Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,502 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532472 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chuchunana: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
Sebastine1606:

Twoods is like that, please let's learn to respect and accommodate ourselves, the essence of this forum is to throw light and enlighten ourselves on the best forward and not to shine with people who don't know how it goes
Fear God

I thought I was the only one that noticed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

I was still and I'm still in agreement with u. That's why I said "dassall" . Assin " that's all" to the Bible quote.
Then I now addressed the OP to do as she pleased. Different sentences. Sorry for not been clear kiss kiss
LadyG, am blushing, is that a kiss for me... I close my eyes
And send me your intercontinental bank account with speed grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
mrszez:
Thanks LadyGuinivere, i really do appreciate your response.

What LadyG means is that it is the reconciliation interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2017
Sebastine1606:

LadyG, am blushing, is that a kiss for me... I close my eyes
And send me your intercontinental bank account with speed grin grin grin
Sharpry Sharpry!!!
1004194197. cheesy
I want the poff poff fried with canola oyel. Lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Sharpry Sharpry!!!
1004194197. cheesy
I want the poff poff fried with canola oyel. Lol
I tot it used to be an 11 digits number... grin grin grin
let me wear my eye glasses cool cool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
cosade:

My opinion (I may be wrong) is that it would be easier for someone with a steady job and reasonable income to get U.K visitor's visa than this same person getting US visit visa if he's not able to articulate his travel plan well before the VO in a minute or two. Some people are just crowd shy.

Actually we both agreed on different by both embassy but what I'm trying to pass across is that UK can deny you based on the balance of your bank account which may not truly reflect your true financial position especially if your firm is sponsoring your trip which was something that happened to me personally.
God bless you bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2017
vanbaby:
Good day great people,
I new here.pls I am female and currently not married. I applied late last year and was refused . I do want to apply again but I duno if it is because I am not married cos everything else looked good. Pls I need your advise or should I just go through an agent?
What are those things that looked good?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LuckyLadolce(m): 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

That's exactly what I'm saying. Different strokes for different countries. UK and CA look at documents objectively. US assumes every document is a forgery ( I don't blame them)
I have no idea why the guy was refused the first time. Cos I'm my opinion that's where the root of the problem usually lies. I also know if folks that were denied unfairly and they reapplied and presented a strong case and got. We also had someone like that here -100dollarbill. With all the flenty travel history and sereree them bounce am. E reapply come get.
In my own case I believe the embassy was right to refuse Me the first time I applied cos i clearly had no idea how the system worked. One could look nervous and be wrongly profiled a flight risk.
Good job Lady G. Pls I will like u to put me through on how to apply for a visit visa to US.. . Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
LuckyLadolce:
Good job Lady G. Pls I will like u to put me through on how to apply for a visit visa to US.. her is my number if you don't mind one on one chat on whatsapp. Thanks.
Remove your number from the internet. It isn't safe. Sorry. I can't chat you up or "put you through" cos what this thread is for . To encourage research and hard work. Read the first page of this thread. Read the US embassy website. Then ask for clarifications. I will answer if I can. Openness ensures the best advice.
Happy reading
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LuckyLadolce(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Remove your number from the internet. It isn't safe. Sorry. I can't chat you up or "put you through" cos what this thread is for . To encourage research and hard work. Read the first page of this thread. Read the US embassy website. Then ask for clarifications. I will answer if I can. Openness ensures the best advice.
Happy reading
Thanks I will take out time to read up... Thanks once again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Folazis(m): 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
Folazis:
Good Morning all,
I'm New here but also intending to travel to US with my family.
I work in a bank wit 375k/month, my wife a major distributor of Nigeria Breweries with income of 350k/month also.
We have to kids (4yo born before we got married and 1.3yo)
We've all been to Ghana together for a weekend relaxation and sight-seeing,
We now wants to go US with little baby becos the 4yo will be in sch during our visit this November.
The purpose of visit is for 10days vacation and to celebrate our 3rd year wedding anniversary at Florida this November.
My wife birthday is Dec 25, but can't avoid to leave her biz during EOY activities and also I won't be available to travel during The period also, so we decided to go this November.
The 4yo will stays with grandma while we are away,

THE GURU'S, PLS CHECK THIS OUT IF AM GOOD TO GO OR SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE CORRCTED HERE BEFORE FILING FOR D-160.

Thank you all.

Olga Seye....pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vanbaby: 5:58am On Sep 05, 2017
seyewest:

What are those things that looked good?

Good job with a bank
earn 2hundred n smtin naira
Bank statement with pretty good savings
Have at least 2 travel history.

So I just want to know what I need to do this time around that'll be worth it apart from marriage of course that is next year. Or do I just hold on till then?
Pls guys I have had enough comments that hurt petty bad. So if u know u wouldn't be able to assist with advise it's better you don't say anything at all. Thanks guys
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 6:15am On Sep 05, 2017
vanbaby:

Good job with a bank

So I just want to know what I need to do this time around that'll be worth it apart from marriage of course that is next year. Or do I just hold on till then?
Pls guys I have had enough comments that hurt petty bad. So if u know u wouldn't be able to assist with advise it's better you don't say anything at all. Thanks guys
The two you mentioned are ok, but not enough to convince a VO that you will definitely return, they are very funny VOs, you may need to wait to get married and hopefully your husband is working too with a good job, that will be very ok.. Gives you positive chance OR unless you are traveling for conference that has to do with your job..... They want us to exhaust live 90%if not 100% of all ties, so they breathe a sigh of relieve and approve you
But God dey....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:07am On Sep 05, 2017
vanbaby:

Good job with a bank

The travel history is to where and when?
How long have you been working and how important are you to where you work?
What else are you doing in Nigeria that can't make you leave Nigeria.
Assess yourself and you will know what is missing or not.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lexzyy(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2017
vanbaby:
Good day great people,
I new here.pls I am female and currently not married. I applied late last year and was refused . I do want to apply again but I duno if it is because I am not married cos everything else looked good. Pls I need your advise or should I just go through an agent?
I need clarify something... I av bn following dis thread silently, pls not all agent are bad I can boldly say dat, I used an agent while travelling to d us like two years ago and I can tell u all d informations in my ds 160 form were very correct, I was trained for d likely questions and I can tell u my interview went very smoothly, d truth is had it bn I came across a thread like dis den I might not av used an agent...so pls if someone asked a question if u can't answer u can gladly let it pass and stop doing as if u own people here...PEACE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by julius99(m): 9:45am On Sep 05, 2017
Good Morning Guys,

Pls, my brother is officially divorced but filled "married" in the marital status of the DV160 form... and got the US Visa. Now, he is married to a US citizen traditionally. What will he do to effect the anomaly when he is being filled for, by his US citizen wife.
I understand there is a waiver he will apply for.

Kindly advise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Cryptolady: 10:37am On Sep 05, 2017
Hello House

I'm a bit confused at the moment
I paid the 64k visa fee last month to apply for a B1/B2 visa for a conference in Houston scheduled for September
However with the hurricane in that area I suspended the application
Now I intend applying with my kids(twin girls) for a disneyland christmas holiday in Florida
Can I use the payment slip for the 3 of us or do I pay another 64k visa fee?
And how do I go about with the DS-160 form for the 3 of us?

I tried filling the form but it seems it covers just one minor(not sure though)

LadyG, Seyewest, KaptainAfrica

Thanks in anticipation to your prompt response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:06am On Sep 05, 2017
julius99:
Good Morning Guys,

Pls, my brother is officially divorced but filled "married" in the marital status of the DV160 form... and got the US Visa. Now, he is married to a US citizen traditionally. What will he do to effect the anomaly when he is being filled for, by his US citizen wife.
I understand there is a waiver he will apply for.

Kindly advise

Did your brother receive a Divorce Decree from the court and the Divorce Certificate from the state before he applied for the visa? A certified copy of the certificate issued by the state is the only proof that the couples are no longer married.

I say this because a marriage is not legally terminated until, the judge signs a judgment that contains the court order for the dissolution of marriage and sets out the terms of the divorce. The marriage terminates on the date the judge signs the judgment for dissolution of marriage. However, the divorce is not final until the court clerk enters the judgment into the court record and a decree is issued by the court that granted the divorce.

It's a common sense. He should check the dates on the Divorce Decree or Certificate if he has any.

If he was separated from his wife while waiting for the court judgment on his Divorce case, then the marriage was still valid as at when he apllied for the visa. If the marriage has been terminated with documents signed and issued by the court and state, then he misrepresent and could be thrown back to Nigeria by USCIS or have his case delayed for long once his U.S spouse petitions for him.

Tell him to contact an immigration lawyer for legal advice in the United States. He'll definitely need one because his ex-wife in Nigeria could even cause more damage if they were not properly divorced.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2017
Cryptolady:
Hello House

I paid the 64k visa fee last month to apply for a B1/B2 visa for a conference in Houston scheduled for September
Now I intend applying with my kids(twin girls) for a disneyland christmas holiday in Florida

Sorry I am commenting, I know you didn't mention my name, so don't vex..... We are one in the house after all
I think you may need to pay for the twins Separately, if 128k for each of them and fill their forms, though you would have filled traveling with you in your own ds160
I think it will work like dt
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2017
Cryptolady:
Hello House

You must pay for every visa fee for every applicant be it infant or 100 yrs old and everybody must have ds160 number.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2017
Cryptolady:
Hello House

Yes, you can always change your travel intent and it's fine if you've decided to travel with your kids to Orlando, Fla for the Christmas Holiday, however you should note that each applicant regardless of age will pay the same 64k even "a day old" child if they're allowed on a plane.

Also, each applicant will fill and submit their own DS-160 application form.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:21am On Sep 05, 2017
lexzyy:
I need clarify something... I av bn following dis thread silently, pls not all agent are bad I can boldly say dat, I used an agent while travelling to d us like two years ago and I can tell u all d informations in my ds 160 form were very correct, I was trained for d likely questions and I can tell u my interview went very smoothly, d truth is had it bn I came across a thread like dis den I might not av used an agent...so pls if someone asked a question if u can't answer u can gladly let it pass and stop doing as if u own people here...PEACE.

We know but if you must use agent get your own copy and go through it before submitting.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Cryptolady: 11:22am On Sep 05, 2017
Thaks everyone
I really appreciate your prompt response

We shall testify to the goodnews soon.. IJN

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by smokeydrinky: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
FrontPageLawyer:

Yes, you can always change your travel intent and it's fine if you've decided to travel with your kids to Orlando, Fla for the Christmas Holiday, however you should note that each applicant regardless of age will pay the same 64k even "a day old" child if they're allowed on a plane.

Also, each applicant will fill and submit their own DS-160 application form.

All the best.

Please, we have since submitted our ds160 and gotten an appointment date for October. Our destination is Huston, but with the recent flooding, do we need to update our ds 160?

House please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by inspiredbelieve: 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
Dear All,

Please I need your help.... Lemme use bullet points.
1 - I paid for my visa fee on October 7, 2016 which was last year.

2 - I couldn't apply for an appointment date as I was busy.

3 - Now, I want to apply this month but the portal says the next available date is October 17 this year.

My question is since the payment expires in a year after payment. Can I still go ahead to book and still be assured that my payment that I made last year would still cover me and has not expired??
Kindly help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
inspiredbelieve:
Dear All,

1 - I paid for my visa fee on October 7, 2016 which was last year.

2 - I couldn't apply for an appointment date as I was busy.

3 - Now, I want to apply this month but the portal says the next available date is October 17 this year.

My question is since the payment expires in a year after payment. Can I still go ahead to book and still be assured that my payment that I made last year would still cover me and has not expired??
Kindly help.
Call the embassy. They will give u the best advice

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
inspiredbelieve:
Dear All,

Kindly help.

Not sure, but if I were in your shoes, I will contact the embassy/consulate by email, LagosNIV@state.gov and if they reply saying it is okay, I will print that reply and take it along with me to the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
smokeydrinky:

Please, we have since submitted our ds160 and gotten an appointment date for October. Our destination is Huston, but with the recent flooding, do we need to update our ds 160?

House please.

Fill a new DS160 form reflecting current plans, and
then upgrade your profile on the CGI website.

Greetings to you ever conscious LadyG, been clicking the like button on almost all your comments since the past two days I've been doing catch up on this thread.... Seye, FPL, Cosade, I sight una oh! I quite appreciate the tackling of Cosade on the UK refusal versus the US approval chances ish, great one y'all, just via jaw-jawing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by inspiredbelieve: 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Call the embassy. They will give u the best advice

Many thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by inspiredbelieve: 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
bigbus:

Not sure, but if I were in your shoes, I will contact the embassy/consulate by email, LagosNIV@state.gov and if they reply saying it is okay, I will print that reply and take it along with me to the interview.

Many thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
Thanks o Bendel

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wolesap: 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Good evening house.Please I need your help.I have tried to correct my mistake on my D's 160 as directed on the thread but seems not working.I wanted to fill another form but its giving me another code different from the code on my submitted form.Please I Dont want my date of appointment to change because if the D's 160 code Dont tally with my appointment confirmation code,I may not be allowed for the interview.Please kindly help me with the process of correcting my mistake without affecting my appointment date and without error on the codes(D's 160 and appointment confirmation codes).Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.