Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534295 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 6:17am On Oct 13, 2017
smokeydrinky:
We got to the consulate around past 6am. Omo, the crowd and queuing no be here. I thought it would get better once we are inside the interview room but no, same crowd and queue. My kids were making alot of noise and generally being difficult to control but me and hubby had to smile through it all, calmly and lovingly calling them to other, but for where? Plus I was on heels. I was just praying for a miracle and it came. They had to consider us because of the kids and told us to join 3 people standing before window 3. Once there. I took time to note the outcome of their interview, all 3 plus the one being interviewed when we joined the queue were denied. Ha, I was just calmly saying that our case is different. Fast-forward to our turn....

Us: Good morning ( with a smile)
Vo: Good morning. Takes our passport does some things.....
Vo: why huston?
Hubby: from our research, it's a cool and nice place. ( this must be tension coz I told him from research it's actually not as cold as some other parts of US so I lean in..... The vo smirked when I took over from my husband and nodded his head)
Me: Yea, it's a nice place and the weather seems to be not as cold as some other areas, we would also love to visit NASA space center, the children's museum.... But we would also love to go to Florida towards the end of our vacation so the kids can visit Disneyland. At this point, hubby had gone to get our kids who were running around so I proceeded to place them on top of the counter.
Vo: Sir Wat do you do
Hubby: Im the CEO of xyz
Vo: WATS your business all about
Hubby: explains very briefly
Vo: Madam Wat do you do
Me: Im a lawyer, the legal adviser to my husband's company ( touches hubby)
Vo: Yea. (so I stop further explanation)
Vo: have you travelled out before?
Hubby: (didn't get the question) you mean family vacation?
Vo: yes.
Hubby : we have been to few places in Nigeria together but haven't traveled out together. My wife and kid went on a vacation when she was pregnant with the second. I should have joined them but last minute constraints from work prevented me.
Vo: Have you traveled out yourself?
Hubby : yes. Severally to China but always on business. ( he didn't add the other countries he has been to and I don't know why. Maybe tension or coz they r all in his old passport which we didn't bring)
Vo: do you have other kids?
Me : no, just the two.
Vo: do you have any relative in America
Me: no.
Vo: Sir how long have you been in business
Hubby: answers
Vo starts typing.... The kids were running around again and I was turning my head looking for them while hubby dashes off to get them.
Vo: I will be approving your visas, brings a white paper, circle an address and said ' Pls pick up....... I no hear the rest grin grin
Me and dh: thank you.( with a smile)

Na so we carry our kids, and our very precious white paper and left. All thanks to God, and to you all. I read and read and read this thread like someone that is preparing for bar finals grin. Shared what I learnt with hubby. Our interview wasn't more than 2 minutes. I went with everything, na only police report I no bring but absolutely nothing was asked for.

Please I have a question, why do people make their kids put on school uniform for the interview?

Congrats smokey

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:56am On Oct 13, 2017
Yes, reapply and confess but don't have it mind that you will be given, you may or may not be given - the idea is own up to the lies told, basically throwing yourself at the mercy of the VO. This does not mean you will go scot-free, but I guess it counts to restoring your credibility.
Thats what "coming clean" means in that context.
TestimoneyTesti:
In essence such a person should reapply again and confess or wat do u really mean by coming clean in this condition
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:59am On Oct 13, 2017
1. So if you are married by the time, you are filling your form then you should put married.
2. If there is a space to say if you were married before, use it and give an explanation of what happened.
3. Otherwise during the interview, let the VO know and offer to show evidence of the marriage certificate and divorce certificate.

wolebs0007:
Thanks a lot, I will definitely be married to my new spouse when filling subsequent applications. So I should fill my intended spouse name instead of the previous?God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2017
Sebastine1606:

Congrats smokey
Bia this man! Why are you doing like a newbie? Just to drop one line na e you quote one page? Mind your feeling mula o! cheesy

Boredom is killing me in this Enugu I carry myself come. This place dry o!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 13, 2017
So many people lie when completing that DS-160 form.

For your own good, don't lie, especially about marriage or children. That thing doesn't go away!!!

My Dad lied when he was completing his own form some 17 years ago. Basically the only reason he couldn't file for an immigration visa for me and my siblings.

No lie is worth it.

I am bringing this up because people keep coming here to ask indirectly how they can cover a lie. Trust me in some cases, a 5-year ban is better than covering up some lies.

Let's be guided.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2017
NairaSand:

For your own good, don't lie, especially about marriage or children. That thing doesn't go away!!!

My Dad lied when he was completing his own form some 17 years ago. Basically the only reason he couldn't file for an immigration visa for me and my siblings.

No lie is worth it.

I am bringing this up because people keep coming here to ask indirectly how they can cover a lie. Trust me in some cases, a 5-year ban is better than covering up some lies.

Let's be guided.
God bless u
Remain blest
May your fount of wisdom never run dry

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 13, 2017
wolebs0007:
hello house , I was refused a visit visa in 2015. In the application I had done my introduction and court wedding with my then partner thereby filling married and stating her name in the DS 160 form. Unfortunately the marriage didn't work out as we divorced and went separate ways due to family difference. My question now is that i plan to remarry this by the end of this hear. please how do I rectify my married status on future application and include my present wife name. Thanks

I'd be surprised if even you believe your own story cheesy

2015: So happily married you planned going on vacation with wife.
2016: Family differences and you broke up with wife.
2017: Have a new wife and everything is rosy. So rosy you want to blow a couple of millions on vacation.

The bible says judge not so you will not be judged, but guess what? It's the VO's job to be your judge. Your story just doesn't make any sense!

You and your wife have zero travel experience as a couple and the first place you want to take her is the US. How rich must you be to even be able to comfortable afford that. So rich you haven't traveled anywhere else?

Oh please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 13, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

God bless u
Remain blest
May your fount of wisdom never run dry

Amen my big madam.

I'm not sure you remember me.....but err you were quite instrumental during my interview sometime last year.

God bless you too wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Laaffound: 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Good day house, I really appreacite the good work you guys are doing in the house please I need assistance and guide .
I have a running Visa that will expire early next year and I have actually used it and am qualified for drop box but my question is my passport expire in Nov 2018 and my son expires in early 2019 and if we apply for renewal by January they issue 2yrs that will expire by 2020.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT IMMIGRATION SAID I CANT RENEW UNTILL SIX MONTH TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE PEE
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 13, 2017
NairaSand:

No lie is worth it.

Let's be guided.
Lol, I talked about suspension or ban last time but nobody paid attention to that.

American Embassy doesn't play with misrepresentation of information. That's why a simple denial isn't bad because you can always get the visa at any time. smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Bia this man! Why are you doing like a newbie? Just to drop one line na e you quote one page? Mind your feeling mula o! cheesy

Boredom is killing me in this Enugu I carry myself come. This place dry o!
Wait make I come carry you go chop isi - ewu....
I tired ni grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
NairaSand:

I'd be surprised if even you believe your own story cheesy

2015: So happily married you planned going on vacation with wife.
2016: Family differences and you broke up with wife.
2017: Have a new wife and everything is rosy. So rosy you want to blow a couple of millions on vacation.

The bible says judge not so you will not be judged, but guess what? It's the VO's job to be your judge. Your story just doesn't make any sense!

You and your wife have zero travel experience as a couple and the first place you want to take her is the US. How rich must you be to even be able to comfortable afford that. So rich you haven't traveled anywhere else?

Oh please.

I agree with you at the bolded, I also smell a rat.... tongue

But at the second bolded may not actually be an issue, in some cases, but for issue of divorce as though is easy"irresponsibility"it may blow alarm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ayoboo: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2017
Kindly advise processing period for dropbox renewal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jomol48: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hello house, please I need your help urgently. I am planning to visit the US on a vacation probably December this year with my wife. Besides, We got married this month and my brother is inviting us over for the vacation. I work with a multinational food and beverage company and my wife works at a food and beverage company also but not multinational. I would like to know what to take along for the interview. We have no traveling experience out of the country before now. Please I need your quick response. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Sebastine1606:

I agree with you at the bolded, I also smell a rat.... tongue

But at the second bolded may not actually be an issue, in some cases, but for issue of divorce as though is easy"irresponsibility"it may blow alarm

The second bolded [Making the US your first international destination] was never an issue. I and a couple of friends successfully did.

The subject's case just come off as rather fishy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2017
Jomol48:
Hello house, please I need your help urgently. I am planning to visit the US on a vacation probably December this year with my wife. Besides, We got married this month and my brother is inviting us over for the vacation. I work with a multinational food and beverage company and my wife works at a food and beverage company also but not multinational. I would like to know what to take along for the interview. We have no traveling experience out of the country before now. Please I need your quick response. Thanks

1. For Visit visa there's a 99% chance no document will be checked.

The important stuff is what you fill in your DS 160 as well as your composure [and confidence] when you face the VO.

It's hard to believe but No document will be asked. Don't play yourself.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2017
NairaSand:

The second bolded [Making the US your first international destination] was never an issue. I and a couple of friends successfully did.

I concur 100%...... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
Jomol48:

Multinationals are great working environments, may come in handy.... But no docs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Laaffound: 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
Laaffound:
Good day house, I really appreacite the good work you guys are doing in the house please I need assistance and guide .
I have a running Visa that will expire early next year and I have actually used it and am qualified for drop box but my question is my passport expire in Nov 2018 and my son expires in early 2019 and if we apply for renewal by January they issue 2yrs that will expire by 2020.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT IMMIGRATION SAID I CANT RENEW UNTILL SIX MONTH TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE PEE
Still expecting response from family please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZaraOli: 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
@laaffound
After renewing your visa in the old passport, you can then subsequently renew your international passport. But you will have to attach the old passport (with the US visa) to the new passport when traveling.
The visa in the old passport remains valid and that is why your old passport will be 'cancelled without prejudice' at the point of reissuing your new passport.
Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Laaffound: 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
ZaraOli:
@laaffound
After renewing your visa in the old passport, you can then subsequently renew your international passport. But you will have to attach the old passport (with the US visa) to the new passport when traveling.
The visa in the old passport remains valid and that is why your old passport will be 'cancelled without prejudice' at the point of reissuing your new passport.
Hope this helps
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by IFY200: 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2017
In 2006:
I applied for a student visa with no prior guidance and got roasted in the interview... ..got pretty scarred and forget US

FAST - FORWARD...Present day Buhari Naija 2017:
I was @ the visa office Abuja recently where I witnessed the brisk issuance of ..pink colored papers flying left -Right and center. families/singles were struck down brutally. The only people who appeared to be exempt where the elderly and aged senior citizens.

Now my interview. ...

VO: Good morning , passport (beautiful vo...she just bounced a guy earning 600k and I just shake head at the contents of my salary )

ME:Good morning Ma, (I give am passport)(for my mind...na you get yam and knife)

VO: Where you travelling to?
ME: Virginia (I got to know in Nairaland that virginia no be good tourism site but I done fill ds160 form submit b4 I see nairaland )

VO: why virginia?
ME: vacation , visiting my friend from University days, TOURISM(she no let me talk wetin I spend weeks dey cram ..cheiiii)

VO: how long are you spending in the US
ME:30 days

VO: 3 days ...(Looking @ her screen)ooooh ...30 days
ME: yes Ma

VO: who are you visiting
ME: a friend from my university days

VO: how long have you known him
ME: since year 2000.

VO:what is his occupation
ME: He is into medical things

VO: what do you do
ME: I am a medical somebody

VO: Where do you work
Me: I work as a medical somebody in Bleep state but commute from Bleep state

VO: how long have you been working
ME: total 12 years (4 years here and 8 years there)

VO: Are you married
ME: yes ma (quoting my wife's name)

VO: Do you have children
ME: yes Ma (quoting their names)

VO: (she types on her computer and repeats what I did not say)So you say that you have a child
MEsadI am like: see me see trouble ooooh )I get 2 child(stating their names again)...ewooo ki ka mezeee(wetin I do Ma)

VO: Are you going with family
ME: no Ma , my wife dey work for where she no get leave now, 2 picken dey school

VO: have you traveled b4
ME: yes canada(2twice),kenya(thrice)(kenya wasn't mentioned in my ds160 form because I had travelled there 9 years)

VO: (She looks @ me and ask to see the old passports because I had a new passport )
MEsadI hand over my old passports and she flips thru carefully )

VOsadshe starts typing)....
ME: (I am yelling in my mind ....JESUS SAVE me ooooh )

VOsadshe hands me the white paper...The one that contains how to collect your processed passport )
MEsadI was expecting not to hear her other words as per reports from nairaland people, but I hear everything and I say thank you Ma )

as I turn to go, she calls me back to hand me my passport(s)..Guys , I forgot my old passports. I thanked her while walking away in slow motion. I thanked God for favor.

God bless you all here on this thread for your questions, insightful thoughts and answers.

I was in stealth mode all the time and I read almost everything on this thread. (it was really helpful )

Special thanks to GOD first..., then to the Gurus..lady G, justwise,Nef, Twoods (your sarcasm is top notch),bigbus , seyewest and everyone ..God Bless you all.

final notes:
I wasn't better than those denied. Some of the applicants had better profiles(but my guess is that they didn't have the guidance derived from nairaland ) I was just favored and blessed to have received guidance from this thread . I stated the truth in all sections of my application

My belief is : The truth pays all the time....THANK YOU ALL and May GOD'S blessings abide with you.....

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
NairaSand:

No lie is worth it.

Let's be guided.
May God keep you and guide you.
Way easier to tell the truth and keep up lies for years
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 11:10pm On Oct 13, 2017
IFY200:
In 2006:
I applied for a student visa with no prior guidance and got roasted in the interview... ..got pretty scarred and forget US

VOsadshe hands me the white paper...The one that contains how to collect your processed passport )
MEsadI was expecting not to hear her other words as per reports from nairaland people, but I hear everything and I say thank you Ma )

Congrats and safe trip when you travel. Miss nothing from madam and kids' shopping list o. wink

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 13, 2017
Laaffound:

You can carry the old passport(when it expires) with valid visa and the new passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2017
NairaSand:

I'm not sure you can get a divorce (legally) that fast in nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by IFY200: 6:26am On Oct 14, 2017
bigbus:

Congrats and safe trip when you travel. Miss nothing from madam and kids' shopping list o. wink

Thanks boss...I am not allowed to forget their list for dream sef talk less of real life (you go know say na woman na get house)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:22am On Oct 14, 2017
salsera:

I'm not sure you can get a divorce (legally) that fast in nigeria
Lef talk na! Shebi as we be Mumu VO too them no get sense. Na Una get energy to unwittingly help folks adjust and finetune their stories

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Admonika: 8:42am On Oct 14, 2017
You guys are trying

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:07am On Oct 14, 2017
@LadyGuinivere

Please can you help us with a new part? This current part is far too long now.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Oyearike: 11:01am On Oct 14, 2017
@LadyGuinivere
Nice work you are doing right here. Biko I need help. My husband and I are scheduled for an interview Second week of November, while going through our documents yesterday, I found out my confirmation number on my completed Ds 160 is different from the one on the appointment page. I am dependent on my husband on the appointment page so I tried editing the details but i could not. There was just a wrong figure that differentiates the two numbers. What can be done to correct this mistake? Moreso Is it important as we are to bring the confirmation page and passport to the embassy. Help a sister out
Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Laaffound: 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
salsera:

You can carry the old passport(when it expires) with valid visa and the new passport
Thank you so much really appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.