Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,656 members, 7,827,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1537773 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 8:57am On Mar 15, 2017
MsTiitii:

Are you a man? Because I have never seen a man so 'busy' to reply like this? It is well. God will elevate you. grin

Madam, please o, leave me alone o!, i said i agree with you and you win, jor o.. kilode gan? cheesy grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by optimusprime2(m): 9:04am On Mar 15, 2017
dotcomnamename:

grin This is my advise for you. Go and hire an Immigration Attorney because our nairaland Chief of the Non-Immigrant Visa Unit at the U.S. Consulate may ban you from entering the US for having the guts to say all that O! grin grin grin

Check this out from by kennethbentem: and d2ddayo: here https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/163#1792662.5233 grin
Looool!
Abeg o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by optimusprime2(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@optimusprime long time.
Thanks for that story/tp.
That's a perfect example of ties vs weight vis a vis surrounding circumstance. He had travel history but no apparent ties back home. Nothing really to bring him back. So the vo placed little weight on the travel history.
With this optimusprime's story, I hope I have convinced and not confused folks to STOP asking about their chances
Long time indeed Lady G!
Greetings & Respect!
Keep it rolling here, you are doing an Amazing job!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:51am On Mar 15, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@optimusprime long time.
Thanks for that story/tp.
That's a perfect example of ties vs weight vis a vis surrounding circumstance. He had travel history but no apparent ties back home. Nothing really to bring him back. So the vo placed little weight on the travel history.
With this optimusprime's story, I hope I have convinced and not confused folks to STOP asking about their chances

Chief Madam Head of debating society.... Ms LadyG our own heroine.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:16am On Mar 15, 2017
cheldas:

Ha, MamaG full of experience, you are so right that it could be technical issue from their end as you have just eased the tension of 54k comot for ma body. I've sent mail to them this morning.
Thank you so much, I'll keep you posted.

Pretty sorry, there's 99.9% chance you will have to cough out another NGN54,400.00. In essence, that money is pretty likely gone unless they have readjusted its consequences in recent times(because I believe there should be an influx of such complains/mistakes, and it will only be fair if such issues are looked into with another and much more favorable eye really, very unfortunate place to find one's self).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikiihardehx(f): 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hello everyone,
I was refused F1 student visa last year, cuz the vo thought there isnt any point foing for an associate degree why i can easily get a bsc.... Even though it was a private college.
, now i planned to apply for b1/b2 visitors visa, want to go for easter vacation with my dad,just for 5days though. He has good travel history and has also renewd his US visa, have also been to the UK.
#The main purpose of the visit is for easter vacation and also use that opportunity to visit some schools, make enquiries and all.
#The question is do you think the vo wont misunderstand my intention,
#what good response do you think i can given when asked why am applying for b1/b2 and not the f1 i was applied for
# plus i have 2 expired, and 1 valid UK visa
And i have as well been to the UK before
Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babyspice: 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
"Just 5 days" a big red flag. Doesn't make sense. And you already answered your question
now i planned to apply for b1/b2 visitors visa, want to go for easter vacation with my dad,just for 5days though

nikiihardehx:
Hello everyone,
I was refused F1 student visa last year, cuz the vo thought there isnt any point foing for an associate degree why i can easily get a bsc.... Even though it was a private college.
, now i planned to apply for b1/b2 visitors visa, want to go for easter vacation with my dad,just for 5days though. He has good travel history and has also renewd his US visa, have also been to the UK.
#The main purpose of the visit is for easter vacation and also use that opportunity to visit some schools, make enquiries and all.
#what good response do you think i can given when asked why am applying for b1/b2 and not the f1 i was applied for
Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikiihardehx(f): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
babyspice:
"Just 5 days" a big red flag. Doesn't make sense. And you already answered your question
now i planned to apply for b1/b2 visitors visa, want to go for easter vacation with my dad,just for 5days though

do you thing we should extend the length of stay then, probably 10days
Please i need some advice on the best way to go about it

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
nikiihardehx:
do you thing we should extend the length of stay then, probably 10days
Please i need some advice on the best way to go about it
Read this slowly.
Re read it.
Assimilate it. Then re read it again.
your purpose of visit is immaterial. If you want , you can travel for just 5 days to see snow or pose and snap inside a train
What is material is your TIES. Do you have ties? Self evalute before applying

Before you ask what 'ties' mean, check the previous page

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by indianeagle(m): 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
If you are a student aspiring to pursue you higher studies in the United States or if you are part of student exchange program from your university, then should be applying for F-1, M-1 or J-1 VISA. According to US law, children who are below 18 years of age are considered as minors and they need to furnish their Original birth certificate while applying for VISA. And that they should accompany their biological parents while appearing for the interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
1. How old are you?
2. How long has it been since your last application?
3. There are no good responses. Your response has to be reasonable to the VO. You can say I want to see snow and the VO will say "that's good enough for me". You have to think of a strong reason for going to the US for Easter holiday, and why you are going with your dad and not your mum as a family.
4. What will make you come back to Nigeria?
5. Why are you applying for a tourist visa, after applying for a student visa?
6. Why are you going for just five days?
7. Are you in the process of getting a BSc. ? If you say the VO felt that you can easily get a BSc. then, most likely he has made a note against your name on the system.
Try answering these question as though it is the VO that is asking them, it will help you in formulating your answers, because those are the one's you will remember and it will flow more naturally in your interview. My opinion.

nikiihardehx:
Hello everyone,
Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jenny2007(f): 2:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hello everyone,
Hope you lot are having a good day. It will be very ungrateful of me if I don't give a feedback on this forum concerning all that I have learnt here and how it has helped me in achieving my international travel goals.
First of all, I want to say thanks to every one that comments on here and posts their interview experience - those approved visas and those denied. I learned a lot about why the approved visas were issued and why the rejected applications did not sail through. I have been a silent reader on the Travel page on nairaland right from when I applied for an S.A visa last year. That was right in the middle of the Xenophobic attacks last year. I read the S.A visit visa pages and applied for my visa last year, with prayers and faith I was issued a visa. Now fast-forward to this year. I only applied for my U.S visit visa last week. Just in one week I read page 1- page 346 of this U.S visit visa forum. I prayed and fasted, made sure I was applying for the right type of visa, I read this forum like I was preparing for Bar Exams (lawyers), etc.
I advise that anyone applying to stick to whatever info you filled on your DHS-1 form. My appointment was for 7.15am today and the blue paper was been giving like free sweets to many but God favoured me.
Anyways, here goes my Transcript (nb: its my 1st time applying). I was interviewed by a White Male who hardly smiled

V.O: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning (with a smile)

V.O: Can I have your Passport
Me: (Passed it to him and he started typing fast)

V.O: Why are you going to the U.S?
Me: I wish to attend the NeoCon Event in Chicago Illinois... (V.I cuts in )

V.O: What's that? (NeoCon Event)
Me: It's a conference on Interior Designing

V.O: Ok. What do you do?
Me: I'm a businesswoman. I own a company called blah, blah, blah. We are into blah, blah, blah! (He was typing all through)

V.O: Have you travelled outside your country before?
Me: Yes i have actually been to the U.K, Dubai and recently South Africa. (He was going through my passport and spotted my previous S.A visa. Then he spotted my Old Passport and told me to hand it over. He glanced through my UK and Dubai Visas, including Stamps from my previous West African Countries trips to Ghana and Togo)

V.O: When was the last time you travelled to the UK?
Me: I studied a Diploma in Law over there between 2001- 2003 and came back home to do a full degree in Law (i studied law but I'm an Interior Designer)

V.O: (Stretching his right hand to collect the mighty white paper) Madam, your visa has been approved
Me: (Smiling) Thanks very much.

Guys, my travel history helped me. Also, the conference I am attending is completely related to my job. I was also very bold and relaxed. Thanks to God almighty and you lot. Best wishes to everyone still trying to get through the process. May God favour you IJN.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
Congratulations!

jenny2007:
Hello everyone,
Hope you lot are having a good day. It will be very ungrateful of me if I don't give a feedback on this forum concerning all that I have learnt here and how it has helped me in achieving my international travel goals.
First of all, I want to say thanks to every one that comments on here and posts their interview experience - those approved visas and those denied. I learned a lot about why the approved visas were issued and why the rejected applications did not sail through. I have been a silent reader on the Travel page on nairaland right from when I applied for an S.A visa last year. That was right in the middle of the Xenophobic attacks last year. I read the S.A visit visa pages and applied for my visa last year, with prayers and faith I was issued a visa. Now fast-forward to this year. I only applied for my U.S visit visa last week. Just in one week I read page 1- page 346 of this U.S visit visa forum. I prayed and fasted, made sure I was applying for the right type of visa, I read this forum like I was preparing for Bar Exams (lawyers), etc.
I advise that anyone applying to stick to whatever info you filled on your DHS-1 form. My appointment was for 7.15am today and the blue paper was been giving like free sweets to many but God favoured me.
Anyways, here goes my Transcript (nb: its my 1st time applying). I was interviewed by a White Male who hardly smiled

Me: I'm a businesswoman. I own a company called blah, blah, blah. We are into blah, blah, blah! (He was typing all through)

Me: Yes i have actually been to the U.K, Dubai and recently South Africa. (He was going through my passport and spotted my previous S.A visa. Then he spotted my Old Passport and told me to hand it over. He glanced through my UK and Dubai Visas, including Stamps from my previous West African Countries trips to Ghana and Togo)

Me: I studied a Diploma in Law over there between 2001- 2003 and came back home to do a full degree in Law (i studied law but I'm an Interior Designer)

V.O: (Stretching his right hand to collect the mighty white paper) Madam, your visa has been approved

Guys, my travel history helped me. Also, the conference I am attending is completely related to my job. I was also very bold and relaxed. Thanks to God almighty and you lot. Best wishes to everyone still trying to get through the process. May God favour you IJN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Pretty sorry, there's 99.9% chance you will have to cough out another NGN54,400.00. In essence, that money is pretty likely gone unless they have readjusted its consequences in recent times(because I believe there should be an influx of such complains/mistakes, and it will only be fair if such issues are looked into with another and much more favorable eye really, very unfortunate place to find one's self).

You are right OmoBendel24,
MadamG, BabaSey, Whole House, i had to cough out another money this morning when i got their mail.
I wouldn't have coughed out another payment but the hotel i booked online has charged my card. Now i have another receipt with me(NGN54,400.00paid), should i go ahead and book or i should wait a while before i schedule appt because my hotel bookings starts next month. Hope all these won't seems like desperation, I just don't want the money they debited on my card go just like that without utilizing.
Pls help your boy.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikiihardehx(f): 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. How old are you?
2. How long has it been since your last application?
3. There are no good responses. Your response has to be reasonable to the VO. You can say I want to see snow and the VO will say "that's good enough for me". You have to think of a strong reason for going to the US for Easter holiday, and why you are going with your dad and not your mum as a family.
4. What will make you come back to Nigeria?
5. Why are you applying for a tourist visa, after applying for a student visa?
6. Why are you going for just five days?
7. Are you in the process of getting a BSc. ? If you say the VO felt that you can easily get a BSc. then, most likely he has made a note against your name on the system.
Try answering these question as though it is the VO that is asking them, it will help you in formulating your answers, because those are the one's you will remember and it will flow more naturally in your interview. My opinion.

thanks a lot for your response
My last application was made mid sept last year,
Also, yes i still have the plan of getting bsc, during my visit to London i visited some colleges, and still expecting their response.. Aside the easter holiday, have a friend whose graduation is on may, had the mind of going for it then use the opportunity to meet the professors, make enquiries about my course of study etc, then also visit some schools....
# do you think thats enough
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yinksob002: 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Congrats..
KaptainAfrika:
Congratulations!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Wiseoldman: 1:54am On Mar 16, 2017
cheldas:

MadamG, BabaSey, Whole House, i had to cough out another money this morning when i got their mail.
I wouldn't have coughed out another payment but the hotel i booked online has charged my card. Now i have another receipt with me(NGN54,400.00paid), should i go ahead and book or i should wait a while before i schedule appt because my hotel bookings starts next month. Hope all these won't seems like desperation, I just don't want the money they debited on my card go just like that without utilizing.
Pls help your boy.
Thanks

How did u book and pay for hotel online. All the online bookings i can see are "Pay at the hotel". I would like to have this booking sorted out here with full confirmation prior to travelling.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:20am On Mar 16, 2017
cheldas:

Pls help your boy.
Thanks
You are doing everything wrong
1. You can book for an accomodation without paying. You just take a look at the options and choose the one that accepts booking without payment.
2. You are not expected to spend any money BEFORE you get your visa (though you will get the money back when you cancel , with a surcharge), so yes, iin my own opinion, I would see your efforts as trying too hard.
3. A hotel booking is supposed to coincide with the travel date and not interview date abi? So that is what you should be considering

@wiseoldman the 'pay at the hotel option ' is actually better , in my opinion. See nos 2 above for the reason
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 4:46am On Mar 16, 2017
seyewest:

www.ustraveldoc.com

Please house how do I get a date like one week for interview as I am trying to schedule a date for the interview I could only see dates like two days very much closer dates please I need to get a date like one week so I could prepare... This house is full of answers and ideas I know
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cheldas: 6:59am On Mar 16, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

You are doing everything wrong
1. You can book for an accomodation without paying. You just take a look at the options and choose the one that accepts booking without payment.
2. You are not expected to spend any money BEFORE you get your visa (though you will get the money back when you cancel , with a surcharge), so yes, iin my own opinion, I would see your efforts as trying too hard.
3. A hotel booking is supposed to coincide with the travel date and not interview date abi? So that is what you should be considering

@wiseoldman the 'pay at the hotel option ' is actually better , in my opinion. See nos 2 above for the reason

MadamG, na booking.com i go ooooo and i don't see the option of the one that accepts booking without payment na so so reserve i dey see or maybe i didn't look well.
Yes, my hotel booking date is tally with the travel date everything in april.
Now should i cancel the hotel booking, request for a refund and look for another hotel when I'm not expected to spend any money BEFORE i get visa?
Also, should i go ahead scheduling another appointment or i hold on for a while? I'm asking this based on the drop-box issues i had recently. Hope this will not look or sounds desperately. I have mission in Lagos in few week time so I'm thinking of doing everything together same week I'll be visiting Lasgidi
What's your suggestion my people?.
Thank you all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2017
jenny2007:
Hello everyone,

Ooooh. you were never asked if you were married? Thank you for stating 'Travel History'. Congratulations boo! grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:00pm On Mar 16, 2017
jenny2007:
Hello everyone,
Hope you lot are having a good day. It will be very ungrateful of me if I don't give a feedback on this forum concerning all that I have learnt here

Congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikiihardehx(f): 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2017
nikiihardehx:
Also, yes i still have the plan of getting bsc, during my visit to London i visited some colleges, and still expecting their response.. Aside the easter holiday, have a friend whose graduation is on may, had the mind of going for it then use the opportunity to meet the professors, make enquiries about my course of study etc, then also visit some schools....
am waiting pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
Rrr
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
See me and wahala!! Please friends am trying to fill my DS 160 application form under personal information 2 the website is requesting I should provide social security number I have not held any other nationality before please house what should I do Please somebody help me??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
Please I have not held any other nationality before am a Nigerian please how can I go about this I wish to continue but it doesn't allow me to continue please I need Advice from you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2017
MsFiifi:
See me and wahala!! Please friends am trying to fill my DS 160 application form under personal information 2 the website is requesting I should provide social security number I have not held any other nationality before please house what should I do Please somebody help me??

LOL. Skip it now. And if it's still requesting, try logging out and then logging in again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
nikiihardehx:
am waiting pls

You can never know what you will be asked. But if you plan on visiting schools, most universities in America have 'Open days', selected days you can come, take a University tour and then ask questions. Try and check online for the open day of the university you would like to attend and register. But I don't think VO's are interested in hearing you want to go and check for schools, so many people applied in Nigeria, got admitted without going there to physically check the school. You can practically take a virtual tour on the internet. Everything is a 2 way streak. What works for Ada, may not work for Peter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry357: 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2017
nikiihardehx:

Please forget this plan.
Visiting schools in person is something people do not do.
It may well look like a desperate attempt at a visa.
Save your money and avoid complications.
Do your research on line and apply to good schools.
Avoid private colleges and one room schools!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:22pm On Mar 16, 2017
Do not reapply. My honest and final advice for you. Unless you want to risk being banned.

nikiihardehx:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
MsTiitii:

LOL. Skip it now. And if it's still requesting, try logging out and then logging in again.

For crying out loud I can't fill my DS 160 application form under personal information 2 the website keep requesting for social security number help me oooooooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MsFiifi: 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
MsTiitii:

For crying out loud I can't fill my DS 160 application form under personal information 2 the website keep requesting for social security number help me oooooooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.