Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:51 PM

Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, (8193 Views)

Images That Perfectly Describe Living In Abuja!!!! / Easiest Western Country To Visit With Virgin Passport. / Are They Tired Or Lazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by justwise(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
wahabian:
"Africa is bad","Africa is this ","Africa is that", What have you done about it? No matter where you run to - it will never be your home,they will never accept you and you'll always face racism.

I still stand by my word, Africa rewards hard work. If you want me to give you examples I will.

Finally,quit discouraging people who are willing to relocate. White people live here and they never complain. What is your own sef?

Africa reward thieves and look down on honest hard working people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
justwise:

Africa reward thieves and look down on honest hard working people.
If you want success you'll find a way,if not you'll find an excuse.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by justwise(m): 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
wahabian:

If you want success you'll find a way, if not you'll find an excuse.

Yes steal from public purse and bank it in the west.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
justwise:

Yes steal from public purse and bank it in the west.

Every successful person in Africa stole? They don't steal in the west too?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by pansophist(m): 11:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
angiography:

Your ignorance is bewildering. Re-read my post and you will see I used Nigeria as a reference.

I will ignore the ad hominem, but here is a re-quote of your statement.

angiography:

Africa is bad...no need to window-shop...

This is a definitive statement, its not vague in its inherent structure. If you would say ''many/most countries in Africa is bad'', you might have a point.

Using Nigeria as a reference doesnt erode it. Africa is not bad, it only depends on the corner of the fence you are standing. There are countries in Africa far better than countries in Europe.
Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by pansophist(m): 11:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
ATERI:
For a human being to be happy in life at least 3 things must be present, namely we must love the job we do, be in loving relationship as well as be close to friends and family. Once these have been achieved be reluctant to upset the equilibrium because it might be downhill from there

Endorsed cool

1 Like

Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by angiography(m): 1:42am On Nov 12, 2015
pansophist:

I will ignore the ad hominem, but here is a re-quote of your statement.

This is a definitive statement, its not vague in its inherent structure. If you would say ''many/most countries in Africa is bad'', you might have a point.

Using Nigeria as a reference doesnt erode it. Africa is not bad, it only depends on the corner of the fence you are standing. There are countries in Africa far better than countries in Europe.

Lol...kindly quote me the countries in Europe that re worse than African's. Even Romania is better than south Africa. Ain't gonna argue with u again tho...google is ur friend.

Apparently, there ain't any logic in ur argument. I posted figure, ure saying fallacies...quote the country the country with the highest GDP and compare it with the worst of Europe; Romania, Lithuania, Slovakia et al
Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by davidif: 3:44am On Jan 22, 2016
Interesting thread.
Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by davidif: 4:48am On Jan 22, 2016
wahabian:
"Africa is bad","Africa is this ","Africa is that", What have you done about it? No matter where you run to - it will never be your home,they will never accept you and you'll always face racism.

I still stand by my word,Africa rewards hard work. If you want me to give you examples I will.

Finally,quit discouraging people who are willing to relocate. White people live here and they never complain. What is your own sef?

What?!?! White people living in Nigeria and not complaining? First of all, th fact they dont complain to you does not mean they are not complaining to someone else.
In fact, i have read some blogs from Westerners who lived in Nigeria and boy oh boy what they have to say about Naija is truly humbling and shows how far we still have to go.
Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by falopey: 9:45am On Jan 22, 2016
Miami11:
I came to the states to study, years later I extended my stay

Got married have young kids, but the urge to go back to Africa is daunting( I don't come from Nigeria but one of the African countries)

I went home for vacation and couldn't help the feel that I had lost a part of my life my dreams and my desires, lost relatives, missed part of my siblings growing up, missed the weather and such.
I have a feeling that

Staying back in Africa and impacting lives is worthwhile than enjoying the convenience of amenities down here.( I'm finishing a second degree and am ready to go) hubby is not on board with such, but he is willing to let me go try the experience.

To me over ten years in this country is overdue, I don't really enjoy all the drive through and other amenities in the west.

On all my visits to my country I have not had problems staying in a remote village trekking places and such. I like the exposure, experience and education I have had overseas, but I think making overseas my permanent home is futile.

Anyone ever felt such a strong desire to go back home?

I'm sorry for you. You think the Nigeria you left then is the same Nigeria you are coming to meet. I'm not taking in terms of your village but rather Nigeria as a whole. After you have queued for fuel a whole day without getting a drop of it, your sense go change.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, by Midex88(m): 6:27am On Jun 15, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Study In Lithuania / Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu / NIS Discovers 144 Illegal Border Entry Points Into Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.