Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,075 members, 7,828,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538208 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Anyone notice that the VO's have been silent of recent?

them get better tin to do with their MB than reply themselves on same questions ask over and over..

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2017
Classified60:
[PHOTO] How US Immigration Officials Detained Nigerian Software Engineer At Airport And Forced Him To Write Test To Prove His Skills.. Can you imagine...Chai this Americans just want to embarrass Nigerians .
I heard about it and thought it was fake until reading it on reputable site... I think the software engineer should have informed the CBP official that he's asking the question the wrong way and maybe show him how it should be done and at the same time encouraging them to verify him.. although I know he was very tired.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
He was here last week
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 7:43am On Mar 05, 2017
PLEASE am a fresher here I have questions with my DS-160 form B1B2, I applied online and submitted the the application I have not schedule an appointment I printed out the confirmation, note I have not schedule for an appointment. I needed to correct a mistake not on the confirmation page but with info that I filled. I retrieved my application and try to apply again now I am giving a new Application ID No which I have written out. 1. Please what should I do now? 2.how do I upload and application file?? I have paid for my visa fee I have not schedule for an appointment..your responses responses would be valuable.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by laurex: 7:45am On Mar 05, 2017
mzjennypher:
hello house pls if u want to pay for sch fees or want pta pls buzz its more than available. i work with a financial institution you will get at official rate not black market rate
Sup please contact me bro and I'm interested to buy dollar from your financial institution.my whatsapp contact detail is 08051613288........thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:49am On Mar 05, 2017
MsFiifi:
PLEASE am a fresher here I have questions with my DS-160 form B1B2, I applied online and submitted the the application I have not schedule an appointment I printed out the confirmation, note I have not schedule for an appointment. I needed to correct a mistake not on the confirmation page but with info that I filled. I retrieved my application and try to apply again now I am giving a new Application ID No which I have written out. 1. Please what should I do now? 2.how do I upload and application file?? I have paid for my visa fee I have not schedule for an appointment..your responses responses would be valuable.

Go on, fill the new form (if you generated the ID using the "Retrieve Application" button, the the pages will be populated mostly with the info filled in the previous form, just be editing to suit your desired changes, if not, you may have to fill it manually).... Schedule your appointment with the new (and corrected) Application ID.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 8:04am On Mar 05, 2017
How do I upload my supporting documents to my DS 160 application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 8:11am On Mar 05, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Go on, fill the new form (if you generated the ID using the "Retrieve Application" button, the the pages will be populated mostly with the info filled in the previous form, just be editing to suit your desired changes, if not, you may have to fill it manually).... Schedule your appointment with the new (and corrected) Application ID.

I cancelled the first application completely then generated the new Application ID my question now is would I be able to check my application status and how please?? Thanks for your immediate responses. it is indeed valuable.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by clarkson70: 9:30am On Mar 05, 2017
Good morning everyone in the house and i wish you all happy sunday. pls i have a question for the house on how to travel united statement by may 12th for my eldest brother birthday. He send me an invitation and his statement of account. What should i do now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry357: 10:08am On Mar 05, 2017
clarkson70:
Good morning everyone in the house and i wish you all happy sunday. pls i have a question for the house on how to travel united statement by may 12th for my eldest brother birthday. He send me an invitation and his statement of account. What should i do now.

It has been stated many, many times.
US visa officers do not look at invitation letters.

You will be assessed on your strong ties to prove that you will return home
and your finances.

Read back in the US sections to learn more.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 10:52am On Mar 05, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

See page 337 (March 02).

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 11:11am On Mar 05, 2017
My POE some weeks back.

Flew Turkish to JFK.

CBP: (I can't remember how he framed his question, but basically he asked what i came for.)
Me: Vacation.
CBP: Where will you be staying.
Me: Mentioned the name of the hotel.
CBP: How long will you be staying.
Me: x days.
CBP: Welcome. (Stamped & returned my passport and the slip from the kiosk).
CBP: As you go out hand over the slip to them over there (gestured to the final check before exit).
(He then asked about the dairy products i ticked in my arrival card, and asked me about it and i told him of the sweets I had bought in the duty free, and he said no problem with that.)

I had a nice but short stay. Don't really like the cold.
The two star hotel ended up being very central in New York, very good location. But the room space was like living in a cupboard. Anyway, I didn't go to NY to stay indoors.

A question for the gurus:
If I go to the US to do window shopping + actually buying goods that I find are bargain prices/sales, is my visit "business" as per CBP.
I do intend to hunt for bargains during my next visit, but the shopping for resale is not going to fund my trip, yet.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:54am On Mar 05, 2017
bigbus:
My POE some weeks back.

Flew Turkish to JFK.

CBP: (I can't remember how he framed his question, but basically he asked what i came for.)
Me: Vacation.
CBP: Where will you be staying.
Me: Mentioned the name of the hotel.
CBP: How long will you be staying.
Me: x days.
CBP: Welcome. (Stamped & returned my passport and the slip from the kiosk).
CBP: As you go out hand over the slip to them over there (gestured to the final check before exit).
(He then asked about the dairy products i ticked in my arrival card, and asked me about it and i told him of the sweets I had bought in the duty free, and he said no problem with that.)

I had a nice but short stay. Don't really like the cold.
The two star hotel ended up being very central in New York, very good location. But the room space was like living in a cupboard. Anyway, I didn't go to NY to stay indoors.

If I go to the US to do window shopping + actually buying goods that I find are bargain prices/sales, is my visit "business" as per CBP.
I do intend to hunt for bargains during my next visit, but the shopping for resale is not going to fund my trip, yet.

What does it matter? Your visa is b1/b2. Business is allowed

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaijaEarnOnline: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
I have been a silent reader of this great thread and I must say I have learnt a lot.

I want to share the trancript of my interview that took place towards the end of feb for myself, wifey and our 3 kids.

VO: Goodmorning
Me & Wifey: Goodmorning
VO: Can I have your passports
Me: (Hands them over)
VO: Why are you going to newyork and florida
Me: For vacation and to do some shopping
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work with xyz company as an .........
VO: What do you do for the company
Me: ...........................and immediate interventions when there is a fault
VO: What kind of faults
Me: (I mentioned some I could remember)
VO: How often do these faults occur
Me: On a daily basis, because we have a lot of ........
VO: How big is your workplace
Me: (I couldnt think of a better response, so I just told the VO our output per day)
VO: (To wifey) what do you do
Wifey: I work as (mentions job title) in bleep company
VO: that should be under (mentions wifey's department)
Wifey: Yes
VO: How long have you been working with this company
Wifey: bleep years
(in between these conversations, the VO spent a lot of time typing)
VO: How much are you planning for the trip
Me: $11,000 (I have done the necessary calculation after I read from this thread when someone was asked, and he mentioned $3500 for a family of 3 which many said it is too poor to cover such trip)
VO: (hands over a white paper) pick your visa in (I couldnt care much as I saw the white paper)

I thank God for his favour. My profile is not bad I think, I have been to Italy, France and UK with my whole family, except our new baby. My job is not bad same with wifey. No single document was checked, even our passports were not opened.
However, our baby's passport was put on administrative processing for like a week, but has now been issued.

Intended travel date is in august (If money dey) for those asking if it is early to apply

Thank you guys!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
MsFiifi:
I don't understnd half of your questions however;
1. If you have not booked your appointment then you can either fill a new form or book the appointment with the one you have if you are ok with it.
2. Once a form is submitted, that's it. (To the best of my knowledge) the only way to edit is to swap (if you have booked a date which you haven't so why don't you just fill a new form ?)
3. What do you mean by check aplication status? Weren't you the one tht submitted the form? Shebi you have not booked a dte? So you know your status na. Abi is there any where on the site that has 'check application status'?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sufregs: 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
I filled a US visa application for my dad who is going to visit my brother in the US. After scheduling the appointment, I saw a caveat on the page. See image below.
Please what should I do? I have submitted the application without a photo already.
For people who have visited the embassy of recent, did you upload your photograph or do they still accept hard copy to be submitted at the interview?
Thanks and awaiting a response

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:09pm On Mar 05, 2017
MsFiifi:
1. If you have not booked your appointment then you can either fill a new form or book the appointment with the one you have if you are ok with it.
2. Once a form is submitted, that's it. (To the best of my knowledge) the only way to edit is to swap (if you have booked a date which you haven't so why don't you just fill a new form ?)
3. What do you mean by check aplication status? Weren't you the one tht submitted the form? Shebi you have not booked a date? So you know your status na. Abi is there any where on the site that has 'check application status'?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
sufregs:
I filled a US visa application for my dad who is going to visit my brother in the US. After scheduling the appointment, I saw a caveat on the page. See image below.
Please what should I do? I have submitted the application without a photo already.
For people who have visited the embassy of recent, did you upload your photograph or do they still accept hard copy to be submitted at the interview?
Thanks and awaiting a response
Always follow the rules to avoid issues. You have seen the caveat. It is clear. Of what use would recent experiences be to you when the rule is clear?
Fill a new form. Upload the passport. Write to them to swap it. Don't ur father avoidable stress of being sent back
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ogodos(m): 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2017
ogodos:
LadyGuinivere Please Ma, How can i Track and confirm a valid USA visa
... An agent help my friend to get An American visa without interview... ..that why i asked how can we confirm a visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry357: 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
ogodos:
... An agent help my friend to get An American visa without interview... ..that why i asked how can we confirm a visa

Have you ever had a USA visa before?
A new visa requires an interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
ogodos:
No need confirming it. That visa is screaming "fake", that is if it is not dropbox
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
ogodos:

Dear Lord! SMH!!! Just get him arrested, in fact, rock his boat and yours the much you can, care not whose ox is gored cause this kind of individual is capable of "eliminating" you (which this act equals anyways).... #ConsciencelessSoul
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

3. What do you mean by check aplication status? Weren't you the one tht submitted the form? Shebi you have not booked a date? So you know your status na. Abi is there any where on the site that has 'check application status'?

See me oh. Found self in same shoe as you on this, really!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
bigbus:
My POE some weeks back.

Flew Turkish to JFK.

The Visa B1/B2 and B1 are technically the same after you've satisfied the criteria in issuance of B1 visa (Attending Conference,seminar etc)
so if you have to travel for shopping... it's cool but the problem is your luggage you may end up paying a lot in shipping which the embassy may ask for invoice and bill of lending when you want to renew your visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
NaijaEarnOnline:
I have been a silent reader of this great thread and I must say I have learnt a lot.

I want to share the trancript of my interview that took place towards the end of feb for myself, wifey and our 3 kids.

Intended travel date is in august (If money dey) for those asking if it is early to apply

Thank you guys!!!

Bros you wan pack all of our forex go U.S? congrats... grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 6:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
ogodos:
Couple of years ago this type of visa was very rampant, any offer too good to be true is plain scam. First what type of visa was he 'supposedly' issued? There is always an online profile created and with this he can check the status of the visa, so he should ask his Agent for that. Either ways i know the 'visa' is worth less than a used toilet paper.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
constance234:

Couple of years ago this type of visa was very rampant, any offer too good to be true is plain scam. First what type of visa was he 'supposedly' issued? There is always an online profile created and with this he can check the status of the visa, so he should ask his Agent for that. Either ways i know the 'visa' is worth less than a used toilet paper.

My uncle got this kind of visa. He sold his everything in his life, reach airport and was told it was a fake visa. Dude nearly took his life. Thank God he is doing well now. He's succeeding in Nigeria. America was a pipe dream grin

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
nefertitiram:

My uncle got this kind of visa. He sold his everything in his life, reach airport and was told it was a fake visa. Dude nearly took his life. Thank God he is doing well now. He's succeeding in Nigeria. America was a pipe dream grin
Chai grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
nefertitiram:

Exactly, i have heard of people who were fleeced with such visa.This agents are heartless, they care only about the money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
@Seyewest. Thanks a lot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LaraPeperempe: 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=LaraPeperempe post=48496309]

I was just confused he asked why I wanted to go alone, I was like, why not? Can't somebody enjoy alone?
This holiday means alot to me. I have not had the opportunity to go for a vacation since 2014 because of my job.

This opportunity came because my workaholic boss decides to go on a vacation. A very good time for me to travel and spoil myself a lil. Its painful oh.

You know, I lost a friend of mine few weeks ago and after like 2 days of her demise, her family members couldn't wait, they started scouting for how to get her atm pin. We were really close, so, 2 of her siblings called me to ask if I knew the pin, like seriously?

This babe worked herself off and saved so much without spending lavishly...this actually inspired me to go for vacation, can't come and die and some useless people will now start eating from where they never sowed...

Can i re-apply? Or i should try UK? I must do sha go for vacation...lols

So I finally got my visa approved last week. Transcripts coming thra...
But how do I get cheap tickets. The ones I'm seeing online can drain life savings fa. Epp this girl pepo.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.