Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,018 members, 7,828,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538160 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thank you, but i have booked august 16th already[quote author=watlat4sure post=58227500][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
seyewest:

Yes fill another form and write the embassy to help you change the DS160 number to the new one.

Thanks @seyewest, This was there response when i mailed them :- Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you want to know how to amend your DS160 form.

Kindly note that you will not be able to retrieve and modify information in the DS-160 application once it is completed. If you wish to correct and/or update information, please disregard the old DS-160 application and create a new application, then bring the new DS-160 confirmation page at the time of interview. You can access the DS-160 form in the website https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by giftwalter: 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hello guys, I will be collecting my savings from a cooperative before I apply for visa. How do I explain that the money that was sent is mine and not a means of deceit trying to convince the embassy there's enough money in my account?

Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by watlat4sure: 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
abefeglobal:

LAGOS OR AB
MUJA

Lagos.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by watlat4sure: 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2017
Salami71:
Thank you, but i have booked august 16th already

You are allowed 2 rescheduled.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by giftwalter: 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
giftwalter:
Hello guys, I will be collecting my savings from a cooperative before I apply for visa. How do I explain that the money that was sent is mine and not a means of deceit trying to convince the embassy there's enough money in my account?

Pls help

Anyone here pls? I need your help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
watlat4sure:

You are allowed 2 rescheduled.

If i am to reschedule would i be asked for my ds 160 number??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
No one checks documents, the VO's have said it countless times.

giftwalter:

Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by watlat4sure: 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
Salami71:

If i am to reschedule would i be asked for my ds 160 number??

Nope . U will do it by urself. Ur ds 160 is already on your profile .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by giftwalter: 11:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
No one checks documents, the VO's have said it countless times.

I dont understand do you mean the money won't be an issue?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 11:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
watlat4sure:

Nope . U will do it by urself. Ur ds 160 is already on your profile .

Thanks i have filled a new ds 160 already and i have update the new code to my profile.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daffizo12(m): 11:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
giftwalter:

Anyone here pls? I need your help
They won't look at ur documents
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by giftwalter: 11:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
daffizo12:

They won't look at ur documents

Ooh really? Thanks for the clarification
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:41am On Jul 08, 2017
I disagree sir.
The fact that the official designation of a legal immigrant is "Lawful Permanent Resident" or "Legal Permanent Resident" implies unlawful or illegal permanent resdident.
That means an immigrant can be either legal or illegal.
In any case, by definition, someone who has left his home country for another for purposes other than temporary visitation has already immigrated. The question is whether said immigration is legal or illegal.Or put differently, documented or undocumented.

KaptainAfrika:
There are no undocumented immigrants, only illegal aliens, immigrants are those who have legally and lawfully migrated to the US. I will also end it here, my charge and bail legal luminary. grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:43am On Jul 08, 2017
I don't think he is supporting illegality. The way I understand his posts, he and FrontPageLawyer are just stating facts
The facts may be unpleasant, but they are still facts

KaptainAfrika:
It still does not change the fact that you are breaking the law, and it will eventually catch up with you, why don't you do it legally and have peace of mind. You guys give Nigerians, a bad image. I am not going to debate with people who support illegality either. Have some dignity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:45am On Jul 08, 2017
Once you get to the US, just seek out the nearest CBP officer and ask him the question. You will be sorted out immediately

Zilifish:
Help how do i work with visting visa. Is it possible. I don tire for naija

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:51am On Jul 08, 2017
Thanks, mate.

Wish you all the best. I know a few folks like you. One is a friend in Minnesota who lived for years as an UI but eventually became documented after marriage. They've now been married 6 years with 5 kids, including a set of twins

constance234:

Everyone has a different American story, and a different path in life. Same way every state here have different laws and also different institutions have diffrent laws. I can tell you in Georgia to hook up Scana gas you must have SSN, Georgia Power will ask you to pay $150 as deposit if you have no SSN and a new customer. Yes you can rent some partments here by paying extra credit risk fee of about $250 max, but most okay apartments won't even speak with you if you don't have verifiable source of income, credit history, rental history etc. Some banks here ask for proof of address to open an account, proof of address means any bill or letter with the address on it( one expo: when i got here i quickly registered at the local library, that library card became my proof of address)

Yes many live well doing under the table jobs, when the money is sent home and converted its big, but what standard of living do they have here? i have many that share 1 bed apartment with someone else and they sleep on the couch at night, the apartment will be in a run down neigbourhood with sketchy neigbours. Also i know people who live in shared apartments or their personal apartment in good neigbourhoods and doing okay because they sleep less than 4 hours a day lol.

I am not one to tell people do not come, because i will be a hypocrite if i say that, as i got here on a visit visa and adjusted my status within the ambit of the law as permitted( USCIS jurisdiction, not nairaland judges o). It is just appropriate to educate people to do lots of research before embarking on such venture as there are no friends or relatives here, most will leave you in your darkest moments.

People emigrate for so many reasons not just for economic reason, so we can not know it all, we know what we know... but i do know this, there is no golden fleece here , but with hard work and proper funds managemnent you will live the American dream.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:53am On Jul 08, 2017
It doesn't matter. The VO is not interested in you bank transactions but your ties to home

giftwalter:

Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asaju10(m): 4:32am On Jul 08, 2017
asaju10:
Greetings to you all,pls is there anything like USA 2 years working visa?i have read several pages on this thread & nothing of such was mentioned. Pls i need someone to enlignten me on this.Thanks
.....Still waiting pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:00am On Jul 08, 2017
Money won't be an issue. What matters is your 'strong ties to Nigeria' and the decision of the VO. And please go through this forum, to find out what 'strong ties' means and what makes up 'strong tes to Nigeria'.
All the best.

giftwalter:

I dont understand do you mean the money won't be an issue?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adega: 7:12am On Jul 08, 2017
watlat4sure:

Lagos.
If I want to reschedule and I didn't see the favourable date hope it won't affect the first date have chosen ? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by noblealuu: 8:16am On Jul 08, 2017
@constance234 and others compliments.

I need some sincere advice.

A friend/colleague moved to the US in 2014 shortly after we finished our Internship as Medical Laboratory Scientists.

I don't know how he migrated though.
His elder brother has been living in the States a while ago.

He visited Nigeria early January this year and we met had a chat though I didn't have the leverage to ask him some detailed question since there was a female third party.

I called him on Easter Sunday to exchange pleasantries and he directed I do my passport and inform him when it's ready after he asked whether I would love to come over to the States. Although I just started a distance learning MBA program in Nigeria which I have dropped.

I reluctantly did the passport last month, picked it up yesterday 07/07/17 and thereafter informed him.

Now, he promised to send me Visa App fee and speak to his cousin who's an agent to package an app so I'll attend an interview at the embassy.

Mind you, my pay is few thousands above 100k as I told him.

Please famz, what detailed information do I need from my friend and what route will be more apt for me?
I don't want misrepresentation.

Am single, soon to be 30 and got no documented property in my name for now.

My friend is married in the States and got a kid.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unclephilio123(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:

You won't get answer here. Ask the Visa Officer when you attend your interview. At least you paid 64K.

All the best.
Bros....what's it nah?You are too funny, I can't stop laughing here even rolling on ground with this your response. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by daffizo12(m): 9:18am On Jul 08, 2017
[quote author=noblealuu post=58239063]@constance234 and others compliments.

A friend/colleague moved to the US in 2014 shortly after we finished our Internship as Medical Laboratory Scientists.

He visited Nigeria early January this year and we met had a chat though I didn't have the leverage to ask him some detailed question since there was a female third party.

I called him on Easter Sunday to exchange pleasantries and he directed I do my passport and inform him when it's ready after he asked whether I would love to come over to the States. Although I just started a distance learning MBA program in Nigeria which I have dropped.

I reluctantly did the passport last month, picked it up yesterday 07/07/17 and thereafter informed him.

Now, he promised to send me Visa App fee and speak to his cousin who's an agent to package an app so I'll attend an interview at the embassy.

Mind you, my pay is few thousands above 100k as I told him.

Please famz, what detailed information do I need from my friend and what route will be more apt for me?
I don't want misrepresentation.

Am single, soon to be 30 and got no documented property in my name for now.

My friend is married in the States and got a kid. [/quote
I will advice you travelled to ghana by road.spend like 5 to 6 days there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 9:55am On Jul 08, 2017
This ur advise make sense to you?

quote author=daffizo12 post=58240790][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:11am On Jul 08, 2017
In exchange for sincere advise, please be sincere with us, your identity is protected in this forum. Why do you want to go to the US?
A successful visa application is based on your strong ties (check this forum, for what they are.)and the discretion of the VO.
The fact that you're using an agent to 'package' your application, is not good - he's probably done the same 'packaging' for others, check this forum for the consequences.
You can get that visa and even if you don't get the visa, filling your information honestly is in your best interests as it will be in the US records forever.
All the best!

[quote author=noblealuu post=58239063]@constance234 and others compliments.

Now, he promised to
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sihamey: 10:18am On Jul 08, 2017
I want to travel to US for a religions conference. While filling my DS160 form i got to the stage.

Purpose of travel information Address : I use Hotel Booking address

and contact person in USA: I use the religions conference Venue.

Hope i am in order?? It this correct

Can anyone help answer this question is urgent as i am on top of D160 application form now.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Padikolo: 10:33am On Jul 08, 2017
Hello house!
Thanks to everyone here for sharing great information and experience. Kudos!

I intend to apply for US visa for an entrepreneurial​ conference schedule to hold later this year. And am planning to travel together with my wife with a little baby for the same conference.

We both attended the Nig section of the conference before now which is a criteria for attending the US conference

Please can anyone advise me on my chances?
NB no previous travel experience.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 11:44am On Jul 08, 2017
sihamey:
I want to travel to US for a religions conference. While filling my DS160 form i got to the stage.

Purpose of travel information Address : I use Hotel Booking address

and contact person in USA: I use the religions conference Venue.

Hope i am in order?? It this correct

Can anyone help answer this question is urgent as i am on top of D160 application form now.

Thanks

Your contact person in the USA should be the address and phone number of the hotel you booked, i am sure you have no one there........
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ibkel: 11:55am On Jul 08, 2017
Hello all. Let me share my own transcripts, but before I start I filled the form and I did not know I had two different bar codes I could not attend my interview that day it was so annoying, I had to go home and pay for a fresh application and reapply for another interview.
VO: Goodmorning where are you travelling to?
Me: Newark, New Jersey
VO: what are you going there for
Me: my brothers wedding
Vo: what does your brother do
Me:blabla
Vo:where does he stay
Me:Newark
Vo:what do you do
Me: am currently doing my National youth service corps programme, that is am serving my country by teaching biology
Vo: so whats your plan after that the programme
Me:To work so so so and also while on the programme of your good the company or school will retain you permanently( that's what the only answer that entered my head quick )
Vo:have you travelled before
Me: yes to London
Vo:how many times and when was the last time you travelled
Me: 4 times and last time was In 2015
Vo: have you travelled with your parents before
Me: no but while I was in london my mum came to meet me
Vo:laughs at the name of the school I was serving then tells me what a funny name for a school.
Me: smiles back at him
Vo: types for a while then he gives me the white paper to go and pick up my visa.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sihamey: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
Salami71:

Your contact person in the USA should be the address and phone number of the hotel you booked, i am sure you have no one there........

Thanks, yes i have no one in US but is there a place to add conference details in the application??

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.