Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake. Up Nigerian Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake. Up Nigerian Youths (506 Views)

Buhari’s Statement On Aisha Is A Wake Up Call For Women – Senator Olujimi / Where Did We Go Wrong ? Wake Up Nigerian Youths-wole Soyinka / Prof. Wole Soyinka Says, 'where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake. Up Nigerian Youths by midetinz(m): 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
Awolowo(37)Akintola(36). Ahmadu Bello(36),Balewa34,Okotie Eboh(27) led the struggle.................................

I'm usually lost in thought,whenever I see this write up recirculated to serve as motivation for the present youth of the country. Though I can't completely ostracize the youths on this,i think the youths are unjustly blackmailed. Comparing the effect of paracetamol on the aching body to that of diclofenac is not only a medical flaw but also a great imbalance to the molecules in question.
I'm old enough to not only hear the story but also had a feel of what life and living in Nigeria used to be as compared to the present. It's purely a case of a watered weed in a fertile farm compared to a weed growing through perfectly interlocked tile. Like in 7up, the difference is clear
Truancy,thuggery hooliganism e.t.c brought the likes of. Oyenusi and shina Rambo to the lime light but what stood firmly upright then was systemic functionality and outstanding morality which was quite cheap to come by. As far back as Adam, kids disobey parents,there was armed robbery likewise prostitution but were all low profiled,strongly condemned and antagonized by continuous morality and hence people in such acts are like aliens. I'm not trying to justify immorality but an enabling environment will always aid a better outcome @alltimes. Some of us @27 are more environmentally conscious than our founding heroes but what brought out the best in them was the enabling environment and a system that works. Where University students don't have to "hustle" to feed. And job options were available for ALL grades.
Our founding fathers did the best they could but doubt if they ever imagined a Nigeria of more than 170million population. Our generation occupies a subset of the "fault" equation but the projection of the "then" generation was not astronomical enough as obvious in our constitution and road networks.
The Nigeria of now is not entirely our fault but a case of "the gods are to be blamed" or NOT

KAYBEE.

1 Like

Re: Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake. Up Nigerian Youths by nicerichard05: 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
seriously this got me thinking. we are really sleeping and this elders are taking us for granted.
Re: Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake. Up Nigerian Youths by teadrake(m): 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
We Nigerian youths are on sabbatical or let me say,we've been relegated by the old folks,I pray we gain promotion back to top flight chap chap

(1) (Reply)

Ministers From The South-west: The Kill Or Maim Him Syndrome / I Am Happy With Ministerial List – Atiku / Biafra: Let's Discuss About This Map

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.