Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast (4462 Views)

‘SARS Doing Fantastically Well’ — Police Kick Against #endsars Campaign / Breaking: Lagos Court Orders Interim Forfeiture Of More Assets Linked To Diezan / Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast Devt. Says Lagos Needs Support

Read more http://newswirengr.com/2016/10/20/breaking-lagos-senators-kick-against-approved-3-vat-deduction-for-northeast-devt-says-lagos-needs-support/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Lagos State Senators kick over approved 3% VAT deduction for Northeast Devt. Commission by the Nigerian Senate to rebuild the region..

According to the Senators, 1% should be appropriated for Lagos state Development as well to assist the state they claim is also in need..

The lawmakers Say Lagos needs support and the Senators from Lagos are addressing newsmen at the National Assembly Press Corp as at the time of filling this report, more details to follow.

Nigerian Senate had only last week approved the allocation of three per cent of Value Added Tax (VAT) accruable to the Federal Government in the next 10 years for the rebuilding of the North-East.

This was sequel to the adoption of the recommendation of the Ad hoc Committee on North-East Development Commission Bill, which also proposed that the commission be domiciled in Borno.

It would be recalled that in June when the Bill came for third reading, the two issues of allocation and headquarters of the commission stalled its consideration.

The Committee on Special Duties had proposed that the commission’s headquarters be located in Abuja but Sen. Ali Wakil insisted that it should be sited in Bauchi

Read more http://newswirengr.com/2016/10/20/breaking-lagos-senators-kick-against-approved-3-vat-deduction-for-northeast-devt-says-lagos-needs-support/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by Tolexander: 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nigerian Senate had only last week approved the allocation of three per cent of Value Added Tax (VAT) accruable to the Federal Government in the next 10 years for the rebuilding of the North-East.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
So sorry that the Lagos senators av join the wailing wailers

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
I love this. cool
by the time other states realise they are being ripped off, they'll start demanding for true fiscal federalism which will eventually lead to a restructuring of the system

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
Awon oloriburuku! They want to use Lagos money to rebuild their dammed region, and they gat the mind to shout down our senators requesting for 1%. Na lagoon sure pass.

20 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by AllTheWayUp: 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
Buhari VS Tinubu part 3

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by NextGovernor(m): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
When it will favour North you won't know when they debate and pass it to law but when it comes to the South it turns to National debate and won't even pass 1st reading... I am not tribalist but sometime the way this country is run is not fair. It just pain me that the yorubas were deceived and I just hope they learn the 3rd time (after Awolowo and Tinubu ).

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by Danfuster(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
Cooperate looting/stealing is now the order of the day

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by bigtt76(f): 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
Meanwhile the VAT comes from the numerous Haram which Boko guys were against grin BTW who needs to rebuild the North East? The states there never de collect federal allocation? Instead of them to be developing their states, they be sponsoring people to Hajj, constructing metal caskets, conducting mass weddings, sponsoring Qur'anic recitations. Naaaa dem use their hand spoil the land, they should sacrifice and rebuild it from their own allocations.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by masseratti: 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
NextGovernor:
When it will favour North you won't know when they debate and pass it to law but when it comes to the South it turns to National debate and won't even pass 1st reading... I am not tribalist but sometime the way this country is run is not fair. It just pain me that the yorubas were deceived and I just hope they learn the 3rd time (after Awolowo and Tinubu ).
i hope you guys will learn after Azikwe and Ekwueme, you guys should face the Northerners and stop screaming Yorubas in your dreams.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by masseratti: 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
bigtt76:
Meanwhile the VAT comes from the numerous Haram which Boko guys were against grin BTW who needs to rebuild the North East? The states there never de collect federal allocation? Instead of them to be developing their states, they be sponsoring people to Hajj, constructing metal caskets, conducting mass weddings, sponsoring Qur'anic recitations. Naaaa dem use their hand spoil the land, they should sacrifice and rebuild it from their own allocations.
you are so Right, they should know that a good percentage of vat comes from Nigerian brewery

10 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by NextGovernor(m): 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
masseratti:
i hope you guys will learn after Azikwe and Ekwueme, you guys should face the Northerners and stop screaming Yorubas in your dreams.

Anybody that condemn this government is now Igbo.... I am from South South bro not Igbo land.

12 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by ezechueze(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
OK
Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by MXrep: 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
yorubas should know that it is impossible for them to get what they deserve when the North has an advantage, This is a regime for the North, they destroyed a southern regime because it failed to marginalize igbos for them, now they have an anti igbo regime but they will only manage crumbs, so they should shvt up. Igbos will move en masse to the NE when the money start flowing there, milk the money and repatriate home

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by MXrep: 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
masseratti:
Political alignment is not bad, but it should not be slave/master style like the one yorubas just did out of desperation. Yorubas were never suited for national politics, since independence

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by masseratti: 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
MXrep:

Political alignment is not bad, but it should not be slave/master style like the one yorubas just did out of desperation. Yorubas were never suited for national politics, since independence
lwkmd, oh now its political alignment when it suits you, but Betrayal when it's the other way round.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by masseratti: 6:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
NextGovernor:

Anybody that condemn this government is now Igbo.... I am from South South bro not Igbo land.
so Anybody that do not condemn this government is automatically a Yoruba right?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by ayindejimmy(m): 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
MXrep:

you meant igbos cos they're the one always screaming marginalization

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by myobjective: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
NextGovernor:

Are you this daft? AWOLOWO was against one Nigeria, he wanted true regions system and secession clause on the Nigeria constitution before independent but your father AZIKIWE want one Nigeria and form Alliance with the north.

When bill was sponsored to have 1% of national income to develop Lagos, the igbos legislature in the house go against despite the fact that it will also be beneficial to the igbo large community on Lagos.

Nigeria need to be rule base on a strong regional government or each region should go their separate ways

11 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by Ahmeduana(m): 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
Stealthideals24:
Awon oloriburuku! They want to use Lagos money to rebuild their COURSED region.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by docsholz(m): 7:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
masseratti:
lwkmd, oh now its political alignment when it suits you, but Betrayal when it's the other way round.
don't engage this guys, they live and breathe hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by devilson(m): 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
which yeye north east.why can't there elites contribute money to develop the cursed region.
they ban alcohol but they wanna collect tax derived from alcohol sales nd production.
abi wehrey ni awon eleyi ni

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by RZArecta(m): 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
I just dey laugh grin we're in this shít together bruh

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by TheFreeOne: 7:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
Anytime I listened to this issue regarding NE development I just laugh.

These northern elites/politicians will end up embezzling those funds using their cronies to get contracts. Unfortunately those dudes don't want any development aside using their people/almajiris to perpetuate themselves in order to control naija resources.

Why do those who promised support to fund the redevelopment not forthcoming again? They understand the game hence their lukewarm attitude to it.

And isn't 3% over 10yrs crazy? I have said it severally and will say it again southerners are there own worst enemies and will continue to play second fiddle until we all have a serious brain reset and do the right thing.

10 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by NextGovernor(m): 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
myobjective:

Are you this daft? AWOLOWO was against one Nigeria, he wanted true regions system and secession clause on the Nigeria constitution before independent but your father AZIKIWE want one Nigeria and form Alliance with the north.

When bill was sponsored to have 1% of national income to develop Lagos, the igbos legislature in the house go against despite the fact that it will also be beneficial to the igbo large community on Lagos.

Nigeria need to be rule base on a strong regional government or each region should go their separate ways

That was after he failed, deceived and dumped by the North. Just like the way Tinubu is wailing and rebeling against them partially after been used and dumped. Too late

7 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by achi4u(m): 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
I think they should make it 20% after all they're the owners of Nigeria.
The Northerners own this country, while the West help them to archive their nonsense /rubbish aims.

As for igbos and our southern brothers, we're not new to this game.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by anigbajumo(m): 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2016

Bunch of thieves. How does this minimize the number of almajiris' in the north Is just an avenue by northern leaders to boost their looting pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by doctokwus: 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
What of SE.
A region devastated by 3years of civil war must deserve 10% of VAT then.
Yet no single senator from the SE has seen this anomaly!All they are interested in is embezzling money to go and build big mansions in their villages and be worshipped as tin gods by their marginalized and impoverished kinsmen.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by DIKEnaWAR: 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2016
THEY should tell the north that VAT also comes from alcoholic drinks.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by dEastActivist: 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
What the Lagos government is asking for is irrelevant and nothing to pursue nor right home about.

The NE is suffering from terrorist attack...
If I may ask what is Lagos suffering from?
What kinda greedy sw senators do we even have in our senate.

The other day was special status for Lagos, a bill sponsored by the wife if tinubu, remi tinubu. What kinda fuvk is that?!?!
For this economic recession? Do they think other states are fools or what??

I encourage all the States and regions to be reawakened to avoid a set of scavengers and parasitic entities riding on them. Ignorance is never an excuse. Fight for your rights, your states and your regions.

Is so sad this is the nature of things as some ingrates Are hellbent in ripping us of our collective Commonwealth through the Senate.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by mazifrankmore: 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
This is very bad!

The entire south(I don't give a f**k about yeruba and igbo bickery)should stand up and refuse this injustice!

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Lagos Senators Kick Against Approved 3% VAT Deduction For Northeast by Omololu007(m): 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
NextGovernor:

That was after he failed, deceived and dumped by the North. Just like the way Tinubu is wailing and rebeling against them partially after been used and dumped. Too late
you are a fool,,awolowo never partner the north before and after independence,it was azikwe who formed a government with the north.
we need to restructure this country or we should all go our different ways

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

On The Wike/secondus Vs Yoruba PDP Imbroglio And The Political Naivety Of Ndiigb / See Dilapidated Primary Sch In Buhari's Home Town Where He Voted / Who Else Notice Esn now uses Advance Weapons(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.