Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538094 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaijaEarnOnline: 7:37am On Mar 06, 2017
seyewest:

Bros you wan pack all of our forex go U.S? congrats... grin grin grin

I no dey too certain for the trip self....the fear of flight fare is the beginning of wisdom
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hamdat55: 9:48am On Mar 06, 2017
Please any help on this?
Hamdat55:
Hello everyone, may God bless the creator and those who have contributed to this forum. You are doing a great job.

I'm 31 years, married with twins, they are ten months now, I wish to embark on family vacation to US.
My status : married, work in oil and gas sector, salary 506K, I have no travel experience, my wife school in Ghana and she has been to Liberia too.

I know it's not the decision of this forum to tell my eligibility but do I stand a good chance?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2017
NaijaEarnOnline:

I no dey too certain for the trip self....the fear of flight fare is the beginning of wisdom
Take your time... Flight fare at the moment is a no go area....chill till end of the year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
ood afternoon. I was actually surprised to see an educative thread like this on naira land. I have an issue that I need clarification on. my fiance lives inthe US. He is a green card holder, about to get his citizenship too. we have plans for this year but with this travel ban,I am scared. please how does this ban affect his ability to come back this year and return safely to the US as well as my ability to join him over there later. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by desrie: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hello people
I want to apply for b1/b2 visa with my wife.here is our profile
1.both med doctors undergoing residency
2.just got married traditionally a month ago
3.wifey has been to UK and SA while I have been to SA and Ghana.
4.i was denied visa 2 years ago while I was doing Nysc without any reason though I had feeli.gs that it could be due to no travel experience and tie
Now we want to go for vacation and intend to stay in a hotel but a mutual friend who's a priest and a professor in the US wants us to use him as a point of contact in the US but am scared that the VO might see it as a tie in the US thus reason for refusal.
Should we stick to our hotel as point of contact or use this friend who happens to be my teacher back in the seminary.Help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Wiseoldman: 5:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
desrie:
Hello people
I want to apply for b1/b2 visa with my wife.here is our profile
1.both med doctors undergoing residency
2.just got married traditionally a month ago
3.wifey has been to UK and SA while I have been to SA and Ghana.
4.i was denied visa 2 years ago while I was doing Nysc without any reason though I had feeli.gs that it could be due to no travel experience and tie
Now we want to go for vacation and intend to stay in a hotel but a mutual friend who's a priest and a professor in the US wants us to use him as a point of contact in the US but am scared that the VO might see it as a tie in the US thus reason for refusal.
Should we stick to our hotel as point of contact or use this friend who happens to be my teacher back in the seminary.Help

Im not a VO. Since we are all assisting each other, I guess the focus would be on your "Residency". How much of a tie is this program to make you guys return to Nigeria?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ramj: 11:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
Yes oooo God don do am.Big thanks to all the contibutors major and minor on this thread. Read from the start to here - almost every page was a big work but was worth it.

Here is our transcript

VO: Good morning
US: Good morning
VO: Where are you going in the US?
US: Orlando, Florida
VO: Are you just going on Holidays
ME: We are going on vacation, we have not had our honeymoon since we got married last year
VO: Congratulations
VO: do you have friends or family you would be visiting in Florida?
US: No
VO: DO you have any kids
US: NO (I am not sure exactly at what stage he asked this question but I think he did)
VO: So what do you do?
ME: I am an ******Engineer at ******
VO: Tell me about the technical details of your job
ME: O boi I began dey download am, the thing scratch small at some point, but he said okay okay okay
VO: So you studied electrical ENGINEERING
ME – (in my mind, oga don’t confuse me I know the course I study joor) No I studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering
VO: Where did you study?
ME: I asked him do you mean my master or undergraduate - my undergrad at **** and M.sc at ***** in the U.K
(Honestly it had just been like friends trying to catch up honestly, I thank God for this it was like we were chatting)
VO: So did you study online or you actually lived in the U.K
ME: I lived in the U.K for my masters
VO: Nice, So where else have you to
Me: Been to U.K, UAE, India and Turkey
VO: What took you to Turkey?
ME: It was a day transit stay en-route Nigeria
VO: Okay, Madame where do you work and do you do?
Her: I am an Associate 2 at blabla coy
VO: seems he didn’t hear clearly so again:
Her: blabla coy
VO: ohh really did you watch the Oscars (wife’s coy was involved in the award)
(… my wife was blank and not sure what to say, so I stepped in, because I knew what he was talking about - we are not much of movie people)
VO: he then mentions the gaff that happened at the awards (the best pictures award mix up)
ME : Yeah I am aware of that, got to know about that from a friend blab la bla
VO: (to my wife) don’t worry that’s not your fault…. Where else have you been to?
Her: U.K and UAE ( I cut in, she had her masters in the U.K too)
VO: ohh nice
VO: typing seriously now……… (then with a smile you guys are good to go, pick up your passport on Friday)

That was it Glory to God Yesssss. The transcript looks long surprisingly but it felt real short. I thank God for the V.O he made it fun and relaxing. All na God ooo

Also put yourself together, try to be as composed as you can and let your story be your story. Try to relax and just be yourself and enjoy it.

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by America001: 11:11pm On Mar 06, 2017
I greet all ye great and liberal minds contributing to the growth of this thread. Please I've successfully submitted my DS 160 but without a photo because I couldn't upload one successfully. Please are there any consequences?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ramj: 11:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
America001:
I greet all ye great and liberal minds contributing to the growth of this thread. Please I've successfully submitted my DS 160 but without a photo because I couldn't upload one successfully. Please are there any consequences?

you would be successfully turned back, so u have not successfully submitted your form.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hi everyone,
Please am about filling my application for visa renewal, I used my previous login and presently at step 5 but i noticed am unable to change my previous passport details (passport number and name) to the new passport details.Previous passport carries my maiden name and presently expired.Pls how do I go about it?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:26am On Mar 07, 2017
Tumiliciou918:
Hi everyone,
Please am about filling my application for visa renewal, I used my previous login and presently at step 5 but i noticed am unable to change my previous passport details (passport number and name) to the new passport details.Previous passport carries my maiden name and presently expired.Pls how do I go about it?
Thanks
Write to the embassy. They l change /update it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oguguo11: 6:35am On Mar 07, 2017
Hi good morning , please I want to travel with my daughter to USA. We don't bear the same surname. Is it possible that we would be denied visa .thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by desrie: 7:00am On Mar 07, 2017
Good morning everyone
Please while filling the DR 160 form,must my point of contact be the same state that am visiting even when you intend to stay in a hotel.Secondly is there any added advantage of having an individual as point of contact.Need your reply as am about to submit my application
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by America001: 7:10am On Mar 07, 2017
Ramj:

you would be successfully turned back, so u have not successfully submitted your form.
Nawao. I've already gone ahead to book an appointment. Turn me back kwa? Can't I go with a passport photo to the interview? Thanks for your reply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by leopower(m): 8:45am On Mar 07, 2017
America001:

Nawao. I've already gone ahead to book an appointment. Turn me back kwa? Can't I go with a passport photo to the interview? Thanks for your reply

If u av been following religiously u shd know what to do.
Now cancle dat appointment as u can do so ONLY once, fill another ds 160, MAKE SURE UR PHOTO passport is uploaded dis time . Write d embassy for a swap THEN book ur appointment proper.
Hope dis help and best of luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Janet101(f): 8:59am On Mar 07, 2017
leopower:

Now cancle dat appointment as u can do so ONLY once, fill another ds 160, MAKE SURE UR PHOTO passport is uploaded dis time . Write d embassy for a swap THEN book ur appointment proper.

No need to cancel ur appointment please,just go with a passport on dat day make sure u get to the embassy early,just down the embassy road u will see those guy dat will help u fill the form again n upload ur pix make sure u hold money sha.like 5k for a print out o grin.
All the best....Make sure u pay attention as dey help u upload the pic o those guys over sabi too much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 11:38am On Mar 07, 2017
Janet101:

No need to cancel ur appointment please,just go with a passport on dat day make sure u get to the embassy early,just down the embassy road u will see those guy dat will help u fill the form again n upload ur pix make sure u hold money sha.like 5k for a print out o grin.
All the best....Make sure u pay attention as dey help u upload the pic o those guys over sabi too much

is this supposed to be good advice or are u tryin to be funny.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Janet101(f): 11:59am On Mar 07, 2017
getostar:

Funny ke!I went for my interview 2 weeks ago my pix was nt on the confirmation page .i was turn back to print another one
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
getostar:

I just tire. But all the people tht won't follow rules or read the thread deserve it.

To the op, the US embassy says ' upload a pssport or we send you back'
That is their policy. Why do u think your case should be an exception?
Solution: do NOT cancel the appointment. Fill a New form, write to them to swap it.

@oguguo, there's a chance anybody can be denied visa, though not on surname difference reason. Not every applicant has the same surname with their spouses and offsprings
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DimmyCho(m): 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pesuzok(m): 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
Janet101:

Funny ke!I went for my interview 2 weeks ago my pix was nt on the confirmation page .i was turn back to print another one

So the best advice is for him to get that sorted out before the interview date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:56pm On Mar 07, 2017
Janet101:

Yes because you did not do the right thing at the right time. The advice you gave is not the best case scenario. Nobody would want to throw money away...
Well what do I know? Maybe na only me economy de bite
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Janet101(f): 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2017
Pesuzok:

So the best advice is for him to get that sorted out before the interview date

Yes but most people don't know how to do it, anyway if u can do it on ur own no problem.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ramj:
Yes oooo God don do am.Big thanks to all the contibutors major and minor on this thread. Read from the start to here - almost every page was a big work but was worth it.

Here is our transcript

Also put yourself together, try to be as composed as you can and let your story be your story. Try to relax and just be yourself and enjoy it.
Congrats... I like your attitude.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bolton12: 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2017
Just thought to share my experience since I have learnt a lot from this forum myself. I had my interview earlier today although the outcome of my interview wasn't so pleasant, regardless I'd share to educate all intending applicants. I was very relaxed, truthful and tried to be very precise. A few people were issued Visa in my presence and a bunch of liars were denied as well. My advise to all intending applicants is to evaluate yourself and try to be as truthful as possible. If you lie you will most likely contradict yourself and jeopardize your chances. The guy before me claimed 3 different ages/DOB to the extent the VO had to ask if any part of the application was real. In all fairness to the VO's everyone they denied deserved it and everyone they issued visa deserved it, no exception to me. By the way it was my first Visa application ever.

The interview was somewhat brief. Below is the transcript,

VO : What do you do do ?
Ans : I'm a fashion designer/Tailor
VO : How long have you been doing this ?
Ans: Since 2009
VO : Do you do this full time
Ans: Yes
VO : Have you traveled out of the country before?
Ans: Yes to Benin Republic & Togo other than that I haven't had any genuine reason to be out of the country.
VO : What are you going to do in Texas.
Ans:I'm going for my cousins wedding scheduled to hold 25th of this Month. Will be there for 5 days.
VO : Unfortunately you don't qualify for a Visa

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by desrie: 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
NaijaEarnOnline:
I have been a silent reader of this great thread and I must say I have learnt a lot.

I want to share the trancript of my interview that took place towards the end of feb for myself, wifey and our 3 kids.

VO: Goodmorning
Me & Wifey: Goodmorning
VO: Can I have your passports.
Me: (Hands them over)
VO: Why are you going to newyork and florida
Me: For vacation and to do some shopping
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work with xyz company as an .........
VO: What do you do for the company
Me: ...........................and immediate interventions when there is a fault
VO: What kind of faults
Me: (I mentioned some I could remember)
VO: How often do these faults occur
Me: On a daily basis, because we have a lot of ........
VO: How big is your workplace
Me: (I couldnt think of a better response, so I just told the VO our output per day)
VO: (To wifey) what do you do
Wifey: I work as (mentions job title) in bleep company
VO: that should be under (mentions wifey's department)
Wifey: Yes
VO: How long have you been working with this company
Wifey: bleep years
(in between these conversations, the VO spent a lot of time typing)
VO: How much are you planning for the trip
Me: $11,000 (I have done the necessary calculation after I read from this thread when someone was asked, and he mentioned $3500 for a family of 3 which many said it is too poor to cover such trip)
VO: (hands over a white paper) pick your visa in (I couldnt care much as I saw the white paper)

I thank God for his favour. My profile is not bad I think, I have been to Italy, France and UK with my whole family, except our new baby. My job is not bad same with wifey. No single document was checked, even our passports were not opened.
However, our baby's passport was put on administrative processing for like a week, but has now been issued.

Intended travel date is in august (If money dey) for those asking if it is early to apply

Thank you guys!!!

did you fill in point of contact
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oguguo11: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

I just tire. But all the people tht won't follow rules or read the thread deserve it.

Solution: do NOT cancel the appointment. Fill a New form, write to them to swap it.

@oguguo, there's a chance anybody can be denied visa, though not on surname difference reason. Not every applicant has the same surname with their spouses and offsprings
Thanks so much for your response. God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oguguo11: 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

.thanks for your response and God bless u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oguguo11: 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

thanks for your response and God bless u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaijaEarnOnline: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
desrie:
did you fill in point of contact

Yes, I used my hotel reservation as my point of contact
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
leopower:

Janet101:

These are two error prone solutions/advise you have above (though the first be even better). But then, LadyGuiniveres has come to your rescue dear @america001, do follow that which she has proffered as solution and you will prosper in this course!

LadyGuinivere:

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.