Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,258 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! (1332 Views)

Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming / Airtel Introduces The New Time Based Unlimited Data Plan For Every Device / Time Based Bundles From Airtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by TheObserver(m): 6:43am On Oct 12, 2015
I activated the 1 hour data bundle on my airtel sim and immediately, my credit was deducted. The funny thing thing was that the internet indicator on my phone dissapeared immediately!
I have been browsing with this same sim and have never experienced such before. Immediately!! And the one hour went by like that. I couldn't use 1kilobyte of the bundle. Airtel, I am dissapointed. I checked my phone later in the day and saw that the internet was back. Why are we like this in this country Please people, don't fall for it! These people are scammers.

1 Like

Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by solid3(m): 6:46am On Oct 12, 2015
Airtel has always been a scam when it comes to Internet.

Once u hear Airtel & next u hear Internet, u run as fast as u can away, it's a waste of time, money & energy.

1 Like

Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by jaymichael(m): 7:29am On Oct 12, 2015
TheObserver:
I activated the 1 hour data bundle on my airtel sim and immediately, my credit was deducted. The funny thing thing was that the internet indicator on my phone dissapeared immediately!
I have been browsing with this same sim and have never experienced such before. Immediately!! And the one hour went by like that. I couldn't use 1kilobyte of the bundle. Airtel, I am dissapointed. I checked my phone later in the day and saw that the internet was back. Why are we like this in this country Please people, don't fall for it! These people are scammers.
You should have restarted your phone. But If you hear airtel and internet, just run. Even if they give me free mb I no dey use am.

1 Like

Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by TheObserver(m): 7:31am On Oct 12, 2015
jaymichael:
You should have restarted your phone. But If you hear airtel and internet, just run. Even if they give me free mb I no dey use am.
I did. 3 times but nothing!
Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by benega: 7:41am On Oct 12, 2015
Airtel = THIEVES

1 Like

Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by jaymichael(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2015
TheObserver:
I did. 3 times but nothing!
This is a very bad one from Airtel.
Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by abdulaz: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2015
Indeed airtel na big scam, I did the 1500 naira for 3gig to use on my pc, any time I try to connect through 3G or wcdma it will refuse to connect but when on edge it will connect.
I don't seem to understand this trick that airtel is trying to perform on me, how can I be using edge to browse on a laptop. Naija I hail, I rest my case.
Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by Glowstone(m): 10:29am On Oct 12, 2015
lmao
what were u expecting, like say u no dey this town

1 Like

Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by abdulaz: 10:38am On Oct 12, 2015
I was using mtn in school before, I travelled home for break where mtn network is poor, no 3G connection, same for glo, I had no other option than to subscribe to airtel as they are the only network with strong 3G, but I was shocked with what I experienced.

1 Like

Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by W3xy1(m): 11:11am On Oct 12, 2015
mine stop after 10mins and i sub for 30mins
Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by Whizpeter(m): 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
Lol... I already relegated my Airtel sim to my wallet... Its only useful cos I used it to register my bank accounts, it used to be my main line when it was still Zain, but since Airtel took over, I no just understand them again!
Re: The New Airtel Time Based Data Bundle Is A SCAM!!!!!!! by Hadunny(f): 10:44am On Oct 13, 2015
Apologies on your experience. Kindly tweet at their Twitter handle @airtel_care or on their facebook page at Airtel Nigeria for assistance. Am sure you will be assisted on this.

(1) (Reply)

New Tecno 8H (5100mah) For Sell Or Swap With Inifnix Hot S, Hot 4,note 2 Or Hot3 / Gionee M3mini A Year Later / My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.