Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? (2700 Views)

Visitors' Seat At The Magistrate Court In Wuse, Abuja (Photo) / Boko Haram Commanders Chatting & Smiling In Court In Abuja (Video) / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court In His Jewish Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by scotred19(m): 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
I am yet to comprehend the courage, wisdom and tenacity of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. When he addressed the court of law for the first time, with few words, he was able to convince the judge that his case is not worthy of time being given to it. One, Judge will rule in his favour and DSS will overrule. Two, it's abuse of judiciary, after DSS had treated the orders of two competent court of jurisdiction with contempt, they still came to the court to seek redress. The judge knew that it's a disgrace to the bar and the bench, the only thing that can justify the DSS action is dictatorial system of government. Three, Nnamdi Kanu knew by way of the judge accepting his objection, he would lure the judge into tactical protest that will pressure the executive to obey legal orders.

Now the judge has resigned on the case which summed disgrace on Nigerian government, releasing Nnamdi Kanu would restore the essence of the judiciary and feasibility of this government. The council to Nnamdi Kanu had studied the case, getting prepared on Kanu's defense while Solomon's incarnate was in his dungeon deliberating on his case. He was brought to the court in unusual manner, the DSS are now living in the shadow of justice. They are not ruling out an armed invasion, where the American seal might come a rescue mission, they really thought in the right direction because they are now kidnappers hence detention of Kanu is no longer within the ambit of law. With stern and raw looking force a man, flaunting their rifle’s that knock off before armed opposition but actively trigger at unarmed opposition.

The lion is being guarded; he came down gallantly from the enemy's truck, boldly walked to the courtroom, without fear before his enemies. Being stared with adornment, honour and amazement, people cherished the bravery in him. The courtroom filled with people, families, well-wishers, press, spectators and enemies, he walked amidst them without being deterred or intimidated.  Sitting thoughtfully in the court with his thumb and index finger anchoring his jaw making a cover for the unshaved white beards that signified wisdom, he was thinking, articulating everything being said, watching the judge, DSS and the lawyers before the commencement of his trial.

He was probably thinking, where did such uncivilized Nigerian men of DSS and prosecutors come from? Do they worth prosecuting him again after disobedience to court rulings? So they have no shame to bring him here again?. He probably took a breath of relief when he arrived at the conclusion "if detention is the best, allow me to go back there than waste time here where law doesn't exist". And the lion roared, the judge succumbed to reason. The question is, if the court in Nigeria can no longer give order or justice, where do we get justice? I therefore bring my case to the international criminal court or to the competent high court of Ghana to help serve justice to mankind. The judiciary in Nigeria has lost its essence and so i pray the unadulterated judiciary of Ghana, Benin Republic, Chad and all neighbors to help the cause of justice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by omooba969(m): 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
I respect a people's right to self determination but what 'm yet to understand is what Nnamdi Kanu intends to achieve with this movement.

Is it just secession? I doubt it.

What my Igbo brothers need to understand is that kanu's dream was dead on arrival because of poor planning & ill-advice.

If kanu was learned as he claims, his secession idea should be inclusive i.e involving the igbo stake holders, elites, traditional rulers & the likes but it appears it's too big a project for him. I heard that one of the south east governors recently distanced himself from the project.

Kanu should know better that his choice of words on his radio channel is tantamount to incitement of hatred & violence.

We all know grounds on which secession can be deemed 'genuine' e.g genocide, oppression/persecution of a people, gross marginalization of a people of the same entity et al but the S.E is not experiencing any of the above. The same problem( inequality ) for which kanu is crying for secession is peculiar to all sections of the country anyway, so what's the big deal.

I had a debate with my good Igbo friend & he also shared his displeasure because he doesn't wish to be seen as a foreigner where he's always known as home. He can't imagine obtaining visa to travel to S.W or North, or being stopped for border checks in a country where he once moved freely. smiley

My fear is that if at all secession is achieved, I pray the wolves amongst my S.E brothers won't hijack the movement but it's inevitable .

Socio-economic challenges is another subject for another day.

Have fun. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by jouchmaleo: 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
justifying his claims Nigeria is a Zoo

2 Likes

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by fhelihx(m): 4:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
He's the cause,why will he contradict and disobey the law..

1 Like

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by nnachukz(m): 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
They will obey court order only if it favours them.

1 Like

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by ojun50(m): 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
MFM
Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by omoelesa(m): 4:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
Guy,u speak too much grammar.Let me put it in simple way,"their are some people that are meant to be put away, for us to have a sane society"

5 Likes

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by scotred19(m): 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
fhelihx:

Dear friend, how did nnamdi kanu disobey the law, when the law interpreters have said he didn't disobey any law. The have asked the DSS to set him free on 2 occasions.

Did he disobey YOUR OWN law

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by IGBOSON1: 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2015
Try the Jungle mate!

Oh, wait a minute.....we already are!!! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by scotred19(m): 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
omoelesa:
Guy,u speak too much grammar.Let me put it in simple way,"their are some people that are meant to be put away, for us to have a sane society"
Hitle thought so, boko haram believe in that also. But you will call this peopl names not knowing that you are not different from them.

Just because you love who's in charge doesn't mean you should follow him blindly.

One day, they will deem you fit to "put away".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by HARDBUOI: 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
fhelihx:

well if u say so...but the law he dissobeyed has set him free, but one animal refused
we shud all call a spade a spade the president has been very unfair on this

IF ANYBODY STILL CASTIGATE THIS MAN AFTER THE LAW HAS SET HIM FREE SHALL NEVER SEE JUSTICE IN HIS EVEN WEN HE TRIES SO HARD!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by fhelihx(m): 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
HARDBUOI:

well if u say so...but the law he dissobeyed has set him free, but one animal refused
we shud all call a spade a spade the president has been very unfair on this

IF ANYBODY STILL CASTIGATE THIS MAN AFTER THE LAW HAS SET HIM FREE SHALL NEVER SEE JUSTICE IN HIS EVEN WEN HE TRIES SO HARD!
Na hin know,now he shall face the consequence

1 Like

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by omoelesa(m): 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
scotred19:

Hitle thought so, boko haram believe in that also. But you will call this peopl names not knowing that you are not different from them.

Just because you love who's in charge doesn't mean you should follow him blindly.

One day, they will deem you fit to "put away".
If the former German government had put Hiltler away,millions of lifes would had been saved.

1 Like

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by Duru1(m): 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
Guns!!!!!

1 Like

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by Duru1(m): 5:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
omoelesa:

He never canvassed to share the same society with you. Are you oblivious of who you really are? Most Nigerians are all mouth no brain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by omoelesa(m): 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
Duru1:

He never canvassed to share the same society with you. Are you oblivious of who you really are? Most Nigerians are all mouth no brain.
Hehe,let him go and be sharing his precious time with boko haram prisoners, at least we have one less terrorist to deal with.

2 Likes

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by scotred19(m): 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
omoelesa:
If the former German government had put Hiltler away,millions of lifes would had been saved.
What's this one saying Hitle himself was the government. Just like you advised, he wanted to have a san society by "putting away" the jews.

The duty of the security force is not to "put away" people just like that. We are no longer in the days of military regime. We are in a democratic setting, you first charge them to court, then carry out the courts order. Get that.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by EternalTruths: 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
omoelesa:

The thought of an illiterate.

Go back and study the root cause of WW2 cool

Keep hailing your dull President until something unplanned for happens that brings calamity to Nigeria. angry

3 Likes

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by scotred19(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

The guy na pure olodo.

5 Likes

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by omoelesa(m): 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
scotred19:

What's this one saying Hitle himself was the government. Just like you advised, he wanted to have a san society by "putting away" the jews.

The duty of the security force is not to "put away" people just like that. Why are no longer in the days of military regime. We are in a democratic setting, you first charger them to court, then carry out the courts order. Get that.
Abegi make we hear word joor,which yeye democracy are we talking about?is it not the same democracy where these politicians,goes to court to get perpentual injuction not to be probed and arrested because of their Past deed.As i have said before, kanu needs to be put away for us to have a sane society.Sometime democratic setting needs to be put aside for some special occation.

2 Likes

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by Gayigaskia(m): 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
This is what you get when you keep calling people older than your parents Goats. You call people animals ,oh they will deal with you like an animal .

1 Like

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by omoelesa(m): 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

Keep hailing your dull President until something unplanned for happens that brings calamity to Nigeria. angry
Calling people names,if i bombard your flatthead with insult,curse,epe and egun now, is the mod that would save u from my hand.

1 Like

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by omoelesa(m): 5:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
scotred19:
The guy na pure olodo.
I Wont go ballistic on u yet.
Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
The albino has elected to remain in the prison knowin full well, the offence he is been charge for is Unbailable ! Let's see who blinks first... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by TruthisGOD: 5:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
omoelesa:
Abegi make we hear word joor,which yeye democracy are we talking about?is it not the same democracy where these politicians,goes to court to get perpentual injuction not to be probed and arrested because of their Past deed.As i have said before, kanu needs to be put away for us to have a sane society.Sometime democratic setting needs to be put aside for some special occation.
Typical black man mentality. So court order and justice shld be flaunted inorder to have a sane society. We are just inviting anarchy, remember that this case is not limited to Kanu alone

1 Like

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by Duru1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2015
omoelesa:
Hehe,let him go and be sharing his precious time with boko haram prisoners, at least we have one less terrorist to deal with.

I bet if a terrorist is placed on the ridge of your nose, you will never understand what terrorist is all about. Kanu's stance is encouraged by Nigerian constitution. Did Daura Dumbass not swear to uphold the constitution of Nigeria? I do not give a ratass about Boko Haram.

3 Likes

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by omoelesa(m): 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2015
TruthisGOD:
Typical black man mentality. So court order and justice shld be flaunted inorder to have a sane society. We are just inviting anarchy, remember that this case is not limited to Kanu alone
Kanu case is special my guy,we are talking about national security here.Nnamadi Kanu is a mad man which needs special attention.
Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by EternalTruths: 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
omoelesa:
Kanu case is special my guy,we are talking about national security here.Nnamadi Kanu is a mad man which needs special attention.

By floating court rulings.

Black man and his uncivilized reasoning grin
Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by Duru1(m): 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
The albino has elected to remain in the prison knowin full well, the offence he is been charge for is Unbailable ! Let's see who blinks first... grin grin

Per the bolded, he can not elect or choose to remain in prison if there was no alternative. If the offence he is charged is not under bail, then how can he elect to remain in prison? Nigerians are illogically funny. Nigerians have shown how idiotic they can be by bringing charges with no legal standing against Kanu. He made Nigerians look like bunch of dunces.

4 Likes

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by omoelesa(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
Duru1:

I bet if a terrorist is placed on the ridge of your nose, you will never understand what terrorist is all about. Kanu's stance is encouraged by Nigerian constitution. Did Daura Dumbass not swear to uphold the constitution of Nigeria? I do not give a ratass about Boko Haram.
Can u tell me what terrorist is all about.To u ibos, kanu is free to threaten others ethnic group,is free to call for destruction of other people,is free to call for killing of yoruba pastor and is free to solicit for weapon to kill nigerians.Am sure if kanu was to be yoruba or hausa now, u people would have petition ICPC,EFCC,ICC and all other Cs in the world.

2 Likes

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
I don't know why Nnamdi Kanu should expect redress from the judiciary of a country he doesn't recognize. Sadam refused to recognize the authority of the Judge that sentenced him. Nnamdi should just have bluffed his way through the courts. He has his brand of justice in his biafra

1 Like

Re: If Court In Nigeria Can No Longer Give Justice, Where Do We Get Justice? by Duru1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
omoelesa:
Can u tell me what terrorist is all about.To u ibos, kanu is free to threaten others ethnic groups,is free to call for destruction of other people,is free to call for killing of yoruba pastor and is free to solicit for weapon to kill nigerians.Am sure if kanu was to be yoruba or hausa now, u people would have petition ICPC,EFCC,ICC and all other Cs in the world.

He can call for his own destruction, the destruction of all ethnic groups in Nigeria yet it does not amount to terror until he and his group carry out the said destruction. If the dumbass Yoruba pastor was killed in Aba due to the fact Kanu called for his murder, then could be charged with acts of terrorism. However the said Yoruba pastor was not harmed means that kanu's followers did not agree with him hence no terror was perpetrated. It is idiocy to charge him with offence that did not take place. You can want all things but until you stole one no offence is committed. You are typical Nigerian devoid of rationality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South West Nigeria An Envy Of Other Regions / hh / Mrs Fighter Should Be Made 2 Come Back 2 Her Senses:Dino Melaye Slams Mrs Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.