Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,621 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) (14057 Views)

'we Rape For Fun' - Naval Officer, Twin Brothers Arrested For Robbery Says / Police Assault And Detain US Returnee And Her Baby (picture) / LAUTECH Robbery And Rape Suspects Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 6:01pm On May 28, 2016
fratermathy:

I never claimed to be an authority as you have done! No one is an authority in any field until he/she has a PhD + several years of research and academic outputs on a minute area of a particular discipline. Drawing from the above, I am no authority. However, none of my points above is in anyway harmful or detrimental to anyone. I am not shoving them into anyone as well. It's a choice whether to follow them or not!
I can't do much for victims out there but I can give them hope that they can regain their lives, especially for those that are traumatised!

If you think what I'm doing is wrong then that's your opinion! In any case, your analogy isn't relevant to the issue on board.

You've never worked with or helped a rape victim but yet you know so much. Smh. I guarantee a lot of knuckle heads out there will....................You know what? Nigerians deserve all they have.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by fratermathy(m): 6:04pm On May 28, 2016
banmee:

You've never worked with or helped a rape victim but yet you know so much. Smh. I guarantee a lot of knuckle heads out there will....................You know what? Nigerians deserve all they have.

Do you need to be a politician or work with politicians to know about politics?

I'm an avid reader and writer as substantiated from my myriads of thematically divergent posts on nairaland. I do not need anyone's permission or approval to do what is right! Thanks for trolling by though.
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by pamcode(m): 6:07pm On May 28, 2016
After a long while this made fp still it hasnt even passed a page.
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 6:09pm On May 28, 2016
fratermathy:

Do you need to be a politician or work with politicians to know about politics?

I'm an avid reader and writer as substantiated from my myriads of thematically divergent posts on nairaland. I do not need anyone's permission or approval to do what is right! Thanks for trolling by though.

That is just the dumbest i've ever heard. It's just like saying "do you need to be a doctor to work with a doctor". Just because you work in a hospital does not make you a doctor.
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by nonjebose(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2016
addikt:
I don sleep wake 4 times on top this thread ...make I put my legs inside bucket of water so I no go sleep again. I'm away to buy candle now , ALL NIGHT READING ...see you guys later sad
Lwkmd untop this your sleep. Oya, take cellotape hold your eyes

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by fratermathy(m): 6:31pm On May 28, 2016
banmee:

That is just the dumbest i've ever heard. It's just like saying "do you need to be a doctor to work with a doctor". Just because you work in a hospital does not make you a doctor.

Then again, that does not mean you cannot help patients when need arises. No knowledge is wasted.

Please kindly just move on from this thread. Your inputs are not positive nor progressive. If you have something good to say, then say it and help people since you know those who know nothing. grin If otherwise, please move on...There is no shame in that.
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2016
fratermathy:

Then again, that does not mean you cannot help patients when need arises. No knowledge is wasted.

Please kindly just move on from this thread. Your inputs are not positive nor progressive. If you have something good to say, then say it and help people since you know those who know nothing. grin If otherwise, please move on...There is no shame in that.

Can you imagine a hospital janitor saying that? So if one says that to you, you'd be like "yeah, fix my broken arm". Lol.....

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by fratermathy(m): 6:45pm On May 28, 2016
banmee:

Can you imagine a hospital janitor saying that? So if one says that to you, you'd be like "yeah, fix my broken arm". Lol.....

Now that is pride and you know what they say about pride....

A hospital janitor that tells someone that his pain is muscular and that the person needs orphenadrine citrate to lesson the pain until a doctor comes will be interesting to me. However it remains the burden of the person to take the drug or not and in any case, the janitor has harmed no one. My mother is no doctor but has knowledge of almost all ailments and drugs due to avid reading and experience. She administers home remedies with her knowledge as a first aid before going to the doctor. So except pride has swallowed you so much that you believe knowledge is a rarity entrusted only upon a few, you have no point!

Yet again, your analogy is outwardly and irrelevant.
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 6:52pm On May 28, 2016
fratermathy:

Now that is pride and you know what they say about pride....

A hospital janitor that tells someone that his pain is muscular and that the person needs orphenadrine citrate to lesson the pain until a doctor comes will be interesting to me. However it remains the burden of the person to take the drug or not and in any case, the janitor has harmed no one. My mother is no doctor but has knowledge of almost all ailments and drugs due to avid reading and experience. She administers home remedies with her knowledge as a first aid before going to the doctor. So except pride has swallowed you so much that you believe knowledge is a rarity entrusted only upon a few, you have no point!

Yet again, your analogy is outwardly and irrelevant.

Are you phucking kidding me? A janitor prescribing medication is a criminal offence in a normal society. Come and do that shiit over here. Please I beg you. This is the whole point of this conversation. People who are not qualified to talk on an issue give ridiculous advice to others which can be potentially life threatening. You call it pride. I call it being smart and informed.

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by doskie(m): 7:08pm On May 28, 2016
fratermathy:

Seriously? shocked

Male rape is usually not seen as a serious affair. But seriously, if a man is "actually" raped by women up to the point where he doesn't even feel himself again and he starts ejaculating blood, it becomes as serious or even worse than female rape.

Rape knows no gender. Say no to sexual assault in all its forms!!!
I go kill her na. Shuoo?
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by fratermathy(m): 7:13pm On May 28, 2016
banmee:

Are you phucking kidding me? A janitor prescribing medication is a criminal offence in a normal society. Come and do that shiit over here. Please I beg you. This is the whole point of this conversation. People who are not qualified to talk on an issue give ridiculous advice to others which can be potentially life threatening. You call it pride. I call it being smart and informed.

It's a crime in your opinion, for people with the knowledge to recommend OTC medications?
Anyway, that's not the point of this thread.

Advising victims of sexual assault on how to pick up their lives is not comparable to your farfetched analogy. Secondly, there is no authority needed for advising people on subjective issues such as this. It's not as if a drug has been prescribed or some farfetched principle given.

Semper fi!
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 7:17pm On May 28, 2016
fratermathy:

It's a crime in your opinion, for people with the knowledge to recommend OTC medications?
Anyway, that's not the point of this thread.

Advising victims of sexual assault on how to pick up their lives is not comparable to your farfetched analogy. Secondly, there is no authority needed for advising people on subjective issues such as this. It's not as if a drug has been prescribed or some farfetched principle given.

Semper fi!

It is the point of the thread. And it not my opinion it is the law in normal societies. Advising people on life and death situations are for people trained in it. Not just because you read a book or you think that's how it should be.

Semper fi? As if you've earned the right to say that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 28, 2016
banmee:

It is the point of the thread. And it not my opinion it is the law in normal societies. Advising people on life and death situations are for people trained in it. Not just because you read a book or you think that's how it should be.

Semper fi? As if you've earned the right to say that.

Please sir, you are derailing from the purpose of this thread. If perhaps, you didn't quite agree with the op, all you've got to do is open a counter thread. I guess you are matured enough, behave like one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by professore(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2016
I like point 10 where it states victims should not be alone,but this time it should strictly be husband/mum/siblings or any member of the family as opposed to outsider (no outsider should be trusted once more),I also like point 11 which says dangerous objects should be taken away,nice post.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by faites(f): 9:07pm On May 28, 2016
HenryDion:

Please sir, you are derailing from the purpose of this thread. If perhaps, you didn't quite agree with the op, all you've got to do is open a counter thread. I guess you are matured enough, behave like one.

The guy is not de railing the thread, he is just trying to set the record straight.

It's high time we stop acting as professionals because we seem to have a little information at our disposal. That's why we have quacks all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 28, 2016
banmee:

if u live in Nigeria you'll know his points are very reasonable and relevant,everything he wrote up there is sensible....like who has the money to pay in order to talk to a psychologist , what works for people over there might not work for us here in Nigeria you know...... and besides God forbid if a guy rapes me the only way i can ever get over it is set him up to be raped by gay men shikena at least I got the justice I want
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by lepasharon(f): 10:11pm On May 28, 2016
It's people with the least knowledge that talk the most.

OP I know ur not an expert and this article is trash

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by MRBrownJ: 10:24pm On May 28, 2016
the 1st and most important issue in Nigeria is for victims to come forward so that these criminals can be punished for their evil crimes... sadly, the stigma and shame around rape in Africa have these women stay quiet, thus allowing these criminals to go free, and CONTINUE preying on women.

the %age of Nigerian women who have been raped (or went through an attempt) is so high due to this fact!

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 11:04pm On May 28, 2016
HenryDion:

I apologise. I forgot i was dealing with Nigerians. My bad.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 4:26am On May 29, 2016
esosa993:

if u live in Nigeria you'll know his points are very reasonable and relevant,everything he wrote up there is sensible....like who has the money to pay in order to talk to a psychologist , what works for people over there might not work for us here in Nigeria you know...... and besides God forbid if a guy rapes me the only way i can ever get over it is set him up to be raped by gay men shikena at least I got the justice I want

Same excuse people who engage in jungle justice use. "This is Nigeria. Who has time to go to the police station. Let's kill the suspect here and now". How do you fix shiit in that depraved country if you don't at least try to do things the way normal people do? You guys are gradually turning into beasts. According to you, your way of doing things is working well for nigeria. Ok. God help una.
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by Aries13(f): 6:33am On May 29, 2016
banmee:

I apologise. I forgot i was dealing with Nigerians. My bad.

It's not an apology if you are still being nasty "I forgot I was dealing with Nigerians" what are you trying to imply?

If you are an expert at this and have worked with rape victims in the past, if the OP said anything harmful, simply state it to protect others, but if the OP has not given wrong information that is harmful to anyone, then why are you trying to make the good work he/she did look bad?

If you honestly want to help and are not just interested in mere argument, create a thread on the topic so we can learn from your expertise and wealth of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 5:52pm On May 29, 2016
Aries13:

It's not an apology if you are still being nasty "I forgot I was dealing with Nigerians" what are you trying to imply?

If you are an expert at this and have worked with rape victims in the past, if the OP said anything harmful, simply state it to protect others, but if the OP has not given wrong information that is harmful to anyone, then why are you trying to make the good work he/she did look bad?

If you honestly want to help and are not just interested in mere argument, create a thread on the topic so we can learn from your expertise and wealth of knowledge.

Good works indeed. If a monkey puts on a lab coat and tells you it is a doctor, I guarantee you'd believe. You are part of the reasons quacks are so prominent in Nigeria. An average Nigerian is mentally deprived of the nutrient of exposure and information. God help una.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by Aries13(f): 8:07am On May 31, 2016
banmee:

Good works indeed. If a monkey puts on a lab coat and tells you it is a doctor, I guarantee you'd believe. You are part of the reasons quacks are so prominent in Nigeria. An average Nigerian is mentally deprived of the nutrient of exposure and information. God help una.

Did the OP claim to be an authority? This person only gave advice that anyone is free to accept or refuse. But you obviously do not understand that because you have an overstated and misguided opinion of yourself when you are actually just plain stupid and dumb, and mentally deprived of logical reasoning. For a minute I thought I was talking to somebody that had sense. Mtschewwww, my mistake.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 10:36am On May 31, 2016
Aries13:

Did the OP claim to be an authority? This person only gave advice that anyone is free to accept or refuse. But you obviously do not understand that because you have an overstated and misguided opinion of yourself when you are actually just plain stupid and dumb, and mentally deprived of logical reasoning. For a minute I thought I was talking to somebody that had sense. Mtschewwww, my mistake.

That's the whole point you ape. People who are not authorities on life and death matters should not be giving advice on it. Would you take a the advice of a brick layer on high blood pressure?
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by fratermathy(m): 11:01am On May 31, 2016
banmee:

That's the whole point you ape. People who are not authorities on life and death matters should not be giving advice on it. Would you take a the advice of a brick layer on high blood pressure?

Mr. Banmee, please get a life and mind your own damn business! No victim here is complaining of wrong advice. Why are you obsessed with this? Have you been raped before? Well, I understand your agony. You must probably be one of those quack unpaid psychologists looking for means to vent out their frustrations on their perceived business enemies.

No biggies. You've proven your point. Now get the f*ck off my thread! Bye...
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 11:05am On May 31, 2016
fratermathy:

Mr. Banmee, please get a life and mind your own damn business! No victim here is complaining of wrong advice. Why are you obsessed with this? Have you been raped before? Well, I understand your agony. You must probably be one of those quack unpaid psychologists looking for means to vent out their frustrations on their perceived business enemies.

No biggies. You've proven your point. Now get the f*ck off my thread! Bye...

Oh really? No victim is complaining. And would you or any of the so called victim know what to complain about you jackass? Every time i comment on NL, it's like i'm lecturing children. You guys don't know what the phuck you are doing and you are so blissful in your ignorance. No wonder quacks rule in that fracking country.
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by fratermathy(m): 11:27am On May 31, 2016
banmee:

Oh really? No victim is complaining. And would you or any of the so called victim know what to complain about you jackass? Every time i comment on NL, it's like i'm lecturing children. You guys don't know what the phuck you are doing and you are so blissful in your ignorance. No wonder quacks rule in that fracking country.

Yes we've heard you. The point has been made. Now back off Jacky! Holier than thou!
If you are so important and too big, try leaving nairaland. It's easy. Just deactivate your account and continue trolling Facebook like a miser that you are.

Even in the USA, people understand the importance of not what said but how said. Now bugger off my mention before you actually get banned!
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 11:47am On May 31, 2016
fratermathy:

Yes we've heard you. The point has been made. Now back off Jacky! Holier than thou!
If you are so important and too big, try leaving nairaland. It's easy. Just deactivate your account and continue trolling Facebook like a miser that you are.

Even in the USA, people understand the importance of not what said but how said. Now bugger off my mention before you actually get banned!

Now your are just rambling. Sad.
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by fratermathy(m): 11:55am On May 31, 2016
banmee:

Now your are just rambling. Sad.

Like you have been doing your whole life. It takes a professional rambler to notice a one off rambling spree.

Since you have realised the utter uselessness of your biased idiocy, I bid you farewell.
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 12:49pm On May 31, 2016
fratermathy:

Like you have been doing your whole life. It takes a professional rambler to notice a one off rambling spree.

Since you have realised the utter uselessness of your biased idiocy, I bid you farewell.

I got a suggestion for you. How about you read a book and give us suggestions on how to cure cancer. That's all it takes with you people.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by fratermathy(m): 1:28pm On May 31, 2016
banmee:

I got a suggestion for you. How about you read a book and give us suggestions on how to cure cancer. That's all it takes with you people.

Oh yea! I'd keep that in mind. For one I do know that cancerous cells can be cured without affecting the body adversely. We only need to find out what exactly can do that and the answer lies in herbs! There are so many plants with positive health effects that humans have not discovered. Now that you've mentioned it, I'd do some research and post a thread on how to contain cancer as well as possible herbal suggestions for scientific research purposes.

My point?
I can do ANYTHING I WANT! It's a FREE WORLD. If you don't like it, commit suicide!
Re: How To Deal With Sexual Assault And Rape (for Victim And Their Partners/family) by banmee(m): 2:35pm On May 31, 2016
fratermathy:

Oh yea! I'd keep that in mind. For one I do know that cancerous cells can be cured without affecting the body adversely. We only need to find out what exactly can do that and the answer lies in herbs! There are so many plants with positive health effects that humans have not discovered. Now that you've mentioned it, I'd do some research and post a thread on how to contain cancer as well as possible herbal suggestions for scientific research purposes.

My point?
I can do ANYTHING I WANT! It's a FREE WORLD. If you don't like it, commit suicide!

Lol. He doesn't get it. After you're done with that, do one on how we can achieve faster than light travel to mars. Make it entertaining.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Should Not Stop Your Car Asking For Tinted Permit / 3 Transformer Vandals Caught In Calabar (pics) / A Female Unical Student Raped In Male Hostel (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.