Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Is There A Clear Difference Between...? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There A Clear Difference Between...? (2871 Views)

A Clear Confirmation That Kylian Mbappe Is A Nigerian (video) / 10 Clear Signs That A Campus Guy Only Wants Your Body - EDUREGARD / 7 Clear Signs You’re Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Twill92: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
The word Infatuation, Love and Lust is not a new word in our society... Lust can easily be differentiated from the other 2 but the closeness of Infatuation and Love has made it difficult to spot the differences....

are there actually differences btwn them? or not?... your opinion n experiences please

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Beesluv: 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
here to learn

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by flawlesRebirth(f): 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
infatuation....s kinda the same thing as Love...buh infatuation s not as real as love.....its just a feeling U get for sm1 buh such feelings dnt last

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
LUST is PERVERTion while LOVE is INTIMACY.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by chomytex(f): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
Spreads mat..cutehector,tosyne2much,naijaboiy oya make una come oh food don done.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by naijaboiy: 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
Well infatuation is like Love but it's not love. It happens just for a temporary moment and can last for as long as 5-6 months.

During that period,you get a strong feeling as if you're in love and if one is not careful,he may act on his feelings

Love is stronger than infatuation and lasts longer. It overcomes many tribulations. One simple and easy way to know if you are just infatuated with someone is when there is a bit of selfishness in your feelings towards the person you have feelings for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by StPete: 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Infatuation stems from not having a mature understanding about love. Most teens are guilty of this. I believe true love comes with a proper understanding of the person and your emotions

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by naijaboiy: 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
chomytex:
Spreads mat..cutehector,tosyne2much,naijaboiy oya make una come oh food don done.
I don take my own share of the food smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by trapQ: 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
True Love never dies, never gives up, never wanes, keeps no record of wrongs etc etc etc. But unfortunately, in this day and time, love is rarer than diamonds.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Twill92: 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
naijaboiy:
One simple and easy way to know if you are just infatuated with someone is when there is a bit of selfishness in your feelings towards the person you have feelings for.
Boss abeg explain this part a little more... tnx

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
The only way to knw the difference is "TIME" one fades with time and the other doesn't smiley

I am searching for my true love kiss
Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by naijaboiy: 4:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
Twill92:
Boss abeg explain this part a little more... tnx
There is a bit of selfishness in the sense that your feelings towards that person is based on how a relationship with that person will benefit you.

I'm not talking about monetary or material benefits but emotionally. You just feel like you need that person for emotional support and compatibility. People get infatuated mostly when they are desperately in need to find a partner. On the long run when they have satisfied themselves everything fades out with time and they feel little or nothing for that person.

Personally,i believe infatuation can gradually grow into Love if nurtured carefully and patiently. The temporary feelings will die and then the real feelings of love will blossom.

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
naijaboiy:

There is a bit of selfishness in the sense that your feelings towards that person is based on how a relationship with that person will benefit you.

I'm not talking about monetary or material benefits but emotionally. You just feel like you need that person for emotional support and compatibility. People get infatuated mostly when they are desperately in need to find a partner. On the long run when they have satisfied themselves everything fades out with time and they feel little or nothing for that person.

Personally,i believe infatuation can gradually grow into Love if nurtured carefully and patiently. The temporary feelings will die and then the real feelings of love will blossom.
kai,u are a pro in dis aspect...kudos

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Cutehector(m): 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
D reason why love is rare is because we like to get deceived with words dan wit actions.. Imajin my ex told me she loved me and expected me to tell her I love her bak... I"v not felt any love for her so why is she forcing it? Jeez!

Look here ladies, love is not a feeling, rather an act.. Its a doing word, not an adjective. Thr is nothing like love wen u r young, or in ur teenage years, its just hormones fvckn wit ur brain.. Truth be told, I hav neva felt anylove for d opposite sex eva, and I wish to, or rather its somthing I want to do. Naturally, I"m kind, and nice, and I"m not ready for love yet until I"m able and capable for it.. Nw let's not deceive ourselves, we are all young, we should be havn fun instead of falling in love cheesy. If u wana keep ur virginity, den stay out of relationships. Be single and mastturbatte urself continuously, cheesy buh if u want a functionin relationship, den be ready for d gameshow.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Twill92: 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
Cutehector:
ur comment really got me laughing my ribs of but its fully spiced up with the truth
Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Twill92: 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
General3620:
kai,u are a pro in dis aspect...kudos
he is really a pro... m sure he has a school on this thing called love...

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Twill92: 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
zaragal:
The only way to knw the difference is "TIME" one fades with time and the other doesn't smiley

I am searching for my true love kiss
wow... i respect that... nd hope you'll surely find Him when the "TIME" comes.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Twill92:
wow... i respect that... nd hope you'll surely find Him when the "TIME" comes.

Thnx.. cheesy
Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
Cutehector:
D reason why love is rare is because we like to get deceived with words dan wit actions.. Imajin my ex told me she loved me and expected me to tell her I love her bak... I"v not felt any love for her so why is she forcing it? Jeez!

Look here ladies, love is not a feeling, rather an act.. Its a doing word, not an adjective. Thr is nothing like love wen u r young, or in ur teenage years, its just hormones fvckn wit ur brain.. Truth be told, I hav neva felt anylove for d opposite sex eva, and I wish to, or rather its somthing I want to do. Naturally, I"m kind, and nice, and I"m not ready for love yet until I"m able and capable for it.. Nw let's not deceive ourselves, we are all young, we should be havn fun instead of falling in love cheesy. If u wana keep ur virginity, den stay out of relationships. Be single and mastturbatte urself continuously, cheesy buh if u want a functionin relationship, den be ready for d gameshow.

U were making sense until u said if y wanna keep ur virginity masturbate.....honestly u jst start to talk without sense..

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
Love is established as soon as familial bond is established between a couple. Till then, one can't really ascertain. The only exception will be when there are concrete evidences to proof the fact that 'this is really love' smiley

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by tosyne2much(m): 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
chomytex:
Since I don't know the difference

Lemme call my brother in the Lord. Ronald4lif where art thou ?

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Omotayor123(f): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2015
Make I dey observe on top my ugwu tree.. Cc. Adedayourt

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by adedayourt(m): 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
Omotayor123:
Make I dey observe on top my ugwu tree..
Cc. Adedayourt

jus tell d op to visit us on our ugu tree nd we ll both teach him wat love means.. cool cool nd wat fatuation is not

but 4 u nd me, it is ekuro dat is d alabaku of our bean kiss grin kiss

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Bosville(m): 10:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
zaragal:

U were making sense until u said if y wanna keep ur virginity masturbate.....honestly u jst start to talk without sense..
So fornication is a better option right??
Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
Bosville:
So fornication is a better option right??

Is masturbation any better??
Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Bosville(m): 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
zaragal:

Is masturbation any better??
You just don't get it girl.....You ain't a male i dont expect you to understand.
Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Cutehector(m): 2:32am On Oct 15, 2015
zaragal:

Cutehector:
only those wit a functioning sense of humor will see d bolded and knw I was joking because of d smiley there... Go get one!
Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Twill92: 5:12am On Oct 15, 2015
cc: MISSNORA FestacGirl axiliborha Swissheart Paradise163 ijebabe Eniqurl CuteEmma EroticAngelina Dioxidane christinie titi4fola grad2012 ShayGirl Missmossy, prettythicksme Barbienice elantraceey Twaci MizMyColi lalasticlala cherrybrown naijaboiy chocolateme cococandy rokiatu ireneony misssclassy.... make una come tell us una view about this matter o
Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Eniqurl(f): 6:47am On Oct 15, 2015
Infatuation love doesn't last long, it's just a temporary shiit btw I neva fall in love so I dono wah love is cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 15, 2015
Cutehector:
only those wit a functioning sense of humor will see d bolded and knw I was joking because of d smiley there... Go get one!

Ur stupidity is alarming...joking with things like dis....i think it's u who needs to go borrow some

1 Like

Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Cutehector(m): 6:49am On Oct 15, 2015
zaragal:

Ur stupidity is alarming...joking with things like dis....i think it's u who needs to go borrow some
k
Re: Is There A Clear Difference Between...? by Swissheart(f): 8:03am On Oct 15, 2015
What do I know?....Oya lemme learn......

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help For My Pregnant Wife (pictured) / Pls Tell Me I Don't Look Like Him... Nooo!!! / Guys Which Will You Choose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.