Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. (82404 Views)

BBNaija: Angel Opens Up On Behind Scene Activities / BBC Staff Caught Watching A Sex Scene During Live News Broadcast - See Video / TITANIC: More Facts, Rare Images And Behind The Scene. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by ilynem(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2015
TweetMajor:
This drafted reference took place in a ship where Tyrion met with Prince Aegon, this was before he (Tyrion) met Daenerys, he and the prince were playing a board game. This part in the book was completely exempted from the series (dont know why).
“Aye.” Tyrion moved his elephants. “And when the pisswater prince was safely dead, the
eunuch smuggled you across the narrow sea to his fat friend the cheesemonger, who hid you on a
poleboat and found an exile lord willing to call himself your father. It does make for a splendid story, and
the singers will make much of your escape once you take the Iron Throne … assuming that our fair
Daenerys takes you for her consort.”
“She will. She must.”
“Must?” Tyrion made a tsking sound. “That is not a word queens like to hear. You are her
perfect prince, agreed, bright and bold and comely as any maid could wish. Daenerys Targaryen is no
maid, however. She is the widow of a Dothraki khal, a mother of dragons and sacker of cities, Aegon the
Conqueror with teats. She may not prove as willing as you wish.” (Book 5:A Dance With Dragons pp255)
“But,” Prince Aegon said, “without Daenerys and her dragons, how could we hope to win?”
“You do not need to win,” Tyrion told him. “All you need to do is raise your banners, rally your
supporters, and hold, until Daenerys arrives to join her strength to yours.”
“You said she might not have me.”
“Perhaps I overstated. She may take pity on you when you come begging for her hand.” The
dwarf shrugged. “Do you want to wager your throne upon a woman’s whim? Go to Westeros, though …
ah, then you are a rebel, not a beggar. Bold, reckless, a true scion of House Targaryen, walking in the
footsteps of Aegon the Conqueror. A dragon.(pp 256)
“I told you, I know our little queen. Let her hear that her brother Rhaegar’s murdered son is still
alive, that this brave boy has raised the dragon standard of her forebears in Westeros once more, that
he is fighting a desperate war to avenge his father and reclaim the Iron Throne for House Targaryen,
hard-pressed on every side … and she will fly to your side as fast as wind and water can carry her. You
are the last of her line, and this Mother of Dragons, this Breaker of Chains, is above all a rescuer. The girl
who drowned the slaver cities in blood rather than leave strangers to their chains can scarcely abandon
her own brother’s son in his hour of peril. And when she reaches Westeros, and meets you for the first
time, you will meet as equals, man and woman, not queen and supplicant. How can she help but love
you then, I ask you?” Smiling, he seized his dragon, flew it across the board. “I hope Your Grace will
pardon me. Your king is trapped. Death in four.”(pp257)

this is to debunk the claim that there are only 3 Targayrien in the series, Varys is also a Targayrien you know
Aegon the conqueror with teats!!! Gosh I need to finish the books. But the fact is that Aegon might be a fake. Read about house blackfire and you will know why. And varys a targayrien? You take fan theories too seriously.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Abbycite(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2015
ilynem:

I watched every season of Spartacus. In fact I enjoyed it even more than you did. But watching game of thrones Is a whole different experience for me. That is when you will realize how crap Spartacus was. It just had cheap thrills of actions and vulgarity. It is not mentally challenging and cam be understood by a 10 year old. Yes! I say it again, it was a crap show.

No no no....Spartacus is a real story and crew tried their best to present the story to the best of their ability but GOT on the other is a fictional story, hence the numerous suspense. I can tell u this, if the 2 was to run on TV simultaneosly, most pple will drop GOT for Spartacus despite knowing the plot if the story b4 watching it....
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Ranchhoddas: 8:55am On Oct 15, 2015
emperio212:
do you know tyrion lannister is in fact a targeyren? the mad king impregnated tywin's wife wen he was the hand of the king that's the reason for the hate and d reason he doesn't want him to av casterly rock,same as Jon snow,Jon is d son of lyanna stark d sister of Ned she was also impregnated by rhaegar targayren(the last dragon) son of the mad king,Ned promised his sister to keep him safe b4 her death and d only way he cud do dat is to tell d world he fathered him in the war, so presently there are 3 targeyren and 3 dragons including khaleesi ;Ddo you know tyrion lannister is in fact a targeyren? the mad king impregnated tywin's wife wen he was the hand of the king that's the reason for the hate and d reason he doesn't want him to av casterly rock,same as Jon snow,Jon is d son of lyanna stark d sister of Ned she was also impregnated by rhaegar targayren(the last dragon) son of the mad king,Ned promised his sister to keep him safe b4 her death and d only way he cud do dat is to tell d world he fathered him in the war, so presently there are 3 targeyren and 3 dragons including khaleesi
which yeye fact? It's a fan theory nothing else.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by ilynem(m): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2015
TweetMajor:

Its not even the producers that are killing the characters, its the author of the book George R.R. Martin, he takes forever to finish a book. Heard hes not writing the next book installment alone, hes writing it along side two die hard fans and is speculated to be out next year february.
About Jon Snow definately not dead.
Yes. George Martin kills characters but you should notice there are people that are still alive in the books that the producers have killed off. People like jojen Reed and barristan selmy. Even mance rayder and stannis are still alive in the books. So it's save to say the producers are more blood tasty than George Martin himself.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by davids202(m): 8:57am On Oct 15, 2015
But can't a movie producer in nollywood just find his/her way to the making of the likes of this kind of movies and learn something? Just asking.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Ranchhoddas: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Hey no spoilers...Keep off! You must have read the book. The coming season would have been more interesting if only i didn't read this.
There are no spoilers.The books end where Jon Snow is stabbed.The guy is just theorizing.My theory is that the Lady Melisandre will wake him up.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Ranchhoddas: 9:07am On Oct 15, 2015
tayotemowo:
What killed watching the movie for me was that I read the book a while ago even before the series started coming out. After watching the first one I was kind of disappointed about the movie because most of the scenes didn't play out as the book did, I've not finished the book either because as at the time I read it the author wasn't done writing the book I'm not sure he has finished writing it till date any ways but I think anybody that reads novels well should read the books I have the soft copies anyone interested in them can contact me on whatsapp with 08030809934 I can send all the first four or five books but only if you'll read it because they really are interesting. Sorry I just found out that I can't send the books to whatsapp so better you just send me your email addresses on whatsapp then I will mail them to you. Sorry
Please send it to ####@gmail.com
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by ilynem(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2015
Abbycite:

No no no....Spartacus is a real story and crew tried their best to present the story to the best of their ability but GOT on the other is a fictional story, hence the numerous suspense. I can tell u this, if the 2 was to run on TV simultaneosly, most pple will drop GOT for Spartacus despite knowing the plot if the story b4 watching it....
You know the irony? Spartacus is a real life story based on real life events but greatly flawed. For instance, look at what those people survive? They fight bare chested in raging storms. Blood shared of epic proportions and they remain alive. But game of thrones, despite a fiction is sooooooo real. Forget the dragons and the magic for a moment and just focus on the politics in the series. The unpredictability and it highlights the fact that in real life, there no protagonist. See Robb stark winning every battle he fought, being called invincible only to be killed like a chicken in a wedding. Ned stark led Roberts rebellion with his friend Robert only to be killed by a 16 year old killed. Robert, despite his epic strength was killed by a boar. Jon survived the wildlings and the white walkers only to be killed by his own men. Game of thrones is head and shoulders above every show that's why it keeps breaking records of viewership. Comparing Spartacus is an insult.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 15, 2015
ilynem:

You know the irony? Spartacus is a real life story based on real life events but greatly flawed. For instance, look at what those people survive? They fight bare chested in raging storms. Blood shared of epic proportions and they remain alive. But game of thrones, despite a fiction is sooooooo real. Forget the dragons and the magic for a moment and just focus on the politics in the series. The unpredictability and it highlights the fact that in real life, there no protagonist. See Robb stark winning every battle he fought, being called invincible only to be killed like a chicken in a wedding. Ned stark led Roberts rebellion with his friend Robert only to be killed by a 16 year old killed. Robert, despite his epic strength was killed by a boar. Jon survived the wildlings and the white walkers only to be killed by his own men. Game of thrones is head and shoulders above every show that's why it keeps breaking records of viewership. Comparing Spartacus is an insult.

A VERY VERY VERY VERY BIG INSULT

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by IndianaJay: 9:34am On Oct 15, 2015
That Olly boy that betrayed John Snow needs to pay in Season 6.

Also.....Stannis is a son of a bitch for killing Shireen. (I love Shireen)

Happy for what happened to Cersei, she deserved the humiliation, even Jamie couldn't save her.

Poster..........we want to see pictures of Cersei, Shireen and The Dwarf pls.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Brainiacbbb(m): 9:48am On Oct 15, 2015
isaiah9:
I tell you, it's so annoying why always stark family. The one weh pain me pass na how dem kill lord stark as if that one no do.dem kill Jon snow for ending of season 5 my two favorite characters i give up
Na the death of Robb Stark, the young wolf pain me pass.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Brainiacbbb(m): 9:52am On Oct 15, 2015
tayotemowo:
What killed watching the movie for me was that I read the book a while ago even before the series started coming out. After watching the first one I was kind of disappointed about the movie because most of the scenes didn't play out as the book did, I've not finished the book either because as at the time I read it the author wasn't done writing the book I'm not sure he has finished writing it till date any ways but I think anybody that reads novels well should read the books I have the soft copies anyone interested in them can contact me on whatsapp with 08030809934 I can send all the first four or five books but only if you'll read it because they really are interesting. Sorry I just found out that I can't send the books to whatsapp so better you just send me your email addresses on whatsapp then I will mail them to you. Sorry
Please send it to ibrainiac.bbb@gmail.com. God Bless
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Brainiacbbb(m): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2015
ilynem:

It's not a dream. Jon snow actually dies. But notice the red witch is at the wall just when he dies? The red god can raise people from the dead and she will do that. Jon snow needs to die to be rid of his night watch vows. So in season six, his not going to be on the wall
Brilliant. he can finally become Jon Stark.

With Brandon Stark, maybe they can take the North Back.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Brainiacbbb(m): 10:00am On Oct 15, 2015
emperio212:
do you know tyrion lannister is in fact a targeyren? the mad king impregnated tywin's wife wen he was the hand of the king that's the reason for the hate and d reason he doesn't want him to av casterly rock,same as Jon snow,Jon is d son of lyanna stark d sister of Ned she was also impregnated by rhaegar targayren(the last dragon) son of the mad king,Ned promised his sister to keep him safe b4 her death and d only way he cud do dat is to tell d world he fathered him in the war, so presently there are 3 targeyren and 3 dragons including khaleesi ;Ddo you know tyrion lannister is in fact a targeyren? the mad king impregnated tywin's wife wen he was the hand of the king that's the reason for the hate and d reason he doesn't want him to av casterly rock,same as Jon snow,Jon is d son of lyanna stark d sister of Ned she was also impregnated by rhaegar targayren(the last dragon) son of the mad king,Ned promised his sister to keep him safe b4 her death and d only way he cud do dat is to tell d world he fathered him in the war, so presently there are 3 targeyren and 3 dragons including khaleesi
In the Novel?
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Brainiacbbb(m): 10:03am On Oct 15, 2015
ilynem:

If you go back to season 3, when a group of outlaws called the brotherhood without banners abducted Arya and her friends, there was a trial by combat between the Hound and their leader sir beric. The Hound killed sir beric but they had a prophet among them that prayed and beric came back alive. Those men serve the same god as the red witch and their god can bring people back from the dead. The only fault to my theory is that the red witch claimed she didn't have that power. But of course, it could be given to anyone. So let's hope.
maybe she can wake up Stannis baratheon too.

Someone has to drag that bastard kid out of the iron throne.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Seequadry(m): 10:15am On Oct 15, 2015
phidipe:
in fact i want to advice anybody that wish to study Computer Engineering or Computer Science to rather go for Animation and Digital Effect Technology considering the future of Nollywood and application of VFX later in next generation of Nollywood movies

will like to ask you some few questions on this.... hope you dont mind?
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by MissIndependent(f): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2015
Wow. Spoiler Alert though undecided still waiting for season 6.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by akbod02: 10:49am On Oct 15, 2015
What is Jon Snoe gfriends name, I missed her.. I felt pained when she died... And I can't forget her statement... "YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW"
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by SavageGarden(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2015
tayotemowo:
kehindeunuigbe@gmail.com, thanks bro..I need to bloody read the book so badly
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by mickeyenglish(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2015
tayotemowo:
...... please ooh!!! I I also need d books. ..... Senaikepooldis@yahoo.com
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by seiraries: 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
Go Leonardo!
Explorers:
11. The Opening Titles were inspired by Leonardo Da Vinci’s Drawings.

The credits feature an interactive map of Westeros and at each location, mechanisms and landmarks are revealed. The turning wheels and cogs are said to represent the struggle for power in each of the kingdoms and bear a distinct resemblance to Da Vinci’s famous plans for his many inventions.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by letsbet(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2015
Plus234:
is this movie on youtube ?
If you are on mobile phone, visit WWW.02tvseris.com to download.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Plus234(m): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
letsbet:

If you are on mobile phone, visit WWW.02tvseris.com to download.

am on pc
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by letsbet(m): 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
Plus234:

am on pc
u can check on PC too
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Koolking(m): 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
Quite fascinating facts
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by emperio212(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
Emperio212@gmail.com
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by fpeter(f): 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
Abbycite:

Not so my lord, Spartacus is a huge joke compared to GOT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by IndianaJay: 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2015
Brainiacbbb:
maybe she can wake up Stannis baratheon too.

Someone has to drag that bastard kid out of the iron throne.

I think Stannis Baratheon should remain dead.

He obviously lacks leadership skills, his desperation is his biggest problem.

The way he killed Princess Shireen his only child, because of that red bitch and her bloody sun God,

He never listens, he was told to wait........but no his desperation got the better of him.

It felt fantastic when he died.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by horlus(m): 3:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
tayotemowo:

I'd love to read the book. bighorlus@gmail.com
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by tayotemowo(m): 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
ifeanyipaschal9:

Serously I was amased when I heard that's the same question obama asked the producer the film(if john really dead) I watch a red capet event last month they interviewed john he said his coming back he said his 28 yrs now that he will be though with game of throne at 30. That was his exact words. So cheer up bro!

Even though I've not read any one after the death of Jon stark I was always of the opinion that that red lady with the king will bring him back to live because she has the power to do it and she needs him for her plans as well as the kings to work but then this is my guess the real interest I have is with Arya men that girl has trained so well to become an assasin so I'm thinking she may be the one to avenge all the Starks and their injuries and insults. But then the story goes on as to what happens to the girl is that Sasha with little-finger men you just can't guess what happens in a book where the author doesn't mind killing off the main characters.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by Emmyk(m): 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
menix:

No I was expecting something like that profile pix of urz..
Very funny cheesy cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones: Some Fascinating Facts, Behind The Scene Magics We Dont Know. by tolexy007(m): 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
doublewisdom:
What about Ricks the bastarrd?
Rick is not the bastard is John snow

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

BBNaija: Cee-C Restless As She Sees Tobi And Anto Sleep Together / Big Brother Naija 2018 Audition Overcrowded. Lady's Wig Yanked Off (Photos) / #bbnaija: First Photos Of Bambam Shortly After Her Eviction Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.