Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538005 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 6:23pm On Mar 12, 2017
MsFiifi:

I graduated recently as a Registered Nurse i have not work before, I have a relative as a us contact, am going for a conference i truthfully filled my ds-160 form as above and am sponsoring myself what are my chances of getting b1b2 visa??

You have no work experience... so who is sponsoring your conference and how does it benefit you in Nigeria? Those are two questions you should have answers to.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
Please how do I work on my ties? Make me understand what ties really means.
bigbus:

Sir, the specific advice on your case is that you go thoroughly and calmly through the thread. You can read part 1 and part 2, or read part 2 first, then beginning of Part 1. Read especially transcript of people with similar circumstances to yours; and work on your ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:02pm On Mar 12, 2017
arclexical:
That's why he asked you to read. You will learn what ties are if you do go through the thread

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tbaba2(m): 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
happy Sunday my people. pls I need an answer to this question. do people traveling thru Emirates or any airline from Dubai will go thru CBP in Dubai n be stamp in Dubai too? thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JulietteO(f): 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2017
Please guys, how true is it that Nigerians are denied entry into the US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2017
arclexical:
What do you think could be my ties and how do I fully express them? Since invitation letter and account statement doesn't matter, what supporting document do I go with?
Apart from document what do you have ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2017
No work experience...going for a conference....no work experience....why go for a conference...get work experience...and then go for a conference...that's what a VO would probably think. How about you get some work experience first? well, you maybe lucky. Have you travelled out of the country before?

MsFiifi:

I graduated recently as a Registered Nurse i have not work before, I have a relative as a us contact, am going for a conference i truthfully filled my ds-160 form as above and am sponsoring myself what are my chances of getting b1b2 visa??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2017
Tbaba2:
happy Sunday my people. pls I need an answer to this question. do people traveling thru Emirates or any airline from Dubai will go thru CBP in Dubai n be stamp in Dubai too? thanks
There's no CBP outpost in Dubai it's in Abu Dhabi
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:11pm On Mar 12, 2017
JulietteO:
Please guys, how true is it that Nigerians are denied entry into the US?
We are not on the list of countries ban from entering the United States...This is not the first time they've denied Nigerians entry into the U.S (They do during Obama/Bush etc time) most time we are not truthful with our reason for visiting or we don't explain our reason for visiting the U.S properly sometimes it is purely due to extreme bad luck

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JulietteO(f): 12:46am On Mar 13, 2017
seyewest:

We are not on the list of countries ban from entering the United States...most Nigerians denied entry either are not truthful or did not explain their reason for visiting the U.S properly
Thank you so much. Truly appreciate
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tbaba2(m): 8:28am On Mar 13, 2017
seyewest:
seyewest:
seyewest:
. ohk thanks bro.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:42am On Mar 13, 2017
List what will make you come back to Nigeria.

arclexical:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2017
TWoods:

You have no work experience... so who is sponsoring your conference and how does it benefit you in Nigeria? Those are two questions you should have answers to.

I'm sponsoring myself with the fund I saved while in school,if i should get a job and work to get work experience how long would i work the conference is just at the door next month April.. I have worked with my school for over 4 years but that was voluntarily there was no payment though I did not include that in my ds-160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MrsSugar: 11:01am On Mar 13, 2017
Salami71:

i know that chinese guy.met him when i went for interview but was interviewed by someone else.the guy asks alot of questions too so bhe prepared

Congrat bro me tap from your blessing o grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sk2712: 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
hello. i have been a silent follower/reader of this thread. in fact started reading from part 1 last year.
lol, i am very studious and takes very examination and interview very seriously. Straight to the point. my husband and i had our interview today in lagos; went as follows.

Vo; good morning

we: good morning (polite smiles)

vo: why do you want to travel to America

hubby: to visit my dad and vacation

vo: where do you work ( to hubby)

hubby: a mutinationa blah blah

vo: what is you job description,(some like that as my husband did not hear him and requested he repeat himself twice) lol

hubby: described his job and what it entails

vo: what do you do madam?

me: Relationship manager at xxxxxxxx

vo: what is your company into

me: told him

vo: have you ever traveled before?

hubb: yes, my wife and i went to ghana last year.

Vo: do you have any children

we: no

He kept typing, then apologized that we are not qualified.

i swear i almost asked him y na. we just said thank you and left.

I was so disappointed, because i was the one that gingered my husband, hes too busy and really doesnt care to travel.In fact, he doesnt wantto try again for now till further notce. Plus i want to have a proper honeymoon.

But i am planning to try again, probably in 2 months time alone, if oga no gree.

I just want to see the world. lol.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
sk2712:
hello. i have been a silent follower/reader of this thread. in fact started reading from part 1 last year.
lol, i am very studious and takes very examination and interview very seriously. Straight to the point. my husband and i had our interview today in lagos; went as follows.

But i am planning to try again, probably in 2 months time alone, if oga no gree.

I just want to see the world. lol.
Sorry about that and your ties are not strong enough... work on it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaychrsamemm: 3:42pm On Mar 13, 2017
hello house, please I'm planning to visit USA dis summer and i want to get info
(1) I'm presenting studying in one of the countries in Eastern Europe and I will finish my undergraduate program by June n I'm also getting admission for master prog immediately. Im close to 30yrs old. I'm going to get documents from the university stating that I'm a student
I'm planning to apply for the visa in Nigeria because the embassy here hardly give foreigners visa here.
Here are my traveling history:- dubai 2015, spain 3 times 2016(2 tourist visas). My father is my sponsor. No work experience.
Pls what is my chance of getting the visa in Nigeria. I'm not planning to relocate to usa at all n I'm planning just to spend 7-10days. I will come back to continue my study. I'm also planning to pay 1st semester tuition fee of the new session before coming to Nigeria.No relatives in usa.
I've been denied uk once on my old passport with a stamp on it.
What type of visa shld i apply for B1 or B1/2

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Stella02(f): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
seyewest:

Sorry about that and your ties are not strong enough... work on it.
What kind of strong ties were they suppose to have? Examples please

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hamdat55: 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
Thanks and God bless.
LadyGuinivere:

U just answered yourself. Nobody knows. Read the transcripts. Evaluate yourself based on statistics
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
sk2712:

Vo; good morning

we: good morning (polite smiles)

vo: why do you want to travel to America

Sorry about the oucome of your visa interview, i would suggest you do not apply alone soon.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 5:40pm On Mar 13, 2017
Stella02:

My sister, put in work, read the thread from start. You will know alot more doing research yourself.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Stella02(f): 6:56pm On Mar 13, 2017
constance234:

My sister, put in work, read the thread from start. You will know alot more doing research yourself.

It's not about putting in work. Besides, I didn't ask you. I asked for a reason. Marriage is a strong tie. That's why I asked. If you don't have an answer no need telling me to read the thread from start

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 6:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
Thank you sir! I sincerely appreciate, I understand better now.
KaptainAfrika:
List what will make you come back to Nigeria.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by age2richee: 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hello house, Ive been a silent reader too and had my interview at Abuja this morning.
Believe me it was a feast of green and blue slips but I kept on believing because I was prepared for it and my company was paying for the trip to Chicago to attend an exhibition and make recommendations on the processing equipments to purchase from suppliers at the exhibition.
The interview was as follows.....
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning.
VO : Why are you travelling to Chicago?
Me: I am travelling to represent my company at the forthcoming bleep conference and exhibition and make recommendations on equipemt to be purchased.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I am the plant manager of the bleep processing plant and we are into bleep products.
VO: Do you have a child?
Me: Not yet ma'am
VO: I'm sorry.

I am the youngest manager at my firm and right now, my boss wishes he nominated someone else for the trip because my passport is still virgin.

What was wrong my people?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
Stella02:

It's not about putting in work. Besides, I didn't ask you. I asked for a reason. Marriage is a strong tie. That's why I asked. If you don't have an answer no need telling me to read the thread from start
Ok ma, keep waiting to be spoon fed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Femcesc07(m): 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
Stella02:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
Stella02:

You don't have kids and both of you should take time out to travel the world together... your husband is your ties and they may feel like it cost you both nothing staying put in U.S if they grant you visa... since you both plan to go to U.S I will advise you to travel to another country instead.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Stella02(f): 7:20am On Mar 14, 2017
seyewest:

You don't have kids and both of you should take time out to travel the world together... your husband is your ties and they may feel like it cost you both nothing staying put in U.S if they grant you visa... since you both plan to go to U.S I will advise you to travel to another country instead.
Thanks a lot for your reply. So if she had applied alone with her husband still in Nigeria, do you think the outcome would have been different even without kids?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Elogene: 8:44am On Mar 14, 2017
Good morning house, I've been following this thread on nairaland judiciously and it really gave me insight before I went for my interview at the US embassy. My interview transcript......
VO: good morning ma'am
Me: good morning(smiling)
VO: your passport please
Me: (passed passport to him)
VO: where are you going to?
Me: Orlando Florida
VO: why are you going to Florida?
Me: my company is sponsoring me on a 2 week all expense paid trip
VO: why is your company sponsoring you?
Me: I won employee of the year award 2016
VO: what did you do that you won the award?
Me: I put in a new regulation for the use of hard helmets during projects.... Use of steel toed boots isn't enough protection for the workers.
VO: (smiling) that's nice....are you married?
Me: no but I'm engaged. Getting married may 22nd
VO: (keeps smiling) that's great....have you traveled out of the country before?
Me: yes
VO: where have you traveled to?
Me: I travel frequently to the Republic of Benin, Togo and Ghana.
Vo: (checks my new and expired passports then types for a while and in my mind I was like "Holy Ghost fire" grin) then he returns my expired passport, keeps the new one and says.... Congratulations I'll be approving your visa and hands me the white paper.
Me: (smiling huge) thank you, have a lovely day.

That was how I walked out with the white paper my people. I thank God. Will be leaving for Florida at the end of the month. Thank you all for the tips left here that gave me the confidence during the interview. God bless you all

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DimmyCho(m): 9:18am On Mar 14, 2017
Elogene:
Good morning house, I've been following this thread on nairaland judiciously and it really gave me insight before I went for my interview at the US embassy. My interview transcript......
VO: good morning ma'am
Me: good morning(smiling)
VO: your passport please
Me: (passed passport to him)
VO: where are you going to?
Me: Orlando Florida
VO: why are you going to Florida?
Me: my company is sponsoring me on a 2 week all expense paid trip
VO: why is your company sponsoring you?
Me: I won employee of the year award 2016
VO: what did you do that you won the award?
Me: I put in a new regulation for the use of hard helmets during projects.... Use of steel toed boots isn't enough protection for the workers.
VO: (smiling) that's nice....are you married?
Me: no but I'm engaged. Getting married may 22nd
VO: (keeps smiling) that's great....have you traveled out of the country before?
Me: yes
VO: where have you traveled to?
Me: I travel frequently to the Republic of Benin, Togo and Ghana.
Vo: (checks my new and expired passports then types for a while and in my mind I was like "Holy Ghost fire" grin) then he returns my expired passport, keeps the new one and says.... Congratulations I'll be approving your visa and hands me the white paper.
Me: (smiling huge) thank you, have a lovely day.

That was how I walked out with the white paper my people. I thank God. Will be leaving for Florida at the end of the month. Thank you all for the tips left here that gave me the confidence during the interview. God bless you all

Congrats.. I call it God's Favour nor luck.... Safe trip..

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 14, 2017
age2richee:
Hello house, Ive been a silent reader too and had my interview at Abuja this morning.
Believe me it was a feast of green and blue slips but I kept on believing because I was prepared for it and my company was paying for the trip to Chicago to attend an exhibition and make recommendations on the processing equipments to purchase from suppliers at the exhibition.
The interview was as follows.....
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning.
VO : Why are you travelling to Chicago?
Me: I am travelling to represent my company at the forthcoming bleep conference and exhibition and make recommendations on equipemt to be purchased.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I am the plant manager of the bleep processing plant and we are into bleep products.
VO: Do you have a child?
Me: Not yet ma'am
VO: I'm sorry.

I am the youngest manager at my firm and right now, my boss wishes he nominated someone else for the trip because my passport is still virgin.

What was wrong my people?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 14, 2017
[quote author=Classified60 post=54572368][/quote

Sorry about that..That same happened to my friend last week....He applied 2ice . In feel this are the things you need to do.
1. Try and have a travel history
2. Get married
Believe me this two things worked against my friend last week..He is 29/going to 30 this year ,single yet to marry.
The VO was asking of his age and also asking questions on accounting from the Basics to the proffessiinal all because he wants to attend a conference. He is not applying anytime soon.
I would advice you not to apply anytime soon until you are married and also have kid/kids. Then have at least two travel history. God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57