Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,683 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo (2542 Views)

Trump To Sell Attack Planes To Nigeria For Boko Haram Fight / Nigeria “most Fractured” Now Than Any Time Since Civil War — Obasanjo / Soldiers Step Up Their Game:See Pics Of Some Ammunitions Use In Boko Haram Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by emamos: 7:58am On Oct 13, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday described President Muhammadu Buhari as a good leader, saying he not only has listening ears, but is also anxious to learn.
He stated this when he led some Colombian security experts to meet with the president at Aso Rock to share their experience in tackling insurgency.
Speaking to journalists after the meeting, Obasanjo said Nigeria needed to take a cue from Colombia in respect to how that country had been able to manage that insurgency it had been battling with for more than 50 years.
He said: “I have come to see the president for two reasons. The first one is the one you have just seen: I brought a delegation of those of us who visited Colombia last year under the auspices of a foundation which I am the chairman.
“We went to Colombia to see how the Colombian authorities were handling the issue of insurgency which had been with them for more than 50 years. As a result of that visit and the experience we had, a book was produced and I said to them that it will be interesting for us in Nigeria to learn as much as we can learn from the experience of Colombia.”
On how the president reacted to their submissions, Obasanjo said, “He (Buhari) was interested. You know that one thing you can say about the president is that he is anxious to learn and he has listening ears. Of course, nobody knows it all. A good leader must seek every opportunity to learn and to put what he learns into practice.”
The former president also hinted that the second purpose of his visit to the Villa was to brief the president on the success recorded so far in resolving the political crisis in Guinea Bissau.
He said based on his visit to Guinea Bissau last Friday, where he spent last weekend and returned on Sunday morning, that country has finally agreed to put a new government in place, which would be formed either yesterday or today.
Obasanjo said, “The second aspect of my visit was the work that both the president and the ECOWAS gave me in Guinea Bissau. The last time, we were able to resolve all the issues of getting a new prime minister. This time, we had also been able to resolve the issue of now forming a government.
“If nothing intervenes, I believe, between today and tomorrow, a new government will be in place in Guinea Bissau. They have been without government for almost two months.
“When I was there, I praised the restraint of the general public and particularly the military because the military leaders hold me that for two months, they have not gotten salary. They could not even buy fuel into military vehicles and yet they continue to maintain restraints.
“That cannot go on forever. So, I hope that the actions that we have taken over the weekend (I was there on Friday morning and I left early morning of Sunday), we might be in the process of putting that behind us”.
On the lessons Nigerians can learn from insurgency in Colombia, he said, “The specific thing is that they have been fighting insurgency for 50 years. They celebrated their 50 years in existence in May last year, in fact, we went there in Junehttp://leadership.ng/news/466812/well-win-boko-haram-fight-like-civil-war-obasanjo
lalasticlala,seun

1 Like

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by benedictnsi(m): 7:59am On Oct 13, 2015
Lol..... Obasanjo have spoken grin

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 13, 2015
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 13, 2015
grin
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by stanech: 8:02am On Oct 13, 2015
Baba give it up
You are no longer relevant in the scheme of things

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by 4Kemzy(m): 8:05am On Oct 13, 2015
Issorit, we don dey hear this thing since 1920 till now bomb still dey blow pple. Baba cool down fyn anoda thing talk cos you self follow cause this kpeghe wey dey bedevil us nw.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by temitayo315(m): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2015
Here 2 read comments

LIKE if u're here to do d same

Anyway,make i mark register
#present
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:09am On Oct 13, 2015
Why na?

Dnt mention civil war....its bad for some people

1 Like

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:09am On Oct 13, 2015
stanech:
Baba give it up

You are no longer relevant in the scheme of things
are u not tired of believing that?

grin grin

Where is Jonathan who once said that?

10 Likes

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Bright4(m): 8:12am On Oct 13, 2015
#wailing wailers! Food don jumped on table for u dis morning. Bcoz Ébora have spoken and dtz how it gonna be...like it or u disappear.
Pls... barman (nairalanders)! Sama me with some LIKE to use jolly my day, simply bcoz, today is my birthday. Thank you O
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by warrior01: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2015
The stewpid man is just doing everything possible to remain relevant. Of all the past presidents and heads of states, he remains the only one frequenting Aso Rock even without invitation. Give it up old man, your time has passed

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Ajusshi: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2015
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by stanech: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
are u not tired of believing that?

grin grin

Where is Jonathan who once said that?

He is even a world fiigure now. Heard he is to lead an african delegation to monitor an election. Respect to him

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 13, 2015
grin
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by bonechamberlain(m): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2015
buhari wants to learn, I doubt cause he still likes his commands to be final thinking we are still in the military.

to show u that obasanjo is fast becoming a dullard the civil war lasted for 3years and was fought with brave people who came out to fight.

comparing them with boko haram war which has been on since 2009, and is being fought with people who bomb and run is just utter rubbish. probably to boost his ego as one of those who ended the war.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 13, 2015
Mr. Obasanjo,

You are the Chief problems of this country.

If am PMB, I will first solve you before finishing Boko Haram & corruption.

If not he will SABO all PMB effort in fight evils in the country.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Ajusshi: 8:17am On Oct 13, 2015
warrior01:
The stewpid man is just doing everything possible to remain relevant. Of all the past presidents and heads of states, he remains the only one frequenting Aso Rock even without invitation. Give it up old man, your time has passed

Heard the Ota ape is suffering from delusion of grandeur.
Seems like Ogun people has that in common sha...Seun the islamic bigot has the same disease. wink
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:17am On Oct 13, 2015
Misleading topic:

Baba was talking about how he intervened in Guinea Bissau first to help install a new prime minister and now to install a new government. He also talked about Columbia's 50th Independence Anniversary.

He never mentioned Nigeria's civil war.

11 Likes

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by v4victor: 8:17am On Oct 13, 2015
Baba trying to remain relevant in politics since 600BC!!

"The youths are the future of tomorrow"
Iffa hear! Not when these old, recycled and clumsy politicians who doesn't know when to call it quit are still alive.

BTW, what is the poster below me smoking?
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Dannyset(m): 8:18am On Oct 13, 2015
And Baba is about producing the Prime Minister of Bussau, and some people don't believe he is relevant worldwide. I doubt if some people will want to wake up to reality.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by kingzizzy: 8:18am On Oct 13, 2015
The civil war that Nigeria won with the help of Britain, Russia, Egypt and millions of Dollars in Arab league money. Some victory indeed. The same war with Boko Haram that Nigeria needs Cameroon, Niger, America and now Colombia to get anywhere.

All the civil war did was bring Nigeria under Northern domination. Ojukwu was fighting to free his people while all others were fighting to be slaves of the North in the name of Lord Lugards "one Nigeria"

When the next war comes, I will be in the trenches and I will not come out until the cursed green-White-green flag,which is a symbol of slavery, is lowered forever

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by ShowYourCertificate: 8:18am On Oct 13, 2015
This is where you got it all wrong @Obasanjo. These guys are extremists and jihadist. They're not the average person. They're ready to die. And they indulge in guerrilla warfare, not conventional warfare.

Can our current military and political leadership combat it? I doubt. This video below expresses my doubt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdZrQg0Ds4M
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Aspiregreat: 8:30am On Oct 13, 2015
Easier said than done.

"we are winning the war".
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by ezeonline2(m): 8:30am On Oct 13, 2015
I trust the man. Boko guys will see their end soon

1 Like

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:32am On Oct 13, 2015
stanech:

He is even a world fiigure now. Heard he is to lead an african delegation to monitor an election. Respect to him
and how many times has OBJ done dt?

By the way, every Democratic past presidents are accorded with such
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by maupe: 8:33am On Oct 13, 2015
The man known as OBJ, visited the Aso rock villa yesterday to discuss his ministerial nominee, but masqueraded it as s security visit.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by maupe: 8:34am On Oct 13, 2015
ezeonline2:
I trust the man. Boko guys will see their end soon
Believe him at your own peril.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by DFemaleBoss(f): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2015
The Op is so silly, the old man never said anything about Nigeria's civil war.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by neocortex: 8:37am On Oct 13, 2015
If we are going colombian then negotiation
with boko haramn is the end game.
I wonder why colombians who couldn't solve their
50 years civil war are being consulted to help
solve boko haram issue.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Agimor(m): 8:37am On Oct 13, 2015
Take cue from Colombia ke,why not take cue from Putin.or they not seeing the way the Russian army are given Obama and Isis a run for their money.tough time demand tough strategy.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Misleading topic:

[size=24pt]Baba was talking about how he intervened in Guinea Bissau first to help install a new prime minister and now to install a new government. He also talked about Columbia's 50th Independence Anniversary.

He never mentioned Nigeria's civil war.[/size]

1 Like

Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by maupe: 8:38am On Oct 13, 2015
kingzizzy:

When the next war comes, I will be in the trenches and I will not come out until the cursed green-White-green flag,which is a symbol of slavery, is lowered forever
Yeah sure, you are one brave hero.
War is about poor starving boys, killing each other, so that the rich get richer. Its not about ideology, or freedom. Ojukwu, as Gowon had his own financially motivated agenda. The only difference was that Gowon had more important allies than Ojukwu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Nigerian Billionaires + Richest People In Nigeria 2015 / I Have Questions For Those Nigerian Who Want Corruption! / Bloggers Stealing My Intellectual Property On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.