Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536049 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wolesap: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
Thanks.I have strong ties in Nigeria that will make me return after my short visit.I work in an oil firm,Monthly salary 315k.I filled all these in my D's 160.I have a landed property.am married with two kids.I actually wanted to go and visit my brother,spend two weeks with him and come back
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
agates:
Hello please i have an urgent question. My aunty went to the embassy today but she wasnt allowed in because her photo was not uploaded on her form. She was told to come back within three days. Will she have to pay again or just reschedule after uploading the photo
No need to pay if they ask her to come back in 3 days.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
aremso:

Really? At this point i want to know the requirement that has to be met for child birth cos i serched online and got an hospital, westhouston medical center and paid $3,000 dollars also paid part of the dr fees and my account was well funded and yet the VO said you guys have really tried but am denying u visa. having presented to him all the correspondences from both the dr and the hospital. So what are the requirements for child birth pls i want to know. we are currently planning to apply for visiting visa both my me and my wife and our baby the later apply for child birth so we need to fortify ourselves with necessary requirements to face the VO

Is it a must you must go to U.S?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
Yjc07:
Hello House,please I need urgent advise I wish to attend a film festival in Los Angeles next month,and the fares are pretty high this period except for Qatar airways which seems to be better compared to other airlines. Please,is it advisable to fly QATAR AIRWAYS?, owing to the present middles east issues with the present government of the United States. As alleged by some people that issues might arise at POE.
Please house I need your candid advise,because as a movie director this festival is a stepping stone for my career.
Do you have a U.S Visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
wolesap:
Good day to all in the house.I am a follower of this thread.Today is my interview at the Lagos consulate.am on my way from the embassy presently Interview started around 9.30am today cos there was a problem on their system.I applied for the US visa in October last year with my family(my wife and a kid) but was denied.I applied alone this time and wanted to travel on vacation to visit my brother who is a legal permanent residence of the US.He got to the US in 2013 through the visa lottery and he had sent me an invitation for visiting.
I was interviewed by a young lady at window 5.
MY TRANSCRIPT:
ME - Good morning
VO- Good morning
ME-How is work this morning?
VO- (no response)Your passport
ME-passed only my passport
VO-why are you going to the US?
ME- Going on vacation to visit my brother
VO-have you applied for the US visa before?
ME-Yes I once applied with my family but was denied
VO-Any change in your circumstances since your first application?
ME-there was a review in my monthly salary and was increased.I applied with my family in my first application but want to travel alone this time
VO-what is the status of your brother?
ME-he is a permanent residence of the united states
VO-do you have any paper from him?
ME-Yes,(passed the invitation letter he sent to me with the introduction letter from where he works in the US)
VO- I Dont need this.I mean a paper from him to prove he is truely a permanent residence of the US.
ME.I stammered....I Dont have any other paper from him except the once I have given.he is a permanent residence of the states,he got to the US through the visa lottery in April 2013
VO-typed for some seconds and passed the blue paper.Sorry I can not approve your visa now,you can re-apply.
Please gurus.tell me my errors.I want to re-apply,when can I apply again.I have not seen my brother for a while and want to see him latest by December.He is a true permanent residence of US,base and work in Houston Texas.
My conversation with the VO today was quite interesting and she was friendly to some extent.Please gurus in the house.where did I got it wrong ? Your corrections will be helpful for my next application.Thanks

Funny that you can't see your error.. You keep hammering about your brother who is a permanent residence but you have no evidence of that.. He should provide you with his passport page, Resident paper etc so that the embassy can reach him and verify the information. Since you failed to do that what do you expect?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aremso(m): 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
eribooboo:

https://www.nairaland.com/3436650/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

All you need to know is on the thread above......READ

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aremso(m): 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
OmoBendel24:

You are still getting it twisted. The reason for denial should definitely be beyond all these, it's about your ties generally; your pay, misrepresentations, the facility, doctor, travel experience, number of persons applying, how long the stay is, accommodation, etc comes to play here oh. I understand how this could be for you though, just follow the link someone provided you if you haven't been there all these while anyways, so much can be gleaned from there. Regards

Thanks so much, we would do the needful and reapply again. But can we both apply the same time while she apply for birthing then i will apply for visitting
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
lol.off course yes i have a valid b1/b2 visa. Being to the US twice before though via United and Delta Airlines respectively,just that they are quite expensive now. Actually wanted to see flying Qatar isn't an issue so I can save some cash to procure some lenses for my next project. So,I need a firm advise whether or not I can fly Qatar airways.
seyewest:

Do you have a U.S Visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
"VO-what is the status of your brother?
ME-Yes,(passed the invitation letter he sent to me with the introduction letter from where he works in the US)
VO- I Dont need this.I mean a paper from him to prove he is truely a permanent residence of the US."

Your error is very clear. If you claim your brother is a permanent residence, where is the evidence? so ask your brother for a copy of his documents and you are good to go. Easily verifiable claims like this, are one of the few times, documents are requested for.

wolesap:
Good day to all in the house.I am a follower of this thread.Today is my interview at the Lagos consulate.am on my way from the embassy presently Interview started around 9.30am today cos there was a problem on their system.I applied for the US visa in October last year with my family(my wife and a kid) but was denied.I applied alone this time and wanted to travel on vacation to visit my brother who is a legal permanent residence of the US.He got to the US in 2013 through the visa lottery and he had sent me an invitation for visiting.
I was interviewed by a young lady at window 5.
MY TRANSCRIPT:
ME - Good morning
VO- Good morning
ME-How is work this morning?
VO- (no response)Your passport
ME-passed only my passport
VO-why are you going to the US?
ME- Going on vacation to visit my brother
VO-have you applied for the US visa before?
ME-Yes I once applied with my family but was denied
VO-Any change in your circumstances since your first application?
ME-there was a review in my monthly salary and was increased.I applied with my family in my first application but want to travel alone this time
VO-what is the status of your brother?
VO- I Dont need this.I mean a paper from him to prove he is truely a permanent residence of the US.
ME.I stammered....I Dont have any other paper from him except the once I have given.he is a permanent residence of the states,he got to the US through the visa lottery in April 2013
VO-typed for some seconds and passed the blue paper.Sorry I can not approve your visa now,you can re-apply.
Please gurus.tell me my errors.I want to re-apply,when can I apply again.I have not seen my brother for a while and want to see him latest by December.He is a true permanent residence of US,base and work in Houston Texas.
My conversation with the VO today was quite interesting and she was friendly to some extent.Please gurus in the house.where did I got it wrong ? Your corrections will be helpful for my next application.Thanks

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
I have seen this twice now in transcripts, if your host is an Legal Permanent Resident in the US, you should request for supporting documents from him or her. I think those are the only documents that are easily verifiable. Also know how he or she entered the US, that helps too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beautyaddy: 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
seyewest:

Lol! I was about to ask the same question.

He really sounds desperate to get to the US...he might as well try visas to others countries like Canada, UK or other European countries too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
He's probably been told this is his year of travelling abroad. The VO has given him an advice on what to do. A nice VO.

seyewest:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Royals1: 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
For the benefit of those going for dis same usaf conference. My transcript in Window 2 vo. y are u going to d state. me. to attend d xXxX conference.
vo. Way is d name of the organisation.
me. usaf
vo. Aw did d organization no u
me. we had one in Nigeria in June, so... she interupted.
vo. I mean as did ur company relate to d organization.
me. it's a conference for entrepreneurs who aspire develop his business.
vo. wat are u doing.
me. Am a biZ owner . MD Bleep dry cleaninng
vo. are u married
me. yes wit a kid.
vo. av u traveled
me. no
vo. do u av sibling in d state.
me. yes a sister
vo. where dos she live in US
me. Illinois.
vo.who is paying for d trip
me . myself
vo. Aw many staff do u av
me . 6
vo. ok sorry bla bla bla
me. Thank u
pleases I nid pple comment before I say further.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sparkzl: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
Royals1:
For the benefit of those going for dis same usaf conference.
My transcript in Window 2
vo. y are u going to d state.
me. to attend d xXxX conference.

vo. Way is d name of the organisation.

me. usaf

vo. Aw did d organization no u

me. we had one in Nigeria in June, so... she interupted.

vo. I mean as did ur company relate to d organization.

me. it's a conference for entrepreneurs who aspire develop his business.

vo. wat are u doing.

me. Am a biZ owner . MD Bleep dry cleaninng

vo. are u married

me. yes wit a kid.

vo. av u traveled

me. no

vo. do u av sibling in d state.

me. yes a sister

vo. where dos she live in US

me. Illinois.

vo.who is paying for d trip

me . myself

vo. Aw many staff do u av

me . 6

vo. ok sorry bla bla bla

me. Thank u

pleases I nid pple comment before I say further.
She/he sense you might not return. You didn't explain you have a good ties in Nigeria that will bring you back. All what VO s want is to convince him/her that you will return. Also your travel history. Attend similar conference in African countries before applying again. But my advice don't use conference except you are applying in group with a known association like MBA, ETC.
Explain in detail your business, your customers and every detail. You also have a sister who can convince you to stay back. Best luck next time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
@all I wish we can be helping ourselves by thiinking for ourself too. This analytical thinking helps also during the interview.

@ wolesap you almost had it but u blew it by not thinking on your feet. VO wanted proof of brothers status. Yes u didn't have it. That's where quick thinking comes into play. Me for answer
' i don't have it on me because the VOs on the social media forums said I don't need extra documents however if I can be given a date, I'll produce it'
This shows confidence and logical reasoning which nobody can fault.
Pele. Keep on reading

14 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Royals1: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Sparkzl:

She/he sense you might not return. You didn't explain you have a good ties in Nigeria that will bring you back. All what VO s want is to convince him/her that you will return. Also your travel history. Attend similar conference in African countries before applying again. But my advice don't use conference except you are applying in group with a known association like MBA, ETC.
Explain in detail your business, your customers and every detail. You also have a sister who can convince you to stay back. Best luck next time

Does dt mean if I av a sibling over there I should lie dt I don't av.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
Yjc07:
lol.off course yes i have a valid b1/b2 visa. Being to the US twice before though via United and Delta Airlines respectively,just that they are quite expensive now. Actually wanted to see flying Qatar isn't an issue so I can save some cash to procure some lenses for my next project. So,I need a firm advise whether or not I can fly Qatar airways.
There will be no problem at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
Seyewest thank you so much.
seyewest:

There will be no problem at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Honeydrop31: 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
How was ur bro's interview..pls share his transcript
tembuk:
Afternoon gurus in the house pls i require your help as i am filling my brothers Ds-160 form, i need a clarification on some things.. He is going on B1 Visa as he is attending IFMA Conference and below are the question i require your help on before submitting it.. pls attached is the details i filled.. attached is also the invite letter sent and details here is the details of the contact person stated on the invite letter if further clarification is required. pls i need your advice on the filled aspects attached cos he has been refused once base on tourism and i want believe he will make it this time your swift response will be appreciated and God bless cos you all have been of great help to people on here....

Contact person in the USA:
Organisation name in the USA:
Relationship to you:
US Contact address:
Phone number:
email address:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
Royals1:

Does dt mean if I av a sibling over there I should lie dt I don't av.

Sir, do not lie under any circumstances.
It means you should work on your ties in Nigeria, and how you explain those ties.

Ciao

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Royals1: 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
[quote author=bigbus post=60627642]

Sir, do not lie under any circumstances.
It means you should work on your ties in Nigeria, and how you explain those ties.

Ciao[/quote

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by prettyynx(m): 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
I went in with my family today and I noticed that every interview is different.... just study your forms because thats what they will use to work on your psychology ..and people with kids , do not scold your kids there no matter how playful they are ,
If the husband is answering questions, wife should be watching the baby's movement ... let the baby play around !!

Vo : hello
Me : hi , you alright?
Vo: yeah thanks ..
Vo : """ looks at our baby and says "superman " !"( because he wore a super man outfit"
Vo : where are you going ?
Me : New York
How long will you be staying : 10 weeks ( mistake )
Vo: what?
Me: 10 weeks (2nd mistake )
Meanwhile wifey is busy locating our ever playful baby
Vo : why are you going ?
Me : our first family vacation plus our wedding anniversary is today and we would like to spend it in the USA
Vo : what do you do ?
Me : I'm a realtor , work with ------ which I own and we engage in bla bla bla
Vo: what are you work details
Me : I say the truth
Vo : how many projects do you have at hand now
Me : 3 construction project , one in Lagos two in Abuja
Vo : how long do you want to stay for again
Me : 10 weeks (3rd mistake but wife mumurs to me saying 10days !)
Me : ooooooh sorry 10days , laughing
Vo: smiles ok and nods heads
Vo : who is going to look after your projects
Me : I have 5 individuals working for me
Vo : where are you going to be visiting
Me : I love animals, so def I'll be looking for a zoo, parks (time square , Empire State Building ) look for good rides and make sure my wife has a lovely time
All these while wifey was busy locating our ever playful baby and she finds him
Vo : what do you do
Wife : banker ....customer service bla bla bla
Vo : how many staffs works in the bank ?
Wife : 10-15 plus cleaners and securities
Vo: how long is your working hours
Wife 8-5pm tho we closer later than that
Vo : so who looks after the boy
Wife : we put him in a crèche
Vo : have you travelled before?
Wife : no
Vo looks at me
Vo : I see you've been to U.K.
Me : yes , for my msc at university of hertfordshire
Vo : so you schooled and worked in the U.K. While you were there ?
Me : yes
Vo : what did you study ?
Me : project management

The VO seems to like typing
You visa has been approved bla bla bla

My advice : say the truth and don't be intimidated.. it's a chat not a job interview..... above all pray !!
DO NOT USE AGENTS ooooooo!!!! Do not do colored photocopy of bio data at the embassy (1k) ... it's not needed...

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LegitBachelor: 8:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hi LadyGuinivere and co. You guys are wonderful. God will reward you all.

Please I need your assistance. I had filled in my godfather as my point of contact in my last visa application which was denied. Now I want to visit the States without staying in my godfather's place. Intend making hotel reservations. So in the application, there's a section where they asked my point of contact. What should I put there? Should I still put him as my point of contact despite the fact that I don't intend staying at his place or should I not?

If I shouldn't fill his name, what should I fill as my point of contact? The hotel I intend lodging in? The various tourist centres I intend visiting? If I should fill his name, can I change his relationship with me from RELATIVE to OTHER? He is a very distant relative......I even later realised I can even marry his daughter. But I had erroneously chose RELATIVE in my previous application.

Please an urgent reply will be appreciated cos I am filling the form at the moment. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
KaptainAfrika post=60618750[b:
]He's probably been told this is his year of travelling abroad.[/b] The VO has given him an advice on what to do. A nice VO.

This guy sef grin grin grin
So he should kukuma try to bring it to pass
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aremso(m): 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
seyewest:

Guy that is non of your biz! am i requesting for money from you? Is it a must you contribute? if u have nothing to say why cant u close up and put padlock?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hotmomma(f): 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hello
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 9:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
hotmomma:
Hello, pls I intend travelling next yr to USA with my son who would be a yr plus for summer to visit my elder sis with her family. I have never travelled out before and I work with d fed govt. I wanna use my leave period to embark on the journey. Please I need advise on what to have on ground, best time to apply and if I have a good chance of getting the visa. I just want to go on a visit, hubby won't be going with us.

Dear madam,
What you need to have on ground is simple: study this thread from the first page. As you read, you will see how to assess yourself, fill the application forms with the truth about your circumstances and ties, and prepare to defend it in all simplicity at the interview. After you have studied about 20 pages here, you can already begin to fill the form. I recommend you fill it gradually, don't rush it, don't rush to submit. It is good you are preparing early. Visiting the US is easy, once you are truthful and meet their requirements.
Wish you all the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
Rejection, is a part of life. Take the US Visa rejection in good faith, take it. I know this is your year of travelling abroad, but maybe God meant travelling to Ghana...and you thought you heard, the US.
aremso:

Guy that is non of your biz! am i requesting for money from you? Is it a must you contribute? if u have nothing to say why cant u close up and put padlock?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
The beauty of research, is that it gives you confidence and knowledge.

hotmomma:
Hello, pls I intend travelling next yr to USA with my son who would be a yr plus for summer to visit my elder sis with her family. I have never travelled out before and I work with d fed govt. I wanna use my leave period to embark on the journey. Please I need advise on what to have on ground, best time to apply and if I have a good chance of getting the visa. I just want to go on a visit, hubby won't be going with us.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2017
LegitBachelor:
Hi LadyGuinivere and co. You guys are wonderful. God will reward you all. Amen

1. What should I put there?
2. Should I still put him as my point of contact despite the fact that I don't intend staying at his place or should I not?
3. The hotel I intend lodging in?
4. The various tourist centres I intend visiting?
5. Please an urgent reply will be appreciated cos I am filling the form at the moment. Thanks.

On 1: put the truth.
On 2: It is your choice. You can read back to see what others have done. You don't have to stay with your contact.
On 3: The hotel can be your contact. (Read back: you will see how.)
On 4: Apparently no; e.g.1. You can't put "Times Square" as your contact; e.g.2. you shouldn't put a contact with which you have no contact.
On 5: Filling the form in a moment of urgency is neither recommendable or commendable. Take you time, do your research, so you don't end up with lots of back and forth, form swapping, needing to upload passport after interview date, etc.
My 5cents, all the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LegitBachelor: 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
bigbus:

On 1: put the truth.
On 2: It is your choice. You can read back to see what others have done. You don't have to stay with your contact.
On 3: The hotel can be your contact. (Read back: you will see how.)
On 4: Apparently no; e.g.1. You can't put "Times Square" as your contact; e.g.2. you shouldn't put a contact with which you have no contact.
On 5: Filling the form in a moment of urgency is neither recommendable or commendable. Take you time, do your research, so you don't end up with lots of back and forth, form swapping, needing to upload passport after interview date, etc.
My 5cents, all the best.
Thanks so much. The truth is that my godfather isn't aware I'm reapplying for the us visit visa. I only intend contacting him once I get the visa as courtesy demands it. And I might only speak with him on phone when I get to the States because where I intend going is a bit far from where he stays......unless he decides to come visiting. Also he frequents Nigeria so no urgent need to see him in the States.

Thanks so much for your advice. I will heed them. They are worth much more than 5 cents, I can guarantee you that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oludharey: 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
Do I need to go with my bank statement for the interview, people pls help with answers.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.