Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538023 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
Slaw12:
Hello everyone,my interview is next week and I have got a funny question to ask...Can I pocket my hands( in my trousers) when am with the VO? Am just used to doing it so I want to knw if the vo won't think that am rude or sometimes.. Thanks
I am of the opinion that your hands should be on the slab in front you for two reasons
1. Helps you stay braced so u can face the vo squarely and bit look fidgety
2. Body language matters. A steady hand says a lot...
And yes. If you come to my office and put your hands in your pocket while seeking my help, you'll rub me off the wrong way
#myopinion

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babababa1: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
Just answer it this way. Is it normal while in a job interview with CEO of a multinational company to pocket your hands? Gestures, gesticulations are sometimes required in the course of an interview. Same as the VO would not pocket his hands while interviewing, yJust ou are also not to pocket your hands. Just take it as a professional interview. Goodluck

Slaw12:
Hello everyone,my interview is next week and I have got a funny question to ask...Can I pocket my hands( in my trousers) when am with the VO? Am just used to doing it so I want to knw if the vo won't think that am rude or sometimes.. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

Ah yam not even understanding the guy sef! Lemme drink coke so that I will not yab

There is no solution. He should come home and kiss America goodbye, because he can never ever ever get back into the country
OYO is the guy case... I just tire for naija people sha.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
ladylco:

It's not that bad! Haba!

oya, wats d solution. Tell us
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
Slaw12:
Well the cubicle is high enough to shed 65% of your body...so I'm not sure if the V.O will even know if you're pocketing or not but it's better you leave your hand by your side while speaking.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

Fasting and prayer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
Dear VO, I have a conference in Plano Texas and I have filled and submitted the DS160 form and my interview is booked for 14th of July but I just realized that I booked a wrong hotel at a different location which is at Virginia which is a different location from my conference.please what can I do? Help me out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
bigyemat:
Dear VO, I have a conference in Plano Texas and I have filled and submitted the DS160 form and my interview is booked for 14th of July but I just realized that I booked a wrong hotel at a different location which is at Virginia which is a different location from my conference.please what can I do? Help me out
Fill another form and mail it to them to help you swap it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
CBP officer said stay 2 weeks...he has overstayed...even Abuja VO says 'it is a continuing illegal presence that can lead to 3-10 years ban from the US.'

ladylco:

It's not that bad! Haba!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
seyewest:

Fill another form and mail it to them to help you swap it.
@seyewest.Thanks kindly help me with their email address.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
We couldn't upload the passport phograph while filling the DS160, but the upload page says we should bring the passport that is 5x 5 while coming for the interview. Hope this is ok please my people?Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brotundes: 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Please house anybody with the Lagos embassy mail to swap an application I made a mistake on the one I filled and have filled another one after I booked appointment with barcode so am having another barcode now want to swap
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
Rachie83:
We couldn't upload the passport phograph while filling the DS160, but the upload page says we should bring the passport that is 5x 5 while coming for the interview. Hope this is ok please my people?Thanks

You still need to have that picture uploaded, or else, you did be turned back @ the entrance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by watlat4sure: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello house,

Thank u all, had my interview today and it was successful.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abefeglobal: 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
watlat4sure:
Hello house,

Thank u all, had my interview today and it was successful.

Congrat more of it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZinoIce: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
ladylco:

Since the conference is still in DEC, try to apply again and prepare well towards it, seek for advise here and I pray it will end well

All the best

I am having interview next weekend for a conference coming up in November. My decision to apply early is because I want to start making travel plans early such as paying for the conference (early birds) which is discounted and book my tickets early enough as my understanding that this conference is towards holiday seasons.

I hope this decision to apply early wouldn't cause any problems.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2017
asid:

You still need to have that picture uploaded, or else, you did be turned back @ the entrance
Really
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
Rachie83:
Really

Yes, really
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
ZinoIce:

I am having interview next weekend for a conference coming up in November. My decision to apply early is because I want to start making travel plans early such as paying for the conference (early birds) which is discounted and book my tickets early enough as my understanding that this conference is towards holiday seasons.

It shouldn't cause any issue, I would be attending a conference by Oct and I had my interview last month (June), so .....all the best

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
I'm telling you. They will start going to pray for favor. As if God will support lawbreaking when you had every opportunity to do the right thing.
CBP officer set trap, bros fall carry leg for up

LadyGuinivere:

Azzin! A trap was set. He didn't ask for solutions BEFORE. He didn't try to get an extension. He cross leg dey wait for miracle. OK. Next thing Na folks will start praying for favor
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
Biko dress, let me join yansh for the bench.
Me sef I am interested in the answer

nefertitiram:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

Atleast it is not for you to tell whether he will be banned or not in this regards allow the VO do that, let him attempt to revisit then renew then the he will know his true fate

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
ZinoIce:

Nope, just prepare well for your interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
ladylco:

Atleast it is not for you to tell whether he will be banned or not in this regards allow the VO do that, let him attempt to revisit then renew then the he will know his true fate
Actually, the VO already told him in the other thread. 3-10yrs ban!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 11:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
So your advice is for him to spend N64K just to go find out the patently obvious?

ladylco:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 12:23am On Jul 11, 2017
9jaStar:
So your advice is for him to spend N64K just to go find out the patently obvious?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Adogbejiomoefe(m): 1:25am On Jul 11, 2017
Hello every one am new here and have been reading on post by people here I have a serious problem have been trying to sort out.
I have an American woman we met online 2015 and we have been talking till we finally met in South Africa were she came to visit me as she was afraid of coming to Nigeria she got pregnant and went back to America and have a baby girl for me she don't work but the mother does of my baby mama is very okay.
I really don't know how she can bring me to America she was the main reason I left South Africa please I need your advice concerning this whole issue.
What is the best way for me to go to America to see her as i have never tried America visa before thank you please any one with good ideal can watsapp me +27835588702
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by komenology(m): 1:53am On Jul 11, 2017
Hi LadyGuinivere, i will be filling the DS 160 form for my brother and his wife, as they have plans of visiting America in few months from now. My question is, should i book an individual appointments for them both? or a family appointment? Please note they are not traveling with their children. Kindly advise.... Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZinoIce: 2:06am On Jul 11, 2017
asid:

It shouldn't cause any issue, I would be attending a conference by Oct and I had my interview last month (June), so .....all the best

Thanks for your response.

I will appreciate if you could share your interview experience.

Kind regard
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 6:21am On Jul 11, 2017
asid:

Yes, really
Ok we have to find way to do it then.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:38am On Jul 11, 2017
ladylco:

See how you just fall my hand angry

There is actually a solution but I wanted you to tell us the answer.

As you have said he is not totally banned.

If he has overstayed less than 6mths, he can beg for forgiveness but this is a tall hurdle to cross.

If he has overstayed less than 1 yr BT more than 6mths and leaves voluntarily he is automatically banned for 3yrs.

More than 1 yr and leaves voluntarily it is 10yrs ban.

If he faced deportation or was smuggled in, it may be a lifetime ban.

But in the case of the OP's brother that wants to go and bring his wife and kids, after overstaying his i94, this may be his fate, emphasis on the word AUTOMATICALLY

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Adogbejiomoefe:
Hello every one am new here and have been reading on post by people here I have a serious problem have been trying to sort out.
I have an American woman we met online 2015 and we have been talking till we finally met in South Africa were she came to visit me as she was afraid of coming to Nigeria she got pregnant and went back to America and have a baby girl for me she don't work but the mother does of my baby mama is very okay.
I really don't know how she can bring me to America she was the main reason I left South Africa please I need your advice concerning this whole issue.
What is the best way for me to go to America to see her as i have never tried America visa before thank you please any one with good ideal can watsapp me +27835588702

You have many options

She can come to Nigeria so that you guys can get married and you apply for spousal visa. Then reach there and apply for citizenship after 5 yrs or less since a child is involved

She can help you file for fiance visa so that you can go there and marry her

You can wait till your baby is 21 years and working so that she can file for you

All of them can come to Nigeria and all of you can live happily ever after

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.