Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1539083 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
OmoBendel24:

@constance234 and Nefertitiram kiss (I be dey find hug button, I no see)

Greatest of the greatest, of the greatest UNIBEN prooooduuuucts, GREAT!!!

Greatest gbo gbo!? GBO!!!
Greatest gbo gbo!? GREAT!

Gboza, gboza, gbo!!! Clear road!!! Na who dey breathe dia?? Na who dey button "agbada" dia too?? "Soom" for all corner grin

hehehehehehe, na hall 3 aaro you be that year abi na ekosodin?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
modath:

You ehn!!!! Na real biafra... grin grin grin

Hongkong buffet!!!!!!! tongue tongue

Don't you just miss it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Mel403: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=cally26 post=54167442]Hello guys, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone here, I learnt so much from this thread. Here is my transcript for a successful interview today.

VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: Good morning, i am well.

VO: where are you visiting in the US?
Me: New York, for a conference.

VO: You work at ***** as a doctor right?
Me: Yes please, and I also own my own company, 2 years old with a staff strength of 5.

VO: what is ******(a professional question)
Me: (Smashed her pretty face with an answer)

VO: Why do you have to go for this conference now?
Me: It is vital for my practice because there will be amazing lectures and clinical workshops, and vital for my company because my supplier will be exhibiting and company's presence there is extremely vital.

VO: Are you travelling alone?
Me: Yes I am, but my brother in law, a doctor too, practising in Texas will be attending too. So I travel alone, but I will not be alone.

VO: Are you married?
Me: No please.

VO: travelled before?
Me: No please.

VO: OK, I am going to give you a visa. But you may have to answer some questions at the POE, but don't worry, that's just because you have a relation with same profession in the US who may set you up there and you may not come back. Just be truthful and make sure your intentions are true.
Me: No problem ma'am. Thanks for the heads up.

These people where sharing blue paper like bread today. I guess my confidence helped me there cos am used to seeing a lot of white patients everyday. Wasn't jittery or nervous at all. No documents checked at all.
Confidence and honesty pays.
Once again, thank you all.

please could i send u a mail. I'm a doctor too.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
seyewest:

To be honest sometimes people with ties are denied visit visa and most time the denial stem from lack of research,presentation and communication... If you keep changing what you want to do then you will lose focus.
You should check your pros and cons against each other.
Be honest with yourself.

Thanks baba west.
* You should check your pros and cons against each other.*
does that refers to me and my wife? if yes thats not the issue cos she hasna clean record. then does that now mean we should both apply together or I should go on with my own vac because she is still breastfeeding my baby and is this a good reason for her not to go with me if she can still go I can pay for her and my baby. just need your final advice before I cancel my appointment.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
OmoBendel24:

@constance234 and Nefertitiram kiss (I be dey find hug button, I no see)

Greatest of the greatest, of the greatest UNIBEN prooooduuuucts, GREAT!!!

Greatest gbo gbo!? GBO!!!
Greatest gbo gbo!? GREAT!

Gboza, gboza, gbo!!! Clear road!!! Na who dey breathe dia?? Na who dey button "agbada" dia too?? "Soom" for all corner grin

I greet you bro, i come dey fear this terms again o. I hear many tire under fruit tree for Engineering lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
cally26:
Hello guys, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone here, I learnt so much from this thread. Here is my transcript for a successful interview today.

VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: Good morning, i am well.

VO: where are you visiting in the US?
Me: New York, for a conference.

You did good and explained your case quite clearly. There are more and more screening ongoing at various POEs in the USA. My first tip is, for no reason should you change the duration of stay from what you originally filled in the form.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
Dear LagosNIV,

I am a movie director,and I want to attend a film festival in New York in May 2017 with my wife and 4 year old son.
Please,I will to know,
1.If I am supposed to fill a separate application form for both my wife and son.
2.Pay visa fee for both of them
3.Any other useful information that might be of benefit.

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kodylicky(f): 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2017
cheldas:

Thanks baba west.
* You should check your pros and cons against each other.*
does that refers to me and my wife? if yes thats not the issue cos she hasna clean record. then does that now mean we should both apply together or I should go on with my own vac because she is still breastfeeding my baby and is this a good reason for her not to go with me if she can still go I can pay for her and my baby. just need your final advice before I cancel my appointment.
Thanks

Funny the way you keep saying "MY BABY" oga she follow get d baby ooo "OUR BABY".

Sorry to derail back to the topic

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Remember these VO's are human and have their bias.
Anything could have led to the refusal, I am only giving my own opinion.

your opinion is not encouraging to people applying for first timers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
Okay. My opinions are not the only one's expressed here. Applicants can pick the one's they feel are encouraging.

def111:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry357: 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
def111:

You must understand.
We try our very best to present FACTS here
FACTS are not always pleasant things to hear but there is no good done by hiding them.

We advise people to the best of our ability
sometimes that advice is painful to receive but it needs to be said.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
constance234:

I greet you bro, i come dey fear this terms again o. I hear many tire under fruit tree for Engineering lol

Lolz! You hear abi you join understand and speak too? Well, we na car park crew that year, FACULTY cheesy!!! But we just still gat graduate with 4.+, shakes no dey
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
nefertitiram:

hehehehehehe, na hall 3 aaro you be that year abi na ekosodin?

Okay, good. Full AARO H4 U3 RM 12something year one, "nothing dey hapen crew" for one new hostel then off Edo street (Ekosodin) year 2 & 3, then "try hide your head crew" for 19th Street (BDPA) final year.... #Nostalgic

You na H1 abi H2 squad ba, abi na Osasogie? Well thumbs up for the work you do as well as knowledge you dish out on the threads here Sis!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Lolz! You hear abi you join understand and speak too? Well, we na car park crew that year, FACULTY cheesy!!! But we just still gat graduate with 4.+, shakes no dey
Well because of my political ambition, i decline to provide an answer cheesy grin. Faculty was our hunting ground, blue Engineering lab coat works magic grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
constance234:

Well because of my political ambition, i decline to provide an answer cheesy grin. Faculty was our hunting ground, blue Engineering lab coat works magic grin

Before nko? Una for no come hunt treasure for we side? That una "bone to bone" Engine undecided! Without FACULTY eye for clear una na cheesy. Good work you are doing here too. Keep repping well brov!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 9:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Before nko? Una for no come hunt treasure for we side? That una "bone to bone" Engine undecided! Without FACULTY eye for clear una na cheesy. Good work you are doing here too. Keep repping well brov!
You too brov, we rep always.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Okay, good. Full AARO H4 U3 RM 12something year one, "nothing dey hapen crew" for one new hostel then off Edo street (Ekosodin) year 2 & 3, then "try hide your head crew" for 19th Street (BDPA) final year.... #Nostalgic

You na H1 abi H2 squad ba, abi na Osasogie? Well thumbs up for the work you do as well as knowledge you dish out on the threads here Sis!

Hnmmmmm maybe we should start ''Uniben'' Thread.... grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
OmoBendel24:

as jambite na H2 get me, H3 boys no de let person sleep for night with their "I wan confess", but as my eyes come tear reach back I port go 19th Street BDPA as per Aje burra levels!

You sef de try for this thread! Oya collect 2 bottles of Orijin this night, I go pay next week!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Chai! Faculty people! I hail. After all my yanga for school na one Faculty boy marry me put for house. Worst thing na Warri boy! chai! Na sciences we be, jackophytes based on awoko levels.

USA visit people, make una no vex! We just borrow una thread take relate small.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oneofakindgurl: 1:41am On Mar 02, 2017
Hello VO,

I need urgent advise!

I have just realized I choose the wrong primary occupation in my visa application form. I selected business as that was the only thing on the list that I thought was suitable - all the others were not appropriate but I am an accountant , a practicing one at that. I am a legitimate employee, employed as an accountant and working as as the head of a department in the organisation I work for. I only found out about the other option for primary occupation this evening. Under employment history I filled in detail what I do in employment. My interview is on Friday morning, what can I do to remedy the situation? Its my first time of applying for a US visa. I am going to visit my friend, and that was the purpose of travel I indicated on my form.

Kindly advise in how to remedy this situation.

I look forward to your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:47am On Mar 02, 2017
oneofakindgurl:
Hello VO,

I need urgent advise!

I have just realized I choose the wrong primary occupation in my visa application form. I selected business as that was the only thing on the list that I thought was suitable - all the others were not appropriate but I am an accountant , a practicing one at that. I am a legitimate employee, employed as an accountant and working as as the head of a department in the organisation I work for. I only found out about the other option for primary occupation this evening. Under employment history I filled in detail what I do in employment. My interview is on Friday morning, what can I do to remedy the situation? Its my first time of applying for a US visa. I am going to visit my friend, and that was the purpose of travel I indicated on my form.

Kindly advise in how to remedy this situation.

I look forward to your response.
Explain during the interview. Once the interview starts, calmly apologise and sraw the vo's attention to the fact that you made a mistake in your occupation BECAUSE you weren't aware that the provision for accountant existed. Do not forget to add the reason. Do not wait to be asked before you indicate this mistake

@cheldas, I apologise but it will be unfair of me to remain quiet. You sound confused and still have not gotten it. You want to cancel your alication because of another person's transcript? Do you have the same circumstances, did he hve a history of misrepresentation? Was his wife refused earlier? Now without deling with your ish that is hanging over your head, you want to cancel your application and add your wife. Well , mayb na cos 50k na big money to me...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by livchi: 6:50am On Mar 02, 2017
am about to renew my visa, please advise for i made mistake in my wife date of birth on my first application and have equally forgoten my password.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 7:06am On Mar 02, 2017
We know vex gan... But we dey learn some terms in case we wan apply visit visa to uniben
nefertitiram:

Chai! Faculty people! I hail. After all my yanga for school na one Faculty boy marry me put for house. Worst thing na Warri boy! chai! Na sciences we be, jackophytes based on awoko levels.

USA visit people, make una no vex! We just borrow una thread take relate small.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 9:02am On Mar 02, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

@cheldas, I apologise but it will be unfair of me to remain quiet. You sound confused and still have not gotten it. You want to cancel your alication because of another person's transcript? Do you have the same circumstances, did he hve a history of misrepresentation? Was his wife refused earlier? Now without deling with your ish that is hanging over your head, you want to cancel your application and add your wife. Well , mayb na cos 50k na big money to me...

Trust U mama Agba,
I'm going to deal with my ish. for mama to respond in this manner shows she follows everyone's post on every thread. May God continue to grant you more wisdom knowledge and understanding to proffer solution to people's problems. U r blessed mama ooo
is this response good if vo should ask
Vo: why are you not traveling with your family?
Me: she is working on a tv program where by her clients can bla bla on local channel before proceeding to cable channels and also she breastfeeding at the moment. Pls, if there is any additional i don't mind or better way to express that angle.
Thanks a mil mama G and seyewest.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dprince01: 9:20am On Mar 02, 2017
Good morning house. you guys are doing a great job here , please can someone assist me? my passport refused to upload what can I do or where should I go because am about snapping the 3rd one, I have gone through lot of stress and am about given up
pls ur assistant Will be well appreciated I stay in festac Lagos thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 9:44am On Mar 02, 2017
Please,I need clarification on this DS160 Question,

1.Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States? ...I have my brother in-law working in the USA. Should I answer Yes to this question?

2.I'm movie director and I and my wife and son we are attending a film festival in the same city where my brother in-law lives,is it wise for us to fill his address as our place of residence while in the USA or use a hotel accommodation booking we already did?..

Please I will appreciate a quick response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 10:01am On Mar 02, 2017
Please can someone clarify me on this;

Spouse's Full Name (include Maiden Name)

Do I include both my wife's surname and her father's name on same column?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:11am On Mar 02, 2017
ibrocoast:
We know vex gan... But we dey learn some terms in case we wan apply visit visa to uniben

Just shoot me! grin cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hipswrites(f): 11:15am On Mar 02, 2017
I had a similar problem.
Answer: don't scan the passport. upload it from a flash drive or email address.
That is, send a soft copy.

I think it's nearly impossible to be successful with a scanned copy...

Hope it helps!

dprince01:
Good morning house. you guys are doing a great job here , please can someone assist me? my passport refused to upload what can I do or where should I go because am about snapping the 3rd one, I have gone through lot of stress and am about given up
pls ur assistant Will be well appreciated I stay in festac Lagos thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hipswrites(f): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2017
The
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
Yjc07:
Please,I need clarification on this DS160 Question,

1.Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the United States? ...I have my brother in-law working in the USA. Should I answer Yes to this question?

2.I'm movie director and I and my wife and son we are attending a film festival in the same city where my brother in-law lives,is it wise for us to fill his address as our place of residence while in the USA or use a hotel accommodation booking we already did?..

Please I will appreciate a quick response.

Do not say yes without the conscent of that person.. The person will be called and verified before you enter at the POE... Sometimes saying you have someone in the USA without the person's conscent can lead to your deportation or the person's monitoring by the security radar.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
Classified60:

Do not say yes without the conscent of that person.. The person will be called and verified before you enter at the POE... Sometimes saying you have someone in the USA without the person's conscent can lead to your deportation or the person's monitoring by the security radar.

That's not true. Saying you are VISITING someone who doesn't know you are coming can lead to this problem, but otherwise you should be honest about if you have relatives in the US. If you aren't and it comes to light, and trust me it quite often does, now you have lied to the VO in writing and that is something that sticks with you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.