Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,025 members, 7,838,572 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation (13775 Views)

Blackout: 19 Plants Shut As Militant Attacks Shrink Gas Supply / Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by WIZGUY69(m): 9:35am On Oct 15, 2015
scholes0:
Ogun my state is next .....

After Ogun, they should come down to Ekiti my state. grin
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by FreeGlobe(f): 9:50am On Oct 15, 2015
IlekeHD:

Enugu Igbo chief/leader. The man was forced to eat cow dung before he was shot and left in his farm like a common unwanted bushmeat
Ilekeh sweetheart what is the name of the igbo chief? Falae We know.
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by IlekeHD: 9:52am On Oct 15, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Ilekeh sweetheart what is the name of the igbo chief? Falae We know.

More like Falae we care about, dead igbo chief is inconsequential.

https://www.nairaland.com/2205564/fulani-herdsmen-kill-enugu-community
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by januzaj(m): 10:05am On Oct 15, 2015
WIZGUY69:

After Ogun, they should come down to Ekiti my state. grin
After Ekiti,they should come down to Oyo my state....
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by MrMbaM: 10:06am On Oct 15, 2015
chrisblack:
Many of you don't know the history of the market.It is Called Oja OBA meaning the King's Market.It traditionally belongs to the king .in ancient Yoruba history a standard king not the ones that migrated from baales to kings, Traditionally have a market opposite the palace.It has both physical and spiritual meaning to the king and kingdom. This in those days was the major means of taxation and an avenue for the king to raise fund.Its in heard for a non indigene,slave or an outcaste to be the head.The leadership of the market must either be appointed or approved by the king on whose instance they are allowed to trade in the market.In recent times some part of this traditions still exist.you can have people of other places being given positions or even chairman ship of various market ,but not in any Oja Oba. Oja PBA is very central to any Yoruba King and its culture.In Yoruba history a mere baale or chief can not come to the kings palace with his crown on.only a true king can do such. This is part of why the ibos should learn to study the culture of its host properly.They should understand that while they have their own culture which does not really regards that of others those not mean others does not regard their culture.Take for instance you can never be said to be properly married in igboland without the proper traditional marriage rite and palm wine sipping from your bride.if they hold dearly to this tradition and even mandate other tribes comming to marry their daughters to do this they should also learn to abide by the culture of other people.Can I ask why in most cases is it always igbos with other tribes.You would hardly hear of other tribes disrespecting the cultures of ibos in various igbo towns where they reside but its always they IBO disrespecting that of every tribe in Nigeria.let's learn to appreciate and respect the culture of everybody

4 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by FreeGlobe(f): 10:16am On Oct 15, 2015
IlekeHD:

More like Falae we care about, dead igbo chief is inconsequential.
https://www.nairaland.com/2205564/fulani-herdsmen-kill-enugu-community
what is the name of the dead igbo chief? Falae I know
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

Who is stopping you from shaking Dejis hand?

Can you wear a crown and dub yourself the queen of England, Biafra chapter in her presence?

Animal
this girl is an illiterate, how did you make it to london....cant you decipher simple analogy
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Obiwiz(m): 10:26am On Oct 15, 2015
Maybe, a permanent solution is for you to let dem go and be on dia own. Say 'yes' to self-determination. It's dat simple.

1 Like

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by otr1(m): 10:28am On Oct 15, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Junaid mohd is fulani and speaks the mind of the caliphate. He has an Emirate on your land answerable to his sultanate. It will be sensible for you to take him serious as a yoruba. He speaks as your master. grin
I'm certain you and Jinad do not know the road to Kwara State.
Google the fears expressed in the meeting the Ilorin Emirate Descendant Union had prior to the last National Conference and come back here to edit your post.
Jinad should prepare a land for Ilorin Emirate refugees in Sokoto in the event of a break up.
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by azzima(m): 10:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

Is that why igboland is so backwards? Because igbos are running from igboland? No matter how you tried to show us one roundabout, your people still run to yorubaland.

Is that why Igbos run to Yorubaland? Because igboland is worse than backwards? Yorubaland to igbos is like mecca to christians. The golden grail.

Every igbos dream is to travel to Yorubaland or America.

When you're not begging for government assistantship, you're hawking on Lagos mainland bridge selling gala and friend plantain.

America? ??you are elevating dem too much. You will find them in India,Vietnam, Zimbabwe, Namibia ,Laos, Nepal. In fact anywhere that is an escape from their forsaken land. And once they reach these places, we all know what they do to tarnish our great country's name. I once told a foreign colleague when he asked me how "we" tarnish Nigeria's name in these places that dis Niggas ain't Nigerian,they are Biafrans!

2 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by macof(m): 11:00am On Oct 15, 2015
Menace2Society:
But i heard that na only Lagos IBO dey stay lipsrsealed

Come and see Abeokuta, Ado Ekiti, littered with Igbo refugees grin
Later they'll say they developed Lagos grin

2 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Martmore: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2015
But there is a fulani king in ilorin rulling over yoruba people there.Do they see this as being disrespecful
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by coolitempa(f): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Junaid mohd is fulani and speaks the mind of the caliphate. He has an Emirate on your land answerable to his sultanate. It will be sensible for you to take him serious as a yoruba. He speaks as your master. grin

Hahahaha....Junaid said indeed......what a clown..... grin grin
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by MrMbaM: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2015
Yeebhoes are cursed and its there destiny. They are 5th class citizen, so anyone can piss on them. Koboko is the new weapon to flog foolishness out of there brain. Worthless and useless tribe.

1 Like

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by coolitempa(f): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2015
FreeGlobe:

what is the name of the dead igbo chief? Falae I know

In other words.....your point is that the dead ibo chief is inconsequential......just like three million others slaughtered.....falae being kidnapped and released....and the culprits captured...with the FG drawn into the matter is the same...... cheesy....this is ibo logic at hand.......bloody slaves.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by MrMbaM: 11:16am On Oct 15, 2015
Obiwiz:
Maybe, a permanent solution is for you to let dem go and be on dia own. Say 'yes' to self-determination. It's dat simple.

Please who is holding them from going? Quick answer
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Obiwiz(m): 11:40am On Oct 15, 2015
MrMbaM:

Please who is holding them from going? Quick answer
What caused the Nigerian-biafran civil war? Ain't you a grown up man? In fact, as I see ur comment, I just weak..... Smh.
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by MrMbaM: 11:43am On Oct 15, 2015
Obiwiz:

What caused the Nigerian-biafran civil war? Ain't you a grown up man? In fact, as I see ur comment, I just weak..... Smh.

Simple question and you splashing smelly spit. No one is holding you guys from going, so stop blaming everyone for your own misfortune.
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Obiwiz(m): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2015
MrMbaM:

Simple question and you splashing smelly spit. No one is holding you guys from going, so stop blaming everyone for your own misfortune.
Oga, secession or attempted secession is seen as a crime in Nigeria. Datz d reason FG is having issues with massob and Ralph uwazuruike. U just dey vex without reason; wetin hard there to understand? Just think before you reply me na.
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by MrMbaM: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
Obiwiz:

Oga, secession or attempted secession is seen as a crime in Nigeria. Datz d reason FG is having issues with massob and Ralph uwazuruike. U just dey vex without reason; wetin hard there to understand? Just think before you reply me na.

You are the one vexing, I asked you a simple question and you asking if am grown. You guys talk like its one tribe holding you down, reason i asked you but you saying something else. Done with you jare.
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by jaymichael(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
Masterclass32:

Na your side I dey. We should learn to bring our businesses home. I wonder what happens to SE if we all go away. Some Igbo leaders are beginning to see the light and have started calling on our brothers to return home.

Stay abroad for 50 yrs, you're still a stranger.
@the bolded may not be actual.
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by ibedun: 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2015
Shymm3x:
But why always Igbo? Fulani took the heat off them for a few days but they just weren't having and had to go commit a next atrocity on a next land to keep the people talking.

I have never seen a group as problematic as Igbos - ever. When they are not being disrespectful to traditional stools that existed way before they could stop mumbling and start speaking an intelligible language. When they are not claiming they own 200% and developed a next person's land, they are claiming that they're the best thing since slice bread disrespecting people's culture or somewhere trafficking drugs in suicidal hustle in Asia - while moaning and giving useless ultimatums. These folks are a menace and someone needs to save them from themselves before they self-destruct. It must be generational post-traumatic stress due to the Biafran war. Unlike the savagely Fulanis that I can't stand - I actually feel sorry for Igbos. Something isn't just right with these people mentally.

Anyway, Igbos and Fulanis are two sides to the same coin - one is a Muslim extremist group, while the other is a Christian extremist group. Both are a nuisance.

The only good Igbo is a dead one!!! Quote me and you will die on your way to the SE.

1 Like

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by stan4guy6(m): 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
Ilekeh:

Is that why igboland is so backwards? Because igbos are running from igboland? No matter how you tried to show us one roundabout, your people still run to yorubaland.

Is that why Igbos run to Yorubaland? Because igboland is worse than backwards? Yorubaland to igbos is like mecca to christians. The golden grail.

Every igbos dream is to travel to Yorubaland or America.

When you're not begging for government assistantship, you're hawking on Lagos mainland bridge selling gala and friend plantain.

we are not backward we are smart check that again
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Durinsday: 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
[quote author=MrMbaM post=39002586][/quote]

Very good exposé. This is a matter of understanding. The Deji should have pointed out this tradition to the Eze Igbo calmly just to give him benefit of doubt. Even yabbed him humorously of not knowing tradition. Then if its really important to him, asked the Eze Igbo to come back without the crown for the deliberation. That way no one would react inappropriately.

These things just need understanding and good spirit. The Eze Igbo humbly visited the king the next morning after a late night summon and dobaled with his crown on. I guess thats where the problem came. If the Deji looked at him and laughed at his ignorance of tradition while admonishing him to go back and come without a crown that would have been best. Trying to remove the crown from him in peoples presence is embarrasing and I can bet that Eze did not know this tradition. The Yoruba are a wise and accomodating people no doubt. This kind of response from Deji would have even unseated the market chairman before the next meeting as the Eze Igbo would be negotiating from a position if little power.

2 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by jaymichael(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2015
Masterclass32:

Na your side I dey. We should learn to bring our businesses home. I wonder what happens to SE if we all go away. Some Igbo leaders are beginning to see the light and have started calling on our brothers to return home.

Stay abroad for 50 yrs, you're still a stranger.
@the bolded may not be actual. http://www.citypulseng.com/2014/07/how-oshodi-tapa-became-lagosian.html?m=1
http://thenationonlineng.net/madam-tinubu-inside-political-business-empire-19th-century-heroine/
You know oshodi right? do you know that oshodi is not of Lagos even Yoruba origin? He was a Nupe (who Yorubas call Tapa) origin from Niger state.
You may also know Tinubu. Maddam Efunroye Tinubu (that has tinubu square built in her honor) Tinubu was originally from Egba.
These people contributed immensely to the history and development of Lagos that no one today can deny them of not being citizens or natives of Lagos. They assimilated. They were accommodated, they appreciated the hospitality of their host and they contributed their quota with all their might (without boast or insult to their host and benefactors). They never boasted or rub it in the faces of their hosts that they developed Lagos single handedly. Lagos honoured, respected and elevated them to a level that the development and history of Lagos is not complete without mentioning of their names. They became more Lagosians than majority of the natives. Respect is reciprocal. Expect every deed good or bad to be reciprocated. Your attitude determines whether the natives see you as a stranger, a bad or good one or whether they accept you as one of their own. Lagos accepted Oshodi and Tinubu as one of their own.

2 Likes

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by stan4guy6(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2015
Biafra on the way
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2015
Durinsday:

Very good exposé. This is a matter of understanding. The Deji should have pointed out this tradition to the Eze Igbo calmly just to give him benefit of doubt. Even yabbed him humorously of not knowing tradition. Then if its really important to him, asked the Eze Igbo to come back without the crown for the deliberation. That way no one would react inappropriately.

These things just need understanding and good spirit. The Eze Igbo humbly visited the king the next morning after a late night summon and dobaled with his crown on. I guess thats where the problem came. If the Deji looked at him and laughed at his ignorance of tradition while admonishing him to go back and come without a crown that would have been best. Trying to remove the crown from him in peoples presence is embarrasing and I can bet that Eze did not know this tradition. The Yoruba are a wise and accomodating people no doubt. This kind of response from Deji would have even unseated the market chairman before the next meeting as the Eze Igbo would be negotiating from a position if little power.

Are you Igbo or Yoruba?
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by babeface3: 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2015
Display of classified ignoranca. Have you ever stepped outside your hot pot called Nigeria, nay Yourubaland or something?
MayorofLagos:

At everyturn we encounter conflicts and problems with Ibo. This mantra of "reasonable Igbo" is a fraud you all play to disarm your opponents.

Today in Senate Anyawu was probing Fashola on deportation. Can you imagine...a whole Senator picking on a past issue for vendetta. These are ones you want to bamboozle us into accepting as reasonable.

An Eze of Iboland wears crown into Deji of Akure palace. He must be crazy! The Deji wears a beaded Crown.
Do you know what a beaded Crown stand for in Yorubaland? Yet you will push this Eze on us as reasonable.

There is no reasonable Ibo anywhere I don tell my people to stop believing the lie.
Even your Ohanaeze that are supposed to guide and lead are unreasonable ....they tell us they control economy and progress of Lagos and Yorubas are lazy.

We must apply a solution to your nuisance in Yorubaland. We will squeeze your economic stream and compress your growth untill you see your homeland as a refuge and relief from the calamity and packup and go home or find elsewhere outside Yorubaland to go settle.

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by Durinsday: 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
SovietBomber:

Are you Igbo or Yoruba?

Igbo
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by babeface3: 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
Good point. I was a tenant to a prominent chief in Lagos. The day he summoned us for a meeting in his palace, I did not even know you have to postrate while coming in with bare feet. When a servant signalled and whispered to me on that, the Kaabiesi beckoned intoning that I should forget that. "I know you do not know all these", he said. I still postrated and removed my sandals impulsively. What happened in the case posted by OP is a case of animosity against the Ezeigbo. The youths and the Kabiesi were already angry, which anger they vented at the least opportunity
Durinsday:

Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by BushidoBlue(m): 2:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
ibedun:

The only good Igbo is a dead one!!! Quote me and you will die on your way to the SE.

Guard your words. May God have mercy on your soul.
Re: Akure Markets Shut As Deji, Eze Ndigbo Quarrel- The Nation by BushidoBlue(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2015
Durinsday:

It's really amazing that people get worked up over culture shock and instead of going the way of tolerance and peace, violence and anger with deep rooted animosity takes a hold. I have been to different parts of Nigeria and interacted with various traditional rulers. The 1st thing is that in my entourage, any improperly dressed woman is made to cover up, 2nd, little cultural observations are pointed out for adherence by palace courtiers.

Are you telling me there were no courtiers to guide the Eze Igbo before meeting the Deji of Akure?

Having said that, those of you making noise about "teaching Igbos a lesson" are a comical lot.

Is Nigeria a fiefdom or a Republic? Anyway time will tell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kaduna Abduction: President Buhari Commends Military For Their Prompt Response / Femi Falana & Funmi Iyanda On Fuel Subsidy Removal - Channels TV / Boko-Haram Ranks Second On Global Terror List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.