Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? (987 Views)

What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? / Man Accuses Rev Father Edeh Of Locking Him Up After Asking For His Wages. Photos / What Does It Mean That Our Sins Are Washed Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by agarawu23(m): 6:32am On Oct 11, 2015
Happy Sunday people smiley

We were taught God has the power of forgiving us our sins, how are we sure the last prayer we did begging God for forgiveness were accepted?

Is there any signs that will make us know God has forgiven us?

Anytime i pray and ask God for forgiveness, i begin to wonder if God has truly cancelled my old sins embarassed

Is there a special way to ask God for forgiveness that will give us assurance that He has forgiven us?

What are the signs?

Religion guru's, over to you cool
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:38am On Oct 11, 2015
You mean the God who will still send you to hell after everything...

1 Like

Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by crispberry(f): 6:39am On Oct 11, 2015
Jesus already paid the price.
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by agarawu23(m): 6:48am On Oct 11, 2015
crispberry:
explain better smiley
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by agarawu23(m): 6:49am On Oct 11, 2015
[s]
SeverusSnape:
You mean the God who will still send you to hell after everything...
[/s]
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by iPopAlomo(m): 6:50am On Oct 11, 2015
crispberry:

Delusion of the highest order...
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:51am On Oct 11, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 11, 2015
how do you know you have committed sin? is it not because you've attached doctrine to your conscience that if you do certain thing contrary to the doctrine you are a sinner? therefore, if you pray with genuineness and you have made up your mind that you will not do such thing again with genuine repentance and pure heart you will feel a burden offloaded from your heart. in short, ask God to forgive you and list those sins you will feel relieved within.
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 11, 2015
Jesus has paid the price if you are a follower of Christ your sins are forgiven once and for all. Your Spirit is perfected by his blood and you sit with Christ in the heavenly places. So when you sin in the flesh in as much as you are Sorry for your sins and you forgive others your sins are forgiven already without asking for forgiveness and that, Is Faith for you.

You have to drop Christianity and have a personal walk with Christ. Christ has done more than what Christianity will allows you to see.
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 11, 2015
elijah2u:
how do you know you have committed sin? is it not because you've attached doctrine to your conscience that if you do certain thing contrary to the doctrine you are a sinner? therefore, if you pray with genuineness and you have made up your mind that you will not do such thing again with genuine repentance and pure heart you will feel a burden offloaded from your heart. in short, ask God to forgive you and list those sins you will feel relieved within.
The problem is Christians have trade Faith for Religion,freedom for bondage,Truth for doctrines and Boldness for Fear.

As I journey in Faith and drop Christianity I became unconscious of sin. Christians are mean't to be unconscious of sin; they are dead to sin but Religion teaches them they should avoid what they are dead to,practical stupidity.
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 11, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The problem is Christians have trade Faith for Religion,freedom for bondage,Truth for doctrines and Boldness for Fear.

As I journey in Faith and drop Christianity I became unconscious of sin. Christians are mean't to be unconscious of sin; they are dead to sin but Religion teaches them they should avoid what they are dead to,practical stupidity.
you're right brother
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by johnydon22(m): 7:59am On Oct 11, 2015

This is one of the most dangerous ideas of religion i know.

It leaves the culpable begging their God for forgiveness instead of the people they actually offended.

why not beg the one you offended for forgiveness and not a deity.

A ridiculous idea that is devised to rid the culpable of their guilt and responsibility for their actions to the detriment of the victim rather gives them a sense of assurance even when the victim is still hurt.

Nobody needs the forgiveness from grudge bearing Gods or angry deities that is so punny as to be concerned as who someone sleeps with or not.

We only need forgiveness from ourselves and one another...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by johnydon22(m): 8:02am On Oct 11, 2015
crispberry:

Even the idea of torturing and killing another to forgive another is bad in itself so who exactly needs to be forgiven for that act of savagery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by Rukkydelta(f): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2015
Will comment later
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 11, 2015
by sweating,when you sweat,God has answered your prayer
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by Goshen360(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2015
agarawu23:

We were taught God has the power of forgiving us our sins, how are we sure the last prayer we did begging God for forgiveness were accepted?

Anytime i pray and ask God for forgiveness, i begin to wonder if God has truly cancelled my old sins embarassed

Is there a special way to ask God for forgiveness that will give us assurance that He has forgiven us?

What are the signs?

I think it's quite simple:

1 - Whatsoever you pray for, BELIEVE! You can't be praying for something and then you doubting the very essence or reason for you praying.

2. You will or should have PEACE in your mind. Romans 5:1. To be justified means, as though it never happened. Then, peace will follow.

3 - If #2 above doesn't follow, perhaps, you're judging and\or condemning yourself and still holding guilt against yourself which doesn't mean forgiveness has not taken place. Romans 8:33 is your best scripture here.
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by menesheh(m): 9:42am On Oct 11, 2015
agarawu23:

What are the signs?

Very important question.

The best possible answer is that it is an assertion.
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by Shollyps(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2015
you don't need to ask God for forgiveness.... apologize to the person you offend and move on

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:06am On Oct 11, 2015
*Spread Mat*
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by loomer: 10:11am On Oct 11, 2015
Holalacious
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by agarawu23(m): 10:40am On Oct 11, 2015
menesheh:

Very important question.

The best possible answer is that it is an assertion.
hmmmmm
Re: How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2015
The only way is for you to change and not look for cheat codes. Have humans forgiven Yahweh for planting the fruit of good and evil ? god( if he/it exists need to ask humans for forgiveness for manipulating them.

(1) (Reply)

Be Sober, Be Vigilant (Picture) / Joel Osteen, An American False Prophet, Attacks Paul, Support Homosexuals / But Its In The Old Testament !!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.