Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account (2708 Views)

Omokri 'Opens' Bank Account For Amaechi, For Nigerians Owing Him To Pay / Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother / Fayose Has N300m In His Zenith Bank Account - Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by adeyemi97(m): 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
Please I need y'all advice. I use Wema Bank . I had over N180k in my account last month (September) but am not a reckless spender . The maximum I collect in a week is 10k for feeding. The money I collected throughout last month wasn't more than N30k , so I knew I still had around N150k at the end of the month. But when Wema bank sent me my monthly screenshot balance. It was just N75k . I was so surprised but I thought it was an error or something so I said to myself that I'll call the customer line the next day. The next day again , they sent me another screen shot balance which shows that I have just N62k left. And I didn't collect any money . I was so shocked so I decided to go and buy airtime and call them , I bought 3k airtime, I saw some clothes too, I bought few worth around 10k . Making 13k , as I was going home to call . I stopped by to buy an iPhone charger for my phone which is just 2k , but when I tried my card with the pos machine. It rejected it and said insufficient balance
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by adeyemi97(m): 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
More
I thought maybe it was the pos machine that had problem, so I tried atm but it told me the same thing (insufficient balance) I was so shocked. How did my whole money disappear. When I got home, I called Wema customer care and told them to send me my full statement of account from August till date, I explained to them my money is disappearing and I don't know how and I know I can find out how only through the statement of account but they told me I have to come to the bank in person to request for it. And am not in Nigeria. I study here in Europe. So , that's not possible, I explained to the customer care girl but she said I should write a letter with my signature and scan it to them , that's the only option apart from coming in person. I wrote the mail and everything and I sent it to them.

That following day my dad called me and I explained everything to him but he said he already sent my house rent to me that day which is 350pounds and additional N30k for feeding, everything all together was N150k . My 3months house rent and feeding allowance

Immediately he told me, I went to the arm machine to withdraw my money before it disappears again. I collected N60k since that's the daily arm limit and decided to get the rest the following day

The following day , Wema bank sent me my weekly screenshot and told me I have 10k left. JESUS CHRIST. My money still remain N90k now, I said to myself. With anger and sadness mixed together, I called Wema again and explained everything to them and told them I even called them 2days ago.

The lady that picked the call said I should calm down because I was so furious and told her Wema bank is stealing my money. She said Wema can't steal my money.

So I told her to start telling me all my transactions from the beginning of September till date. She started telling me everything.

She told me all the money I withdrew by myself and the venue I withdrew It. And I confirmed it but it got to a point she started mentioning some money I didn't withdrew and I told her I didn't collect the money

She told me the person has been withdrawing my money through a mean called GOOGLE MACHINE ZONE

She said she's not sure maybe my card has been compromised. And one thing is , my card is always with me in my purse 24/7 .
She said the only thing they can do now is to block my account and my card so that they can investigate.

I asked that till when but she said they'll contact me whenever they are done..

Please I need y'all help, 244k is not a small money and my 3month house rent is even involved.

What can I do?? What is a Google machine zone Please advise me
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by moderation2020: 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
adeyemi97:
Please I need y'all advice. I use Wema Bank . I had over N180k in my account last month (September) but am not a reckless spender . The maximum I collect in a week is 10k for feeding. The money I collected throughout last month wasn't more than N30k , so I knew I still had around N150k at the end of the month. But when Wema bank sent me my monthly screenshot balance. It was just N75k . I was so surprised but I thought it was an error or something so I said to myself that I'll call the customer line the next day. The next day again , they sent me another screen shot balance which shows that I have just N62k left. And I didn't collect any money . I was so shocked so I decided to go and buy airtime and call them , I bought 3k airtime, I saw some clothes too, I bought few worth around 10k . Making 13k , as I was going home to call . I stopped by to buy an iPhone charger for my phone which is just 2k , but when I tried my card with the pos machine. It rejected it and said insufficient balance
your money mysteriously reduced, instead of going to d bank to rectify it, u went shopping with the same ATM card. who is deceiving who?
clap 4 urself, killing urself by urself, making it mord complex, why not work into the branch& request simple explanation. I bet if the bank can't explain the disappearance, they will definitely put it back to u that u are the cause, because u help complicate the issue.

just go to any branch, not late yet
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by INTROVERT(f): 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
okay..

youve been told already that you are a victim of credit card fraud.... so what do you want us to tell u again...

Watch the movies FOCUS so you might gain insight of how your card is been used without your consent..

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by adeyemi97(m): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
okay
what is ok? angry

1 Like

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by Philistine(m): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
Another Graduant from Yabaleft
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
BROS ASK YOUR LAWYER TO WRITE TO THEM TO SUE THEM IF THEY CLAIM HOT HEADED.
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by profosa: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
We assist with Excess Bank charge or illegal bank transaction deduction.call us on +234 01 295 5663 or email jumoke@teaselconsults.com for more information about our service offering in excess bank charge recovery.

1 Like

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by RockMaxi: 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2015

That was unprofessional of Wema Bank to have allowed an unathorised online withdrawal. Somebody somewhere knows about it and possibly inhouse.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2015
moderation2020:

your money mysteriously reduced, instead of going to d bank to rectify it, u went shopping with the same ATM card. who is deceiving who?
clap 4 urself, killing urself by urself, making it mord complex, why not work into the branch& request simple explanation. I bet if the bank can't explain the disappearance, they will definitely put it back to u that u are the cause, because u help complicate the issue.

Did you actually read the story?

3 Likes

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by moderation2020: 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Did you actually read the story?

no, read it for me, rubbish.
I should b d one asking if u actually read d story.

some1 account balance reduced, instead of going to the bank he went shopping, ur here asking if I read the story
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by xrisdon(m): 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
op which one is N240k ?

are you talking about N240 as in two hundred and forty naria or 240k as in two hundred and forty kobo??

clarification please
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmm, too bad. I don't and have not had such experience with my bank (Diamond bank ) i also leave my ATM card in my wallet and i know it's not safe someone can easily copy the number and clone it for fraudulent transactions.

OP i think you should block that card and request for a new one after the cause of you money "misterious" disappearance is rectified.
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by adaweezy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
adeyemi97:
More
I thought maybe it was the pos machine that had problem, so I tried atm but it told me the same thing (insufficient balance) I was so shocked. How did my whole money disappear. When I got home, I called Wema customer care and told them to send me my full statement of account from August till date, I explained to them my money is disappearing and I don't know how and I know I can find out how only through the statement of account but they told me I have to come to the bank in person to request for it. And am not in Nigeria. I study here in Europe. So , that's not possible, I explained to the customer care girl but she said I should write a letter with my signature and scan it to them , that's the only option apart from coming in person. I wrote the mail and everything and I sent it to them.

That following day my dad called me and I explained everything to him but he said he already sent my house rent to me that day which is 350pounds and additional N30k for feeding, everything all together was N150k . My 3months house rent and feeding allowance

Immediately he told me, I went to the arm machine to withdraw my money before it disappears again. I collected N60k since that's the daily arm limit and decided to get the rest the following day

The following day , Wema bank sent me my weekly screenshot and told me I have 10k left. JESUS CHRIST. My money still remain N90k now, I said to myself. With anger and sadness mixed together, I called Wema again and explained everything to them and told them I even called them 2days ago.

The lady that picked the call said I should calm down because I was so furious and told her Wema bank is stealing my money. She said Wema can't steal my money.

So I told her to start telling me all my transactions from the beginning of September till date. She started telling me everything.

She told me all the money I withdrew by myself and the venue I withdrew It. And I confirmed it but it got to a point she started mentioning some money I didn't withdrew and I told her I didn't collect the money

She told me the person has been withdrawing my money through a mean called GOOGLE MACHINE ZONE

She said she's not sure maybe my card has been compromised. And one thing is , my card is always with me in my purse 24/7 .
She said the only thing they can do now is to block my account and my card so that they can investigate.

I asked that till when but she said they'll contact me whenever they are done..

Please I need y'all help, 244k is not a small money and my 3month house rent is even involved.

What can I do?? What is a Google machine zone Please advise me
did you connect your bank account with your google account? cos it seems play store is taking your money through an app
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by adeyemi97(m): 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
adaweezy:

did you connect your bank account with your google account? cos it seems play store is taking your money through an app
no brother. I didn't connect my bank with any play store or Apple store. Just to avoid things like this. I don't even use my card in buying songs on iTunes
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by adeyemi97(m): 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2015
Storeburn:
Hmm, too bad. I don't and have not had such experience with my bank (Diamond bank ) i also leave my ATM card in my wallet and i know it's not safe someone can easily copy the number and clone it for fraudulent transactions.

OP i think you should block that card and request for a new one after the cause of you money "misterious" disappearance is rectified.
ok bro. Thanks. I already told the bank to block the card
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by adeyemi97(m): 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
xrisdon:
op which one is N240k ?

are you talking about N240 as in two hundred and forty naria or 240k as in two hundred and forty kobo??

clarification please
two hundred and forty thousand naira
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by adeyemi97(m): 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
moderation2020:

I didn't go for shopping. I went to buy airtime so that i can call wema bank customer care. And how do you expect me to walk into their bank when they don't have a branch here. I said am outside Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by adeyemi97(m): 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
moderation2020:

no, read it for me, rubbish.
I should b d one asking if u actually read d story.

some1 account balance reduced, instead of going to the bank he went shopping, ur here asking if I read the story
and who told you I went shopping I went to buy airtime to call wema bank and they don't have a branch here , am not in Nigeria

If you have a good advice, just give it and if you don't. STFU and stop writing anyhow. Don't complicate issue for me

2 Likes

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by datbay(m): 4:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
I wonder o,some nairalanders just like insulting others anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by onatisi(m): 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
adeyemi97:
I didn't go for shopping. I went to buy airtime so that i can call wema bank customer care. And how do you expect me to walk into their bank when they don't have a branch here. I said am outside Nigeria.
op,please ignore that guy,silence is the best answer for foools like that. Tell your father to take the case up with wema bank. Do you receive emails alert of your bank transactions ?since you are not in Nigeria ,you will need ppl to help you in pursuing the case to a logical conclusion

2 Likes

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by stevecantrell: 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
What the hell is GOOGLE MACHINE ZONE ?
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by MayorofLagos(m): 4:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
First, it appears you are in UK, judging from your entry about 350pounds house rent.

You keep telling us of your bank balance and withdrawals and charges in Naira but each time you withdraw or charge your card the transaction is done in pounds sterling. So the exchange rate and atm fees as well bank fees should be factored in.

Let me ask you, do you play online games? I know you have icloud since you carry iphone, so you used an account to setup your applestore profile. What account did you use, is it the same Wema bank account?
There are games that have subscriptions and often you are tricked in with a 30days or 15 days free subscription trial. At the end of the trial it is your responsibility to opt out, otherwise subscription kicks in automatically. Same for mobile contents like ring tones, sports and entertainment updates and so on. There is no regulation on internet commerce to protect consumers yet....so users of online contents are very vulnerable, particularly those who are too open and ready to sign up for free stuffs at the slightest offer. Remember, they have object metrics that collect metadata about your habits, they use the grading to score whether you are a smart shopper or a gullible one and they act based on that information to push more free stuffs with hidden fees and terms to you.

In addition to checking with bank, i suggest you contact applestore to discover if recurrent bills are charged to your icloud account.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by sinkhole: 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
I had an experience dat is somehow similar to the OP's. I used my GTB card to make online purchase but I later realized that the site might be fraudulent, luckily for me I also have a savings account linked with my card, I immediately moved all my money from the current to the savings. I continually got message that attempt was made to withdraw money on my account but could not be completed due to insufficient balance!
I called customer care to complain and they told me they are completely handicapped, that if the right information is supplied( which I actually gave on the site!) they will always honor the transaction and only option left for me is to block the card(NOT THE ACCOUNT), this I did with immediate allacrity and I got another card at additional cost to me!

1 Like

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by moderation2020: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
adeyemi97:
and who told you I went shopping I went to buy airtime to call wema bank and they don't have a branch here , am not in Nigeria

If you have a good advice, just give it and if you don't. STFU and stop writing anyhow. Don't complicate issue for me

u must be a madman
Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by ruffhandu: 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2015
MayorofLagos offered some useful advice.
Let me add some.
First, when you noticed an unauthorized withdrawal from your account, you should have notified them immediately, even if it is 2k, and follow it up vigorously as if it is all the money you have.

Your card is in your wallet all through does not mean it is 100% safe. Your friend might have peeped in, or you may have used it on some insecure sites, the details are its security.

Since you don't have too much money there, I'll suggest you clear the account from your end as soon as it is funded.

The truth is, the bank may end up not paying you a kobo. So, just learn to play safe subsequently.

But for now, make sure you follow them up and give them no rest. Threaten them with a lawsuit. Do not end at phone calls only, write emails.

Also note that, even if anything causes them to refund you, it may take a while. So, if your house rent is there, ask your father for another before you start having accommodation issues.

While you work at it, make sure you face your studies.

1 Like

Re: Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account by TeaselConsults: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2015
profosa:
We assist with Excess Bank charge or illegal bank transaction deduction.call us on +234 01 295 5663 or email ofarri@teaselconsults.com or teaselconsulting2015@gmail.com for more information about our service offering in excess bank charge recovery.

(1) (Reply)

Diezani Returns To nigeria / Photo Of The Lion That Escaped In Jos Wildlife Park Today / If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.