Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533210 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 12:28am On Sep 22, 2017
Royals1:

Fear beating at my age, unless na soldier, aside dt abeg...

@sebastine am sorry for dt. But it's a generalised not u only but anyone who just see denial and look for loopholes as if...

Sir, @Bolded.
When people post successful transcripts, it is for illustration, giving thanks, giving back, helping others.
When people post transcripts when denied, I want to believe one of the principal purposes is for others to critique the transcripts, to look for loopholes, and help with pointers as to what went wrong.

@Misrepresenters.
You should know that a lie is a lie, both little lie and big lie can earn you denial. When you tell a lie, it becomes more difficult to establish credibility. This applies to the US Consular, and also the general public who reads/hears from you.
When you come clean, though it may hurt, you should be able to take the "punishments" that come with misrepresenting in the first instance.

@Gurus.
Please, temper justice with mercy. We know you are all doing a good job, pro bono. And it is part of the good job to point out false information, ensuring that the innocent are not led astray. Sometimes when you have done your job, just let the rantings pass.

But, my naija people, it is tough when someone keeps changing stories, especially someone that you are trying to help.

Please take your time to read the thread, if possible before applying so that you can avoid pitfalls up front. If you have fallen, still read before posting your transcript (or while posting your transcript).

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 12:31am On Sep 22, 2017
kessel:

Hmmm
Please are there documents am supposed to upload when booking the interview date or just the form they will provide.
Don't want to run into the issue of not getting a good date. Thanks
Please can justice be done to my question
Filling the form now and I just want to be sure of what to write on the marital status.
I have a child out of wedlock and plans are on motion to settle down with her mum, do I choose "others" and explain in the box provided below or jus select single
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 12:39am On Sep 22, 2017
kessel:

Please can justice be done to my question
Also, the embassy links on the part 1 is not available according to their website.
Thanks

Read back. Every now and then, someone posts the link(s) for the website. As to your question, take your time to fill the form. When filling, save from time to time, so that you don't loose what you have typed if the page times out (or you loose your internet connectivity).

The only document I know you will need for a tourist visit visa is your passport photograph. It must be uploaded according to the guidance available on the website. Some suggest asking the photographer to send you the softcopy, so that you don't need to scan.

Only further comment is that it is more peaceful to follow the instructions online; e.g. Complete the form before scheduling an interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 12:54am On Sep 22, 2017
osuohak:
Please oooo,
I think ppl tendering their transcript should tel us the window number that interviewd them.
The black American lady at window 8 is so mean, she was dashing out blue paper even after more that 5mins conversation. I wanted to run to the next window but my liver cut.
She also gave me and the person behind and another behind.
So please indicate the windows it will help us that want to r[b]eapply to avoid some Vos. [/b]
This is so so wrong, why try to let people be discouraged by a particular window or VO, FYI, if it's ur turn to get to the VO and refused all in the name of "avioding" other VOs will mark your face, so just pray for God's favor and stop this biased mind set
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 1:08am On Sep 22, 2017
Thanks

Filling the form now and I just want to be sure of what to write on the marital status.
I have a child out of wedlock and plans are on motion to settle down with her mum, do I choose "others" and explain in the box provided below or jus select single
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:40am On Sep 22, 2017
@creativeweb
This comment is cos you tagged me. Really?! Dude. I have no apologies. U asked a question. I answered you objectively and even gave you reasons for my opinion.
With the little research tool I had I saw your stories with subtle differences . I pointed it out and reminded u VOs too will see it. How is that judgment? If I spot seeming inconsistencies And point it out, it is truth. You explained. E no concern me. I ignore move on. I'm not a vo. But a few seconds of research showed me some holes. I wonder what a vo with energy and vast research tools would.
I repeat. If folks can't stand opinions. PLEASE DON'T ASK FOR IT.
I'M here to help as many honest people as I can. I'm not your priest, or your faith giver. I say what I believe in as civil way as I can. I have no apologies for trying to help you. Only regret for killing my battery

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:43am On Sep 22, 2017
kessel:
Thanks

I have a child out [right][/right]of wedlock and plans are on motion to settle down with her mum, do I choose "others" and explain in the box provided below or jus select single
Dude. The answer is simple. Marriage is by operation of law. There is
Married
Single
Divorced
Widowed
Each status is regulated by law. Which are you? Have u been declared married by law? If not. You are single. Shikena
You can explain the extras at the interview

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:20am On Sep 22, 2017
Royals1:
Before I forget, who says dey are psychologist. Na lie, only God is a psychologist. wat prove to dem dt d Op is not running away. wat ties does she av 'masters student'. war is her travel history, is she married. so parents are d ties she has here in Nigeria. psychologist indeed

In as much as I don't like your point... You no lie sha.

Maybe she put her parents as sponsor, and perhaps she added she was travelling with them with existing visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:22am On Sep 22, 2017
Rachie83:
What if he had applied before the hurricane, what did he supposed to have said?

That he/she planned to go to Florida but with the hurricane issue, I have decided to visit another city, which is not affected by hurricane

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:27am On Sep 22, 2017
svelteseun:
I am a silent reader, posted here cos I learnt a lot from this group through people's transcript and I did the same to help others now a lot of bad mouthing everywhere. I'm running away Enough of the English self, if I no kuku post transcript I no go they get all this kind talk... God did it o, if you got a problem with that then ask HIM.

Nobody is bad mouthing you. Infact your transcript was a keg of gun powder which has opened up a lot of issues to be discussed. It is not about you, it is about stereotyping

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 3:32am On Sep 22, 2017
kessel:

Hmmm
Please are there documents am supposed to upload when booking the interview date or just the form they will provide.
Don't want to run into the issue of not getting a good date. Thanks

DS160 confirmation slip with photo uploaded
Dropbox Appointment slip,
Payment Slip,
Int. Passport

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:36am On Sep 22, 2017
CreativeWeb:

I know. I know. Experiences affect our judgement. Sorry, the man in cassock disappointed you. Hood doesn't make a monk. Thank you for your take.

See, we are not VOs, just book your interview like sveltseun did and attend it. God sees your heart and what will be will be

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:41am On Sep 22, 2017
Starmish:
Hello,

I need advice. I was recently deported from the US and I need your advice on what to do.

I have travelled to so many countries because of my profession and have been to the US before on a professional exchange visit visa. I have also always returned at the stipulated time and have no criminal records.

Things got a little bit harder for me here in Nigeria and I decided to apply for a US B1/B2 visa masking that I wanted to visit even though I planned to work. The visa was easy to get having had a sort of relationship with the US guys in Nigeria.

I arrived at the POE and through hardluck and very stubborn immigration officials, it was discovered I had another mission. The incriminating messages on my phone and social media accounts were searched (which clearly suggested I was in the US to work) made it easier for them and they recorded this against my prints, name and I was deported.

I was equally not prepared for the questions because I assumed I won't face any scrutiny having been to the US before so I was a little bit honest especially after discovering I was caught. This made the immigration lady to offer me two options:

1. Withdraw my visa willingly and reapply anytime I want or

2. Be banned from the US for 5years and be forcefully removed.

I of course choose the former and returned to Nigeria quietly and still facing the challenges I thought visiting to work in the US will solve. Infact, I'm now in deeper debts.

Now my questions.

1. What should I do with my passport especially if I want to travel to another country? The US immigration officer cancelled and really destroyed the Visa on my passport with ink. Would this not raise a red flag if I present it elsewhere?

2. I have professional engagements in the US early next year. What will nairalanders advise me to do? Write the US embassy to apologise or how can I atone for my sins?

3. Is it ever possible to enter the US again given my story?

PS: I owned up to my mistake and have come clean. Kindly just advise and don't insult me please. I made a terrible mistake and I know it. I just want your advise.

Regards.

Option 1: Get a job and get the employer to apply for work visa for you. This is a very difficult task though.

Option 2: Forget about US for now, take like 5 years break and return when your circumstances have changed

3. Get an immigration lawyer. They are well versed in these things

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 6:44am On Sep 22, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Lolz! But yours is a settled case, you know we used to be on your side supporting you, but.... Damn!
Yes, you used to be always there for me... but sometimes your indirect attack go be like North Korean Missile. lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 6:48am On Sep 22, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@creativeweb
This comment is cos you tagged me. Really?! Dude. I have no apologies. U asked a question. I answered you objectively and even gave you reasons for my opinion.
With the little research tool I had I saw your stories with subtle differences . I pointed it out and reminded u VOs too will see it. How is that judgment? If I spot seeming inconsistencies And point it out, it is truth. You explained. E no concern me. I ignore move on. I'm not a vo. But a few seconds of research showed me some holes. I wonder what a vo with energy and vast research tools would.
I repeat. If folks can't stand opinions. PLEASE DON'T ASK FOR IT.
I'M here to help as many honest people as I can. I'm not your priest, or your faith giver. I say what I believe in as civil way as I can. I have no apologies for trying to help you. Only regret for killing my battery
How many times have you called or write an open letter to Lai Mohammed and tell him about his lies
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:55am On Sep 22, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
How many times have you called or write an open letter to Lai Mohammed and tell him about his lies
Seen.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by muzybow: 8:02am On Sep 22, 2017
Rachie83:
Thanks for your response but I am more confuse now cos someone here said I will have to renew my passport cos it must have at least six month validity before i travel in november but you said otherwise, please someone should help for more clarification.

Six Months Passport Validity Rule for entering the U.S. on non-immigrant visa. Visitors traveling to the United States are required to be in possession of passports that are valid for six months beyond the period of their intended stay in the United States.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:07am On Sep 22, 2017
@starmish no point stating the obvious rhetoric here now. I am not God but I'll answer you from the legal standpoint....
1. A ban is VERY difficult to overturn. There are certain Ad very few reasons to get that done ( google them) Since resources are tight Il advice you not to waste them pursuing a tall dream. As for your engagements next year, there's really nothing you can do about it

2. Have you considered other migration pathways? Canada? Australia? As for your passport, the advice I'll give well be difficult
If you destroy it, your records on the US system isn't destroyed Now is it? That would mean you wouldn't answer honestly if asked by another country. They may lead to another ish of misrepresentation and more wahala. Check the Canada and Australia immigrantion threads for means to migrate. Agents are usually good to help. Check school or skilled migration. Good luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 8:39am On Sep 22, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
[b]How many times have you called or write an open letter to Lai Mohammed and tell him about his lies
Oh boy ooh,the LadyG I know doesn't support what is not right, and so, if she has the opportunity to tell "Lai Muhammed" about his lies,then why not?.....Him no be human being like "U"
Anyway,does it mean you were lying wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nanajec(m): 9:20am On Sep 22, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello nanajec -

We do not comment on the chances of issuance of any particular case. However, in almost all circumstances we don't care who invited you, or if anyone has invited you. Invitation letters are rarely requested or looked at. What we do care about are your ties to Nigeria. A history of international travel is one of many factors we consider in analyzing ties.

Thank you very much.
I work with an International (dutch) NGO with a salary of 302000Naira as monthly Salary. Will that suffice as a good tie. Please any tips in proving my ties to my country? I appreciate the help a lot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Biamoz(m): 9:52am On Sep 22, 2017
@ seyewest, @ omobendel 24, @ Kapitanafrica @ lady G

Good morning, I have just been denied on the 20th and my interview was in less than 3minutes. It goes thus

Me: Good morning
Vo: Good morning
Vo: your passport please
Me: give him my passport
Vo: Why are you going to US
Me: To attend a conference
Vo: What conference
Me: bla bla bla conference taking place in bla bla city
Vo: Have you been denied US visa before ?
Me: yes
Vo: why
Me: my wife applied for DV lottery 2012 and she was among the winners. The visa was denied because of the mistake she made while applying for the visa lottery. She mistakenly use our country of residence as the foreign state of chargerbility instead of Nigeria. She used it because we are living legally in the country
Vo: looking on his computer and says " yes yes she suppose to use Nigeria as the foreign state of chargerbility.

Then he said sorry bla bla bla and handed me the blue leaflet

Please what could be wrong since I have a good travel history having travelled to France, Italy, Spain, UAE, Tanzania , Ghana, Mali and Zimbabwe. And I believe to have a strong ties and he neither asked for any document

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2017
[quote][/quote]@biamoz I saw your post earlier and unfortunately I cannot speculate based on the post. It is not enough to reach a rational conclusion.
The only two generalizations I can come to with is
Either the foundation has been broken earlier by a misrepresentation ( you guys should review all your applications and see) . In that case, you can travel to all the countries In the world and it wouldn't make a difference.
Or they are not satisfied with your ties
So you that know all the details of your applications, go back to the drawing board. Review each one especially the very first one and the one after the lottery
Documents are rarely asked for or checked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Which God? the muslim, christian, traditional or the atheist god? I have seen Muslims get visa, I have seen Christians get visa, I have seen idol worshippers get visa, I have seen Atheist get visa. So which God are you talking about?

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy. Just savage!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Oga boss, I can't just jump and pass! You and @JWT just dey reign for the thread.

Your case is a clear one of desperation, and it will soon earn you a proper red-flagging at best and a ban at worst. Lemme attempt to tell you your plan. Seems everyone is some bit sugarcoating what should be told you in plain and clear terms, and I will help, ain't taking prisoners on this one.

You actually don't have money for birthing like you rightly said, you wanted to relocate with your family to the US back of a B1/B2 visa, you also wanted to birth without payment from your pocket, on an anchor baby route proper. That has failed, and sense has departed you, you have studied the thread and twerked it to fit your desperation albeit directionlessly. Your decision now is to go alone, relocating without your wife and child for now. You want to use the thread and our head to know how to do this....

The simple answer is that you will be found out, particularly because of your impatience! Punishment awaits you if wisdom will not return to you early now....
I agree with this. Truth is most of these posters are agents and some do not give a true account of their transcript.

Una dey really try to dey advice all the time knowing fully well the advice seekers have their own plan already.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 10:38am On Sep 22, 2017
CreativeWeb:
LadyGuinivere, KaptainAfrika, OmoBendel24, Sebastine1606, judging someone outrightly is not fair just because he was denied Visa.

Thank you. Let's keep on giving value.
I just have to comment. Did your wife give birth prematurely? You said she'll be 7months 3rd week in August and now you talk about your new born?

In all honesty, your story isn't straight despite this your epistle tongue

No advice for you. Sorry

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 10:40am On Sep 22, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Neither do you know me! You definitely cannot be saying the truth, that, I can say authoritatively, you are even far from being economical with the truth sef, you are a dully cunning person, simple! Ain't worked up, I'm making an educated/informed guess which is more likely than your cock and bull story. I've bursted several of your type in the years I've spent here, even when they show up with different monikers subsequently to deceive themselves and not us. You can't use our experience to immigrate illegally to the US and join to make the road to visa issuance very much difficult for genuine applicants after you. I will pray a short prayer for you and your subsequent applications if you are not careful, and it will come to pass.... Just bend my friend!
I agree

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 10:42am On Sep 22, 2017
nanajec:

Thank you very much.
I work with an International (dutch) NGO with a salary of 302000Naira as monthly Salary. Will that suffice as a good tie. Please any tips in proving my ties to my country? I appreciate the help a lot.

Sir, Have you been to Holland before? Working with a Dutch NGO could be a good opportunity; timely return from a visit to Holland can help demonstrate your intention not to abandon Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2017
shrekandfiona:

I just have to comment. Did your wife give birth prematurely? You said she'll be 7months 3rd week in August and now you talk about your new born?

No advice for you. Sorry

Only the truth does not change.

VO asked us why we are going to the US, we told her we are going for vacation and Synod. She asked if we have kids, we said no. She asked if I have traveled before, I said yes. She asked if we traveled together that time, I said no.

We said the truth. I didn't know I should have told her that we are going for vacation and Synod, and that my wife is pregnant but we didn't intend to have our baby in the US. I didn't know we should have explained that. People told us that if you explain what you are not asked, they will see you as being too forward.

Now, a clergy, a member of our Diocese who has stayed in the US for 37 years is inviting me to a conference in his church. I will be speaking at the conference pro Bono.

My wife can't follow me because of the new born baby. The conference is only 7 days. I want to go for the Conference, but I can also decide not to go. It's not a do or die conference.

I have a life in Nigeria. I pastor a big congregation of an Anglican Church. I'm married with a kid. My wife is a student. And, you are telling me that I'm lying that I just want to relocate to the US. That's not true.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 10:54am On Sep 22, 2017
bigbus:

I believe he meant his new born!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 10:58am On Sep 22, 2017
bigbus:

No mind am cheesy he thinks he is talking to kids, deceiving him/herself

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 11:03am On Sep 22, 2017
shrekandfiona:

No advice for you. Sorry
I almost asked this same question,but just had to plea and let "sleeping dogs lie" .

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gbemmy777: 11:08am On Sep 22, 2017
[quote author=Beautyaddy post=60704630]

Seriously

And they still accepted that passport photograph and issued you an international passport with such a picture

I don't want to believe that you were issued a Nigerian passport with that picture.[/quote Whats wrong with having a scarf on for international passport?

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.