first reason they applied for the visa.. if it's for tourism or Conference before trying birthing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jenniferloyd86(f): 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
TWoods:

lol these threads are incredibly funny. grin The folarinstr guy is especially a clown.
Must u insult or be grieved just because u wanna contribute? People like LadG and co that have far better contribution than u don't even insult people. If u are not good with the question being asked or someone's situation, just walk away instead of forming mr knowitall here.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by julius99(m): 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
Congratulations...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jenniferloyd86(f): 12:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
TWoods:

How do you expect me to respond?
Man! U are just too rude and u need to be schooled! ok?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jenniferloyd86(f): 1:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Nwanne!
U woke up with fully loaded gun of bad mouth this morning o! grin
Shuooo! But every ascerbic comment has been spot on. Though I have seen former misrepresenters get visa subsequently by owing up #folarinstr
Pls talk to this little mind!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
jenniferloyd86:

Pls talk to this little mind!
Jenny sorry... it won't happen again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lrmush(m): 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
Guess it was the Chinese american that asked you this question. I was also asked the same questin. Congrats
Terminalia:
Hello house. Thanks for the good works, I must tell that I learnt a lot from here. DH n I went to our interview on the 8th of february and below is the transcript:
Vo: hello, passports please. So why are u going to the US
Dh: Vacation
Vo: OK, where do work
Dh: I work wt bla bla n my duties are.........
Vo: What server does your company use (DH is an engineer)
DH: (told him)
Vo: so what is the most challenging part of your job
Dh: (didn't hear that so I spoke)
Vo:hmmm seems you know a lot about your husband's job, is he a supervisor
DH n I : no
Vo: (to me) so u work with beep as a customer service officer, tell me what you do
Me.: told him
Vo: what is the most challenging part of your job
Vosadlooking surprised) why?
Me: well I have to make sure our ATM pays our customers
Vo: so you call your husband when the ATM is down right? (general laughter)
Me: No, we don't work with the same organization
Vo: do u have any contact in the US
Me: No, that's why we booked an hotel. U wanna see the confirmation
Vo: no. Any children yet?
Vo: have traveled out for the country before
Vo: OK, pick up your visa on Monday.
He gave us d white paper n said some few things which I didn't hear.

Thanks Ladyguinevere, kaptainafrika and the rest. God bless y'all
P. S. Though I used an agent, I made sure he filled our forms with the truth( dh already paid him before I stumbled on this thread). He advised us to lie, that we should tell the vo that we have a kid but I declined. The truth always pays. I have made up my mind not to use an agent again, they might spoil one's chances.
Also, prayer works. We prayed like we didn't plan. We studied our ds-160 forms like we were to write an exam on it.
My observation: a lot of people were issued visa that day. Guess twas a good day at the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ruffcoin09(m): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
Anyone in Ruston Louisiana ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Funjay(m): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
seyewest:

fill another form and inform them that you want to change your DS160 form

thanks bro, my situation is related to this too. Please how do I get in touch with them? e-mail or phone contact? pls help me with the email address or the phone contact. I tried calling 014406218 but no option of speaking with a consultant to specifically address my concerns.

I have already filled a new DS 160 for me and my wife, on the Visa Interview profile, I can actually update my new DS 160 no but its not bringing my wife old DS 160 profile for me to update with the new one, that is why i need to contact them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2017
jenniferloyd86:

Man! U are just too rude and u need to be schooled! ok?

Please oblige me, you are?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pjnaira: 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2017
Bros. can you give me the link for the IT conference. I search most of the IT conference online, they are too expensive. I will await to read from you. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
Funjay:

thanks bro, my situation is related to this too. Please how do I get in touch with them? e-mail or phone contact? pls help me with the email address or the phone contact. I tried calling 014406218 but no option of speaking with a consultant to specifically address my concerns.

I have already filled a new DS 160 for me and my wife, on the Visa Interview profile, I can actually update my new DS 160 no but its not bringing my wife old DS 160 profile for me to update with the new one, that is why i need to contact them.

Play with the options given you on the call, one will finally lead you to someone that will speak to you, forgotten which is now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
Funjay:
use the feedback option in your profile page www.ustraveldocs.com

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pjnaira: 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hello.. I have been trying to search online for IT conference but most of the one i saw online are so expensive.. Do you have any link where i could get IT conference
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
jenniferloyd86:

Must u insult or be grieved just because u wanna contribute? People like LadG and co that have far better contribution than u don't even insult people. If u are not good with the question being asked or someone's situation, just walk away instead of forming mr knowitall here.

My love mbok no knock my head with Twood oo! Na my bobo la hoit be that ooooo!!! grin
And he makes brain a lot o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
ruffcoin09:
Anyone in Ruston Louisiana ?
ANy better
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ogodos(m): 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
My Birthday Was yesterday and I also had my interview yesterday at lagos embassy... There's one Guy at window 3, he just dashing out visa .. Please tell me my mistakes so i can learn... for i apply again.. I think i have to wait for 2years

Make sure you upload your Passport pic or else they wont allow you to go for interview

This How My Interview went ..

Vo: Have your travel of the country before?
Me: I have visited Dubai, Ivorycoast, South Africa
Vo: Why are you going to the US
Me: I going to spend my easter holiday with my uncle and his family, The vo didnt allow me to finish my words
Vo: How old are you?
Me: Im 24years old today
Vo: When will you be done with your study
Me: Next year
Vo: Do you work?
Me:No I study accounting at University of Ilorin 400l final year
Vo: You Married
Me: Im single
Vo: What courses do you take at school
Me: Xyz
Vo: sorry you didnt qualifer for the visa.. The vo told me try and work on your tie, you have a weak tie.. I was surprised..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 11:44pm On Feb 16, 2017
ogodos:
My Birthday Was yesterday and I also had my interview yesterday at lagos embassy... There's one Guy at window 3, he just dashing out visa .. Please tell me my mistakes so i can learn... for i apply again.. I think i have to wait for 2years

Sorry about the outcome of your visa interview, you do have a weak tie as your studies alone might not guarantee your return. I would suggest you finish your studies, start work and build your ties a bit more then re apply.

Also please no VO ever dashes out visa, they are trained to spot out deception, spot out genuine applicants etc. For what its worth the visa is paid for, so its not dashed either ways.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 12:48am On Feb 17, 2017
ogodos:

Make sure you upload your Passport pic or else they wont allow you to go for interview

Peeps can be funny when they say VO are dashing out visa, abeg na toy?

They ain't sleeping nor drunk man! They are well trained to do dem job.

Kindly work on your ties as said by constance 234. Cheers bro.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 5:13am On Feb 17, 2017
seyewest:

Normally if you read up the thread you will find answers to your question.. 1) No need to put anything for passport book number 2) You must fill your combined monthly income in local currency even if you're a business owner. 3) Yes tell them your role as owner and business man and explain your role... letter of introduction is not necessary but you may bring it along if you want. 4) Start with your University/poly degree... oh are you still in school?

@seyewest, ladyG, all,
Need help pls.
Oh yes, I'm still in school so pls help me how i fill it up till date.
Also, do you mean i start from University-Secondary OR Secondary-
University?
Do I print company's bank state or personal or both?
I'll be waiting.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 5:37am On Feb 17, 2017
ogodos:

Me: I going to spend my easter holiday with my uncle and his family, The vo didnt allow me to finish my words

Vo: sorry you didnt qualifer for the visa.. The vo told me try and work on your tie, you have a weak tie.. I was surprised..

24 years old, single, no job... the VO knows you will readily abandon your studies to stay in America if you got the opportunity. Graduate first, get a good job... then apply again.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 5:40am On Feb 17, 2017
pjnaira:
Bros. can you give me the link for the IT conference. I search most of the IT conference online, they are too expensive. I will await to read from you. Thanks

Are you searching for a "conference" as an excuse to leave the country or you really need the "conference" to better yourself at your job?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 5:46am On Feb 17, 2017
TWoods:

Are you searching for a "conference" as an excuse to leave the country or you really need the "conference" to better yourself at your job?
Use rope tie goat or use goat tie rope... as long as the goat do not escape all join.lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:51am On Feb 17, 2017
ogodos:

Happy birthday in arrears.
However, you indeed have weak ties. I believe. I told you to be objective in your self evalution nd I don't believe you were.
The truth is tht a 24 year old unmarried Nigerian student has no reason to come backm he can get admission in the us or marry. So your two year plan make sense. Finish school, serve, get a job...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:55am On Feb 17, 2017
cheldas:

@seyewest, ladyG, all,
Need help pls.
Oh yes, I'm still in school so pls help me how i fill it up till date.
Also, do you mean i start from University-Secondary OR Secondary-
University?
Do I print company's bank state or personal or both?
I'll be waiting.
Thanks
Plese fill just university.
Bank statement for what? Who needs it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by myke305: 11:30am On Feb 17, 2017
dpresh:
Good Morning Beautiful People,
I am posting this from my hotel room in San Francisco, California.
Wanted to give back to this forum, in appreciation of the wonderful help I got here in making this trip possible.
Immense thanks to all the gurus in the house---LadyGuinivere, OmoBendel24, Justwise etc...

My Visa application that was placed on 'Administrative Processing' was finally approved and issued after two weeks.
I already posted transcript of my interview at Abuja earlier on this thread (on page 300).
I got my passport 3 days after the approval, and quickly got a flight on Travelstart. Turkish Airlines.
The two weeks Administrative Processing really affected my travel plans as I didn't know what the eventual outcome would be.
We arrived San Francisco on Sunday, 12th Feb (the conference starts Monday, 13th), and there was no issue whatsoever at POE.
The lady simply asked for my purpose of visit (IT Conference and IBM Summit), how long I intend to stay (10 days), and how much cash I have ($2,100 and my Credit Cards). That's all. She said that's cool, and stamped me in for 6 months.
The first conference is ending on Friday (17th Feb), and IBM Connect Summit starts at the same venue on Monday (20th Feb), to end next Friday (24th Feb).
I'll visit a few friends, and then head back to Nigeria in March.

For those worried about POE issues, my take is that you just have to be composed and confident. Carry relevant IDs (work ID, Govt issued IDs, etc.), dress well, and answer all questions truthfully. Your entry will be smooth.
This is my first time in America, and I must confess it's a beautiful place.
God bless you all.
Good to know they approved your visa after the long wait Congrats........I went for my interview 2weeks ago and after the consular asked all the questions then he collected my passport and gave me a white paper with a reply that my case need to undergo administrative processing they will notify me email or phone when the administrative processing is completed. it's now 16 days of waiting but still no reply and nothing yet in my mailbox till this very moment. Please how did you get notified on your visa approval? I'm just confused and worried at the moment.......thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lyoncrescent: 11:49am On Feb 17, 2017
My brother in law is graduating from Yale Uni in May and he invited me with an invitation letter to attend his graduation though he also said his school insists it is not required for visa application. I work for a Federal Agency and earn 350k per month. Been working in this Agency for four years and i had my masters degree in the UK. I also visited the UK for vacation few years after my Masters Degree. I will be paying for my flight and accommodation and intend to stay for one week if i eventually attend his grad.However, i am weighing my options whether i should apply or not as i am not married and i dont know if that alone may disqualify me as not having enough ties. I really want to go for the Grad but being rejected based on marital status or the monthly income is my major concern. I know they dont often check statements or pay slips but this thread has proved that self evaluation is better so one doesn't waste visa application fees.Please advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:55am On Feb 17, 2017
Lyoncrescent:
My sister in law is graduating from Yale Uni in May and she invited me with an invitation letter though she also said her school insists it is not required for visa application. I work for a Federal Agency and earn 350k per month. Been working in this Agency for four years and i had my masters degree in the UK. I also visited the UK for vacation few years after my Masters Degree. I will be paying for my flight and accommodation and intend to stay for one week if i eventually attend her grad.However, i am weighing my options whether i should apply or not as i am not married and i dont know if that alone may disqualify me as not having enough ties. I really want to go for the Grad but being rejected based on marital status or the monthly income is my major concern. I know they dont often check statements or pay slips but this thread has proved that self evaluation is better so one doesn't waste visa application fees.Please advice.
Self evaluation being the key word here. You already know your pros and cons. Weigh them the opinons just like the vos descion is 50/50
Make a list. Count your pros and then count your cons. Which do you think outwegh the other?
PS: Single people get visas sha so...

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.