Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538407 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Deocano: 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Dear Friends,

I am a silent reader on this forum. i receive a white paper at the USA embassy today after an interview session that lasted for 3mins. This is my first attempt and on a Virgin Nigeria international passport.

I went in with only the print out of appointment confirmation, DS 160 confirmation page, and GTB receipt ( following the instruction of the guru in the house).

I will update with my transcript as i ve benefited from that of others.

Thank you guys for sharing your knowledge with people like us.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by basdow101: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
[quote author=wolesap post=60164697]Good evening house.Please I need your help.I have tried to correct my mistake on my D's 160 as directed on the thread but seems not working.I wanted to fill another form but its giving me another code different from the code on my submitted form.Please I Dont want my date of appointment to change because if the D's 160 code Dont tally with my appointment confirmation code,I may not be allowed for the interview.Please kindly help me with the process of correcting my mistake without affecting my appointment date and without error on the codes(D's 160 and appointment confirmation codes).Thanks[/quote)

After filling the new form , all you have to do is call the embassy and give them the new code for them to update it on your appointment confirmation.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Deocano:
Dear Friends,

I am a silent reader on this forum. i receive a white paper at the USA embassy today after an interview session that lasted for 3mins. This is my first attempt and on a Virgin Nigeria international passport.

I went in with only the print out of appointment confirmation, DS 160 confirmation page, and GTB receipt ( following the instruction of the guru in the house).

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cris83: 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
Dear friends, I greet you all. I'd like to ask if it's possible for someone to renew his visa even though he hasn't used it. I have used the first visa to travel to the USA. I was issued a second one last year but due to financial constraints, I may not travel before it expires hence my question. Thank you and God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
cris83:
Dear friends, I greet you all. I'd like to ask if it's possible for someone to renew his visa even though he hasn't used it. I have used the first visa to travel to the USA. I was issued a second one last year but due to financial constraints, I may not travel before it expires hence my question. Thank you and God bless.
Yes it is possible. Read the requirements for dropbox. Usage isn't one of them...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
smokeydrinky:

Please, we have since submitted our ds160 and gotten an appointment date for October. Our destination is Huston, but with the recent flooding, do we need to update our ds 160?

House please.
Fill another form and resubmit the new ds160 and link it with your appointment page.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Fill a new DS160 form reflecting current plans, and
then upgrade your profile on the CGI website.

Greetings to you ever conscious LadyG, been clicking the like button on almost all your comments since the past two days I've been doing catch up on this thread.... Seye, FPL, Cosade, I sight una oh! I quite appreciate the tackling of Cosade on the UK refusal versus the US approval chances ish, great one y'all, just via jaw-jawing.
Bendel baba one love....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
wolesap:
Good evening house.Please I need your help.I have tried to correct my mistake on my D's 160 as directed on the thread but seems not working.I wanted to fill another form but its giving me another code different from the code on my submitted form.Please I Dont want my date of appointment to change because if the D's 160 code Dont tally with my appointment confirmation code,I may not be allowed for the interview.Please kindly help me with the process of correcting my mistake without affecting my appointment date and without error on the codes(D's 160 and appointment confirmation codes).Thanks

Forget about your appointment date for now and reason with me... There's only one (1) DS160 Number per application so if you want to make correction to your old one after submission you will get another ds160 number different from the old one. You will then update the new one with your appointment/profile page.... you must go to the update option on your CGI (appointment/profile) page to change the old ds160 to the new one.
It's very simple.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olystic: 12:59am On Sep 06, 2017
Hello
If one is traveling for vacation what will he choose, is it. B1, B1/B2 or B2 when filling Ds 160 form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:13am On Sep 06, 2017
If US is doing you shege, come to Singapore and eat dim sum sum and sip magarita. Kaptain Afrika reporting live from the beaches of Singapore.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abumoney(m): 8:41am On Sep 06, 2017
Hello house, last night I entered my MRV and scheduled an appointment for October 24th, and I tried rescheduling for an earlier date, but I was told I have gotten to max, and that I wouldn't be able to reschedule, please can you guys guide me on what to do? Is it that the max was simply for last night alone, or reschedule appointments no longer works?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abumoney(m): 8:45am On Sep 06, 2017
Good day house, please is there any new policy guiding not uploading a passport photograph on your DS-160 form? I want to know because I couldn't upload a passport photograph on my form despite the efforts
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:04am On Sep 06, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
If US is doing you shege, come to Singapore and eat dim sum sum and sip magarita. Kaptain Afrika reporting live from the beaches of Singapore.
wow.... enjoy bro.. will PM you later on how to go about the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Deocano: 9:06am On Sep 06, 2017
Deocano:
Dear Friends,

VO: How re you?
Me: Am Good
VO: Why re you going to the US?
Me: Am Going on Vacation
VO: where in US are u visiting?
Me: Irving, Texas
VO: Are you visiting a friend or who?
Me: I am visiting a relative
VO: What do u do here in Nigeria?
Me: I work in a Bank-Microfinance Bank as The Head of Credit & Risk Management.
VO: Tell me about ur role
Me: told him in details
VO: How do you give loan to customers in Mfbs
Me: Told him the quantitative and Qualitative techniques of credit analysis
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes i am Married
Vo: Do you have children?
ME: Yes i have
Vo: How many ?
ME: Two
VO: Have u travel out of Nigeria Before?
Me: No i have not
VO: Pick you Visa at the circle location
VO: we shall email you once its ready
Me: Thank you.

Please note: i filled the form all by myself from A-Z. All information supplied are true to the best of my ability. Thanks to all good guys in the house.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2017
abumoney:
Good day house, please is there any new policy guiding not uploading a passport photograph on your DS-160 form? I want to know because I couldn't upload a passport photograph on my form despite the efforts
Ask your photographer to send you the digital copy and send it to your computer and upload the digital copy directly to the site.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Keke123: 9:17am On Sep 06, 2017
Update
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gg4real: 9:55am On Sep 06, 2017
Good day my people..........just a quick one, in this period of hurricane harvey, is it appropriate for one to visit relative that lives in Houston Texas area around October - November?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 10:17am On Sep 06, 2017
What time was your appointment as some were rescheduled yesterday and were you nervous?
Deocano:

VO: How re you?
Me: Am Good
VO: Why re you going to the US?
Me: Am Going on Vacation
VO: where in US are u visiting?
Me: Irving, Texas
VO: Are you visiting a friend or who?
Me: I am visiting a relative
VO: What do u do here in Nigeria?
Me: I work in a Bank-Microfinance Bank as The Head of Credit & Risk Management.
VO: Tell me about ur role
Me: told him in details
VO: How do you give loan to customers in Mfbs
Me: Told him the quantitative and Qualitative techniques of credit analysis
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes i am Married
Vo: Do you have children?
ME: Yes i have
Vo: How many ?
ME: Two
VO: Have u travel out of Nigeria Before?
Me: No i have not
VO: Pick you Visa at the circle location
VO: we shall email you once its ready
Me: Thank you.

Please note: i filled the form all by myself from A-Z. All information supplied are true to the best of my ability. Thanks to all good guys in the house.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by akinjis(m): 10:20am On Sep 06, 2017
Good morning too everybody here...have always been a silent reader for a while now..pls I need help on how too write a statement of purpose on MBA in communication and public Relation please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:38am On Sep 06, 2017
akinjis:
Good morning too everybody here...have always been a silent reader for a while now..pls I need help on how too write a statement of purpose on MBA in communication and public Relation please

This wouldn't be the appropriate thread for this, search it out please....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by doyinwbaby: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2017
hello my people, my sister got her visa today. she will post her transcript once she creates an account. pls i have a quick question. how long does she have to wait before picking up her passport?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2017
doyinwbaby:
hello my people, my sister got her visa today. she will post her transcript once she creates an account. pls i have a quick question. how long does she have to wait before picking up her passport?
Congrat to her..let her do or she use your username to do so. Once again CONGRATS

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abumoney(m): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2017
seyewest:

Ask your photographer to send you the digital copy and send it to your computer and upload the digital copy directly to the site.
Thanks bro, but since I already submitted the DS-160 form, how do I then go about the uploading? Thanks in anticipation, House
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
doyinwbaby:

She would get a text and a mail, max 3 days I believe

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by julius99(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2017
Thanks so much.

He was officially divorced and has official documents to that effect since April 2015. He got his visit visa earlier this year.

I wil tell him to pass the information to his wife.

Thanks
FrontPageLawyer:

Did your brother receive a Divorce Decree from the court and the Divorce Certificate from the state before he applied for the visa? A certified copy of the certificate issued by the state is the only proof that the couples are no longer married.

I say this because a marriage is not legally terminated until, the judge signs a judgment that contains the court order for the dissolution of marriage and sets out the terms of the divorce. The marriage terminates on the date the judge signs the judgment for dissolution of marriage. However, the divorce is not final until the court clerk enters the judgment into the court record and a decree is issued by the court that granted the divorce.

It's a common sense. He should check the dates on the Divorce Decree or Certificate if he has any.

If he was separated from his wife while waiting for the court judgment on his Divorce case, then the marriage was still valid as at when he apllied for the visa. If the marriage has been terminated with documents signed and issued by the court and state, then he misrepresent and could be thrown back to Nigeria by USCIS or have his case delayed for long once his U.S spouse petitions for him.

Tell him to contact an immigration lawyer for legal advice in the United States. He'll definitely need one because his ex-wife in Nigeria could even cause more damage if they were not properly divorced.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hawklan: 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hello Good People,

i have travelled to the US 4 times and i want to renew my visa with my family applying with me this time. what are my chances as my wife is still searching for a job and we plan going for vacation for 3 weeks.

i need your kind comments towards this. God Bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
Good morning all.. Please i need some clarification on this matter that has been troubling me..
Whay is the minimum amount someone should have in his account before being granted a Tourist/Visitor Visa?
Someone that has 5M in his account, is that person fit to apply as a tourist ??
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 4:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
Osahon7:
Good morning all.. Please i need some clarification on this matter that has been troubling me..
Whay is the minimum amount someone should have in his account before being granted a Tourist/Visitor Visa?
Someone that has 5M in his account, is that person fit to apply as a tourist ??
Thanks

Your account isn't important, please try reading through the forum, you would get better informed

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by basdow101: 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hi Everyone, [b]To attend a CONFERENCE what is the appropriate one to choose from After picking TEMPORARY BUSINESS PLEASURE VISIT.

1. B1/B2 (BUSINESS AND TOURISM B1/B2) or

2. BI (BUSINESS/CONFERENCE)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by basdow101: 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2017
THEN IS IT ALSO APPROPRIATE TO APPLY 3 MONTHS BEFORE THE INTENDED TRAVEL DATE?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 7:07pm On Sep 06, 2017
hawklan:
Hello Good People,

i have travelled to the US 4 times and i want to renew my visa with my family applying with me this time. what are my chances as my wife is still searching for a job and we plan going for vacation for 3 weeks.

i need your kind comments towards this. God Bless
Go and get your visa sir, no shakings

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lola59(f): 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Kindly let me keep my profile anonymous as I got some preying eyes on my profile. Had my interview yesterday at the Lagos Embassy, 8:15 appointment, Window 4, white guy with beards. Actually my second interview after been denied last year June.
Vo Good morning
Me Good morning, how is it going?
Vo Fine, how are you
Me Am fine
Vo Why are you going to the US
Me Am going for Vacation and Site Seeing
Vo Where in the US
Me New York City
Vo You got any children?
Me No kids
Vo Are you married?
Me Very Single
Vo Where do you work
Me British American xxxxx as a xxxxxx
Vo How do you go about your job there?
Me I told him what we basically check for in my lab and how we go about it, this wasn't the basic write up in the DS 160 so i further emphasized the job duties outlined on the form.
Vo How do you go about calibration (I talked about conducting planned calibration in my duties)
Me I told him the equipments we calibrate and explained the weighing balance specifically using the 200g n 100g standard
Vo Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me This would be my first trip
Vo Typing and looking at me intermittently, sometimes looking away. (I know say na me you dey look, mesev look am for eye)
Vo I will approve your passport blah blah blah

I was just blank at the point I saw him put my passport aside, he gave me the white slip.
AM IN NO POSITION TO GIVE ADVICE COS ALL I ENJOYED WAS GRACE, ALLAH'S RAHMA SHONE ON ME cos obviously no difference and no change in my status since last year. THE ONLY CHANGE BEING I INCLUDED INTENDED FLIGHT ON THE DS 160 (Egypt Air)
1. No travel history, yes I was advised to get WA visas but am not a fan
2. Single with no kids, I chose not to get a "companion"
3. I lost a passport 2013, A friend told me not to declare that, but I refused.
My whole epistle, DON'T LIE NO MATTER HOW MINUTE.
PRAY, PRAY N PRAY.
And also know your strong point and when the VO gives you a chance to sell yourself (which you gonna get), make it count!!!

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.