Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,001 members, 7,814,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) (5202 Views)

Why Amaechi Is Angry, Criticizes Me – Wike / The End Of Saraki, He Is A Goner, Those Uporting Him Needs To Read This. / Amaechi Is The Lion Of Africa – Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
LIVINGSTONE WECHIE (INTEGRITY GROUP) DEFENSE AT THE SENATE OVER PETITION AGAINST ROTIMI AMAECHI

This was the Integrity Group defense of its Petition before the Senate Committee on Ethics and Privileges.

It was held at Senate Room 120 on Monday October 12, 2015 at 4.pm.

The Session was occasioned by an invitation by the Senate to the Integrity Group led by Livingstone Wechie, who is the Media and Publicity Director, following the petition the Integrity Group sent to the Senate President and the Nigerian Senate against CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI'S nomination for Ministerial appointment, on the grounds of heavy corruption and criminal allegations against Amaechi.

In what seemed deliberate, the invitation to appear before the Senate committee chaired by Senator Samuel Anyanwu, got to The Integrity Group in Port Harcourt by 11.am on same day to appear by 12.pm of same day, October 12, 2015. Just an hour timeline. It was by miracle that Livingstone Wechie managed to catch up with the next available flight to Abuja to defend the petition. What "perfect " inglory? by the Senate.

Meanwhile, The Senate claimed that the matter concerning the Integrity Group petition is in court and so could not hear them because their hands according to them, are tied.

The debate on the matter between the Senators and Livingstone Wechie took over an hour of intellectual struggle on point of Law, facts, morality and equity.

The Senators became conspiratorially helpless because according to Section 66(1)(h), of the 1999 Constitution as amended, anyone who has been indicted by a Commission of Enquiry or a Tribunal can not be appointed Minister, pursuant to Section 147 of same Constitution.

The Integrity Group also made it clear that if the matter is in court and the Senate by its standing rules can not hear it, it also means that parties including Amaechi must stay away pending the determination of the suit, meaning that Amaechi can not be screened because the matter is in Court.

More worrisome was how the Senate Committee cleverly shut out the Media from that proceeding and struggled to create an artificial fair hearing scenario, thus leading to a one sided reportage of the matter.

The Integrity Group posited that if the Senate goes ahead to confirm Amaechi as Minister, it will mean that the Senate and the federal government of Nigeria have ganged up against Rivers peoples and they have endorsed corruption.

We win all the way in our fight for probity and accountability in governance.

Video of the Senate Committee meeting/proceedings With Livingstone Wechie of the Integrity Group will be on YouTube today... Loading....

grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 7:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
Simply put, making Thief Rottenmeat Amaechi a Minister is like taking our constitution and burning it with fire; something even the dullest of all leader would not attepmt. So let's see how dull they are!!! grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by warrior01: 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Learnt something new today.
Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by chidi4eze(m): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Are u not tired of making noise? Is it not obvious ur primary aim is to stop this man from getting what he struggled hard for? NONSENSE INTERITY GROUP

6 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by CharlesPhc: 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Interesting...!!!
Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
chidi4eze:
Are u not tired of making noise? Is it not obvious ur primary aim is to stop this man from getting what he struggled hard for? NONSENSE INTERITY GROUP
Do you have any sense at all? You think leadership position should beput in the hands of executive thieves?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by chidi4eze(m): 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
ahaika23:
Do you have any sense at all? You think leadership position should beput in the hands of executive thieves?
to you... You and I who sound senseless? Is obviously you!! Why didn't u raise this issue immediately after d elections or even when Amaechi was in office.. My problem with Livingstone is that his overclouded with what he feels his getting now.. Forgetting d mathematics might change tomorrow... I will leave you with this quote '' POLITICAL MEMORY IS REPEATEDLY SHORT''

3 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
[s]
chidi4eze:
to you... You and I who sound senseless? Is obviously you!! Why didn't u raise this issue immediately after d elections or even when Amaechi was in office.. My problem with Livingstone is that his overclouded with what he feels his getting now.. Forgetting d mathematics might change tomorrow... I will leave you with this quote '' POLITICAL MEMORY IS REPEATEDLY SHORT''
[/s]
Are you wailing? Stop jor, that my primary constituent! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy political memory card cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
warrior01:
Learnt something new today.
You owe me one bro. An iced cold bottle of fayrouz (pineapple flavor) grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nwenem, meka weeee!!
CharlesPhc:
Interesting...!!!
Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
very trying times for the self acclaimed lion of ubima smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by Reptyle(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nice going.

But how did Mr. Wechie, who I assume is based in PH, make it down to Abuja within 1 hour of receiving notice of the senate hearing

#winchtins# shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 9:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
cheesy That also beats my imagination, but he said it was a miracle
Reptyle:
Nice going.

But how did Mr. Wechie, who I assume is based in PH, make it down to Abuja within 1 hour of receiving notice of the senate hearing

#winchtins# shocked

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by UmuEri(m): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
I had already placed a bet (us$2000). Amaechi will not be minister!

5 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by stanech: 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
That means that if amaechi is screened it will not only place a huge questin mark on the dulllards fight against corruption but will also be a breech in our constitution.

No wonder the us is not sending their army to naija yet. They can't believe our naïve her people are.

10 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
Useless Noisemakers! I only pity Wike! He will cry tears and blood in his remaining few days as Governor cheesy

3 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by frankyychiji(f): 9:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
chidi4eze:
And what did your god Amaechi struggle hard for? Must he be a minister?? So you mean Amaechi should be applauded for raping the Rivers people in broad daylight of their hard earned commonwealth? Is Amaechi the owner of rivers state? Buhari should start building a new maximum security prison for Amaechis occupation without delay if he is sincere with the fight against corruption!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by frankyychiji(f): 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Useless Noisemakers! I only pity Wike! He will cry tears and blood in his remaining few days as Governor cheesy
The ministers are noise makers and you will choke on Wikes good fortune.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by frankyychiji(f): 9:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
chidi4eze:
Mumu, direct your quote to Amaechi the thief!

7 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
stanech:
That means that if amaechi is screened it will not only place a huge questin mark on the dulllards fight against corruption but will also be a breech in our constitution.

No wonder the us is not sending their army to naija yet. They can't believe our naïve her people are.
Exactly, Tis like a huge bone in their throat!

6 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by lincolnj88: 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
one thing i learnt ...
Never betray ur people course , even ur people are wrong try as much to be neutral ...
Becos no matter what they are d one to house you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by oganology33(m): 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
chidi4eze:
So u mean dat he spent Rivers Billions jxt 2 b nominated a mere Minister

7 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by maupe: 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
Amaechi will be confirmed by the senate tomorrow, but the senators will ridicule him before that.

1 Like

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by teadrake(m): 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hon Rotimi Amaechi is having a hard time both on Nairaland and outside.Anxiously waiting for the outcome

6 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
Yea, the sorry state of our political clime and absolute zero integrity would allow that to happen.
maupe:
Amaechi will be confirmed by the senate tomorrow, but the senators will ridicule him before that.

1 Like

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hey you shimale, I learnt Amaechi was outside senate room 120 making frantic calls cheesy, I thought you said he was in the studio! undecided
NgeneUkwenu:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by Jman06(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
Amaechi is a criminal. In a sane clime he should roast in jail for the rest of his life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by banki(m): 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
Jman06:
Amaechi is a criminal. In a sane clime he should roast in jail for the rest of his life.

Says people that publicly brought thugs to the rsha last year
Says people that bombed maimed and killed people for supporting another politcal party

1 Like

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
Una don silent now abi! APC fighting corruption with corruption
banki:

Says people that publicly brought thugs to the rsha last year
Says people that bombed maimed and killed people for supporting another politcal party

4 Likes

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by honestivo(m): 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
Is only in Nigeria that some like. Amaechi can still tink of bn a leader

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by ahaika23: 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nigeria is definitely a shitthole if that happens
honestivo:
Is only in Nigeria that some like. Amaechi can still tink of bn a leader

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) by 6pax: 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
ahaika23:
LIVINGSTONE WECHIE (INTEGRITY GROUP) DEFENSE AT THE SENATE OVER PETITION AGAINST ROTIMI AMAECHI

This was the Integrity Group defense of its Petition before the Senate Committee on Ethics and Privileges.

It was held at Senate Room 120 on Monday October 12, 2015 at 4.pm.

The Session was occasioned by an invitation by the Senate to the Integrity Group led by Livingstone Wechie, who is the Media and Publicity Director, following the petition the Integrity Group sent to the Senate President and the Nigerian Senate against CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI'S nomination for Ministerial appointment, on the grounds of heavy corruption and criminal allegations against Amaechi.

In what seemed deliberate, the invitation to appear before the Senate committee chaired by Senator Samuel Anyanwu, got to The Integrity Group in Port Harcourt by 11.am on same day to appear by 12.pm of same day, October 12, 2015. Just an hour timeline. It was by miracle that Livingstone Wechie managed to catch up with the next available flight to Abuja to defend the petition. What "perfect " inglory? by the Senate.

Meanwhile, The Senate claimed that the matter concerning the Integrity Group petition is in court and so could not hear them because their hands according to them, are tied.

The debate on the matter between the Senators and Livingstone Wechie took over an hour of intellectual struggle on point of Law, facts, morality and equity.

The Senators became conspiratorially helpless because according to Section 66(1)(h), of the 1999 Constitution as amended, anyone who has been indicted by a Commission of Enquiry or a Tribunal can not be appointed Minister, pursuant to Section 147 of same Constitution.

The Integrity Group also made it clear that if the matter is in court and the Senate by its standing rules can not hear it, it also means that parties including Amaechi must stay away pending the determination of the suit, meaning that Amaechi can not be screened because the matter is in Court.

More worrisome was how the Senate Committee cleverly shut out the Media from that proceeding and struggled to create an artificial fair hearing scenario, thus leading to a one sided reportage of the matter.

The Integrity Group posited that if the Senate goes ahead to confirm Amaechi as Minister, it will mean that the Senate and the federal government of Nigeria have ganged up against Rivers peoples and they have endorsed corruption.

We win all the way in our fight for probity and accountability in governance.

Video of the Senate Committee meeting/proceedings With Livingstone Wechie of the Integrity Group will be on YouTube today... Loading....

grin grin grin grin grin

hahahaha!!!bthis is mere wishy washy. Amaechi's case is a sub-judicial matter and as such must be screened. he can only be relieved of his position if a competent court of jurisdiction upholds the judicial panel's indictment. the senate knew what they are doing____just trying to placate wailers albeit pretending to give all parties fair hearing. in due time they will do the needful wink

hey for your info Amaechi was one of the best if not the best performing governor during his time in office. he did not indebt the state despite revenue shortfall at some point in the previous administration. need I also remind you that FG was indebt to RG to the tune of 108b naira. how come they are saying he stole money when he executed so many capital project that their for everybody to see. the reserve which the panel said he withdrew and squandered if i may recall was dully approved for him by the HA. the probe everybody knew is just a witch hunt.(probe that was hurriedly concluded three days after the revelation by the FG of the would be ministers grin)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PT Will Resist Attempts To Turn Nigeria Into 2 Party state-olawepo Hashim / See This Photo Of Tinubu At The Presidential Villa / See The Road Construction Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Is Constructing In Sango-Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.