Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531346 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 9:29am On Apr 28, 2017
please the DS-160 online application website is not showing up this morning... I thought they said that the maintenance would be by tomorrow have anyone tried it this morning as well? please reply asap
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:31am On Apr 28, 2017
skinnyberry:

Hahaha. The omugwu na naija na. Destination is NY. Massachusetts is someone that can identify me oooo.
No, it doesnt work like that.

Or maybe I am wrong, but contact person should be the contact person at your destination. If you are using hotel, then u choose organization and put the hotel as your contact details.

I think you got it all mixed up

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2017
busybrain001:

Well, the VO has the right to wonder about my true intentions, but my worry is that he should hv giving me the opportunity to clarify any thing he is not so certain of, instead of just denying outrightly based on discretion...

Am going to Cali for a convention, and there is no way I would be in Cali and not visit tourist attractions...or is it wrong telling the VO about your whole body plans!??
were you interviewed in Lagos and was it an Asian looking guy that interviewed you?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Aunty Sugah, been a long while we saw you around here oh! Peeping in? I sight you, many regards Sis.... Abeg, who see BenIy.oha01 by mistake at all since?

Just peeping and learning new stuff on here

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 11:12am On Apr 28, 2017
skinnyberry:

Thank you MechM for replying. It's actually a very close friend with a green card. Hmmn!!

Is this friend male or female?

nefertitiram:

Or maybe I am wrong, but contact person should be the contact person at your destination. If you are using hotel, then u choose organization and put the hotel as your contact details.

I also made this mistake in my first visit visa. I put the contact of a friend because I thought it's just a means to identify me. His location was NC and my intended visit location was FL.
The VO asked my relationship with him, if I'd be visiting and if I was running away to marry the guy shocked
Good thing I already had an F1 visa and returned to naija, I might have been denied.

****But the major ish might be the 'visas' on the passport..... Search well, flip through your passport again and be sure an agent did not 'put' a visa on it.
Next time be clear on your purpose of visit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olaoye15(m): 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
tolutayo:

Good morning all, God Bless all the members of this wonderful forum, I have been preping myself by reading your posts for Two(2) months now, Please I have a question and need your assistance, My Wife & I are about applying for Visit Visa to the US and I have relative over there that is willing to help with an invitation based on this I need help on the following questions:

1. What are the information I need from her?
2. What her the things she is required to do?
3. Which is much better opting to stay in an hotel or staying with her and my Uncle.
4. What are the things that are required from me?
5. Which is much better using her as my sponsor or myself?

This is all for now.

God Bless you as you assist me with answers.

Best regards,

save yourself from an imminent insult. take time to read the first two threads and you will find answers to your question. guys are too busy to attend to such unimportant questions..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Zoombe: 1:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hi everyone, does Passbook number on Ds-160 form mean the same thing as 32 or 64 leaf we know? Kindly help oo. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
Zoombe:
Hi everyone, does Passbook number on Ds-160 form mean the same thing as 32 or 64 leaf we know? Kindly help oo. Thanks

Is the site going through?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Shigoboy(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hello guys, I'll be going for my interview by mid may, I'm a farmer, I realize my profit at the end of a circle (after harvesting) that's 7- 8 months, my question goes thus, if I am asked how much I earn, is it necessary I state some amount as monthly income or I have to explain my self just the way the system of my work is? Secondly, my agent adviced my to use married as my marital status due to my age, but I dont have any married certificate to back this up, but he told me that's not necessary, I'm worried about this also, any advice?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
Shigoboy:
Hello guys, I'll be going for my interview by mid may, I'm a farmer, I realize my profit at the end of a circle (after harvesting) that's 7- 8 months, my question goes thus, if I am asked how much I earn, is it necessary I state some amount as monthly income or I have to explain my self just the way the system of my work is? Secondly, my agent adviced my to use married as my marital status due to my age, but I dont have any married certificate to back this up, but he told me that's not necessary, I'm worried about this also, any advice?
You have just made one of the biggest mistakes . These agents do not care about you, he is only interested in the fee he will get.
You better before the interview fill another form and swap it, even if visa is not issued always make sure your record is true. I repeat do not proceed with the interview, drop that agent and fill new form yourself with your true details.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Shigoboy(m): 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
constance234:

You have just made one of the biggest mistakes . These agents do not care about you, he is only interested in the fee he will get.
You better before the interview fill another form and swap it, even if visa is not issued always make sure your record is true. I repeat do not proceed with the interview, drop that agent and fill new form yourself with your true details.
Please how do go about filling a new form? *
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
Shigoboy:

Please how do go about filling a new form? *
Read a few pages back, you should see where form swapping has been explained.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Shigoboy(m): 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
constance234:

Read a few pages back, you should see where form swapping has been explained.

Okay, thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Shigoboy(m): 2:55pm On Apr 28, 2017
Falodefunsho:
Hi everyone,I've been observing this trend for a while before my visa interview today and was granted visa by God's grace. My interview transcript goes thus;

Vo:: hi,good morning. How are you
Me: I'm fine,thank you and you?
Vo:: why are you travelling to the us??
Me: To attend the rotary international convention.
Vo:: Why do you want to attend the convention?
Me: Because blah blah blah
Vo:: What type of projects do you do in rotary??
Me: I explained
Vo: What do you do?
Me: I'm a student
Vo: what are you studying?
Me: Marine Biology
Vo: what are your courses?
me: I stated what Marine Biology entails.
Vo: You'll be through with school soon right?
Me: Yes,sometime in December.
Vo: What do you parents do?
Me: I explained
PO: What would you like to do in future?
Me : I explained.
Vo:: You'll get your passport on Friday or Monday.

What I found out is,three things are important in Visa Application 1. Grace of God(cause a friend of mine applied through the same process and we were interviewed almost at the same time but was denied visa) 2. Self-Confidence and 3. Clarity of Purpose.
Best of God guys.

Fellowship!!! Congratulations, I'll also be going for interview soon, base on the convention also, can I have a private chat with you? Please drop your email or any contact for me, thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Zoombe: 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
Vorpal:

Is the site going through?

Yea..though dragging. With fast internet you are good.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Zoombe: 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
My purpose of traveling is pleasure. Should I jst pick b2 rather than b1/b2, or I should pick b1/b2. Is the Passbook number on Ds-160s form same thing as 32 or 64 leaf . Pls help!!!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by peeta4u(m): 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
pls hw much is BI/B2 visa fees nw?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
Zoombe:

Yea..though dragging. With fast internet you are good.

It's only fast on me phone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
peeta4u:
pls hw much is BI/B2 visa fees nw?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 9:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
seyewest:

Thought there was no tickbox for travel history on females ds160...

Oh yes, you are right, I noticed in all my family's application, all the female dont have travel history but the male had. My first application, I thought I filled a wrong form, I kept refilling several ds160 forms thinking I was filling a wrong form because I was also completing a male family member's form then. I dont no why that is so
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sparrow76(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
skinnyberry:
Hello guys, WELLDONE ON THIS PLATFORM. here goes my transcript for my interview on the 25th of April, 2017

VO: Good morning.
Me: Hello Good morning.
VO: Why are you going to New York?
Me: I am going on a vacation, sightseeing and a tour.
VO:What do you do?
Me: I am a lawyer. i work as a legal advisor with the legal department of .....
VO: How long have you worked with this organisation?
Me: 3 years and 8 months.
VO: Do you have a family in Massachusetts? ( I had used my friend's name in Massachusetts as my US point of contact)
Me: No, just a friend.
VO: Have you traveled before?
Me: Yes, Dubai and South Africa.
VO: Can i see your old passports please?
Me: Sure. (Flips through passport)
VO: Unfortunately i cannot grant you a Visa.....bla bla bla

Please guys, what do I do? Should I reapply? That trip is important to me as I planned to have a nice time with my boyfriend who was going to travel to US from the UK. Besides, this is my only chance at a vacation as I will be assisting my sister when she is delivered of a baby in August. The rest of my annual leave would be spent with her in the south south of naija. CHEI!!!
Urgent reply please.

THANK YOU.

I got different opinions, I have read in this very forum when someone is going on vacation in another State in US and has a family in another state and was given visa. I think her approach to the question matter, she should have said, yes I got a friend in Massachusetts but I'm not visiting her this time as I want a time for myself alone. Vo know most Nigerian got family in US.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Evraunited: 12:11am On Apr 29, 2017
@omobendel, pls explain d US CONTACT on d form and if you know anybody in US. Please what's the difference. Pls I need d answer asap.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Evraunited: 12:15am On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=OmoBendel24 post=55995535]

shocked identify kwa? US contact isn't about one that can identify you oh Sis....[/quote

Please bros I used the name of the person sending the invitation letter for d US CONTACt. Bt I filled I don't no anybody in US]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Zoombe: 8:07am On Apr 29, 2017
Good morning all, on my interview scheduled confirmation, my surname didn't come first. Is their any issue with that? Kindly reply asap. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2017
Zoombe:
Good morning all, on my interview scheduled confirmation, my surname didn't come first. Is their any issue with that? Kindly reply asap. Thank you

What day did your interview fall on?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Erleo1986: 10:02am On Apr 29, 2017
Please, I need an urgent advice. My cousin is graduating from USC on 12, and my uncle the dad want to send an invitation for us to attend. Five in number coz that's the maximum. Is there a way we can send the letter directly to the embassy.

Also one of the invitee was recently refused entry @POE coz they think he lied about her invitation, how do we approach this.

I respect this forum, I have seen this tread is very long, I don't know if the question has been answered b4, I will appreciate if any one can help again coz it's going to be difficult going Tru this thread page by page from part, 1

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 29, 2017
Good morning good people! I got a b1/b2 visa for vacation with my wife and son sometimes last year....due to one or two things, we have been unable to go....I now have a conference ds year in another state.....can I use the existing visa for it or I have to apply for another one ?.....is there any process I have to follow thru with? Kindly advice on the next step for to be able to attend the conference. Sincere advice pls....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
Erleo1986:
Please, I need an urgent advice. My cousin is graduating from USC on 12, and my uncle the dad want to send an invitation for us to attend. Five in number coz that's the maximum. Is there a way we can send the letter directly to the embassy.

Also one of the invitee was recently refused entry @POE coz they think he lied about her invitation, how do we approach this.

I respect this forum, I have seen this tread is very long, I don't know if the question has been answered b4, I will appreciate if any one can help again coz it's going to be difficult going Tru this thread page by page from part, 1

Thanks
Your question is unclear.
Generally, letter of ivs are not asked for so the person deported at poe has not said the whole truth.
The presence or absense of A letter of invite will not stand as a bar/ increase to the issuance of a visa. Presence of satisfactory home ties is the primary consideration. It is the vo that decides if ties are sufficent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
"Also one of the invitee was recently refused entry @POE coz they think he lied about her invitation, how do we approach this"

FIND OUT FROM HIM WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED AND THEN GET BACK TO THE FORUM. IT MIGHT AFFECT YOU GUYS, WHEN YOU WISH TO GO FOR THE GRADUATION. YOU GET?

Erleo1986:

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
"Also one of the invitee was recently refused entry @POE coz they think he lied about her invitation, how do we approach this"

FIND OUT FROM HIM WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED AND THEN GET BACK TO THE FORUM. IT MIGHT AFFECT YOU GUYS, WHEN YOU WISH TO GO FOR THE GRADUATION. YOU GET?

left to me I will visa interview will come 3 days before the person that was deported at POE... Make e no go use e own spoil our own.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by skinnyberry: 7:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
sparrow76:

I got different opinions, I have read in this very forum when someone is going on vacation in another State in US and has a family in another state and was given visa. I think her approach to the question matter, she should have said, yes I got a friend in Massachusetts but I'm not visiting her this time as I want a time for myself alone. Vo know most Nigerian got family in US.
Thank you for this info. I appreciate. Thank you to all who volunteered info.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
nefertitiram:

Or maybe I am wrong, but contact person should be the contact person at your destination, WHETHER YOU KNOW/HAVE MET THE PERSON PHYSICALLY OR NOT (emphasis mine). If you are using hotel, then u choose organization and put the hotel as your contact details.

@EvraUnited, this should help. Meanwhile, hope the said US contact you used isn't an individual you know personally/physically sha? Else you are joking to have filled in the form that you know no one in the US. LadyG actually made an observation here in the past that an in depth study of the DS160 form will reveal that it is verily designed to expose inconsistencies in applications, and I concur to this. Watch it....

Evraunited:
@omobendel, pls explain d US CONTACT on d form and if you know anybody in US. Please what's the difference. Pls I need d answer asap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.