Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538438 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
nikkycool:
Hello gurus in the house.What is work visa,how can one go about it?please advise.

I'm only joking oooo.... Work visa is near impossible to get from Nigeria... forget about it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
seyewest:

I'm only joking oooo.... Work visa is near impossible to get from Nigeria... forget about it.
Ok thank,I for jump grab my copy for it.LooolsMeanwhile can a family of 6 apply for visiting visa for Vacation.I.e 4 kids and the parents.Will they be granted the opportunity and has it happened before.Thanks soo much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
seyewest:

Who said?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tywo2017: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Yes, provided you have a strong reason and ties mind you, the school period of the kids is very important [the quote author=nikkycool post=58085281]Ok thank,I for jump grab my copy for it.LooolsMeanwhile can a family of 6 apply for visiting visa for Vacation.I.e 4 kids and the parents.Will they be granted the opportunity and has it happened before.Thanks soo much.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HenryWilliams(m): 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
Evening everyone.
I'd like to know the information required for US contact in the DS-160 form? Would the person's SSN be needed?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
nikkycool:
Ok thank,I for jump grab my copy for it.LooolsMeanwhile can a family of 6 apply for visiting visa for Vacation.I.e 4 kids and the parents.Will they be granted the opportunity and has it happened before.Thanks soo much.
Sure so far you have the requirement needed for that to happen no wahala at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
seyewest:

Sure so far you have the requirement needed for that to happen no wahala at all.
Thank you and God bless for the reply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
HenryWilliams:
Evening everyone.
I'd like to know the information required for US contact in the DS-160 form? Would the person's SSN be needed?
Thanks
No
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
What's with this question? I keep seeing posters writing this, and I am very very sure VO has NEVER asked this. 'What did you do'? Like, what did you do to get arrested or what?

fabiyem1983:
VO: Good morning
Me:Good morning madam
VO:Your passport
Me:I passed my passport.
VO:What are your travelling plan
Me:I wanna go on vacation
VO:Where in the US.
Me:I said minnesota
VO:Are u married
Me:I said yes with a daughter
VO:Have u travelled before
Me:Yes to ghana
VO:Where do u work
Me:I mentioned my company's name
VO:What did u do
Me: I said I'm the operations officer
VO:She started typing and said sorry u can not be issued a visa now.
Pls can I know where I went wrong

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
seyewest:

Sorry please what are the requirements?kindly educate me more so as to know the next line of action.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZinoIce: 5:03am On Jul 04, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:

You can stay for 16 days if you can afford it.

You don't have to pay the $1,800 except it's refundable. Go to the interview and explain the situation.

Consul : Have you made payment for the conference?

You: NO, payment will be made today once my visa is approved.

The consul usually advise applicants against making upfront payment for tickets, medical bill, conference e.t.c. except they have a visa.

Go through the thread thoroughly, you'll overcome your fears.

Thanks I really appreciate your response. Infact, I have not made payment and that was exactly my thoughts to say am applying earlier so I can make payment for early birds discounted.

Just to mention; My travel histry are Ireland, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and Macua... Though I listed only Ireland on ds-160 because it's the only country I have been to within the last five years for studies. Hopefully, if VO ask for my old passports other countries will be seen. I appreciate your time...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZinoIce: 5:36am On Jul 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Uncle nobody responded because your questions show you haven't done any research AT ALL.
i'm at work and very busy but can point you in the right directions
No. It is a fallacy what your somebody said. A B visa covers conference and vacation. Read the embassy website na! We aren't travelling with you. If it will benefit your career then asking for half and half advice will get u nowhere.
You can get a visa as early as u wish.
Documents are not checked so don't bother.
READ THE THREAD TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED

Thanks for responding but maybe you didn't get my questions correctly. I appreciate your confirmation that documents are not usually checked so will not even bring them except a letter from my work place in addition to those visa confirmations and receipt listed. My travel history they will see from my passports.

I wanted direct advice on my true situation to the following questions if asked as I was wondering if VO would be patient enough to ask for clearing any doubts?

It's 5 days conference so why are you staying 16 days?

Answer: I will be attending the conference during my long holiday so I hope to spend some more days visiting Orlando fun sights and attend a music concert by marc Anthony after the conference.

Are you married?

Answer: No or Not yet but I have a beautiful daughter

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by danielayodele16(m): 6:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Good morning all. Am so blessed to be here as I have learned a lot already.my interview is next month and the agent that filled my DS 160 form fill place of arrival California and departure new York . my question is how do I defend this and hope it won't affect my visa been approved. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 6:36am On Jul 04, 2017
danielayodele16:
Good morning all. Am so blessed to be here as I have learned a lot already.my interview is next month and the agent that filled my DS 160 form fill place of arrival California and departure new York . my question is how do I defend this and hope it won't affect my visa been approved. Thank you.

Coast to Coast, not bad! But what takes you to both places?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:03am On Jul 04, 2017
danielayodele16:
Ah ah uncle Daniel, ask the agent why he filled it that way Na. How can one tell you the reason for another person's action when u can ask him direct?
Any thing one tells u here will be a made up story

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:16am On Jul 04, 2017
ZinoIce:

Thanks for responding but maybe you didn't get my questions correctly. I appreciate your confirmation that documents are not usually checked so will not even bring them except a letter from my work place in addition to those visa confirmations and receipt listed. My travel history they will see from my passports.

I wanted direct advice on my true situation to the following questions if asked as I was wondering if VO would be patient enough to ask for clearing any doubts?

It's 5 days conference so why are you staying 16 days?

Answer: I will be attending the conference during my long holiday so I hope to spend some more days visiting Orlando fun sights and attend a music concert by marc Anthony after the conference.

Are you married?

Answer: No or Not yet but I have a beautiful daughter
Yes I did. It is better for you to get answers logically and not be fed so u can be prepared to think logically during the interview
If a B visa covers vacation and conference as well..
Then what is the crime in staying over a few extra days to sightsee?
Imagine if I'm in the same town with Kilimanjaro for a conference, I finish the conference and I don't take a tour to the mountain.... Now that's weird.
BUT as stated earlier your purpose of travel remains secondary to ties. The vo must be convinced about your ties.

Which brings us to your second question. Yes. You should mention your daughter. However let's look at it logically again. U have a daughter by whom? I assume u are a guy? If you are female does she live with u?
If a guy, then where S her mom? As you didn't marry her clearly she can't you down. If your daughter doesn't live with u, same thing. If u have survived without her living with u then u could as well be sending up keep from the US. Have u seen how in less than a minute what you thought was a tie has been shifted to the 'non tie' column?
NB: the source of the above is my opinion and conjecture for you to ponder on

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hello house please, i need some clarity.
I applied for the Visa lottery that cancelled in 2012 or so, do i need to point that out also during my interview?
I already stated that i was denied in 2013 at my last interview but i didn't include the visa lottery because i felt
it didn't count as part of an immigrant visa.

cc: seyewest
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
nikkycool:
Sorry please what are the requirements?kindly educate me more so as to know the next line of action.Thanks
The requirement are:
What do you do for a living and how much do you earn? Can your 2-3 months salary cover your trip to U.S
Marital status
travel history
job history
purpose of travel etc
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Yes I did. It is better for you to get answers logically and not be fed so u can be prepared to think logically during the interview
If a B visa covers vacation and conference as well..
Then what is the crime in staying over a few extra days to sightsee?
Imagine if I'm in the same town with Kilimanjaro for a conference, I finish the conference and I don't take a tour to the mountain.... Now that's weird.
BUT as stated earlier your purpose of travel remains secondary to ties. The vo must be convinced about your ties.

Which brings us to your second question. Yes. You should mention your daughter. However let's look at it logically again. U have a daughter by whom? I assume u are a guy? If you are female does she live with u?
If a guy, then where S her mom? As you didn't marry her clearly she can't you down. If your daughter doesn't live with u, same thing. If u have survived without her living with u then u could as well be sending up keep from the US. Have u seen how in less than a minute what you thought was a tie has been shifted to the 'non tie' column?
NB: the source of the above is my opinion and conjecture for you to ponder on
Lady G your brain eh... waiting for US Embassy to employ you for consultation grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
fpeter:
I applied for the Visa lottery that cancelled in 2012 or so, do i need to point that out also during my interview?
I already stated that i was denied in 2013 at my last interview but i didn't include the visa lottery because i felt

it does not count. don't worry about it alot of people with U.S visa applied for visa lottery.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
seyewest:

it does not count. don't worry about it alot of people with U.S visa applied for visa lottery.

Thanks. Please one last question, my half brother invited me in 2013 when i was denied so i had to also state it this time around that i have someone in the USA. Now, he is my blood brother from a different mother(American mum) but we are from the same father. My father adopted the American woman's first son before they got married. The adopted son bears my father's name, we have never met and he doesn't relate to me and so i didn't add him as my brother, would that cost me anything or i should explain to the VO before interview? I didn't add him because we don't communicate.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by angie88: 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks to all dat has posted their transcript here, they were helpful. I and my father in law had our interview yesterday at Abuja. though I was given green copy bt father in law gt white paper. Here are d transcript s.
father inlaws...
vo:where r u going to
father:maryland
vo:what r ur plans to visit there
father:for my daughter's wedding anniversary (brings out d photo without d vo asking)
vo:looks at d pics and said ok u can keep it back.
vo:how many children do u hv
father:6 children
vo:r u retired or still working
father:still very active in business (states d nature of his job)
vo:ok I have to keep ur passport for processing congrats
father: thank u

here is mine....
vo:where r u travelling to
me:maryland
vo:wot for
me:for my husband sister's wedding
vo:have u travelled before
me:nope
vo:wot do u do
me:I answered
vo:continue typing) wots ur husband job
me:he's a business man (describe d business)
vo:typed for lik some minutes and sorry u dont qualify for a visa today try again next time.

I wonder y I was rejected. bt thank God dat our journey was not a waste since my father in law gt his.Hw I wish yhey used to transfer d visa....... just joking

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ABcollege(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
fpeter:

Just remember the details you filled in your last DS form. It's very important. Make sure that your story is coherent. Be smart and straight to the point. You should always make sure that your establish your point a non immigrant not a potential immigrant. Good luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
ABcollege:

Just remember the details you filled in your last DS form. It's very important. Make sure that your story is coherent. Be smart and straight to the point. You should always make sure that your establish your point a non immigrant not a potential immigrant. Good luck

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Propertyeighty: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks so much for this Thread.
My question : Im married with 3 Kids,the eldest 6years old,the other ones 3 years and one year old respectively. I work with a multinational Coy here in Nigeria as an HR Officer,As a family we are planning to visit the US later this year but the cost of going with the whole family might be much on us.
Im thinking if it will be possible to travel with my wife and just one of our kids preferably the youngest.
Please i want to know what could be the outcome of such interview?
thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ABcollege(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks to guys on this trend and the senior trend on Nairaland. I had my interview yesterday. It was a success. I was so nervous because it was my first time and it was for an Energy conference. I kept praying in my mind not to be interviewed by the VO on the number 6 but I still got the guy anyways. I believe God wanted to prove a point.

VO: You're going to Texas?

ME: Yes.

VO: What for?

ME: For an Energy conference organized by the Society of Petroleum Engineers.

VO: What do you do?

ME: I'm an Engineer for my firm

VO: What do you do for them?

ME: I'm a Research and Development Engineer.

VO: What do you develop?

ME: I design Inverters for the firm

VO: What does Inverter do?

ME: I explained (Telling him that our company is an off grid solar energy service company)

VO: What connects your energy company with Petroleum?

ME: I start to explain to him that petroleum is all about energy, that topics related to solar energy will be discussed in the conference.

VO: Explained and try and convince me the connection between this conference and your career?

ME: I started to tell him about the event contents. I told him that the conference has 8short courses for professionals and that I will be participating in one of the short course - I named the course. That the conference has 5panel section which three of the sections concerns our company and what we are doing currently. I was just talking trying to tell him that we import the products of some of the companies that will be exhibiting on the event... He then said - Sir, your Visa have be approved. Use this paper and pick it up at your ordered location. I said Thank you and I left.

I was so excited. I really am still excited, I have not been able to take a deep sleep since yesterday. He didn't even ask about my accommodation and about any other document other than my passport. The real miracle was that I was one of the few if not the first person the guy approved yesterday. Thanks to Baba God. Thanks to all of you guys.

Please, know that, with the right information and by filing your DS form properly, you don't have to be afraid when.you go for the visa interview. Just go straight to the point. Some will fill some thing in the DS and then say another thing when asked about what they do. Always remember that Oyibo no get time for your stories especially when it's not specific. When reserving your hotel, please, go for the very cheap one the VO, understand that not all of us have a lot of money. In all, pray to God for assistance. Praise him first for giving you the sense to even reach the level of knowing what to do and the money to apply for the visa first then, he will make a way for you, like he did mine.

This post is very long but I just have to pour out my heart.

P.S. I have not travelled out of Nigeria before.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ABcollege(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
Propertyeighty:
Thanks so much for this Thread.
My question : Im married with 3 Kids,the eldest 6years old,the other ones 3 years and one year old respectively. I work with a multinational Coy here in Nigeria as an HR Officer,As a family we are planning to visit the US later this year but the cost of going with the whole family might be much on us.
Im thinking if it will be possible to travel with my wife and just one of our kids preferably the youngest.
Please i want to know what could be the outcome of such interview?
thanks!

It can be a success. You should book the interview together as a family. You, your wife and the kid. Pick a location that the kid likes very much - Disneyland - and make a reservation to attend. Let your reasons be child like and intimate. Believe God. You never really know outcomes until you try. Good luck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nipple(f): 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Nipple:
Great job on this thread people .

So I have done a lot of reading through here but I need to know if I have it put together so some extent .

Planning to go on vacation/annual leave in October .
I'm 30, single and I work . Earn about 150k per month
Planning to spend my stay in US with my cousin and his family in Chicago .

These concerns .
- I listed him as a sponsor (since he would be responsible for my accommodation and feeding ). am i right to have done this ?
- he migrated to the US though school Bsc ,married and stayed back . I fear how he migrated might work against me .
- already filled my DS160 and submitted but I haven't made payment or booked any appointment . Do I need to write to the embassy still if I want to fill a new one and begin the application afresh ?
Could someone please help with this ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nikkycool(f): 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
seyewest:

The requirement are:
What do you do for a living and how much do you earn? Can your 2-3 months salary cover your trip to U.S
Marital status
travel history
job history
purpose of travel etc
Thank you so much,I really appreciate your response.Note we are first timer in travelling hope it wont count against us.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DoraOwunna(f): 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
ABcollege:
Thanks to guys on this trend and the senior trend on Nairaland. I had my interview yesterday. It was a success. I was so nervous because it was my first time and it was for an Energy conference. I kept praying in my mind not to be interviewed by the VO on the number 6 but I still got the guy anyways. I believe God wanted to prove a point.

VO: You're going to Texas?

ME: Yes.

VO: What for?

ME: For an Energy conference organized by the Society of Petroleum Engineers.

VO: What do you do?

ME: I'm an Engineer for my firm

VO: What do you do for them?

ME: I'm a Research and Development Engineer.

VO: What do you develop?

ME: I design Inverters for the firm

VO: What does Inverter do?

ME: I explained (Telling him that our company is an off grid solar energy service company)

VO: What connects your energy company with Petroleum?

ME: I start to explain to him that petroleum is all about energy, that topics related to solar energy will be discussed in the conference.

VO: Explained and try and convince me the connection between this conference and your career?

ME: I started to tell him about the event contents. I told him that the conference has 8short courses for professionals and that I will be participating in one of the short course - I named the course. That the conference has 5panel section which three of the sections concerns our company and what we are doing currently. I was just talking trying to tell him that we import the products of some of the companies that will be exhibiting on the event... He then said - Sir, your Visa have be approved. Use this paper and pick it up at your ordered location. I said Thank you and I left.

I was so excited. I really am still excited, I have not been able to take a deep sleep since yesterday. He didn't even ask about my accommodation and about any other document other than my passport. The real miracle was that I was one of the few if not the first person the guy approved yesterday. Thanks to Baba God. Thanks to all of you guys.

Please, know that, with the right information and by filing your DS form properly, you don't have to be afraid when.you go for the visa interview. Just go straight to the point. Some will fill some thing in the DS and then say another thing when asked about what they do. Always remember that Oyibo no get time for your stories especially when it's not specific. When reserving your hotel, please, go for the very cheap one the VO, understand that not all of us have a lot of money. In all, pray to God for assistance. Praise him first for giving you the sense to even reach the level of knowing what to do and the money to apply for the visa first then, he will make a way for you, like he did mine.

This post is very long but I just have to pour out my heart.

P.S. I have not travelled out of Nigeria before.

Congrats!!!!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
nikkycool:
Thank you so much,I really appreciate your response.Note we are first timer in travelling hope it wont count against us.
That's left for the V.O to decide.

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.