Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks (26968 Views)

Abubakar Malami Attends His Son's Graduation Ceremony In Cyprus. PICS / Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans / Buhari Queries Minister For Diversion Of Funds (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by Super1Star: 4:06pm On May 08, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has asked the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, to respond to an allegation that he refused to recover N300 billion allegedly hidden in some Nigerian banks after his attention was drawn to the money by Dr George Uboh and his company, Panic Alert Security System (PASS) engaged by the minister to trace the money.
‎The president’s query followed two letters of complaint written against the AGF by Uboh and his company, PASS, accusing him of frustrating efforts to recover already identified funds.
In his response, Malami denied the allegation and pledged his commitment to recover all stolen money in line with the position of the Federal Government.
‎He also said that he revoked the mandate he gave to PASS and Uboh to recover the monies because Uboh went beyond the mandate given to him.
In his reply to the president through the office of the Chief of Staff, Alhaji Abba Kyari, dated 4th April, 2016 with Reference Number HAGF/SH/2016/Vol.1/20, the minister said the allegations levelled against him were unture and baseless.

Uboh had accused Malami of deliberately frustrating him his effort to recover over N300 billion his company, Panic Alert Security Systems (“PASS”) allegedly traced to some Nigerian banks.

‎The minister said, “In demonstration of my firm commitment to the recovery efforts of the government, I gave PASS a letter titled: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN dated 17th February, 2016, introducing PASS to the aforesaid banks/financial institutions.

“The aforesaid Letter of Engagement dated 9th February, 2016 and the subsequent Letter of Introduction dated 17th February, 2016 (“HAGF Letters”) were given to PASS on the firm understanding that PASS had already identified and/or traced specific FGN funds stashed/trapped in the aforementioned banks and that PASS would promptly embark on processes that would lead to actual recovery and remittance of the traced funds into the designated account of the FGN in line with the proposals submitted, presentations made and the terms contained in its letter of 9th February, 2016.”

FURTHER DETAILS LATER

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/08/buhari-queries-agf-for-failing-to-recover-n300bn-hidden-in-nigerian-banks/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by LRNZH(m): 4:09pm On May 08, 2016
PMB needs to be reviewing his ministers' performance every 6 months (or so) if he is not doing that already. It is not enough that they don't steal money.
They have to deliver on their respective sections of the CHANGE mandate given to them by Nigerians.

If Malami who is starting to become a controversial figure in PMB's cabinet is adjudged to be pandering to special interests in their pursuit to stem corrupt practices and recover stolen loot, then he should make way for a more trustworthy AGF.

This CHANGE cannot be compromised.

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by sunkoye: 4:10pm On May 08, 2016
Yeah. .....now they know that ineffectiveness can attract serious query. ....and u know wat it means wen u get query every tym.... cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by modath(f): 4:12pm On May 08, 2016
Dear Bubu,

If Malami isn't effective/ efficiently doing his Job, remove and replace him..

The time of "My governors,ministers, aides or political opponents" impeded me is dead and gone!!! Excuses nor dey ooo!! cool

BTW, That Malami should leave Kogi politics and face his job!!! So many yam eaters are walking around and thumping their noses at the law, not acceptable!!!

33 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by DropShot: 4:13pm On May 08, 2016
This is surely not a docile president nor an Ineffectual Buffoon.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by Super1Star: 4:15pm On May 08, 2016
Baba No Nonsense no get time for forming activity.

It is either you perform or ship out.

Sai Baba No Nonsense!!!!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by Bassee(m): 4:18pm On May 08, 2016
So, stolen monies are stashed in Nigerian banks? What happened to Switzerland, Dominica, The Caribbeans? I thought that's why Buhari has spent his first year touring space. Not like I believe their tales anyway, if they say there's 300 billion somewhere that's rightly FG'S and they need it to effect their "change", then by all means, they should recover.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by crownbryan(m): 4:18pm On May 08, 2016
And am yet to see the utilization of the stolen funds so far recovered and how its will be use to sustain and redirect the nation economy.

If those people ain't doing their jobs, remove them before they sabotage your government.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by ki02020(m): 4:20pm On May 08, 2016
GOD bless DR UBO. For that

Na lie the AGF was not ready to recover the money they want to negotiate for their own share of the money...guess that's one of the ways they want to get their 20million naira accomodation allowance PMB refused to give them

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by Babacele: 4:29pm On May 08, 2016
modath:
Dear Bubu,

If Malami isn't effective/ efficiently doing his Job, remove and replace him..

The time of "My governors,ministers, aides or political opponents" impeded me is dead and gone!!! Excuses nor dey ooo!! cool

BTW, That Malami should leave Kogi politics and face his job!!! So many yam eaters are walking around and thumping their noses at the law, not acceptable!!!
malami n Arase don tire me jor

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by mars123(m): 5:00pm On May 08, 2016
Naija don get president o grin

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 08, 2016
Banks should release our monies, dont know why such huge amount is stuck.

Apart from the mis-handling of Kogi politics, AGF has been professional in his recommendations. Let us assume that this one is a special case that requires interdepartmental input from CBN, Min Fin.

But searchlight should be beamed on his activities moving forward.

Sai Buhari...you are doing great.

Where is Andoaaka and Adoke sef? Jonathan sef cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by modath(f): 5:32pm On May 08, 2016
Babacele:
malami n Arase don tire me jor

Plus that Femi Adesina ... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by sukkot: 6:00pm On May 08, 2016
cheesy
Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by badblackman(m): 6:00pm On May 08, 2016
Who dey hide all tins money wet dem dey always recover self
Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by cold(m): 6:01pm On May 08, 2016
Hmm..the anorexic looking rètard desperately trying to look serious. We see right through your shenanigans. When you get serious i'll be the first to commend you.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 08, 2016
Buhari only wants to recover stolen money and spend it. I don't really know if he is focused on discovering alternative sources of revenue other than recovered stolen money and oil money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by oshe11: 6:01pm On May 08, 2016
u dnt say!
Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by tunapawizzy: 6:02pm On May 08, 2016
Now that's a president with balls

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by Flashh: 6:03pm On May 08, 2016
Hope we hear it has been refund?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by tbaba1234: 6:04pm On May 08, 2016
Who leaks internal memos to journalists? That is also a problem.

It is good to see ministers being queried for poor performance.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by SageTravels: 6:04pm On May 08, 2016
ik
Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by brightballer(m): 6:04pm On May 08, 2016
Sincerely, we are getting there!
Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by yjgm(m): 6:04pm On May 08, 2016
Baba in action. A no nonsense president we have.
Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by tbaba1234: 6:05pm On May 08, 2016
Ontarget:
Buhari only wants to recover money and spend it. I don't really know if he is focused on discovering alternative sources of revenue other than recovered stolen money and oil money.

Well, the solids mineral ministry recently advertised for bids to tap Nigeria's Bitumen so there are efforts to diversify, it seems.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by IVORY2009(m): 6:06pm On May 08, 2016
In Tinubu's voice corruption fighting back gradually gradually.....
Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by GWMI(m): 6:06pm On May 08, 2016
Buhari is an hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:09pm On May 08, 2016
Super1Star:
Baba No Nonsense no get time for forming activity.

It is either you perform or ship out.

Sai Baba No Nonsense!!!!
Exactly. There are enough lawyers in the cabinet to take over from Malami should there be a cabinet reshufflement.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by mrpayne(m): 6:09pm On May 08, 2016
Sack him alrdy and find another more trustworthy person. Although, if he was handed a bribe of #30B out of #300B, I personally will find it hard to resist!!! Lol.. As well as 98% of Nairalanders!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by peter1994(m): 6:10pm On May 08, 2016
Stolen funds every where hmm

Nigeria still has a long way to go, but I believe we will get there one day

I just finished watching a 2 hrs documentary on the History of Nigeria before independence till the time of late yar'adua.

Things use to be far worst those days, till the time of Obasanjo; Makes me wonder why people kept saying all sort of Ill things about him.

What I noticed was that every rule was either similar or worst than the former.

So my fellow Nigerians, lets not just write off this government n say "we're watching till 2019"

Lets just pray that things work out well, Afterall we're one Nigeria.

Godless Nigeria!!!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks by yinkus204(m): 6:11pm On May 08, 2016
Baba no go die unless to ba da arugbo carry go buhari we the good citizen dey ur back like zuma rock

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Convention: APC Governors, Leaders Fight To Finish / Police Attempting To Kill Dino Melaye With Tear Gas In His House – Ben Bruce / 2019 Election: "I Will Contest", Buhari Secretly Told El-Rufai- Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.