Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

What Cuases Blisters On The Lips-its Urgent - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Cuases Blisters On The Lips-its Urgent (966 Views)

Lipstick Left Woman With Swollen Lips - Lady Claims (Graphic Photos) / Tongue Blisters / Mouth Swab As A Method Of Testing For DNA ( Pls Its Urgent ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Cuases Blisters On The Lips-its Urgent by ikmoore2(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2009
As a young Lab. Attandent, somebody came to me to find out what cuases him Blisters on his lip.

to tell u the truth i dont know but i faked busy and asked him to come back.

pls i need ur advise and response cos nobody is the custodian of Knowledge

pls respond fast.

thanking u all.
Re: What Cuases Blisters On The Lips-its Urgent by tpiah: 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2009
he should see a doctor if he thinks he picked up an STD.

If its just a regular cold sore then are cold sore medications sold over the counter at most chemists, I should think.

Orajel is a good one- dont know if its in Nigeria.

Is it a blister or a sore (thrush).

What causes cold sores?

The herpes simplex virus usually enters the body through a break in the skin around or inside the mouth. It is usually spread when a person touches a cold sore or touches infected fluid-such as from sharing eating utensils or razors, kissing an infected person, or touching that person's saliva.

How can you prevent cold sores?

There are some things you can do to keep from getting the herpes simplex virus.

Avoid coming into contact with infected body fluids, such as kissing an infected person.

Avoid sharing eating utensils, drinking cups, or other items that a person with a cold sore may have used.

After you have been infected with the virus, there is no sure way to prevent more cold sores. But there are some things you can do to reduce your number of outbreaks and prevent spreading the virus.

Avoid the things that trigger your cold sores, such as stress and colds or the flu.

Always use lip balm and sunscreen on your face. Too much sunlight can cause cold sores to flare.

Avoid sharing towels, razors, silverware, toothbrushes, or other objects that a person with a cold sore may have used.

When you have a cold sore, make sure to wash your hands often, and try not to touch your sore. This can help keep you from spreading the virus to your eyes or genital area or to other people.

Talk to your doctor if you get cold sores often. You may be able to take prescription pills to prevent cold sore outbreaks

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/cold-sores-topic-overview?page=2

(1) (Reply)

Guys A Brother Is In Deep Pain! / Na Wetin U Go Do If Ur Babe Threaten To Dump U Wen U No Gree Kiss Her Smely Mout / Sweat Alot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.