Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Ex-lcda Chairman Buys European Club - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-lcda Chairman Buys European Club (573 Views)

List Of Newly Elected LG & LCDA Chairmen And Vice Chairmen In Lagos / Amosun Attends Swearing In Of Ogun LG/LCDA Chairmen (Photos) / Support Hon Abolore Adebayo Ariyoh For Oriade Lcda Chairman 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-lcda Chairman Buys European Club by yemiprof(m): 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
Former Chairman of Ikosi Isheri Local Council Development Area, Kunle Soname at the weekend became the first Nigerian to own a top European football club after buying Portuguese second division side, Clube Desportivo Feirense.

Soname, who is also President of Nigeria National League (NNL) team, Remo Stars Football Club, Kunle Soname, secured 70 percent of the club, which last played in the Portuguese top-flight division in 2011.

According to a statement on the club’s website, “Last Friday we effected a transformation of our club through the sale of part of the capital to our new partners, Tavisstock Global Resource Ltd, led by Mr. Kunle Soname.

“We wish all the stakeholders the best and believe it will be a lasting partnership that would bring great sporting success to Clube Desportivo Feirense.”

Soname said the takeover would impact positively on both his two clubs and Nigerian Football, adding, “It is a great thing to have achieved this. My sincere gratitude to God and everyone involved in the take over process.

“Securing Clube Desportivo Feirense was the next step in the right direction for me. I love everything about the club: the organisation, the philosophy and the fans I have no intention of changing anything in the club because I am satisfied with their operations.

“Rather, I want to ensure the progress of the club through promotion to the Portuguese Primera division.

“Having been involved in Nigerian football over the years by running Remo Stars Football club, I felt it was time to further develop the team. It would also bring benefits for Nigerian football through players transfer, training for officials and administrators, who have proven they have what it takes to succeed in Europe.

“I still have my commitment to Remo Stars FC; it is the beginning of all I have achieved in football and I will keep improving the team to get it to the greatest heights.

Soname served as the executive Chairman of Ikosi Isheri LCDA, a small community in Kosofe Local governement area of Lagos from 2003 to 2011.

Source: http://greennews.ng/index.php/2015/10/12/ex-lcda-chairman-buys-european-club/

Re: Ex-lcda Chairman Buys European Club by hereiam: 10:33pm On Oct 12, 2015
hmmmmm ...ex lcda? is that how we have too.much money in govt? ohkay oh....nevertheless its a good one for naija footballers.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Maiduguri Hit By Multiple Explosions / Yoruba General Jailed For Cowardly Behaviour / ‘how Cabals Within The Presidency Allegedly Hijacked Buhari’s Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.