Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,141 members, 7,842,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? (1501 Views)

Zimbabwe Pastor Involved In Car Accident During Sex With School Girl / Some Things Involved When A Girl STARTS Revealing Her "Privacy" / Is It Advisable To Date A Fellow Course Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? by kayceek1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2006
Finding The Love Of Your Life:

Why do some individuals choose their "lifelong" partners so poorly? Because they have received almost no instruction about how to do it well. And how in the world are you supposed to make such a brilliant choice whien you have been "coached" so little?

So much of the coaching that does exist is outrageously superficial and ultimately destructive. For instance, a book I read examines the techniques of manipulation. You will learn how to manipulate others, and how to prevent others from manipulating you. It tells Women "the 20 places to look for a Man", how "criticisms can make him fall in love with you", and how to develop their own "sales pitch". This book claims to "guide you to the altar - regardless of your looks, your past, your age!"

Our society - specifically, television and the movie industry - teaches people to rely almost exclusively on their "natural instincts" when choosing a mate. But romantic feelings, those seemingly trustworthy emotions, offer almost nothing of substance when it comes to making a wise choice about a potential marriage partner. In fact, they frequently get in the way.

But here's the good news: Choosing a marriage partner successfully is a skill you can develop!

You can make a wise decision about the person you marry. Great marriages are possible if you select a great mate, and this selection is never the consequence of luck or laziness. It is the reward given to those who follow carefully formulated principles. If you know these principles up front and learn to practice them conscientiously, you can significantly increase the probability of having a great marriage. But if you count on luck and chance - or passion and romance - there is better than 50% probability that your marriage will be disappointing, if not excruciatingly painful,

In Nairaland forum on this topic, we will discuss 10 principles for choosing the right marriage partner and evaluate them one after the other. I sincerely encourage you to participate fully in this discussion so that together we will help each other build successful homes, to the admiration of the world at large.

See you soon guys,
Re: Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? by Gentlebabs(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2006
Yes, the skill involved is to make sure you prepare, financially, physically, emotionally and spiritually. More importantly, you should b disciplined enough to know the kind of person you desire.

Advisably, you jot down the qualities you desie in your suposed love, and go all out to find he/she who possese such qualities.
Re: Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? by dominobaby(f): 11:26pm On Oct 24, 2006
To me, the easiest way to do so is to seek THE ONE who made your better half!
Re: Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? by Seun(m): 8:09pm On Apr 07, 2007
Yes, I think I agree with the notion that mate selection requires skill. You have to know what to look for!
Re: Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? by JayBaby1(f): 9:03pm On Apr 07, 2007
yes - depends how long the man's prick is during elaborate coitus action.
Re: Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? by Dvampire(m): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2007
Jay_Baby:

yes - depends how long the man's prick is during elaborate coitus action.
now that's really gross.
Re: Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? by hotchic1(f): 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2007
Can you make a list of the skills involved.
Re: Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? by IBDat(m): 1:16pm On Apr 13, 2007
@ kaycee.k. - wetin u de smoke? since October u've posted this thing and u haven't been bk since! I beg hurry up and start with the No.1 principle jare!
Re: Is There Skill Involved In Mate Selection? by tpia5: 2:40am On Sep 04, 2011
In Nairaland forum on this topic, we will discuss 10 principles for choosing the right marriage partner and evaluate them one after the other

so where's the rest of the topic?

(1) (Reply)

My Girl Is Cheatin Me But Still I Found Myself Loving Her More & More Every Day / I Buy Her Credit But She Flashed Me To Call Her. Haba! / My Boyfrnd Does Not Treat Me The Way I Want.pls Wat Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.