Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,161 members, 7,835,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report (533 Views)

Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks / Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard / Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report by adioolayi(m): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday demanded explanation
from the Auditor- General of the Federation, Samuel Ukura, on
why $5 million released for Lake Chad study was not captured in
an environmental audit report on the drying lake.
The report was presented to the President at the Council
Chamber of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Monday.
According to him, the $5 million was released for the study on
how to divert rivers from the Central Africa Republic to the drying
Lake Chad.
Speaking during the presentation of the report, Buhari said: “I
have to digress here based on personal knowledge of this. I saw
an article in the journal of National Geographic in 1978 that a
professor in the University of London in 1925 has foreseen what
we are just seeing.
“I handed over the article to Gen. Obasanjo and I understand that
Gen. Obasanjo took the initiative sometimes ago, it is on record
that he is the only Nigerian that has presided over the country for
more than 11 years.
“He gave $5 million to the study, and the study was that unless
some of the rivers from the Central Africa Republic are diverted
to empty into Chad Basin, Lake Chad will dry up.
“I understand that this report which was sponsored by Nigeria
has been submitted. I am a bit disappointed that in the speech of
the Auditor-General, there was no mention of this report and
whether my own report was correct: that $5 million was given.
“One of the recommendations was that at the time the report was
submitted, the cost of diverting one of the rivers to empty into
Lake Chad would be between $13 billion and $15 billion.
“I will like the Auditor-General to comment on this, whether they
have received this report or the Ministry of Water Resources. I
think this government will like to see this report and see how we
can ask our foreign friends on how they can help us.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-queries-non-inclusion-of-5m-in-lake-chads-report/
Re: Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
It
Re: Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report by Lamasta(m): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
k
Re: Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report by IAMTHEHERO: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
Please, somebody should help me and check what Tinubu gave Buhari in geography in that certificate they presented to Inec.l know Tinubu gave him F9 in maths and economics but geography??
Re: Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report by adioolayi(m): 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
You can say PMB is old to rule...here, he has proved that experience matters a lot...bringing back memories of project done long ago..and asking Accoutatant General of the Federation who peradventure doesn't have idea of the project to give explanation.. grin
They must account for the $5m by fire by force grin
Sai baba

lalasticlala where are you..please come
Re: Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report by dustmalik: 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
Finally, we have a President.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report by wachakuta(m): 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
M people rejoice Co's at last we ve a presido!!

Sai Baba

Dat money most come out by fire by force

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
Obasanjo handed over to Yar'adua and then to Jonathan.

Jonathan must account for this grin
Re: Buhari Queries Non-inclusion Of $5m In Lake Chad’s Report by giantstrides(m): 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
5 million dollars wey don kaput since .

(1) (Reply)

Kachikwu Lied, Kaduna Refinery Cannot Receive Crude / C / Ell Buhari To Release Kanu Or.. -biafra Writes World Leaders Miss Petite Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.