Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway (1382 Views)

45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos) / Photos From Virgin Ceremony In Ogu, Rivers State / Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
The first time I was leaving for school, both my mum and dad gave me the ‘heart to heart' talk. My mum sneered at me throughout while telling me to get pregnant if I want because it's my body and my life and I'll face the repercussions alone. That was it, no “call me, tell me everything" or all of that love. It was hurtful cause it seemed she didn't even trust or know me. My dad on the other hand told me there will be friends and parties and boys. I shouldn't deny or ignore these cause it's all a part of growing but what I could do is protect myself against STDs and unwanted pregnancies. I could choose to be abstinent, or use a condom if I don't feel my partner is being faithful.
I was 17 then. Guess whose words I took. Surely dad's.
Comparing both my parents, it's evident why it was so easy to follow my dad, because he was realistic enough to tell me the truth, not hide behind the shadow of “my daughter will be the holy virgin Mary", unlike my mum who went into all that crap about if you lose your virginity, you won't get a great life blah blah blah.
Sure, abstinence during a relationship is a great idea, you guys wanna tie the knot before rumbling between the sheets? No problem, you have my support on that. But that doesn't even come close to making your relationship better than mine just because my boyfriend and I are already doing the ‘deed'. It doesn't mean my boo doesn't respect or love me or thinks I'm not worth settling down with.
Society doesn't frown at girls that are non virgins, society frowns at girls that have no moral compass. I'm not a virgin doesn't mean I'm a slut or LovePeddler, it doesn't make me a bad influence or morally loose. In fact, nowadays, girls who appear to be all calm and gentle and are always wearing bazuka skirt all around the place might be the sex workers my brother picks up every night, while the club stripper everyone knows and sneers at might be the misunderstood virgin.
If you're a virgin, flaunt it. If you aren't a virgin, hiding or lying about it shouldn't be an option. There's no shame in it. When every girl is claiming to be a virgin, abeg, who are the guys having sex with then?
Not being a virgin is not an equivalence that I'm polluting my body with multiple sexual partners. I don't support prostitution or one night stands or casual flings, I don't support being sexually active when both your body, mind, heart and soul aren't ready. We abuse these freedom and rights and that's why abstinence keeps getting drummed into our ears.
Stop hiding the fact that you're not a virgin. I mean. What's so great about being a virgin anyway? Why can't we all just defend ourselves and our choices and be okay with being who we are? Do think on this. Take care.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by spidey77: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
Okkkayyyy....yes u don de Bleep.....so how does dat change de price of fish...
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by lanrehamd: 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
our society and the world at large has been immorally active and shame has been thrown into the dustbin of history that's why a lady sees nothing bad in loosing her virginity before her boy friend/Husband-to-be takes her to the Alta.
In the days of the old, there is nothing as shameful as loosing your virginity before marriage, not only to the lady in question but also to the entire family of such lady. but today we call it Civilization/Globalization/Socialization just to justify our abysmal lifestyle and jeopardizing our hereafter.
For one who cares to listen. !!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by MadCow1: 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
JustTara:
The first time I was leaving for school, both my mum and dad gave me the ‘heart to heart' talk. My mum sneered at me throughout while telling me to get pregnant if I want because it's my body and my life and I'll face the repercussions alone. That was it, no “call me, tell me everything" or all of that love. It was hurtful cause it seemed she didn't even trust or know me. My dad on the other hand told me there will be friends and parties and boys. I shouldn't deny or ignore these cause it's all a part of growing but what I could do is protect myself against STDs and unwanted pregnancies. I could choose to be abstinent, or use a condom if I don't feel my partner is being faithful.
I was 17 then. Guess whose words I took. Surely dad's.
Comparing both my parents, it's evident why it was so easy to follow my dad, because he was realistic enough to tell me the truth, not hide behind the shadow of “my daughter will be the holy virgin Mary", unlike my mum who went into all that crap about if you lose your virginity, you won't get a great life blah blah blah.
Sure, abstinence during a relationship is a great idea, you guys wanna tie the knot before rumbling between the sheets? No problem, you have my support on that. But that doesn't even come close to making your relationship better than mine just because my boyfriend and I are already doing the ‘deed'. It doesn't mean my boo doesn't respect or love me or thinks I'm not worth settling down with.
Society doesn't frown at girls that are non virgins, society frowns at girls that have no moral compass. I'm not a virgin doesn't mean I'm a slut or LovePeddler, it doesn't make me a bad influence or morally loose. In fact, nowadays, girls who appear to be all calm and gentle and are always wearing bazuka skirt all around the place might be the sex workers my brother picks up every night, while the club stripper everyone knows and sneers at might be the misunderstood virgin.
If you're a virgin, flaunt it. If you aren't a virgin, hiding or lying about it shouldn't be an option. There's no shame in it. When every girl is claiming to be a virgin, abeg, who are the guys having sex with then?
Not being a virgin is not an equivalence that I'm polluting my body with multiple sexual partners. I don't support prostitution or one night stands or casual flings, I don't support being sexually active when both your body, mind, heart and soul aren't ready. We abuse these freedom and rights and that's why abstinence keeps getting drummed into our ears.
Stop hiding the fact that you're not a virgin. I mean. What's so great about being a virgin anyway? Why can't we all just defend ourselves and our choices and be okay with being who we are? Do think on this. Take care.

undecided
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
Nothing change jare but something might be lost when the guy that had enjoyed bleeping you for years says: Babe, you aren't the right match for me!

I'm a virgin in training anyway.
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 15, 2015
lanrehamd:
our society and the world at large has been immorally active and shame has been thrown into the dustbin of history that's why a lady sees nothing bad in loosing her virginity before her boy friend/Husband-to-be takes her to the Alta.
In the days of the old, there is nothing as shameful as loosing your virginity before marriage, not only to the lady in question but also to the entire family of such lady. but today we call it Civilization/Globalization/Socialization just to justify our abysmal lifestyle and jeopardizing our hereafter.
For one who cares to listen. !!!

YES!!! That is civilization and that is how it shld be. Evn you as a man , will yu tell me yu can still dress the way they dress in the olden days or will yu be happy travlin in a wood lorry like they do in the olden days. Things s got to change and yu can't stop that.. Infact in few generations to cm, i bet you wnt see a 10 yr old girl a virgin again
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by emmanuel596(m): 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2015
U are just spewing all this trash out of stewpidity....keep year pu,ssy and it's story to ur self cos u ve lost ur virginity doesn't mean y shld influence others to do same...that crazy boo u are blabing about now will end up dumping u and it will b d same NL dat u would come and open ur dirty mouths to say all guys are the same....if u don't listen to ur parents advice I wonder who's gonna advice u to listen....wannabe,busybody,noticeme bitch

2 Likes

Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
emmanuel596:
U are just spewing all this trash out of stewpidity....keep year pu,ssy and it's story to ur self cos u ve lost ur virginity doesn't mean y shld influence others to do same...that crazy boo u are blabing about now will end up dumping u and it will b d same NL dat u would come and open ur dirty mouths to say all guys are the same....if u don't listen to ur parents advice I wonder who's gonna advice u to listen....wannabe,busybody,noticeme bitch

I guess she listned to her father's advice, cos she dd not opened a thread talking about how she got pregnant, so obviously she s bn having condomed sex like her father told her
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by sarlin(f): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
Jadonjack:

YES!!! That is civilization and that is how it shld be. Evn you as a man , will yu tell me yu can still dress the way they dress in the olden days or will yu be happy travlin in a wood lorry like they do in the olden days. Things s got to change and yu can't stop that.. Infact in few generations to cm, i bet you wnt see a 10 yr old girl a virgin again

you're missing it up here...in the area of civilization he wasn't talking about dressing,it what you do with your body;nobody would wants to get married to striper or someone that has gotten her honeypot so wide
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by Nobody: 4:18am On Oct 17, 2015
sarlin:

you're missing it up here...in the area of civilization he wasn't talking about dressing,it what you do with your body;nobody would wants to get married to striper or someone that has gotten her honeypot so wide

And dats another mistake yu are making dere, people nowadays judge with what dey see outside, ignorin totally, the insyd. Do you knw dere are virgin strippers out dere??
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by lilmax(m): 11:26am On Oct 17, 2015
Jadonjack:

And dats another mistake yu are making dere, people nowadays judge with what dey see outside, ignorin totally, the insyd. Do you knw dere are virgin strippers out dere??
really? tell me more
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
lilmax:
really? tell me more

Na in yu don hear so nah
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by sarlin(f): 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2015
Jadonjack:

in some cases you are ryt......but Neva forget that whatever you re inside will definitely show outside...so anyone that's virgin can Neva b a stripper..kos yhu need undastnd first y u re kiping that virginity ...
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2015
sarlin:

...so anyone that's virgin can Neva b a stripper..kos yhu need undastnd first y u re kiping that virginity ...

As we all knw, all fingers are nt equal, some people find demselves in sm circumstances dey can't really avoid cos dey need some to feed on. Nt all strippers do it out of a willingly heart, some really av no choice and dey wuld rather nt sleep with diff men to make a living.
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by sarlin(f): 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jadonjack:

As we all knw, all fingers are nt equal, some people find demselves in sm circumstances dey can't really avoid cos dey need some to feed on. Nt all strippers do it out of a willingly heart, some really av no choice and dey wuld rather nt sleep with diff men to make a living.

this you are saying is so different from what you av said and what she said as well; losing your virginity bkos circumstances it quiet understanding to some limit than doing it bkos someone asked you to,or you want pple to think you are a big girl/boy.....is trash to me
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
then I don't think you get what he's saying or what I ( op here) was trying to say. The main point of the post, no one should hide the fact that they aren't virgins, if you did it out of free will, be ready to defend yourself and stop lying to us. Not being a virgin shouldn't also be used as a base to judge character, 99.9% of the guys antagonizing girls who aren't virgins aren't virgins themselves. Do you get it now?
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 19, 2015
sarlin:

this you are saying is so different from what you av said and what she said as well; losing your virginity bkos circumstances it quiet understanding to some limit than doing it bkos someone asked you to,or you want pple to think you are a big girl/boy.....is trash to me

Yu said, a virgin can neva be a stripper, dats wat I was trying to oppose
Re: What's So Great About Being A Virgin Anyway by sarlin(f): 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
Jadonjack:

Yu said, a virgin can neva be a stripper, dats wat I was trying to oppose

#smiles#

(1) (Reply)

How Bori (animism) Thrived In Hausa Land During The Pre Islamic Years / Igbofocus / Igbo Language, Going Goin....soon Gone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.