Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,558 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? (1528 Views)

Why Is Senator David Mark Always Silent In The 8th Senate? / Breaking News! Sen. Chimaroke Nnamani Wins at the tribunal / Remi Tinubu Finally Speaks At The 8th Senate, But What Exactly Did She Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by egift(m): 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
As the National Assembly Election Tribunal sitting in Enugu State has sacked Senator Gilbert Nnaji representing Enugu East District in favour of Chimaroke Nnamani of the PDC - Can he (Chimaroke) become the new Senate Minority Leader?

My understanding is that the post is reserved for the party with the least number of representatives in the House. If remotely possible, I did prefer he stick to his PDC and not decamp to either APC or PDP. That way Akpabio will not have any other reason to be speeding here and there - having accidents anyhow.

Cc: lalasticlala Omenka NgeneUkwenu OrlandoOwoh midolian efilefun ionsman tayebest modath Agarawu23 MizMyColi Mynd44 and others
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by Id4Jesus: 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
Yes, but he has to pass through Akpabio
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by 0nyegame(m): 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by modath(f): 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2015
Will it work?

There is an accord guy in HOR & he isn't minority leader or do they have to be more than one?

Wetin Constitution talk?
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by egift(m): 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
Id4Jesus:
Yes, but he has to pass through Akpabio

How? And he has what it takes to match Akpabio.
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by egift(m): 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
modath:

Will it work?

I don't know (since he is the only one elected in that party). lalasticlala move to headquarters so we know what the law says about this.
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
Chimaroke Nnamani is not yet a Senator let alone a senate minority leader!! He can only become a senator when the appeal court affirms the judgement of the tribunal!!! BTW the position of the senate minority leader is not vacant

1 Like

Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
With the new Senate rule however any new senator can hold principal position,however even if the appeal court affirms the tribunal ruling and Akpabio's position suddenly becomes vacant(simple imagination impossible in reality) the PDC alone cannot become minority leaader except he has the backing of the majority of PDP senators
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by Dannyset(m): 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
Unrecognised post.
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by inicyril(m): 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
That'd be more of a dream.
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by egift(m): 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:
With the new Senate rule however any new senator can hold principal position,however even if the appeal court affirms the tribunal ruling and Akpabio's position suddenly becomes vacant(simple imagination impossible in reality) the PDC alone cannot become minority leaader except he has the backing of the majority of PDP senators

1. Chimaroke will be Senator. This one happened in my backyard. Sullivan single-handedly muscled the outcome. People massively voted for Chimaroke (even in Nnaji's polling unit), just to spite him. Don't forget the protest and the teargassing of Nnamani himself. People were voting while PDP had the results they want.

2. I want to know if the Minority Leader's post is dependent on the Minority Party OR on the voting of other Senators? I was thinking the minory party are the ones to vote among themselves. Just like APC Senators had no say on the emergence of Akpabio.

3. With Akpabio emerging despite being a first-time, then the PDP have indirectly created a partway for him.

1 Like

Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by hardywaltz(m): 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
Lol
where did u et such a tale from...
Minority/(Majority)leader is squarely a party affair, therefore the leader of the opposition which means that, the Party with the Second largest member (PDP) should ideally produce the Minority Leader.
However if other Opposition parties have almost equal strength then they may need to form a coalition to produce Minority Leader.
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
egift:

1. Chimaroke will be Senator. This one happened in my backyard. Sullivan single-handedly muscled the outcome. People massively voted for Chimaroke (even in Nnaji's polling unit), just to spite him. Don't forget the protest and the teargassing of Nnamani himself. People were voting while PDP had the results they want.

2. I want to know if the Minority Leader's post is dependent on the Minority Party OR on the voting of other Senators? I was thinking the minory party are the ones to vote among themselves. Just like APC Senators had no say on the emergence of Akpabio.

3. With Akpabio emerging despite being a first-time, then the PDP have indirectly created a partway for him.
Until then!!! Btw even if chimaroke wins at the appeal court, the minority leader's seat would not be vacant!! The minority parties refers to other parties other than the majority. We had LP,APGA,in the last HOR yet Femi Gbajabiamila of the ACN became minority leader!!!
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by Id4Jesus: 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
egift:

How? And he has what it takes to match Akpabio.
Well, only time will tell
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by lawflec(m): 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2015
Your premise, I think, is wrong,. Its a common legislative knowledge that the party with the second highest vote becomes the leader of opposition (minority leader) that was why Awolowo became leader of opposition in 1960. When Npc nd Ncnc had coalition. He cant get any post safe for committee chairman. Thats good for democraxy. Up PDC
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by meforyou1(m): 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
PDP will produce minority leader. A party with only 1 member can be minority leader naa
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by Jman06(m): 10:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
Though I support PDP but I must say that the party goofed in Enugu state when they chooses Gil Nnaji over Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani as senator representing Enugu East senatorial zone.

Nwa Nnamani is a man of the people and Enugu East people and the entire Nkanu land are solidly behind him .

Chima, you are already there!

I jebe goooooooooooooo!
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by Xzevian(m): 10:44pm On Oct 12, 2015
hardywaltz:
Lol
where did u et such a tale from...
Minority leader squarely a party affair, therefore the leader of the opposition which means that, the Party with the Second largest member (PDP) should ideally produce the Minority Leader.
However if other Opposition parties have almost equal strength then they may need to form a coalition to produce Minority Leader.
you Gerrit man. thump up
Re: Can Chimaroke Nnamani Become Minority Leader In The 8th Senate? by Ddaji(m): 10:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
A day ibos make sense,I promise to quit Nairaland.In my life I never see a day dreamers like ibos.Do you thing GEJ and Uche scondus trust you.The highest office that opposition PDP and co can offer you is attack dog which your son metuh is doing perfectly well.House of reps and senate minority leaders are all SS,acting chairman is SS,chairman PDP membership revalidation (Raymond dekpson) is SS and the presidential ticket is zone to the North. Last week I was listening to Phone in program on PMB ministers, An IBO that is always criticism of PMB called just to confirm whether PMB will give minister of health to Christ ngege and minister of Power onu

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of On Going Ipob Protest In Porthacoury / Pro-biafra Protest Ground Aba - The Nation / Dumping Faleke As Audu’s Replacement, A Mistake — Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.