Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532428 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2017
Okay bye bye na. If you got the visa, would you have written all this long epistles. Its painful not to be successful in a venture, but it shows maturity in the way you handle it. You can't win all the time, you lose, you learn, you try again. Okay? Please stop all this rudeness crap, some of us learnt from the most rude and wicked lecturers in school, did we get up and leave school because we didn't like the way our teachers taught us. You know what's ironic? A VO on this platform will insult you (indirectly) and you will say thank you, but when a fellow Nigerian says something you don't like, you begin to talk rudeness.

------------------------------> \____________

fpeter:
As much as this page is very helpful and enlightening i must say that a lot of 'advisers' here are very rude and unnecessarily so. If you must contribute to a matter please read and ask questions before jumping into conclusions. I read a lot of so called "advice" here that were downright rude and uncalled for. If you have chosen to help people then stick with that otherwise don't garnish your so called advice with thinly veiled insults. Not getting a visa today doesn't mean a ban or the end of the world so please stop using derogatory terms on people you know nothing about.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
Think about this.
- you get to the US and overstay and do jobs - illegally, your employers know this and will take advantage of you, imagine doing some gay stuff just for your boss to not tell the I.C.E about you.
- everyday you wake up, not knowing if this is the day, you will be caught, your BP increases when you see a police car.
- you can't open a bank account, you can't save
- you can't contact your family back home
- DONALD TRUMP IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE US
- you can't come back to Nigeria for anything, once you leave the US, you can't come back
- Basically you are screwed
- Alternatively, you can just kill yourself, since Nigeria is not working and the prospects in the US is dim especially for a person like you, who wants to be an illegal immigrant.

Zilifish:
Pls once i get the US visa. What jobs can I do without legal papers. I want to give this a trial cos naija is not working out.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ABcollege(m): 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
Pls, guys what does it mean to have two stars on your Visa. I have seen guys with one star but mine has the two star below my picture on my visa. Pls, anyone that knows it's significance should lemme know asap. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
fpeter:

As you take respond to all my mentions abi? Medicine after death! Nice try!
I did... but no need to trade words... What I do here is free of charge and I always try to do my best.. Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. DID YOU ACTUALLY SAY THIS - "I have never heard need to travel"
2. WHAT IS "INTRODUCTORY ANALYSER SEMINAR" ?
3. WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION AS FILLED IN YOUR FORM?
4. WHY DID YOU SAY THIS - "6 years, 1 month &23days today"...6 years would have been okay.

The point here is that the US interview can be tricky because the VO is trained to spot if one is saying the truth or not. Oftentimes, they expect you to react to the questions posed to you in a professional manner. Like when you are asked where do you work, don't just say am a reporter with Punch Newspaper but continue by saying your duties until the VO cuts in to stop you.

Also when you are asked about the conference you are attending, tell the VO a brief about the conference while emphasizing it from the organizers point of view. A reaction like " According to the organizers, the event will explore innovative and collaborative measures towards solving the menance of bla bla bla.

Don't also forget to make the VO understand how the conference will add to your career and professional development back home. Even if he/she doesn't ask this, there are ways you can use to insert this.

Owing to limited time, try to be concise and drive home your points as quick as possible. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Okay bye bye na. If you got the visa, would you have written all this long epistles. Its painful not to be successful in a venture, but it shows maturity in the way you handle it. You can't win all the time, you lose, you learn, you try again. Okay? Please stop all this rudeness crap, some of us learnt from the most rude and wicked lecturers in school, did we get up and leave school because we didn't like the way our teachers taught us. You know what's ironic? A VO on this platform will insult you (indirectly) and you will say thank you, but when a fellow Nigerian says something you don't like, you begin to talk rudeness.

------------------------------> \____________

I'm not sure about others but I'll speak for myself. I won't insult anyone so I don't expect anyone else to insult me. I'm not a slave so why would I say thanks to someone for insulting me?. The point remains that you must not garnish your advice with insults period.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
seyewest:

I did... but no need to trade words... What I do here is free of charge and I always try to do my best.. Good luck.

Good luck too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
I concur, its just that they have so many interviewees and limited time, so you really have to be quick and precise.

FRSA:
The point here is that the US interview can be tricky because the VO is trained to spot if one is saying the truth or not. Oftentimes, they expect you to react to the questions posed to you in a professional manner. Like when you are asked where do you work, don't just say am a reporter with Punch Newspaper but continue by saying your duties until the VO cuts in to stop you.

Also when you are asked about the conference you are attending, tell the VO a brief about the conference while emphasizing it from the organizers point of view. A reaction like " According to the organizers, the event will explore innovative and collaborative measures towards solving the menance of bla bla bla.

Don't also forget to make the VO understand how the conference will add to your career and professional development back home. Even if he/she doesn't ask this, there are ways you can use to insert this.

Owing to limited time, try to be concise and drive home your points as quick as possible. Goodluck!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daveplaza: 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
I was trying to be real. Meanwhile the introductory analyser seminar. The well analyser is line of field. My thinking is that I was earlier fir the interview, because the seminar will be coming up by 1st&2nd DEC What do you think?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Okay. Get a summarised explanation of what the conference is about (from the conference website). Then think about how it will affect your career and/or your organization. Assume the VO does not know about it, so be prepared to explain certain terms. I would recommend reapplying, but when, is up to you.

daveplaza:
I was trying to be real. Meanwhile the introductory analyser seminar. The well analyser is line of field. My thinking is that I was earlier fir the interview, because the seminar will be coming up by 1st&2nd DEC What do you think?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SirWahl1: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Think about this.
- you get to the US and overstay and do jobs - illegally, your employers know this and will take advantage of you, imagine doing some gay stuff just for your boss to not tell the I.C.E about you.
- everyday you wake up, not knowing if this is the day, you will be caught, your BP increases when you see a police car.
- you can't come back to Nigeria for anything, once you leave the US, you can't come back
- Alternatively, you can just kill yourself, since Nigeria is not working and the prospects in the US is dim especially for a person like you, who wants to be an illegal immigrant.

This is bull sheet as in CAPITAL LETTER BULL SHEET.
Where did you get all this from? Come and see people balling in yankee. The only disadvantage is inability to come home but if you are street smart, you should be able to visit home in 3 years.
Note I do not support illegal migration but please dont come here and just lie anyhow .
Bank Account? Contact family? ICE after you in America? Pray tell how many Nigeria American deportee you have seen on the street. Stay out of drugs and crime.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
Simple. When you get there, just ask the CBP officer, I am sure he/she will be very glad to help

Zilifish:

What is seriously? Abeg be real
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
HAPPY READING!
1. http://www.newsweek.com/trumps-immigration-raids-round-367-us-illegally-582489
2. http://www.businessinsider.com/illegal-immigrantion-criminal-records-trump-ice-2017-5?IR=T
3. http://time.com/4782643/ice-arrests-2017-donald-trump-immigration/
4. http://sunnewsonline.com/92-africans-deported-from-us-as-trump-begins-clampdown/
5. https://www.quora.com/Can-an-illegal-immigrant-travel-by-plane-back-to-their-own-country

SirWahl1:

Where did you get all this from? Come and see people balling in yankee. The only disadvantage is inability to come home but if you are street smart, you should be able to visit home in 3 years.
Note I do not support illegal migration but please dont come here and just lie anyhow .
Bank Account? Contact family? ICE after you in America? Pray tell how many Nigeria American deportee you have seen on the street. Stay out of drugs and crime.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2017
SirWahl1:

Depends on where you live. Where I live, you cannot even rent an apartment if you're on a visiting visa unless someone cosigns for you. And not a lot of people, including myself would do that. How does he want to come home in three years? By marrying for papers and getting citizenship after three years? Constantly worrying about how to prove to USCIS that the marriage was not a fraud or sham and praying fervently that USCIS does not give him an RFE when he submits his papers for AOS? Where will he get the thousands to pay for the marriage? Work and make it up? That's if you get a job. In big Nigerian populated cities and states. It's easy, you will work in African stores and establishment for a shitty pay and they will threaten you with deportation all the time. A life as an illegal immigrant, especially without people who will give you a soft landing is not life worth living, at least for me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by danielayodele16(m): 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
FRSA:

On the contrary, I think its okay if you answer the question post to u straight take for instance where do u work, answer should be I work with blabla company as blaba . one answer for one question .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
SirWahl1:

How will he or she ball if they stay out of drugs and crime with under the table jobs? people ball but i can tell you this no illegal immigrant with under the table job does. If you are even street smart you should be able to visit home in less than one year "Thief many, but na who dem catch be thief o".With a visit visa you can open a bank account for sure, and contact family at will. And alot of people get deported from America, maybe you havent met any.
I believe nothing said here will encourage or discourage anyone from becoming an illegal immigrant, my 2 cent is, people should be aware of the pros and cons before embarking on such move.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by danielayodele16(m): 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
FRSA:

On the contrary, I think its okay if you answer the question post to u straight take for instance where do u work, answer should be I work with blabla company as blaba . one answer for one question .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
True. One can open a bank account with a visiting visa. My account was opened before I got my IV.
But I had very good reasons for doing so because I was doing some work for a US company that was not on the basis of my B visa. I had to file a W8-BEN form establishing my non-residency. Also got credit cards on the basis of that account.
Infact, that helped me build great credit.
However, I would not advise anyone to try to live as an illegal/undocumented immigrant. It is not a good life. I have seen folks who lived that way, and it wasn't pleasant. Always looking behind you, scared of any red and blue lights, and being exploited by employers who pay under the table

constance234:

How will he or she ball if they stay out of drugs and crime with under the table jobs? people ball but i can tell you this no illegal immigrant with under the table job does. If you are even street smart you should be able to visit home in less than one year "Thief many, but na who dem catch be thief o".With a visit visa you can open a bank account for sure, and contact family at will. And alot of people get deported from America, maybe you havent met any.
I believe nothing said here will encourage or discourage anyone from becoming an illegal immigrant, my 2 cent is, people should be aware of the pros and cons before embarking on such move.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
daveplaza:
Greeting house.
I was at US embassy Abuja on the 3rd July
Here is the questions that was asked:
Me: good morning
Vo: good morning your passport.
Vo: were are you going in us
Me: Texas
Vo: what are u going to do there
Me: am going for introductory analyser seminar
Vo: have u travel out of this country
Me: I have never heard need to travel
Vo: how many years have u work with your company
Me: 6 years, 1 month &23days today
Vo: after a little typing and delay I was given a green form and my passport
What do you think is the cause?

sorry... na small tin they piss off those visa officer off.... 1st I have never heard need to travel,
2nd 6 years, 1months and 365 days today... next time your apply again. give good answers to the questions ask to you. the VO have already lost it from the beginning just waiting to add more to to information in case of next time you apply so they can put you in misinterpretation, which you will never know...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
SirWahl1:

everyday Nigerians dey travel go Trump country 90% of them don't come back... let the true be say, America is the most free country for illegal migrant, they government they use migrant money they help the country, yes Trump must shout but the system will tell him how it goes under, America keep a lot of Lie down,... I know people will quote me wrong, inside your family e no get one or two person that migrant with visiting Visa ?... if you are from a rich family good for your family, you are out of this question...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Shadolla: 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hello everyone!kindly advice me please.I just applied for US family visiting visa 6 months in advance to preferred date of travelling,The conformation has been sent to me.Thoguh I haven't paid planning to do on Monday,And hoping to for the interview on the 17th of this month here in KSA.
1)Is It proper to apply early cos the region am taking the interview is about 6hrs to where I reside and that's the closet state
Secondly this is the only time my hubby has to apply due is busy schedule.
3)Hope it won't affect the granting of the visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by VisaOfficer: 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
seyewest:

No one on this thread will help you... You can try agent.

I don't recommend trying an agent.

Regards,
VO
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:39am On Jul 07, 2017
It's a free world. I wish the deportees could share their experiences, as a warning. But then someone will say that they were not "Street smart" and not "Sharp".

def111:

everyday Nigerians dey travel go Trump country 90% of them don't come back... let the true be say, America is the most free country for illegal migrant, they government they use migrant money they help the country, yes Trump must shout but the system will tell him how it goes under, America keep a lot of Lie down,... I know people will quote me wrong, inside your family e no get one or two person that migrant with visiting Visa ?... if you are from a rich family good for your family, you are out of this question...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:46am On Jul 07, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Think about this.

Easy Tiger!! It's apparent you know nothing about the U.S or life in the U.S.

It's a public forum so I won't want to debate on this subject, but just to let you know;

With a non-immigrant visa, you can open bank accounts in all 50 states. You ONLY need two IDs; Primary ID ( International Passport), secondary ID (Drivers licence or ATM card) and $25.00 minimum deposit. Once the account is opened, you'll be given a temporary Debit Card valid for 30 Days, while the permanent Card is mailed to your address in about 3-5 working days.

Also, a handful of U.S. states issue drivers licence to undocumented immigrants who live there. Note that this does not confer any form of legal status; it merely says you are allowed to drive a car in that state.

With BOSS Revolution of $10. You can call anywhere in the world for more than 40 minutes. So what are you talking about?

14 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Stanleych007: 5:42am On Jul 07, 2017
def111:

OK so if LadyG tell you to put your hand for fire before going for the interview that morning you will do it abi... whatever you put its B1/B2 visa,... your personal details 9 matter a lot. B1/B2 is already is they system..

Please don't be unnecessarily sarcastic, if u read my question very well, I said experienced response and so far reading the thread I can relate with her smart contributions. Please if you have no importance thing to say just read the msg and move along.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2017
daveplaza:

Since the conference is still in DEC, try to apply again and prepare well towards it, seek for advise here and I pray it will end well

All the best

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Mbamto: 8:34am On Jul 07, 2017
def111:

90% Easy nahh bros...lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daffizo12(m): 8:46am On Jul 07, 2017
Good Morning Nairalanders.i promise to share my transcipt....I don go,i don come. And I conquered...my transcipt loading

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daffizo12(m): 9:31am On Jul 07, 2017
I am a silent reader of this thread but want to share my transcript. I filled my form myself, Thanks to everyone who shared their story. My interview was 7am today in Lagos. I was interviewed by a white American Guy,window 5
Below is my transcript....

ME: Good Morning,How are you? Sir with a Smile on my face
VO:Morning.i am Fine Thank You.
VO:What are you going to do in the US?
ME:i hope to attend an annual convention that is scheduled to take my by september at Chicago ilinoise
VO:what do you do?
ME: I work with bla bla bla hospital as a registered Nurse
VO:tell me about the last emergency u carried out?
Me:i was just explaining the roles I playe when a child was brought was brought to my unit via accident and emergency,i just dey finish the guy with medical jargon
VO:Are you married Sir?
Me:Yes Sir
VO:do you have kids
Me:Yes,i have a daughter and also an Expectant father
VO:Congratulations
Me:Thank you Sir
VO:Have you travelled outside nigeria Before:Yes Sir
VO:Where?
Me:Lome Togo and Accra Ghana,i use one stone take kill 2 bird
VO:i am approving your visa.pick it up at the circled address
Me:Thank You Sir

Note: confidence,No documents asked. Say as little as possible,I wasn't too forward to show him anything. He didn't even ask how much I make or have in my accounts.....God was at work .thank you nairaland!thank you lady G,na now I know say e no easy to type on nairaland oooo.God bless ppl that answers questions without been paid here on a daily basis oooo.so happy today, This is my first time. I noticed some didnt do research. Above all God's favour. And all dose lagos agbero was just running after me,and that I need to print my form coloured,and I need to make photocopy of my data page of my passport..all dose one na lie

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daveplaza: 9:32am On Jul 07, 2017
Please when you have conference during December, when is the right to apply for B1 visa. Finally since no document is going to be uploaded on DS 160 or even sent to the embassy for them to check your information or investigate your claims
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:45am On Jul 07, 2017
Okay maybe I didn't define the terms, my mistake:
1. I am not referring to persons who have not overstayed his/her visa. For example, a tourist or a mother that came to give birth etc
2. I am taking the assumption that the person has overstayed his visa. For example, people who come on B1/B2 and stay back.
3. Outside of 'sanctuary cities', an illegal immigrant who is caught is subject to deportation by I.C.E for example, Texas etc.
4. All you said is true, for persons who are not illegal immigrants, or persons who make their way to 'sanctuary cities' where they are in direct contravention of US Immigration law as passed at the federal level. For example, San Francisco is a sanctuary city and protects illegal immigrants.
5. Considering the fact that the US keeps database, an illegal immigrant would be weary of using any services that requires background checks.

FrontPageLawyer:

Easy Tiger!! It's apparent you know nothing about the U.S or life in the U.S.

It's a public forum so I won't want to debate on this subject, but just to let you know;

With a non-immigrant visa, you can open bank accounts in all 50 states. You ONLY need two IDs; Primary ID ( International Passport), secondary ID (Drivers licence or ATM card) and $25.00 minimum deposit. Once the account is opened, you'll be given a temporary Debit Card valid for 30 Days, while the permanent Card is mailed to your address in about 3-5 working days.

Also, a handful of U.S. states issue drivers licence to undocumented immigrants who live there. Note that this does not confer any form of legal status; it merely says you are allowed to drive a car in that state.

With BOSS Revolution of $10. You can call anywhere in the world for more than 40 minutes. So what are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2017
If TECNO can ping before NOKIA, who told u that all ur frnds who started work before u will make it so big before u?
If CIVIL DEFENCE can hold a gun before ROAD SAFETY, who told u its by how far? Its by how well oo....
If GARRI can sell more than INDOMIE after all d adverts,who told u dat u have to dress half naked to get a man's attention....
If TOMATOES can be more expensive than APPLE,who says u are less important than ur frnds who schooled abroad because u schooled in Nigeria?
Just be you and be proud of who,what,how and where you are.. Its for a greater reason�
Gbogbo ee ni reason........ I believed no matter the outcome of an interview, everything duels with "Time". God no go let our time pass us by..

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.