Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! (33044 Views)

Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast / Fashola Wins Support Of Lagos Senators… Amaechi Still Stranded / Saraki, Other kwara Senators endorse Lai Muhammed!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by donofdons: 10:09am On Oct 13, 2015
Lol
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by braine(m): 10:09am On Oct 13, 2015
Who wouldn't endorse someone like Fashola?
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by MartinsEgah: 10:09am On Oct 13, 2015
So far gud
pray harder 4 ur colleagues & any one wit issues shud b handled wit caution.
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by wildchild1: 10:10am On Oct 13, 2015
thats my minister

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/0
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by franchizy(m): 10:10am On Oct 13, 2015
I can see no change in this government. I condemn this endorsement, I condemn it, I condemn it,
Both Fashola and Amaechi will never sail through.
I will rather wail to eternity than see these two criminals become ministers.
We will mobilize the Nigerian youths on a massive protest.
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by Timoviral(m): 10:11am On Oct 13, 2015
OK I done read em so watin una want me to talk
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by kinibigdeal(m): 10:13am On Oct 13, 2015
Tinubu had no choice than to support Fashola because it would have been a disgrace to him. Saraki had a plan, he knows Fashola aren't Tinubu's candidate, PDP intention was to approve Fashola nomination irrespective of the Lagos senators approval. To avoid public disgrace, Tinubu order is senators to support Fashola so that gullible people will think Fashola is one of is candidate. We all know tinubu submitted Wale Edun and this other puppet, Buhari himself pick Fashola against Tinubu's nomination. What a disgrace to Lagos APC after publicizing fake allegations against the candidate that gave them much popularity. Who gain? Fashola ofcourse, and Tinubu is the loser because Fashola and Fayemi will NEVER be a puppet again, they will only be loyal to that man with many cows in Daura.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by sunnydex247(m): 10:14am On Oct 13, 2015
Happy to hear that, ride on BRF
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by olayinkaj2(m): 10:15am On Oct 13, 2015
Oya o wailer, start spewing trash.... the way the news go be for their body, it will be like punch from both left right and center...
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by RAO1(m): 10:15am On Oct 13, 2015
gud
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by hob(m): 10:16am On Oct 13, 2015
Fashola For President 2019

1 Like

Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by owabor(f): 10:17am On Oct 13, 2015
K, let's see what will become of #Amechi#
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by cehnigeria: 10:18am On Oct 13, 2015
Good for him. To learn more about ebusiness and project management, kindly visit www.crmnigeria.com
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Former governor of Lagos state, Babatunde Raji Fashola has secured the nomination of the three senators from the state.

Senators Oluremi Tinubu, Solomon Adeola and Gbenga Ashafa approved the nomination of the former Chief of Staff of Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Fashola was the Lagos State Governor from May 29, 2007 to May 29, 2015. As a candidate of the Action Congress party, now known as the All Progressives Congress, Fashola succeeded Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on 14 April 2007, and was sworn in on 29 May 2007. He was re-elected on 26 April 2011.

He was called to the Nigerian Bar as a solicitor and advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in November 1988 after completing the professional training programme at the Nigerian Law School, Lagos which he undertook between 1987 and 1988

.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/ministerial-nominee-how-fashola-secured-endorsement-of-lagos-senators

bad news for the wailers or bad news for tinubu?
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by anonimi: 10:22am On Oct 13, 2015
They are all same and same Jeun s'oke, Jeun s'apo increase IGR to chop up that have been DEPRIVING Lagosians of basic amenities since 1999. Na the residents go dey continue to suffer.

asumo12:
EJIGBO IN LAGOS:A TOWN ABANDORNED BY GOD AND GOVERNMENT.
this is an island surrounded by bad road.the suffering in this town is so much than the inhabitants are constantly angry..even at present when every part of nigeria is experiencing constant power due to president buhari body language,ejigbo still suffer constant blackout..except few area in it,many other area still share light..even as we try to watch independent parade they have taken the light again yet we pay the highest light bill.up till now power official go about with leather to cut light..the transformers are obsolete..constant light for a full day usually get the transformer burnt..for how long will this continue..i made bold to say if anyone survive can ejigbo he can confidently survive hell fire..no wonder koboko is used to carry out deliverance in some churches there..the demons are stubborn

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2930532_ej_jpeg7ca76d77882e430332e902cf8aa006b9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2930562_16560422160281285921341106939761n_jpeg3f246987e7983ce34919c84af33b9495

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2930563_1972259216015538593393920249017n_jpeg1ee557ff09d875414c0ae7f91392c013

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2930564_16627452179258750690261189497959n_jpeg684673b495a3eebaad6b0b72569e57b0

Smooyis:
One of the streets from the interior of Ejigbo towards NNPC. TRULY A SERIOUS CASE OF NEGLECT.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2931272_img20150911145824_jpeg09c7c1e570296ce96f1380b63cd8358c
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by Btruth: 10:23am On Oct 13, 2015
franchizy:
I can see no change in this government. I condemn this endorsement, I condemn it, I condemn it,
Nonsense

Eeyah! Sorry. You will need a wailing trouser and a jacket to wear oooo, just in case.... bad belle!
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by gbame(m): 10:23am On Oct 13, 2015
So OP, how did Fashola secure the nomination?

1 Like

Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by coolhumble(m): 10:25am On Oct 13, 2015
Alphaoscar:

You will never see them here . They are someone praying and plotting against Amaechi's and they will be shamed again!

Amen
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by anonimi: 10:26am On Oct 13, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Tinubu had no choice than to support Fashola because it would have been a disgrace to him. Saraki had a plan, he knows Fashola aren't Tinubu's candidate, PDP intention was to approve Fashola nomination irrespective of the Lagos senators approval. To avoid public disgrace, Tinubu order is senators to support Fashola so that gullible people will think Fashola is one of is candidate. We all know tinubu submitted Wale Edun and this other puppet, Buhari himself pick Fashola against Tinubu's nomination. What a disgrace to Lagos APC after publicizing fake allegations against the candidate that gave them much popularity. Who gain? Fashola ofcourse, and Tinubu is the loser because Fashola and Fayemi will NEVER be a puppet again, they will only be loyal to that man with many cows in Daura.

Abeg, leave Tinubu out of this matter oh. grin cheesy grin
Our JagbaJantis Asiwaju has said =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2499352_tinhurt_jpeg515e86d07edfa4d532eab98564a298bb
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by Alphaoscar: 10:28am On Oct 13, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:

Heart attack and Coma is waiting for you at your door.

Why are you sounding like a condemned machine ontop APC internal matter? Its better you relax your brain or else your engine will just pafuka ontop fashola matter.

1 Like

Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by mightycrown1(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2015
yes, the same way Amaechi is going to succeed.
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by anonimi: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2015
olayinkaj2:
Oya o wailer, start spewing trash.... the way the news go be for their body, it will be like punch from both left right and center...

The person spewing TRASH here is you for praising someone who stole our money and DEPRIVED us of basic services like the Light Rail, not so

* Four years ago, with plenty fanfare, our former gomina (governor) waka go Toronto for inspect and buy aloku scrap metal trains =>

AUGUST 10, 2011

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars. shocked

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our "excellent" former governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact the new governor, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAM masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Why I reached out to Igbo voters –Ambode, Lagos APC governorship candidate
APRIL 4, 2015
When is the light rail going to be delivered, the project seems to be going on for years?

I just said it, it’s being funded by Lagos State and the Federal Government support is not there. But I believe strongly that we will create a financial restructuring that will allow us to deliver that light rail within the next 18 months.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/why-i-reached-out-to-igbo-voters-ambode-lagos-apc-governorship-candidate/

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new governor dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by lawnreigh(m): 10:29am On Oct 13, 2015
kinibigdeal:
That is the major reason why Tinubu is a politician, he knows when to sheath the sword and in life u can't always have your way which is the reason why Saraki is having problems today(winner takes it all in Nass election) mind you Fashola cannot rewrite history that he was a product & protege of Tinubu school of progressive politics, we disagree to disagree sometimes and Can you tell me the reason why the Kwara nominee was from Tinubu inner caucus(Lai Mohammed) at the expense of your almighty saraki, he hired protesters against the nomination but was dead on arrival. Take it or live it the whole Fashola Saga might even be a conspiracy between the 2 men & Tinubu is powerful and influential haters

1 Like

Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by giantstrides(m): 10:29am On Oct 13, 2015
kinibigdeal:

You do not know anything about how politics is played, you just seat down and formulate ideas on your phone, fashola and fayemi's ministerial appointment are still tinubu's gain, also what tinubu is trying to do is create a new set of national figures so as to broaden his political machinery, hence his trying to nominate people other than fashola and fayemi, this names however do not make him the loser. And for those of you saying wale edun was nominated for lagos state, edun is an indigene of Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by philips70(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2015
franchizy:
Nonsense

Yes, you will IMMENSALLY oppose their screening.
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by kingdompropty: 10:30am On Oct 13, 2015
In all these Tinubu is the loser.

1 Like

Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by kinibigdeal(m): 10:31am On Oct 13, 2015
giantstrides:

You do not know anything about how politics is played, you just seat down and formulate ideas on your phone, fashola and fayemi's ministerial appointment are still tinubu's gain, also what tinubu is trying to do is create a new set of national figures so as to broaden his political machinery, hence his trying to nominate people other than fashola and fayemi, this names however do not make him the loser. And for those of you saying wale edun was nominated for lagos state, edun is an indigene of Ogun state.

The truth is bitter...sorry

1 Like

Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by Chiaka(f): 10:31am On Oct 13, 2015
Good happy for him
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by anonimi: 10:32am On Oct 13, 2015
honeywealth75:
Good news 4 d progressives and a heart attack 4 d wailers.

Please what is progressive about Lagos state that scored 14% in a critical sector such as education with only 2,000 government schools out of 14,000 Yet there are many children roaming the streets instead of being in schools!
That is being RETARDED and a recipe for societal rot & chaos.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by SirNetwork(m): 10:33am On Oct 13, 2015
Thats good. I taught the senators have sidelined that rule of two senators endorsement ? Baba Fash, if you ask me should be in the works ministry. Wish all nominees a successful screening ahead.

Meanwhile, for your java programming projects/assignments my signature is there to help you.
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by davseun2ta(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2015
anonimi:
They are all same and same Jeun s'oke, Jeun s'apo increase IGR to chop up that have been DEPRIVING Lagosians of basic amenities since 1999. Na the residents go dey continue to suffer.

why not ask your local government chairman?... it is expedient you understand the jurisdiction of each of our tiers of Government before spewing trash.
Re: 3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! by ElFenomeno1: 10:42am On Oct 13, 2015
Did anyone ever doubt Fashola will fall at this final hurdle?
That person needs to be jolted back to reality.... Fashola is going to be sworn in as a minister of the federal republic of Nigeria...... in sha Allah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Billboard Of Imo Ministry Of Happiness (Photos) / APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary / Soldiers And Shiite Members Clash Again In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.